PDA

View Full Version : Transformers 2

TEDDYRAY
02-03-2009, 04:55 AM
YouTube - Transformers 2 Superbowl TV Spot (HD Quality) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNTj_WPDqYM)

Been reading on the movie on the interweb for over a year now.

Anyone else ready???

Original cast is back....

Necronopticous
02-03-2009, 06:42 AM
I hope it transforms into something more entertaining than the first Transformers movie.

Bunny
02-03-2009, 07:18 AM
Michael Bay should stop making movies.

The Man
02-03-2009, 07:49 AM

Quoted for truth.

Slothy
02-03-2009, 11:56 AM
I hope it transforms into something more entertaining than the first Transformers movie.

This, though if the original cast is back and Michael Bay is directing again I wouldn't count on it.

Garland
02-03-2009, 12:59 PM
Funny, I thought the first Transformers was a pleasant surprise. Forums from New York City to the jungles of Madagascar, from Iceland to Antarctica, were all predicting one thing: something horrible would happen when Michael Bay directed Transformers. That wasn't the case, because the Transformers and Michael Bay have the same core ethos: all flash and no substance. Michael Bay does BIG. He does big explosions, big battles, and big budgets. Transformers was a match made in Heaven, and I suspect Transformers II will be the same. I won't be going to the theater expecting to be deeply moved and understand a little more about humanity. I'll be going to see giant CG robots beat the Hell out of each other for my amusement. It'll be worth my 20 dollars (with food and drinks). This kind of movie is Michael Bay's life calling. Just keep the humans out of it as much as possible, and you'll have a winner.

Loony BoB
02-03-2009, 01:25 PM
Megan Fox + Transformers? Don't care about how 'bad' the film is, so long as it's entertaining enough and has these two things then it will live up to my expectations. Anyone who expects a deep emotional storyline when watching a Transformers movie clearly never watched the cartoons or played with the toys. If you want a deep, emotional storyline, you'll have better luck with a Barbie movie.

In short, Transformers was a great movie.

Magixion
02-03-2009, 03:54 PM
Megan Fox + Transformers? Don't care about how 'bad' the film is, so long as it's entertaining enough and has these two things then it will live up to my expectations. Anyone who expects a deep emotional storyline when watching a Transformers movie clearly never watched the cartoons or played with the toys. If you want a deep, emotional storyline, you'll have better luck with a Barbie movie.

In short, Transformers was a great movie.

Agreed. I absolutely loved the first movie. Seriously, anybody who thought the first one would be moving and more than just explosions and big robots fighting, definitely should not have even been in the theater. All Transformers is about is basically big, epic battles. Michael Bay was suited perfectly for this type of movie.

edczxcvbnm
02-03-2009, 04:35 PM
I agree with the above. Transformers was never going to be a movie with a plot like Aliens or Terminator 2. As others said, Transformers is about one thing...Big ass robots beating the :skull::skull::skull::skull: out of each other on earth. I was a bit disappointed in that I was hoping for more robots and more destruction. I think I may get that wish with this movie. It certainly looks to be bigger and badder than the last =D

trancekuja
02-03-2009, 05:08 PM
I agree with above and above. I was sure that this one will be a disaster but it ended up as a refreshing casual entertainment.

Loony BoB
02-03-2009, 05:16 PM
On a sidenote, I also enjoyed The Island and thought it was a very interesting and different film. That's another one by Michael Bay. Yeah, Pearl Harbour sucked (end of an act and all that) but it's not all doom and gloom.

Flying Mullet
02-03-2009, 05:29 PM
The trailer was awesome and I look forward to the movie for all of the reasons stated above. Big, epic robot battles is where it's at! :)

Del Murder
02-03-2009, 06:08 PM
Funny, I thought the first Transformers was a pleasant surprise. Forums from New York City to the jungles of Madagascar, from Iceland to Antarctica, were all predicting one thing: something horrible would happen when Michael Bay directed Transformers. That wasn't the case, because the Transformers and Michael Bay have the same core ethos: all flash and no substance. Michael Bay does BIG. He does big explosions, big battles, and big budgets. Transformers was a match made in Heaven, and I suspect Transformers II will be the same. I won't be going to the theater expecting to be deeply moved and understand a little more about humanity. I'll be going to see giant CG robots beat the Hell out of each other for my amusement. It'll be worth my 20 dollars (with food and drinks). This kind of movie is Michael Bay's life calling. Just keep the humans out of it as much as possible, and you'll have a winner.
Haha exactly. Give me my fighting robots.

Mercen-X
02-03-2009, 06:15 PM

Quoted for truth.

This, though if the original cast is back and Michael Bay is directing again I wouldn't count on it.
I find it funny how no one cites or states grounded reasons for these comments. How could anyone not think Transformers was awesome? What the hell could it have missed? I admit, I would have liked a main character with a better name than Witwicky (not Spike, :shudder: ), but aside from that...

escobert
02-03-2009, 06:40 PM
I didn't watch the first and probably never will. I'm a huge transfromers fan and I think anything after the first REAL movie has been utter crap. they just want to milk the franchise. Season 1 and 2 and the movie are all I'll watch.

Oh and I HATE that kid who's in these movies.

Loony BoB
02-03-2009, 07:01 PM
Dude, Bert, you should watch it if only for the female in the movies. :shifty:

They even have the guy from the old cartoons doing the voice for Optimus. It is definitely full of 'changes' but if you watch it with an open mind it's quality. I still adore the old cartoons and everything, but as a standalone movie it still references the old-school stuff and keeps personalities as they should be.

escobert
02-03-2009, 07:50 PM
but Jazz dies and ironhide dies in the Cartoon movie! I can't watch my two favorite autobots die in one lifetime!

edczxcvbnm
02-03-2009, 08:01 PM
I heard Jazz is coming back this next movie. I could be completely wrong but I thought I read that somewhere.

Loony BoB
02-03-2009, 08:07 PM
Yeah, they cheat their deaths using the lifespark so I'm told.

Bunny
02-03-2009, 08:08 PM

Quoted for truth.

I find it funny how no one cites or states grounded reasons for these comments. How could anyone not think Transformers was awesome? What the hell could it have missed? I admit, I would have liked a main character with a better name than Witwicky (not Spike, :shudder: ), but aside from that...

The reason for my comment really should be obviously. Michael Bay makes bad films with subpar plots, terrible acting and even worse scripts. The cinematography, music, and even your precious explosions in the original Transformers movie all were bad and underwhelming.

Besides, Voltron was totally better than Transformers.

Miriel
02-03-2009, 08:09 PM
Shia LaBeouf? God I hate him too. He needs to gtfo of the movie business.

I thought the first film was ok. But my expectations were loooooooow. I'm not really too interested to watch another Transformer movie, and if I did, the only reason would be Megan Fox.

escobert
02-03-2009, 08:18 PM
Yeah that idiot. I can't believe he's in like every movie now. It makes me sick and he's just so damn annoying.

Dreddz
02-03-2009, 08:45 PM
People who say that Transformers is all about fighting robots need to think out of the box a little more. The first Transformers movie (the 1986 cartoon) had heart and emotive qualities as well as action. Optimus Prime dying was actually quite a moving scene in that movie. So shrugging off all those qualities is giving Michael Bay quite an easy time making these movies as he only has to think of ways to mangle pieces of scrap.

Flying Mullet
02-03-2009, 08:53 PM
The cheesy power-ballads in the animated Transformers movie killed any deeper meaning that movie could have had to me. Yeah, it was sad when Optimus died, but it was awesome when Hot Rod became Rodimus Prime and kicked Galvatron's and Unicron's ass (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzM1vBp_z6E), which is what Transformers is all about; silly Decepticons concocting some evil plot and the Autobots overcoming them in the end and kicking lots of ass along the way.

Slothy
02-04-2009, 01:26 AM
Agreed. I absolutely loved the first movie. Seriously, anybody who thought the first one would be moving and more than just explosions and big robots fighting, definitely should not have even been in the theater.

Therein lies the problem though. I wanted big flashy robot battles and a brainless plot. Instead I got a bunch of boring humans running around taking up 2 hours of screen time for no other reason than to have some semblance of a plot and about 20 minutes of robot fights with shaky camera angles that made it difficult to tell what was going on. Seriously, if I can't even tell what part of the robot I'm seeing half the time then something's wrong.

Next time Michael Bay would do well to keep in mind that the main characters should be the Transformers, not the stupid sacks of flesh they protect.

The Man
02-04-2009, 06:04 AM
Michael Bay's Rejected "The Dark Knight" Script - The Spill.com Movie Community (http://my.spill.com/profiles/blog/show?id=947994%3ABlogPost%3A355506)

sir helix
02-05-2009, 12:00 AM
Shia LaBeouf? God I hate him too. He needs to gtfo of the movie business.

I thought the first film was ok. But my expectations were loooooooow. I'm not really too interested to watch another Transformer movie, and if I did, the only reason would be Megan Fox.

shia is good for the role cause he looks like an out cast, so ha.
and megan fox was exalent to in her role.

Mercen-X
02-05-2009, 01:35 AM
I heard Jazz is coming back this next movie. I could be completely wrong but I thought I read that somewhere.
I really hope not. Nothing against Jazz, he was the damn coolest character in the whole freakin' movie, but character resurrection is a weak plot element. At least Megatron becomes a different character when he's brought back. If they brought back, Jazz, they'd have to change him too and what the hell would he be then?

The reason for my comment really should be obviously. Michael Bay makes bad films with subpar plots, terrible acting and even worse scripts. The cinematography, music, and even your precious explosions in the original Transformers movie all were bad and underwhelming.
So, what kind of experience would have been whelming or so? And, yeah... Voltron... good concept but I'd kill anyone who shouted "Voltron Force" and tried to take themself seriously.

explosions and big robots fighting

Therein lies the problem though. I wanted big flashy robot battles and a brainless plot. Instead I got a bunch of boring humans running around taking up 2 hours of screen time for no other reason than to have some semblance of a plot and about 20 minutes of robot fights with shaky camera angles that made it difficult to tell what was going on. Seriously, if I can't even tell what part of the robot I'm seeing half the time then something's wrong.

Next time Michael Bay would do well to keep in mind that the main characters should be the Transformers, not the stupid sacks of flesh they protect.Admittedly, they could have spent a lot less time showing us who Witwicky was and definitely didn't need too much exposure to the agency and that annoying guy who led it. I liked the soldier subplot though.
Anyway... Transformers battles are typically laser fights which wouldn't do for a live-action film. A semblance of plot is better than a brainless plot. Leave that to the cartoons.

Loony BoB
02-05-2009, 09:34 AM
I wonder if some people expected to see humans in Jurassic Park or Jaws. ;) Particularly in 'first' movies, you don't just throw things out there from the get-go and ignore the human viewpoint. You do it slowly, build up the excitement of seeing new Transformers one by one, that sort of thing. I'm sure in the next Transformers movie there will be a lot more viewing-time based on the robotic kind rather than the human kind, but you do have to keep in mind that this is a more realistic look at how humans would react to alien robots coming to Earth to use it as a battlefield. If you think that we'd all just sit back and only have two construction workers (or whatever, I can't remember) join a bunch of robots and then have little to no other humans get involved, you're kidding yourself. :p

Bunny
02-05-2009, 03:07 PM
So, what kind of experience would have been whelming or so? And, yeah... Voltron... good concept but I'd kill anyone who shouted "Voltron Force" and tried to take themself seriously.

I'm having a hard time taking this question seriously. Was it serious? I'm not sure. I would've probably enjoyed the movie had it not completely banked on the concept of people rallying around giant robots and terrible cgi explosions. But that's just me, I'm a little bit more difficult to reel in. A better script and acting would've been acceptable too. Some people are not built to act in action movies. Shia LaBeouf and Megan Fox, decent actors in other settings, just don't make the cut.

Also give Voltron a break, it was a product of the 80s. Transformers was just as corny.

Darkswordofchaos
02-05-2009, 07:47 PM
I really liked the first transformers movie cant wait to see the 2nd one.

Its not the old cartoon but as a movie it's self i really like it

McLovin'
02-05-2009, 08:13 PM
It's an epic movie...who cares if it doesn't have a deeper meaning or whatever.

Garland
02-05-2009, 08:39 PM
In my opinion, Transformers' two biggest flaws were:

1: Not enough screen time for the Transformers. I'd pay 20 dollars to see a two hour tech demo of cool CG Transformers beating each other up. Humans are good for movies, but I'd have been just as happy without them. I really did pay only for big battles with cool robots.

2: The Transformers were hard to distinguish in battle - so much metal. Many of the Transformers were predominantly chrome, and with all the intricate parts, battles became a bit muddy. It'd be like watching the Indianapolis 500 but with the hoods up and only seeing the engines. It's hard to distinguish individuality at high speeds when all the parts look the same. Still, much kudos to the modern Transformers design.

LunarWeaver
02-06-2009, 12:41 AM
I didn't know anything about Transformers and I couldn't tell what was what in that movie. I could identify a few of them and the rest all just blurred together.

I personally became sort of bored with the first one, but it wasn't all bad. It's a sort of "Catch it when it's on USA in the far future" type of movie for me.

sir helix
02-06-2009, 12:44 AM
biggest flaw ever in transformers?

adding in the friggen u.s government

Darkswordofchaos
02-06-2009, 12:57 AM
I wish that the auto bots would have had a little bit more screen time

Mercen-X
02-11-2009, 05:42 PM
I would've probably enjoyed the movie had it not completely banked on the concept of people rallying around giant robots and terrible cgi explosions. But that's just me, I'm a little bit more difficult to reel in. A better script and acting would've been acceptable too. Some people are not built to act in action movies. Shia LaBeouf and Megan Fox, decent actors in other settings, just don't make the cut.

Also give Voltron a break, it was a product of the 80s. Transformers was just as corny.

Sorry. No breaks for Voltron. It just makes me think of Power Rangers.

Balzac
02-11-2009, 05:57 PM
biggest flaw ever in transformers?

Letting Michael Bay direct.

Fixed.