PDA

View Full Version : Favorite main party

Darkswordofchaos
01-31-2009, 09:41 PM
What Are your favorite partys for the games were you only get to have 3 or 4 at a time

mine are this
For:
VI its celes, terra, sabin, Edgar
VII: Cloud, Red XIII(Nanaki), And Barrette or Yuffi
Cant remember for 8
havent finished 9
X: Rikku, Auron, tidus
XII: Fran, Basch, Vaan

trancekuja
01-31-2009, 10:11 PM
VI : shadow ,edgar ,terra ,sabin
VII : cloud ,tifa(aeris until death) ,vincent
VIII: squall , irvine ,quistis
IX: zidane ,dagger ,vivi ,steiner
X: tidus ,yuna ,wakka(though,I switched regularly in combat)
XII: fran,penelo, ashe
XIII: ???

Del Murder
02-01-2009, 02:04 AM
VI: Terra, Locke, Celes, Edgar
VII: Cloud, Cid, Vincent
VIII: Squall, Zell, Selphie
IX: Zidane, Quina, Eiko, Aramant
X: Yuna, Wakka, Rikku
XII: Ashe, Balthier, Fran

NeoTifa
02-01-2009, 02:10 AM
7: Cloud, Cid, Vincent
8: Squall, Irvine, Zell
9: Zidane, Eiko, Freya
10: Tidus, Auron, Yuna

The Turk
02-01-2009, 02:16 AM
VI- Celes, Edgar, Sabin, Gau
VII- Cloud, Yuffie, Tifa
VIII- Squall, Quistis, Selphie
IX- Zidane, Vivi, Steiner, Dagger
X- None, none, none
XII- See above.

sir helix
02-01-2009, 03:07 AM
VI- locke, edger, sabin, celes
VII - cloud, vincent, cid
VIII- Squall, zell, selphie
IX- zidane, steiner, Vivi, Dagger
X- Auron, Rikku, Wakka
XII- Vaan, Basch, Penelo

hhr1dluv
02-01-2009, 06:58 PM
Erm...
I: Fighter, Thief, White Mage, Black Mage
IV: Cecil, Rosa, Kain, Rydia, Edge
VI: Locke, Celes, Edgar, Sabin
VII: Cloud, Yuffie, Vincent
X: Tidus, Yuna, Lulu
X-2: Alchemist Yuna, Berserker Rikku, Dark Knight Paine
XII: Vaan, Penelo, Basch

scrumpleberry
02-01-2009, 07:08 PM
IV - Rydia, Kain, Rosa, Cecil, FuSoYa (he's just too cool <3) (I know you probably never even get to play this party but I DON'T CARE <3)
VI - either Terra, Edgar, Setzer, Shadow OR Celes, Locke, Sabin, Mog

I can't really decide for the rest.

demondude
02-01-2009, 07:35 PM
IV: Cecil, Kain, Rydia, Cid, Tellah. (I wish you could play with this party)
VI: Terra, Locke, Setzer, Strago.
VII: Cloud, Cid, Cait Sith.
VIII: Squall, Irvine, Quistis.
IX: Zidane, Quina, Vivi, Dagger.
X: Tidus, Yuna, Lulu.
XII: Balthier, Fran, Ashe.

Jessweeee♪
02-01-2009, 08:17 PM
VII: Cloud, Cait Sith, Yuffie
VIII: Squall, Zell, Irvine/Selphie

Everyone was used equally in the other games I played :p

Well except for Kimahri. He was only used when I wanted to put in the effort to make him useful.

Wolf Kanno
02-02-2009, 07:26 PM
FFI: Fighter, Monk, Black Mage, White Mage -I've yet to use a Red Mage in this game

FFII: Firion, Marie, Gus, and Josef - I don't know what it is, but this party was so broken for me. None of the other guest characters were ever as useful as Josef.

FFIII(DS): Dark Knight, Geomancer, Dragoon, Devout- Favorite combo.

FFIV: Cecil, Rosa, Rydia, Kain, Yang - Only get this party for such a short amount of time....:(

FFV: Samurai, Mystic Knight, Time Mage, Blue Mage - their are sub classes involved but these are easily my four fave job classes in this game. :cool:

FFVI: Terra, Setzer, Celes, Shadow - I'm odd, cause I pretty much never use the Figaro Bros. unless the story makes me. I just find the game generally more challenging and fun when you don't have these two demi-gods in the party.

FFVII: Cloud, Tifa, Vincent - Cid occasionally replaces Vincent, I can't say I really liked anyone in this game but I feel this party offered the best variety.

FFVIII: Squall, Rinoa, Irvine - I love twitch players like Squall and Irvine. If Angelo wasn't so useful, I wouldn't use Rinoa but I always felt Quistis was kinda useless (Square, stop making Blue magic a limit break :roll2), Selphie is only useful if you want to spam Rapture and The End so I can't stand cheating characters like her, and Zell is fun but I can't stand looking at his design, it burns my eyes...

FFIX: Zidane, Vivi, Freya, Steiner - My four favorite characters, I know I'm lacking some White Mage love but I just don't like Dagger or Eiko. Quina is my top choice for healing so she is occasionally thrown in to replace one of them.

FFX: Tidus, Wakka, Auron - Except for Lulu, I never felt I needed anyone else. I generally found Yuna, Rikku, and Kimarhi useless except for minor conditional circumstances. Granted, Auron is pretty useless cause Wakka is generally better but I like him so he stays.

FFXII: Balthier, Lady Ashe, Basch - My favorite characters in the game. Balthier is a Gunner/Dark Knight, Ashe is a Time Mage/ Warrior, and Basch is a Paladin.

Roogle
02-02-2009, 07:54 PM
Final Fantasy I: Fighter, Monk, White Mage, Black Mage - This appears to be the most balanced party to me.

Final Fantasy IV: Cecil, Rydia, Edward, Rosa, Yang - The game seemed much more interesting from a gameplay standpoint with this party.

Final Fantasy V: Dancer, Dancer, Dancer, Dancer - I enjoy switching everyone to the same job sometimes. Doesn't it sound fun to dance your problems away?

Final Fantasy VI: Celes, Edgar, Setzer - These are the only three characters required in the World of Ruin. Could they really do it by themselves...?

Final Fantasy VII: Cloud, Barret, Tifa - This party makes sense for most of the first part of the game.

Final Fantasy VIII: Squall, Rinoa, Irvine - This party was the most aesthetically pleasing. Shot is a fun limit break to use, too.

Final Fantasy IX: Zidane, Vivi, Steiner, Garnet - This party was the first party given to the player to control. It is probably the most balanced.

Final Fantasy X: Tidus, Yuna, Auron - This party was very balanced; however, I constantly rotated all characters in and out as needed thanks to the wonderful battle system that allowed for this. I hate having to choose parties and see the various throwaway lines that characters have because the player was allowed to choose his party members. The story suffers as a result of this.

Final Fantasy XII: Ashe, Balthier, Fran - I had rules for selecting the party. Balthier and Fran could only be in the party together. For example, you could not have Balthier in a party without Fran or Fran in a party without Balthier; therefore, I counted them as one character. Also, Penelo could not be in a party without Vaan unless there was an emergency! This led to party setups involving Ashe or Basch leading the two couples.

Darkswordofchaos
02-02-2009, 10:07 PM
Can you count iv in this i mean you dont really get to pick a party you just get every one thats availble. I guess on the GBA though at the end you can pick your party so yea dont know about ds

But i forgot one
X-2- Gun mage yuna, alchemist Rikku, Dark Knight Pain

Rocket Edge
02-02-2009, 10:10 PM
IV: Cecil, FuSoYa, Kain, Rydia, Edge (ideally)
VII: Cloud, Tifa, Vincent
VIII: Squall, Rinoa, Zell (Sometimes Irvine)
IX: Zidane, Amarant, Vivi, Garnet
X: Yuna, Auron, Wakka (Sometimes Tidus)
XII: Vaan, Basch, Ashe

I forget what it was in the others.

Vermachtnis
02-02-2009, 10:27 PM
VI - Celes, Edgar, Sabin, Relm
VII - Cloud, Yuffie, Red XIII
VIII - Squall, Rinoa, Selphie
IX - Zidane, Eiko, Vivi, Freya
X - Rikku, Auron, Wakka
X-2 - Alchemist, Lady Luck, Dark Knight
XII - Fran, Panelo, Vaan

Huh...I never realized this, but the little girl or hyper girl is always in my team.

Wolf Kanno
02-03-2009, 09:00 AM
Can you count iv in this i mean you dont really get to pick a party you just get every one thats availble. I guess on the GBA though at the end you can pick your party so yea dont know about ds

But i forgot one
X-2- Gun mage yuna, alchemist Rikku, Dark Knight Pain

Yeah, but you have so many different party configurations I feel its justifiable.

~ Kain ~
02-07-2009, 10:24 PM
I- Fighter, Fighter, White Mage, Black Mage
IV- I'm Down with the final party...Kain and Rydia are the best.
VI- Shadow, Edgar, Gau, Locke
VII- Cloud, (Aeris), Tifa, Vincent
VIII- Squall, Selphie, Irvine
IX- Zidane, Dagger, Freya, Steiner
X- Auron, Rikku, Lulu
XII- Balthier, Ashe, Basch

arcanedude34
02-17-2009, 06:40 PM
I- Fighter, Thief, White Mage, Black Mage
VI- Locke, Edgar, Sabin, Celes
VII- Cloud, Tifa/Cid, Vincent
VIII- If I played it, Squall, Irvine.... Quistis, I guess
IX- Zidane, Steiner, Freya, Garnet
X- Tidus, Auron, Yuna/Wakka
XII- Balthier, Basch, Fran

Loony BoB
02-18-2009, 02:25 PM
VII: Cloud, Tifa, Red XIII.
VIII: Squall, Rinoa, Zell.
X: Tidus, Rikku, Auron.

The other games I didn't have too much of a preference and would tend to rotate the various characters more evenly.

Dr. Acula
02-21-2009, 10:58 PM
VI: Celes, Terra, Cyan, Shadow (or Sabin instead of Shadow)
VII: Cloud, Tifa, Cid (Red XIII or Vincent are good too)
VIII: Squall, Selphie, Zell
Haven't played IX.:(
X: Yuna, Tidus, Lulu (or Rikku)
XII: Ashe, Basch, Balthier (or Fran instead of Ashe)

FFIX Choco Boy
02-22-2009, 06:42 AM
I- Monk, W.mage, B.mage, B.mage(Haste and temper Monk alond with protect, and he becomes a god, and I have actually managed to 1 shot Chaos with this party.)
IV- Cecil, Palom, Porom, Cid, Kain
V- Knight, Dragoon, B.Mage, W.Mage
VII- Cloud, Vincent, Yuffie
VIII- Squall, Rinoa, Zell
IX- Zidane, Eiko, Dagger, Amarant(Anyone order a summon sandwich?)
X- Tidus, Rikku, Yuna(Might seem to lack damage, but Rikku with Deathstrike, Stonestrike, Zombiestrike, Evade+Counter weap and Mug= godly.)
X-2 3 trainers or 3 mascots
XII- Basche, Ashe, Balthier

Lacarus
02-23-2009, 02:52 PM
Hm...

Tactics: WotL: Ramza, Orlandou, Agrias, Balthier, Folke(Black Mage)
I: Fighter, Monk, Red Mage, Black Mage
II: Firion, Maria, Guy and Ricard/Gareth
VII: Cloud, Red XIII, Cid
VIII: Zell, Squall, Rinoa
IX: Either the constellation Zidane, Vivi, Eiko, Steiner or Amarant, Quina, Dagger, Freya (Thief, Black/Blue Mage, White Mage, Knight)
X: Tidus, Kimahri, Rikku
XII: Ashe, Basch, Penelo