PDA

View Full Version : WEATHER!!, weather I love weather.

Freya
02-02-2009, 09:10 AM
"The weather is nice today..."
"That it is..."

How do you start conversations?

I tend to make witty comments that get people to laugh. :p

Levian
02-02-2009, 09:26 AM
I look at them with a worried face, then I point at my nose. It'll make them think they have something on their nose, and when they ask if they've got it all off, I say ". . . sure" and then they'll feel uncomfortable and insecure for the rest of the conversation thinking they have something on their nose.

smittenkitten
02-02-2009, 10:50 AM
I tend to pick a subject like about something that happend lately. The weather is usually one of them or about how the world is in chaos and everyone is skint. You know the cheerful subjects. :p

Jiro
02-02-2009, 11:02 AM
I don't start conversations, therefore I don't speak often. Apparently I'm too scary looking or something. I think it's the hair.

Seriously though, when I do start a conversation I usually have a person-specific thing to talk about, and then it kinda flows from there.

Loony BoB
02-02-2009, 11:46 AM
Work, sport, weather, games... depends on the person and whether or not I know what they like to talk about really.

Psychotic
02-02-2009, 04:26 PM
"Hey, what's going on?"
"Hey, how're you doing today?"
"Hey, what's up?"

I just like the word hey.

Vermachtnis
02-02-2009, 04:30 PM
"Whatcha doin'?"

Always starts a conversation, cause if there's one thing people like talking about: it is themselves :p

Rantz
02-02-2009, 04:42 PM
When I want to talk to somebody I sneak up to them from behind and breathe in their neck. They usually are like "huh wtf" and try to move away inconspicuously and I'm like "hey share the warmth man" and follow them. That's how long my conversations usually get.

Bunny
02-02-2009, 04:45 PM
I say something so utterly random and bizarre that the person I am trying to talk with has no choice but to comply and speak with me. Thinking about it now, that is probably why I do not talk to many people.

Rocket Edge
02-02-2009, 10:03 PM
Work, sport, weather, games... depends on the person and whether or not I know what they like to talk about really.

rubah
02-02-2009, 10:46 PM
Hey, are you done with that shovel?

Darkswordofchaos
02-02-2009, 10:47 PM
I make a coment about somthing stupid or dumb that we both saw and they laugh it goes from there im usally a pretty talkative person. In my math class in the 10th grade my teach moved me every week cause id talk to much to the person beside me i finnaly told her it dont matter if you sit me next to walls ill talk to them

Laddy
02-03-2009, 12:20 AM
Witty remarks and self-depricating humor.

Jessweeee♪
02-03-2009, 12:25 AM
I don't start conversations, therefore I don't speak often. Apparently I'm too scary looking or something. I think it's the hair.

Seriously though, when I do start a conversation I usually have a person-specific thing to talk about, and then it kinda flows from there.

Same here, minus the hair. It's probably because my neutral face is angry looking >.>

Værn
02-03-2009, 02:02 AM
I start my conversations with "Meow~" or "RAWR"

Fonzie
02-03-2009, 02:23 AM
I say something so utterly random and bizarre that the person I am trying to talk with has no choice but to comply and speak with me. Thinking about it now, that is probably why I do not talk to many people.

Yup, sounds a lot like me actually.

Goldenboko
02-03-2009, 03:00 AM
"What's up?"
"Nuthin/the_sky/GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM ME"
"Oh boring/lol/*sad face*"

Momiji
02-03-2009, 03:58 AM
Depends on who I start conversations with.

If it's someone I've never met, I'll be nervous as hell, so I'd probably mumble and stammer a lot.

If it's an acquaintance, simple small talk.

If it's someone I know well, I'd probably start a conversation by picking a topic of related interests.

If it's a close friend, I'll probably say the most bizarre stuff I can think of to raise an eyebrow.

.:kerrod:.
02-03-2009, 04:07 AM
One thing I DON'T do is steal people's thread titles and alter them slightly to pull a crowd :crying2:

Haha, but seriously, I just say 'Hey, what's up?' or something and the conversation usually stems from whatever they say is up. :tongue: And that's with anybody, really (people I don't really know, acquaintances, friends, etc.), because I might think it's somebody I don't know, but they might know me very well, so I have to act like I know them well, too :monster:

strawberryman
02-03-2009, 05:58 AM
I tend to make witty comments that get people to laugh. :p

Pretty much the same, except in most cases I'm being a smartass instead of trying to make them laugh.

Usually backfires into the latter, though.

Freya
02-03-2009, 06:02 AM
One thing I DON'T do is steal people's thread titles and alter them slightly to pull a crowd :crying2:

Two weather threads, I had to do it.

Shlup
02-03-2009, 06:38 AM
I don't have any openers. I'm not much of a conversationalist.

Leen-Leen
02-03-2009, 02:18 PM
Usually it's just been whatever has been happening lately. Or ... something completely random! like some random fact I just overheard or something. xD Sometimes the whether is a good place to start, actually. xD Or even if I'm really pressed, some weird sound effect. Like, "wachaaa!"
Lately I've been saying "So I completely failed my chem test today ..." xDD