PDA

View Full Version : What a month!

Madame Adequate
01-31-2009, 11:35 PM
The Poll of the Day at GameFAQs highlights what a crazy month it is for us gamer types. Video Game Cheats, Reviews, FAQs, Message Boards, and More - GameFAQs (http://www.gamefaqs.com/)

F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon
Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned
Killzone 2
The Sims 3
Star Ocean: The Last Hope
Street Fighter IV
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II

All big name stuff. Outside of the last two months of the year I don't usually see more than one or two games per month that I really want. And here's February coming along with five imperative games and three which, while not to my taste, are games people rightly get excited about.

What do we do about this? And dear god what if the trend continues and November sees like 17 needed games? :( But on a serious note it's likely that some games will suffer due to market saturation. Even I don't see how I can afford all the games due this month which I want, and I'm pretty hardcore and dedicated and willing to sacrifice other things for gaming.

Yar
01-31-2009, 11:44 PM
Holy crap I forgot about Sims 3.

Tasura
02-01-2009, 02:24 AM
Looks like February is going to be easier on me then the last 4 months, and the next 2 months are going to be, I still need to get about a zillion games that came out last semester when I had no money, and there are at least 4 I want coming out in March, but for February, as far as I know, only Star Ocean: The Last Hope.

The Man
02-01-2009, 05:20 AM
I'm so glad I don't feel compelled to buy every new game that looks interesting anymore.

That said, I hope SO4 is worth it.

Dreddz
02-01-2009, 11:13 AM
SFIV is the only game in that list which is a definite buy for me. Ill see about Killzone 2.

Markus. D
02-01-2009, 12:20 PM
I'm a Tri-Ace Devotee, I'm still in awe at the epic scale that VP2 was created to represent (and how well they managed to well, make it a follow-up) and probably about 90% of RPG players, Tri-Ace and Squenix fans alike will never know that.

They're also certainly on the right track with storylines too, what with one of the more recent games: Infinite Undiscovery (Which only truly fails in the final part of the ending, and that's probably because it was what everyone wanted, the rest is Ace).

I'm backing SO4.

The gameplay is obviously going to own xD! and what with the rest, why not :D?

Karellen
02-01-2009, 01:02 PM
I'm down with Dragon Quest V. Everything else can take a long walk off a short pier.

Captain Maxx Power
02-01-2009, 01:27 PM
I primarily noticed that all of those releases are either expansions or sequels. Out of them I'm probably looking forward to F.E.A.R. 2 the most, simply because the original kicked so much ass and is one of the few games that genuinely got the chills up me.

Madame Adequate
02-01-2009, 01:53 PM
I'm looking to get Lost and Damned, Sims 3, Star Ocean 4, Dawn of War 2, and Street Fighter IV. It's crazy, I don't know which to get and which to sacrifice. I can get Lost and Damned because it's cheaper. I'll probably get DoW first, SO if I can afford it, and wait for SF and Sims to come down in price.

Dreddz
02-01-2009, 03:41 PM
Isn't Flower released this month also? If its under £10 its a first day buy for me. And I think Noby Noby Boy is being released as well. So that coupled with the GTAIV expansion means that February is looking like a solid month for downloads as well as retail releases.

Madame Adequate
02-01-2009, 03:47 PM
Oh wow, I need a PS3 so I can play Noby Noby Boy.

Also, we can't forget 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand, amirite guize? :tongue:

Croyles
02-01-2009, 07:06 PM
Just killzone 2 for me, the others dont really spark my interest.

Rase
02-01-2009, 07:22 PM
I'll be desperately trying to find cheap used copies of games from last year that I never played, while also trying to finish beating Dead Space on Hard and playing through GoW2 while continuing to play Battlefield: BC. Of that list I'll definitely give Street Fighter IV some play time some how, and I'd love to play Dawn of War II but my laptop can hardly handle the first one. Everything else is a "wait to buy it until it's cheaper" title; such is the sad life of a college student scraping by.

Shoeberto
02-01-2009, 07:52 PM
House of the Dead Overkill hits this month, as well. I'm pretty into the idea of it but I won't likely buy it. I'm trying to keep my game buying pretty limited this semester.

I wasn't really impressed by the FEAR 2 demo, tbh. I didn't play the first one a whole lot either though. Maybe in lieu of getting the sequel I'll just find a copy of the first!

Bolivar
02-02-2009, 09:45 PM
Games I know I'll be getting are Killzone 2 and The Godfather II. The Sega Genesis Ultimate Sonic collection (title?) I'll try to get a little later, and FEAR2 definately when the price goes down. I thought the demo was insane, the AI and destructability of environment really impressed me.

I'll probably get Dragon Quest V DS whenever I finish the fourth one, but that's been restricted to on the road playing and it doesn't get much of that.

The months ahead are going to be rediculous as well with Arkham Asylum, Ghostbusters, Uncharted 2, possibly God of War III (pushed back apparently to 2010), and C&C: RA3 - Ultimate Edition for the PS3. The next-gen is starting to get a little crazy (i guess it's not next-gen anymore).

Croyles
02-04-2009, 01:04 AM
Games I know I'll be getting are Killzone 2 and The Godfather II. The Sega Genesis Ultimate Sonic collection (title?) I'll try to get a little later, and FEAR2 definately when the price goes down. I thought the demo was insane, the AI and destructability of environment really impressed me.

I'll probably get Dragon Quest V DS whenever I finish the fourth one, but that's been restricted to on the road playing and it doesn't get much of that.

The months ahead are going to be rediculous as well with Arkham Asylum, Ghostbusters, Uncharted 2, possibly God of War III (pushed back apparently to 2010), and C&C: RA3 - Ultimate Edition for the PS3. The next-gen is starting to get a little crazy (i guess it's not next-gen anymore).

Sorry but I think Godfather II has just been confirmed to be pushed back
EA whacks The Godfather II release plans, delays game - Joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2009/02/03/ea-whacks-the-godfather-ii-release-plans-delays-game/)

Jowy
02-04-2009, 05:50 AM
No, Fayt. YOU are the video games. I'm gonna buy SO4 OH WAIT LOL PS3 LOL NO GAMES LOL

JKTrix
02-04-2009, 06:04 AM
I think I'm going to have to limit myself to Dragon Quest V and Street Fighter IV. Darn you, lack of income. Definitely interested in more February games.

Dreddz
02-04-2009, 11:43 AM
Noby Noby Boy is only going to be £3.50 (probably $5 everywhere else) so I don't see how anyone could pass that one up. Even if the game blows its still worth buying.

Dignified Pauper
02-04-2009, 01:02 PM
Why was Dragon Quest V not listed.

I'm excited for that and Fire Emblem. Hooray DS!

KentaRawr!
02-04-2009, 01:37 PM
When it comes to new releases, I'm holding off until I've beaten the newer games I have that I haven't beaten yet. That said, I'll probably pick up Fire Emblem: DS as soon as possible. >_>