PDA

View Full Version : Who Really wanted a Sequel to This?

Depression Moon
02-01-2009, 09:09 PM
Big Momma's House 2
The Pink Panther 2
Ms. Congeniality 2

The question here is what are some movies that you wonder why a sequel was made for it? The original movie could have been good or bad, it doesn't matter.

Jowy
02-03-2009, 07:01 AM
Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Bunny
02-03-2009, 07:16 AM
Wrong Turn 2.

Admittedly, the first five minutes are some of the best in any film but the rest of the movie sucks.

blackmage_nuke
02-03-2009, 07:51 AM
I think Ms Congeniality 1 and 2 were great!

Most Disney Movies dont seem to require sequels and the sequels usually suck.

Yar
02-03-2009, 08:00 AM
Garfield 2? Really?
The Pink Panther 2Have you seen the first one? It's actually pretty good. And, to be fair, these aren't the only Pink Panther movies. :p I have all the old ones in a DVD set.

I would agree that it doesn't need a sequel though. :greenie:

escobert
02-03-2009, 08:57 AM
Without a paddle 2.

Del Murder
02-03-2009, 06:12 PM
EoFF 2.0

Namelessfengir
02-03-2009, 07:02 PM
highlander 2

all immortals are aliens and the villain is michel ironside

highlander one three four and five are great movies each equally able to stand alone but two being a direct sequel just fails

trancekuja
02-03-2009, 08:43 PM
Fantastic four. First one - piece of crap. Second one - crappier piece of crap.

Gwawr
02-03-2009, 09:37 PM
Any of the Rockys.

charliepanayi
02-03-2009, 09:38 PM
Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants 2

LunarWeaver
02-03-2009, 09:42 PM

Yeah, I'm not fond of the Disney sequels. But I don't blame Disney for making them. Mm, money.

Tavrobel
02-03-2009, 10:44 PM
The Pink Panther 2Have you seen the first one? It's actually pretty good.

That would depend on which one in the series you consider to be first, which one you consider to be second, and which one you consider to be the 10th.

Depression Moon
02-04-2009, 12:25 AM
Garfield 2? Really?
The Pink Panther 2Have you seen the first one? It's actually pretty good. And, to be fair, these aren't the only Pink Panther movies. :p I have all the old ones in a DVD set.

I would agree that it doesn't need a sequel though. :greenie:

I saw the movie on TV before. I didn't really like it. I found it to be kind of cheesy. I thought that Fantastic Four deserved a sequel as its a well known comic bok, but I didn't find either movie to be terrible, but they could have just been done better.

I didn't understand that need for Garfield 2 either. Disney just wants to milk money from their movies that's why stories like Mulan, and Cinderella that have a clear closure were forced into a sequel.

Jowy
02-04-2009, 05:28 AM
Any of the Rockys.

You shut the hell up, Rocky IV is greater than anything you will have ever watched in your lifetime.

Breine
02-04-2009, 10:42 AM

Yeah, I'm not fond of the Disney sequels. But I don't blame Disney for making them. Mm, money.

Yup, as far as I remember the only Disney sequel I've seen and liked was the third Lion King movie.

Winter Nights
02-04-2009, 12:07 PM
The Grudge 2 and 3
The Ring 2
Saw 2-5
Scream 2 and 3

Pretty much any horror sequel. Not a big horror fan to begin with, but horror sequels are usually the worst kind of sequel.

Dreddz
02-04-2009, 12:22 PM
I just got done watching The Lost Boys II which just left me depressed. Just....why...

Any of the Rockys.

Gotta disagree with you there. Rocky II felt like a worthy sequel to Rocky. Then we had Rocky III with Mr.T which is awesome on so many levels. Then Rocky IV which had the most badass villain in the entire franchise, Drago. Ill admit that Rocky V was a load of bull, but still funny in an awful kind of way. And of course we have Rocky Balboa which closed the franchise nicely. Overall we have 5 out of 6 movies worth watching which isn't bad at all.

Gwawr
02-04-2009, 07:00 PM
I will not accept that I'm on my own with this one.

But then, I am a soft-spoken Welsh harpist. Possibly boxing movies are not my 'thing'....

I Don't Need A Name
02-04-2009, 07:48 PM
The Pink Panther 2

any film which contained some twonk attempting to impersinate (or play the same character as) the great Peter Sellers deserves to be burned.

The Ring 2
Scream 2 and 3
Originals were great. the rest were pointless

KentaRawr!
02-04-2009, 07:56 PM

Yup, as far as I remember the only Disney sequel I've seen and liked was the third Lion King movie.

There was a THIRD Lion King movie? o_o!

Unstoppable Pig
02-04-2009, 08:18 PM
There was a THIRD Lion King movie? o_o!

Yep it was Lion King 1 through Timons and Pumbas eyes and it also showed time their time before Lion King 1.

Pirates of Caribbean 2 and 3. Both are good movie but neither doesnīt ainīt good as first one. First one works fine as single story but suddenly in the sequels in needs to be expanded into epic trilogy, except it fails being epic.

Resident Evil.
Well first one sucked too but it was watchable but third one ( havent seen second one but havent heard anything good about it) was totally crap. First I thought " this canīt be too bad" but after movie I wanted to erase my memory.

Wolf Kanno
02-04-2009, 09:39 PM
Disney and generally any family film have terrible sequels with the possible exception of the Rescuer's Down Under.

I will second the Pirates of the Caribbean sequels as well as adding the Matrix since the sequels were awful. Alien Resurrection was also pretty cheesy and terrible.

akash2008
02-06-2009, 09:59 AM
I didn't really like it. I found it to be kind of cheesy. I thought that Fantastic Four deserved a sequel as its a well known comic bok, but I didn't find either movie to be terrible, but they could have just been done better.

I didn't understand that need for Garfield 2 either. Disney just wants to milk money from their movies that's why stories like Mulan, and Cinderella that have a clear

IronOcean
02-06-2009, 03:57 PM
Iron Monkey two........wow