PDA

View Full Version : "I do not know you, therefore this is an excuse to not read your post!"

Fonzie
01-30-2009, 03:58 AM
I find myself doing this a lot lately. It's normal when people use invidious styles of grammar, but now I seem to discredit things simply based on the person's popularity.

Do you find yourself doing this unwillingly?

Tavrobel
01-30-2009, 03:59 AM
No, I always read all of the posts.

But that won't stop me from thinking that you're an idiot anyways.

Jessweeee♪
01-30-2009, 04:02 AM
I'm more likely to read a post by someone who's internet personality I know better :p

Hawkeye
01-30-2009, 04:09 AM
I find myself doing this a lot lately. It's normal when people use invidious styles of grammar, but now I seem to discredit things simply based on the person's popularity.

See, my problem is the opposite Fonz; I do know you, therefore this is an excuse to not read your posts.

Vermachtnis
01-30-2009, 04:17 AM
I try and read everyone's post. Unless it's really, really long. That's why I keep my posts short and entertaining.

Fonzie
01-30-2009, 04:25 AM

See, my problem is the opposite Fonz; I do know you, therefore this is an excuse to not read your posts.

Ah, you give me to much credit.

Moon Rabbits
01-30-2009, 04:38 AM
I read threads with funny titles or lots of replies ... or, if I'm bored.

Bunny
01-30-2009, 05:14 AM
I don't read posts made by idiots.

NeoCracker
01-30-2009, 05:16 AM
See, when Bunny responds to a post to call out its stupidity, he doesn't read it first. He can sense the fail reeking from the post, and reacts to that instead. There is no need to waste the time to read it.

escobert
01-30-2009, 05:24 AM
sometimes I read them all. sometimes I skim. depends on if I feel like reading all this nonsense or not.

Markus. D
01-30-2009, 05:25 AM
If it's on the way down I'll read it, but sometimes miss a couple of pages if it doesn't immerse me enough.

rubah
01-30-2009, 05:47 AM
I only know who has written a post if I recognize their signature.

I usually skim anyways

NeoCracker
01-30-2009, 05:49 AM
I wonder how often Rubah's thought I was Smitten?

rubah
01-30-2009, 06:29 AM
I can barely read the name on that sig, so probably not very much.

NeoCracker
01-30-2009, 06:31 AM
Well put your glasses on women! :mad2:

Bunny
01-30-2009, 06:46 AM
See, when Bunny responds to a post to call out its stupidity, he doesn't read it first. He can sense the fail reeking from the post, and reacts to that instead. There is no need to waste the time to read it.

It's my seventh sense.

The Unknown Guru
01-30-2009, 07:05 AM
I'll read it as long as it doesn't take any real amount of effort.

Awrini
01-30-2009, 07:23 AM

I don't think I like you anymore.

eestlinc
01-30-2009, 07:49 AM
Two things influence my decision to start reading a thread: the thread poster and the thread topic. If the topic catches my eye, I'll read it no matter who started it. If a thread was posted by a person whose posts I especially enjoy reading, I'll read it regardless of the topic. Most times, I read a thread based on a combination of these two factors.

Once I have started reading a thread, I will generally read all of the posts in it. I may skip really long posts that don't interest me, but for the most part I don't skip anything.

NeoCracker
01-30-2009, 07:51 AM

It's my seventh sense.

Is this your sixth? (http://www.frakincool.com/images/mp-common-sense.jpg)

Jiro
01-30-2009, 08:02 AM
If I start reading a thread, and the first post doesn't bore me, I'll finish it. I don't discriminate based on any factors. I just have a laugh at the idiotic posts :D

.:kerrod:.
01-30-2009, 10:34 AM
i don't not read posts made by people i don't recognise, i just enjoy reading posts from prominent members more because i have an idea of what they're like, etc.

Big D
01-30-2009, 10:42 AM
I'm more likely to read a post by someone who's internet personality I know better :pThat's me as well. It's a bit counter-productive, but I'm not all that interested in getting to know new internet people anyway.

Old Manus
01-30-2009, 10:51 AM
I read the first half of the post then continue scrolling unless it was an interesting post (god forbid)

Cuchulainn
01-30-2009, 11:03 AM

That is the most moronic thing I've read here for a long time.

scrumpleberry
01-30-2009, 11:54 AM
Naw, not really. Sometimes it can go in one ear and out the other, if I don't care enough.

Loony BoB
01-30-2009, 12:16 PM
I don't discriminate in any way with regards to users when I'm reading a thread - at least, I don't think I do, anyway! However, there have been occasions that I'll disregard posts based on how long they were.

EDIT: So pretty much the same as what eest said.

Setzer the Gambler
01-30-2009, 12:18 PM
I tend to read whichever posts are new in specific forums, but I do not read based on popularity of people. I've been here for a long time and that is the way I have always done it.

Loony BoB
01-30-2009, 12:25 PM
Now that I look at who has responded in this thread, I recognise all but one of them so it would be hard to find posts to skip if I did this. xD

Awrini
01-30-2009, 12:38 PM
Now that I look at who has responded in this thread, I recognise all but one of them so it would be hard to find posts to skip if I did this. xD

But BoB, if you recognize all but one person. You should automatically filter out those people that you know repeatedly give poor and/or excessively long postings.

Loony BoB
01-30-2009, 01:14 PM
Nobody gave a long post in this thread. :confused:

And as for poor posts, I read them anyway if they're short, as it doesn't take long and I can always warn them if they're spam.

Fonzie
01-30-2009, 01:51 PM

That is the most moronic thing I've read here for a long time.

Fair enough.

Setzer the Gambler
01-30-2009, 04:53 PM
Nobody gave a long post in this thread. :confused:

And as for poor posts, I read them anyway if they're short, as it doesn't take long and I can always warn them if they're spam.

That only person was probably me considering that my lack of activity has been the influence to the fact that I am known by no one on this website.

Plus, I rarely had to deal with the administrators on the forum. The only time I had to deal with one of them is when I requested that my username be changed :)

Loony BoB
01-30-2009, 05:00 PM
The one person was Vermachtnis, actually. :p I recognise you well enough.

EDIT: Wait, I was wrong! I thought you were another Setzer (Setzer Gabianni). =x My bad!

Bunny
01-30-2009, 05:05 PM

It's my seventh sense.

Is this your sixth? (http://www.frakincool.com/images/mp-common-sense.jpg)

Deadpool is so sexy.

Meat Puppet
01-30-2009, 05:07 PM
I’m with the Mexican on this one

Rantz
01-30-2009, 05:13 PM
I only read posts made by white heterosexuals.

Setzer the Gambler
01-30-2009, 06:34 PM

EDIT: Wait, I was wrong! I thought you were another Setzer (Setzer Gabianni). =x My bad!

Hehehe, see? You don't recognize me :D
Make that two then... ;)

Quindiana Jones
01-30-2009, 07:11 PM
The only post I read is the first post, and any post that has me quoted in it.

Vermachtnis
01-30-2009, 07:34 PM

*Goes hide in corner of woe* :crying2:

Goldenboko
01-30-2009, 08:06 PM
Normally I try to give everyone a chance, newbies who are cool means a more active forum latter on, however there are certain people I tend to ignore, but usually only if the post illegible. There's certain types of illegible too.

Type 1.

No punctuation of ANY kind, no capitals, just a big block of text.

hey guys i like final fantasy i and ii and iii and iv and v and vi and vii and vii and viii and ix and x and xi and xii i hope you guys like those games too because they are cool you know what i mean sure you do youd have to be stupid not to like final fantasy because it are best franchize ever and stuff btw i really really like rabbits and clowns k thanks buy

Type 2

Really, overly, excited people. Normally includes a 6 smiley to 1 word ratio.

HAI PEOPLES ;):):p:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:. MY NAME IS JONAS! :jokey: :jokey: :jokey: :jokey::shoot: I REALLY LIKE FINAL FANTASY! :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

See you all round b/c this is the coolest forum EVAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:love::love::love::greenie::mog::mog::choc:

Type 3

What the fu...?

iahfriwahifwjiodjanpr evpaiehr oaih g aihfo ah efawpo dfmzs lfnvaoi rgjaonfgkpanrifanpeif aweo japmksdn goaejf apwi rakm mdkapfmawpf aowjpawj aonf akldjfpao wamfapsm apwoj aefma f

Marshall Banana
01-30-2009, 08:10 PM
Yep.

Also, I try to post about things other than strawberries, so I'm not too predictable.

Gwawr
01-30-2009, 08:23 PM
If I'm honest, I tend to read without even looking to the left to see who's written it. I know so little about people here that I see no point in knowing who wrote it until I've read it.

Dr. Acula
01-31-2009, 01:59 AM
Normally I try to give everyone a chance, newbies who are cool means a more active forum latter on, however there are certain people I tend to ignore, but usually only if the post illegible. There's certain types of illegible too.

Type 1.

No punctuation of ANY kind, no capitals, just a big block of text.

hey guys i like final fantasy i and ii and iii and iv and v and vi and vii and vii and viii and ix and x and xi and xii i hope you guys like those games too because they are cool you know what i mean sure you do youd have to be stupid not to like final fantasy because it are best franchize ever and stuff btw i really really like rabbits and clowns k thanks buy

Type 2

Really, overly, excited people. Normally includes a 6 smiley to 1 word ratio.

HAI PEOPLES ;):):p:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:. MY NAME IS JONAS! :jokey: :jokey: :jokey: :jokey::shoot: I REALLY LIKE FINAL FANTASY! :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

See you all round b/c this is the coolest forum EVAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:love::love::love::greenie::mog::mog::choc:

Type 3

What the fu...?

iahfriwahifwjiodjanpr evpaiehr oaih g aihfo ah efawpo dfmzs lfnvaoi rgjaonfgkpanrifanpeif aweo japmksdn goaejf apwi rakm mdkapfmawpf aowjpawj aonf akldjfpao wamfapsm apwoj aefma f

My thoughts exactly.

snacks
01-31-2009, 06:04 AM
No I just have a certain resident Face make me a script to replace what the person/persons post with "I'm just complaining again."

Works for me :D