PDA

View Full Version : Rain, rain, I love rain. =D

.:kerrod:.
02-02-2009, 05:43 AM
In my experience, the weather has a large effect on how we feel (and I don't mean 'cold' or 'hot' :p), and I was just wondering what type of weather you like best/makes you feel good :)

For me, it's rain (as you may or may not have guessed from the thread title :greenie:)...I love an overcast sky, and I love weeks of endless rain. I'd say this is probably attributed to the fact that I live in a place that is hot and sunny for most of the year (the upside to this is that our Summer brings a really great wet-season :exdee:...oh, and the occasional cyclone :laughing:). Now, while I get very sick of the Sun and heat, I can understand that some people would love nothing more than that...so what weather makes you feel good? :)

P.S. Just in case you hadn't guessed, it's currently raining here, and I'm feeling good about it :p

rubah
02-02-2009, 05:44 AM
I love a warm sunny day with low humidity and a light breeze

post-winter, where the ground is brown and muddy and it's just cold enough to be annoying and rains a lot like it happens a lot in february is grounds for SAD.

eestlinc
02-02-2009, 05:45 AM
You should move to Oregon.

I like rain too, but it gets old after a while.

Bunny
02-02-2009, 05:56 AM

I miss Oregon so much.

Rain puts me in a really good mood, regardless of whether or not it is heavy or a light drizzle. I feel very comfortable when it is foggy outside with lots of rain.

Marshall Banana
02-02-2009, 05:57 AM
Nothing makes me happier than snow. :snowman:

kikimm
02-02-2009, 05:59 AM
It depends. I do live in California, so it doesn't rain a ton, obviously, but sometimes it does go for a couple weeks. At first, I love it, it's a nice change, but by the end of that couple weeks I miss the sun.

However, regardless of how long it has been raining, I will always enjoy the sound of it raining at night. Falling asleep to it is so relaxing and nice. :)

Yar
02-02-2009, 05:59 AM
Anything that isn't overcast is okay with me. :mad: Unless it's rainshower. :p

Vermachtnis
02-02-2009, 06:09 AM
It's snowing here. Which is awesome I love snow! And rain too. Especially the smell before it rains.

I tried going to Oregon once. My wagon tipped over and Steve drowned :(

Freya
02-02-2009, 07:22 AM

I tried going to Oregon once. My wagon tipped over and Steve drowned :(

L O FUCKING L

I love the rain! :D I live somewhere where it snows lots but hardly ever rains :p

strawberryman
02-02-2009, 07:26 AM
I love rain/thunderstorms too, I don't see why people gripe about it so much.

THIS CULTURE WHICH INSISTS ON DRYNESS HAS LEFT ME IN DESPAIR.

02-02-2009, 07:33 AM
However, regardless of how long it has been raining, I will always enjoy the sound of it raining at night. Falling asleep to it is so relaxing and nice. :)

'Cos I love a rainy night, you can see it in my eyes,
I love a rainy night, yeah, it makes me smile! ♫

et cetera :p sorry, couldn't help myself

Rantz
02-02-2009, 09:30 AM
Thunderstorms with heavy rain make me hot in my pants as long as I'm staying inside. If I'm outside I like a little sun, a very slight breeze and a temperature around 20°C.

smittenkitten
02-02-2009, 10:46 AM
Well it's been snowing all morning here and it makes me happy. I just want to run out and throw snowballs at complete strangers... but it's too cold. :(

Jiro
02-02-2009, 10:46 AM
Rain is a favourite, especially the sound at night. Chilly mornings wrapped up in a blanket are also good.

02-02-2009, 12:00 PM
Well i've just come home from work drenched (due to the rain) and I barely made it home because i was driving dad's :skull::skull::skull::skull:box ute and it kept stalling and stuff :mad2: Then I drove through a massive puddle and screwed up the carborator or something, so I had to sit on the side of the road trying to get the ute to start again (I made good use of the choke though...that's right, a choke, that's how old this friggin' ute is :mad:). But ah well, I still like the ute and I still love the rain :)

Loony BoB
02-02-2009, 12:14 PM
Sun is my favourite weather. Definitely sun. Hot sun, though. Not crappy winter sun. April showers are nice, too, and snow can be nice. But sun is the bees knees of weather.

02-02-2009, 12:24 PM
Sun is my favourite weather. Definitely sun. Hot sun, though. Not crappy winter sun. April showers are nice, too, and snow can be nice. But sun is the bees knees of weather.

We should totally swap places...you live in sunny North Queensland, Australia for a while and I'll take your place in dreary Edinburgh :p (assuming that's actually where you live :|)

Loony BoB
02-02-2009, 12:39 PM
I like sun. I don't like Australia. ;)

02-02-2009, 12:44 PM
I like sun. I don't like Australia. ;)

You've made yourself a very powerful enemy. *insert glare emoticon here*

Loony BoB
02-02-2009, 01:22 PM
Weren't that powerful when NZ beat you in the cricket. 8-)

02-02-2009, 01:28 PM
:crying2: Below the belt, man.

Besides, they only won off the last ball; if they were actually a good team they would have beaten us long ago. Australia purposely lost because the citizens got sick of watching boring games where we were guaranteed an easy win. :monster:

Loony BoB
02-02-2009, 01:39 PM
Oh, fair enough. We were trying to do that in the Tri-Nations but Australia still cocked up. What gives?

ps. on topic rain sux

02-02-2009, 01:54 PM
Pfft, forget the Tri-Nations, Australia has dominated the cricketing world for decades, and the people we've lost in the past 3 years were better than your whole team combined...also, 5-0, buddy, never forget that.

And umm...there was fine weather throughout the many cricketing matches of our lifetime :shifty:

Zeromus_X
02-02-2009, 03:10 PM
I love rain and overcast days the best.