PDA

View Full Version : Ooooooooooooohhhh!!!!

Jessweeee♪
02-04-2009, 12:16 AM
Livejournal copypasta:

Hahahaha I had a funny ride home on the bus this afternoon. I got to act really cool!

The bus is usually pretty crowded when I get on it, all of the junior high kids that ride it have already boarded, and at least half of the high school students are usually on before me, too. Because of this, I usually sit in the first empty seat I come across. This time I find a seat that looked empty, but when I got closer there was a small bag and a notebook on the window side. No big deal, I just sit on the aisle side. Then after a couple of minutes I hear something like "hey, move." It didn't register that this person was talking to me, so I just kept adjusting the volume on my music. Then the girl taps me on the shoulder and says something like "Hey, you!"

I turn to look at her and she says, "Hey, I'm sitting there."
"Are you? Whoops." I reply.
"Yes."
"Oh. So that's why your stuff was there."
"Yeah."
"Well lemme give you your stuff then..." I say as I reach over and grab her stuff.
"Oh, nononononono. You. Move."
"Well I guess I can scoot over..."
"No. Move. Now."
"Nah, I'm fine. Here, take your stuff back."
"Move, I was sitting there!"
"Well you're just :skull::skull::skull::skull: out of luck. I'm not moving." I turn towards the window like I usually do. By this point we've gotten the attention of the people around us, and they're all like "oooooooooooooh!!"
"Move!" She pushes my shoulder lightly a couple of times and occasionally tells the person next to her "Bitch stole my seat!" Her friend tells her to chill out. I put my ipod back into my bag, because if it comes to a fight I don't want it breaking while I'm kicking her ass. Somewhere in all this she eventually takes her stuff back. This is probably the only time I've felt confident I could win a fight if I had to xD

Her friend boards the bus and she says "Tell her to move!" Seeing as the only available seat is next to me where the girl's stuff was, he asks me to scoot over and I oblige. I guess he didn't hear her right. I go back to the window while she keeps asking me to move. It's not hard for me to ignore her, because I haven't been spoken to this way by someone outside of my family in years. It's easy to trick my brain into thinking she's talking to someone else. Her friend turns to me and says she doesn't really mean it, she just has problems. I tell him it's not a big deal, and it's really not, I wasn't just saying it to be "superior." She over hears me saying something, but can't really tell what it was I said I guess, and says "This girl is talking :skull::skull::skull::skull: about me!" Some guy behind me got the earlier exchange on his cellphone or something and says he's gonna post it on Youtube. I hope he doesn't because I looked very odd.

Her friend that was sitting next to me gets off on the first stop, and she moves in his place. She yells in my ear "ARE YOU GONNA MOVE?!" but this volume is nothing compared to the abuse I give my ears on a daily basis, so I'm not too rattled by it.

She grabs my ID and asks, "Are you gonna move?"

"No, this is fun, actually." And it was. Nothing interesting ever happens to me because I go out of my way to avoid any sort of conflict or inconvenience.

She makes like she's gonna throw it out the window and laughs. Everyone does the "oooooohh!!!" thing again.

"...you can if you want. I have three more. I look dumb in that one anyway." Not bluffing, you get one free ID every year, and I'm a senior now. I did look dumb in it, but it's the best looking photo I have. She throws it out the window for real this time. Everyone "ooooh!!"s again. Then she starts to act really weird. I don't know if she was trying to play it off or be menacing in a I-know-where-you-live sort of way.

"Really? You kept paying five dollars until you had three?" I figure now she's either a junior high student or a freshman. Probably the former.

"Yeah...they're free at the beginning of the year. They take your picture and then spit it out."
"They spit it out?"
"You know what I mean."
"What's your name?"
"...weren't you just holding my ID? It's Jessica."
"I didn't read it. What's your last name?"
"Torrey."
"Tori? Isn't that a first name?"
"Yeah, people poke fun at my brother a lot because his last name is a girl's first name."
"You have a brother? What grade's he in?"

She just keeps asking me about my family until we get to her stop. I didn't know WTF was up with her, but I answered all of her questions anyway. As people get off the bus they give me nice compliments that made me feel warm and fuzzy inside n.n

I got off the bus and I am not kidding, the first song to play when I put my headphones back on was Megalomaniac xD

No violence today, but I felt like I got rid of a little bit of the anger I've had pent up in me lately, and it put me in a very good mood.

Topic: Talk about a time a stranger hassled you.

Rye
02-04-2009, 12:20 AM
The bus lady went aggro on me once when I took the bus with Hux. It was so weird. She freaked out on me because I didn't understand the concept of transfer tickets. My apologies for not being so poor that I had to take the bus before college.

Rocket Edge
02-04-2009, 12:31 AM
Can't think of anything in particular but strangers hassle me the odd time, usually when they are drunk. I just always have to leave them feeling I got the better of them.

Akaria
02-04-2009, 01:41 AM
Are we counting AMLM in this? Because I have numerous PMs from him where he tries to make me feel bad about being myself, mostly because I'm a woman:D

Although, a couple days before this past Christmas, I was working and this middle aged chick asked for a WiiFit. Everyone knows how difficult those were/still are to find. I explained to her how we get them in maybe once a week or so, and when we do, we don't hold them for anyone since they'll be gone in half an hour anyway whether we hold or not. She got incredibly upset that she couldn't call in to hold, or have her name on a reservation list or anything. She began calling me names, mostly relating to how I'm an ungrateful brat that doesn't know anything about business and demanded to see my supervisor. I told her honestly that she'd rather talk to me and not him; he's not mean or anything, in fact he's quite awesome. He just refuses to tolerate crap customers in any manner. She raised her voice, saying, "No teenager is gonna tell ME who I am or am not gonna talk to!!" If every customer hadn't been watching our exchange, they definitely were now. I smiled and chuckled a bit and went to knock on the back room door. Apparently my boss had heard what was going on, and as I knocked and cracked open the door, he threw the box of defective games and systems across the room and yelled, "Who the HELL is giving you such a GOD DAMNED HARD TIME?!!" I looked back at the woman sheepishly and shrugged. "You asked for him." She stared at me with sheer terror, and quickly made her way out. A few seconds later, I heard Tim's happy-go-lucky voice from back again - "She gone yet?" "Yup, thanks Tim." "No problem. Wanna help me pick up pieces of things that are now DEFINITELY defective?"

I love my job.

LunarWeaver
02-04-2009, 01:51 AM
When I lived in the city this old guy came up to me while I was filling my car with gas, all drunk with his drunk beard and his drunk eyes, and was all, "I need a ride!" I told him no, and he got pissy with me and kept bugging me about it. I told him no politely and asked him to please leave me alone. He started doing that thing where people like stand on their tippy-toes and do spirit hands and try to imitate my voice (this happens to me a lot, bizarrely), and he was all, "Ooh, look at me, girly man can't drive!" Of course, clearly I drove to the gas station, but who expects logic from drunk people. I rushed inside quite frankly afraid of the guy. He went into the gas station and started harassing the clerk, forgetting all about me rather quickly. I was pretty scarred by the matter and suck my thumb while I sleep now.

Jessweeee♪
02-04-2009, 01:51 AM
Are we counting AMLM in this? Because I have numerous PMs from him where he tries to make me feel bad about being myself, mostly because I'm a woman:D

Although, a couple days before this past Christmas, I was working and this middle aged chick asked for a WiiFit. Everyone knows how difficult those were/still are to find. I explained to her how we get them in maybe once a week or so, and when we do, we don't hold them for anyone since they'll be gone in half an hour anyway whether we hold or not. She got incredibly upset that she couldn't call in to hold, or have her name on a reservation list or anything. She began calling me names, mostly relating to how I'm an ungrateful brat that doesn't know anything about business and demanded to see my supervisor. I told her honestly that she'd rather talk to me and not him; he's not mean or anything, in fact he's quite awesome. He just refuses to tolerate crap customers in any manner. She raised her voice, saying, "No teenager is gonna tell ME who I am or am not gonna talk to!!" If every customer hadn't been watching our exchange, they definitely were now. I smiled and chuckled a bit and went to knock on the back room door. Apparently my boss had heard what was going on, and as I knocked and cracked open the door, he threw the box of defective games and systems across the room and yelled, "Who the HELL is giving you such a GOD DAMNED HARD TIME?!!" I looked back at the woman sheepishly and shrugged. "You asked for him." She stared at me with sheer terror, and quickly made her way out. A few seconds later, I heard Tim's happy-go-lucky voice from back again - "She gone yet?" "Yup, thanks Tim." "No problem. Wanna help me pick up pieces of things that are now DEFINITELY defective?"

I love my job.

Hahaha, that's great xD

Momiji
02-04-2009, 01:52 AM

I love my job.

That was amazing.

I don't talk to strangers if they're rude, and if they continue to hassle me, I retaliate double. I have the ability to be incredibly polite and incredibly impolite simultaneously.

NeoTifa
02-04-2009, 02:27 AM
The middle school kids used to mess with me (a junior at the time) all the time. They're the real skanky, brags about how many guys shes slept with a 1 time kinda gals. They harassed me about seats, and I'd just say "if you can tell me the derivative of sin(x) then I'll give you the seat". They'd always be like "You stupid nerdy bish, I said move! You're just salty cuz you a nerd". I'd respond "No, you just salty cuz my English is better than yours and I actually have a future. Now shut up and sit over there, munchkin". The bus driver always took my back when he thought a fight was gonna break out :D

Bunny
02-04-2009, 02:56 AM
Middle school girls who brag about how many guys they've slept with?

Oh boy, I can't wait for the next generation.

Jessweeee♪
02-04-2009, 03:00 AM
Middle school girls who brag about how many guys they've slept with?

Oh boy, I can't wait for the next generation.

It gets worse.

NeoTifa
02-04-2009, 03:18 AM
Yea, my high school class was originally bigger, but 1/4 of the class were girls who got knocked up and dropped out, or Mexicans who got arrested for selling drugs in the lunch line. Ahhh, and such is the way of America.

Jessweeee♪
02-04-2009, 03:30 AM
In the lunch line?! Jeez, people here at least go across the street to the taco stand xD

Those people that run the taco stand hate us, but they don't ban teenagers because that's 90% of their customers xD

NeoTifa
02-04-2009, 03:36 AM
Yea, I see them make exchanges all the time. A big burly Mexican kid walked up to me and my friend Jeff in between classes and asked us if we wanted any coke. >_> And we aren't talking about the coca-cola, cuz we already asked him that. Lol.

Jowy
02-04-2009, 05:37 AM
Damn, I wish I went to high school where you did. We always had to jump through flaming hoops to buy some mediocre mid-grade pot for way too much money.

ON TOPIC: There used to be this crazy shirtless homeless guy that slept on the porch of the abandoned house next to Misfit and I's old apartment, I remember getting out of the car and trying to head upstairs and being locked in conversation with him for about thirty minutes about him being in some mountain Indian tribe and being a shaman and other stuff I completely ignored.

Denmark
02-04-2009, 07:17 AM
Sunday. I was in a sports bar rooting for the Cardinals in a building full of Steelers fans.

I deserved everything I got.

Jowy
02-04-2009, 03:58 PM
:skull::skull::skull::skull:, Rob. I'm surprised you're still even alive.

rubah
02-04-2009, 04:00 PM
he's not actually. The steelers fan that followed him home is posting from his account to make an example out of him.