PDA

View Full Version : Annoying Game Stuff

Laddy
02-03-2009, 12:06 AM
What stuff in games annoy you.

In Wizardry 8, you sometimes have to run away in turn-based combat.

It's not like 'hold R1 and L1 :skull::skull::skull::skull:,' it's, enemies move and attack, you move, enemies move towards you, you move away, it's endless!

So, talk away!

Jessweeee♪
02-03-2009, 12:17 AM
There's this part in Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney where you find a car mirror and a slipper in a trash can. You have to choose which one you take with you because Trucy says she only has room for one in her pocket. This is ridiculous, because you always carry eighty million pieces of evidence at a time, and some of them are really really big pieces! Well you could say they're just pictures, but I don't see why he couldn't take pictures of both items. Plus Trucy is a magician, SHE COULD FIND A WAY D:

Vermachtnis
02-03-2009, 12:25 AM
Mimics, they're mean in every game, but especially true in Rogue Galaxy. I get all excited for treasure and all then all of a sudden the battle started followed by a minute of your team mates yelling "Kisala! Kisala! Kisala!"

Moon Rabbits
02-03-2009, 12:37 AM
I hate when a game mechanic is meant to be innovative but winds up being touchy and frustrating because usually I understand what they were going for and am sad that they fucked it up.

LunarWeaver
02-03-2009, 12:40 AM
Random encounters and J-RPG's insistence that running around a town and searching every nook and cranny for items is fun instead of tedious. Of course, you don't have to do that last bit, and let me tell you it takes about one town before I can't be bothered with it anymore these days!

Long loading times are one of my biggest gripes. Especially in this day and age where I see games with huge environments and effects loading almost instantly and then games with jack :skull::skull::skull::skull: to load that take some hyperbole amount of hours. I'm an impatient bitch, I guess :jess:

Lawr
02-03-2009, 02:11 AM
Long loading times are one of my biggest gripes. Especially in this day and age where I see games with huge environments and effects loading almost instantly and then games with jack :skull::skull::skull::skull: to load that take some hyperbole amount of hours. I'm an impatient bitch, I guess :jess:

escobert
02-03-2009, 04:13 AM
Random encounters

god yes I hate these

Jowy
02-03-2009, 06:57 AM
People that are completely retarded in online games.

Markus. D
02-03-2009, 10:29 AM
Underanimated special effects (Like spells and whatever).

That said, Overanimated special effects ('Cept in Disgaea, because, that's like, one of the reasons we adore it so~~).

KentaRawr!
02-03-2009, 03:14 PM
There's this part in Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney where you find a car mirror and a slipper in a trash can. You have to choose which one you take with you because Trucy says she only has room for one in her pocket. This is ridiculous, because you always carry eighty million pieces of evidence at a time, and some of them are really really big pieces! Well you could say they're just pictures, but I don't see why he couldn't take pictures of both items. Plus Trucy is a magician, SHE COULD FIND A WAY D:

I agree entirely. Heck, we found her magic panties, can't she just put it in the pocket dimension? :mad:

Bunny
02-03-2009, 03:23 PM

Sorry. =(

Nah, I will agree with Jowy on this one. Last night on WoW, I got ganked by a level 80 Spriest in Dragonblight while doing one of those 'defender' quests. And this was after, earlier in the day, getting ganked by an 80 mage/80 paladin/72 DK combo who then proceeded to camp me. Children shouldn't be able to play online games.

Jessweeee♪
02-04-2009, 12:28 AM
Underanimated special effects (Like spells and whatever).

That said, Overanimated special effects ('Cept in Disgaea, because, that's like, one of the reasons we adore it so~~).

Freaking Sephiroth and his Supernova :mad2:

Wolf Kanno
02-04-2009, 04:59 AM
I will second "fetch quests". Its fine when its crafted well into the story but not when the game hands you a list and tells you to get to work. I also hate puzzles that require opening doors by acquiring random objects. I'm looking at you Capcom.

I also hate uber bastard villains with sob past story. Its like the writers try at the last minute to add some depth to the character cause he's been a evil villain stereotype for most of the game and then we get some drawn out flashback showing how he's just a tortured soul... I'd rather have a conflicted antagonist or an evil villain who is evil for the sake of being evil than some Two-dimensional cliche with a back story that's suppose to justify why they are better and more thought out...

My main pet peeve is the industry's continual insistence on making games so easy the only qualification to complete them is to be breathing. Not even conscious, just breathing... Its not that I want games to be uber difficult and require months of dedication to complete, rather I just wish I could earn my rewards better and actually have to think and be engaged to complete it. Some games nowaday are so easy its like saying you played a good game of football cause you watched the game last night on the television. :roll2

Having the camera be controlled by anything but the second analog stick (where it applies). This is so frustrating at times when the game feels the shoulder button or the smurfing D-pad is the place for camera controls. :mad:

Shlup
02-04-2009, 05:18 AM
RANDOM. FUCKING. BATTLES.

Jowy
02-04-2009, 05:48 AM

Sorry. =(

Nah, I will agree with Jowy on this one. Last night on WoW, I got ganked by a level 80 Spriest in Dragonblight while doing one of those 'defender' quests. And this was after, earlier in the day, getting ganked by an 80 mage/80 paladin/72 DK combo who then proceeded to camp me. Children shouldn't be able to play online games.

My original post was inspired by a quick Naxxramas pug before the reset, 5/10 competent human beings that knew how to play Our other five slots included Retardo The Paladin Wonder that drops Grobbulus poison clouds in the middle of the room five times in a row, and The Ret with 5/5 Valorous with 71 points in THE RET FOR MAXIMUM FUCKING RETTING, along with a whopping 1.7K DPS on Patchwerk.

p.s: sholazar basin is god tier of Northrend zones