PDA

View Full Version : Valentine's Day!? o_O

tidus_rox
02-04-2009, 10:40 PM
Okay so here's the deal. I got my first boyfriend. He's awesome! I love him to pieces, he's great, life's great, everything is greatt!!

But then again... its February. This month is cluttered with thoughts of my birthday, the start of a new semester, and another things. I have never had to think of Valentine's day, on account of I have never had a boyfriend!

And so, here I am left thinking about it, and not having a CLUE about what to get him! Guys!? Girls!?.... HELP???

Momiji
02-04-2009, 10:44 PM
Make something. Valentine's Day is a pathetic excuse to commercialize love, and it sickens me. The best gifts come from the heart, not the wallet.

Araciel
02-04-2009, 10:45 PM
A dinosaur.

Akaria
02-04-2009, 10:49 PM
A dinosaur.
This.

Darkswordofchaos
02-04-2009, 10:51 PM
get him somthing he likes:love::love::love:

Flying Mullet
02-04-2009, 10:52 PM
Make something. Valentine's Day is a pathetic excuse to commercialize love, and it sickens me. The best gifts come from the heart, not the wallet.
Exactly. My wife and I ignore Valentine's Day. We don't need some arbitrary day to say that we love each other, we already do it throughout the year through various ways.

My wife also told me that buying her chocolate on February 15th or later is highly encouraged. xD

Tavrobel
02-04-2009, 10:53 PM

Hershey and Hallmark might be onto something when chocolate is the food of choice.

My wife also told me that buying her chocolate on February 15th or later is highly encouraged. xD

Half price chocolate? Hell, yes!

Goldenboko
02-04-2009, 10:54 PM
I'm lucky enough that my girlfriend has her birthday on Valentine's Day, so my tradition of ignoring said Hallmark holiday comes in useful :monster:

Caraliz
02-04-2009, 11:01 PM

Half price chocolate? Hell, yes!
mmmm chocolate. I am definitely going to be hounding supermarkets for chocolate the day after.

editga: For v-day give him nude pictures. I'm sure nothing would make him happier.

editga2: If we take a lesson from the internet we know this is true

Rantz
02-04-2009, 11:05 PM
Give him food poisoning.

Bunny
02-04-2009, 11:08 PM
editga: For v-day give him nude pictures. I'm sure nothing would make him happier.

You give the best advice to 14-year-old boys.

Make him a half-pony, half-monkey monster. It will please him.

Marshall Banana
02-05-2009, 12:42 AM
Valentine's Day is fun!

Make chocolates or bake cupcakes for him.

Yar
02-05-2009, 01:17 AM
Guys care about Valentine's Day? I thought it was a girl-thing. :-/

Jessweeee♪
02-05-2009, 01:17 AM
If he likes cookies, bake some :</>D!

LunarWeaver
02-05-2009, 01:18 AM
If you really love him, you will buy him NBC. But do you love him, tidus_rox? Prove it, I say. Prove it.

Yar
02-05-2009, 01:19 AM
If you really love him, you will buy him NBC. But do you love him, tidus_rox? Prove it, I say. Prove it.:Eek: <3! If someone bought me NBC, I'd feel guilty and put out. :(

tidus_rox
02-05-2009, 01:47 AM
Haha! Oh man, you guys are always good for a laugh! :)
Haha oh man... I haven't laughed like that for a while.
OH! And I will have you know I am currently 16, thank you very much!! :)
Ok, so something from the heart, not the wallet. Got it, got it...
He likes... speghetti??

Shlup
02-05-2009, 01:56 AM
Ever since my husband and I started dating in high school I've always just cooked for him. The way to a guy's heart really is through his stomach you know.

Another great gift: let him know you don't think Valentine's Day is some big freakin' deal. It's a lot of pressure for a guy over something stupid if a girl's all into Valentine's Day.

Clouded Sky
02-05-2009, 04:34 AM
But do you love him, tidus_rox? Prove it, I say. Prove it.

WHAT IS LOOOVE? OH BABY DON'T HURT ME! DON'T HURT ME! NO MORE.

Psychotic
02-05-2009, 06:14 AM
Buy him a pony. Everybody wants a pony.

DK
02-05-2009, 06:23 AM
Buy him a lifesize poster of Cole Train and he will be yours forever.

Rantz
02-05-2009, 06:55 AM
He likes... speghetti??

Lifetime supply!

AwesomeGuy
02-05-2009, 08:28 AM
Get him something classy. Like a Walther.

Barring that, get him a Remington 870. No such thing as too many shotguns.

Jiro
02-05-2009, 08:43 AM
Make a cheesy card. It's simple and easy and cheap and it's still giving something.

Miriel
02-05-2009, 09:10 AM
Ever since my husband and I started dating in high school I've always just cooked for him. The way to a guy's heart really is through his stomach you know.

That's the way to my heart too!

I can't remember if the Boyfriend and I ever celebrate Valentines... I'm thinking no. Anyway, a nice meal is always a good thing for couples to share. It's good for all occasions. Birthdays, anniversaries, random Tuesday evenings.

Marshall Banana
02-05-2009, 09:24 AM
Balloons!

Leen-Leen
02-05-2009, 09:31 AM
:o Yay for Valentine's day! You should buy him candy! Sugary candy!!
While you're at it, buy me some sugary candy! Maybe some Pixie Stix?

Old Manus
02-05-2009, 10:58 AM
Dress up in oversized clothing and record yourself doing a rendition of the Wu-Tang Clan's 'Wu Tang Clan Ain't Nuthin to F' Wit'. Then shoot the camera.

Goldenboko
02-05-2009, 12:47 PM
Buy him a pony. Everybody wants a pony.

Last Valentines Day you said you'd get me a pony, what happened to that huh? :(

Loony BoB
02-05-2009, 01:09 PM
If he's a logical/practical guy, get him something he needs.
If he's the kind of guy that likes to please you, get him something that you would want him to have.
If he's the kind of guy that wants to be treated, take him out somewhere he likes but doesn't go to that often.

But really, we can't tell you what he wants. You should know him more than we do. :p Just sit and think about things he likes but doesn't get all that often or (as mentioned earlier) if he's very practical and likes to save money, get him something you know he needs but hasn't got around to getting.

cloud_doll
02-06-2009, 02:53 AM
ugh I can't stand Valentine's Day. Especiially school cuz we have singing valentines! They're humiliating.

Well, if you insist on celebrating this awful holiday, just tell him that you're going to spend the whole day together. And you can do something cute like take turns doing stuff you've never done before. That way it's relatively cheap and also something different.

Renmiri
02-06-2009, 04:17 AM
Cards are nice with chocolate added :P

Madame Adequate
02-06-2009, 04:28 AM
Well, a card is a good start! Something cute and silly. After that, just think of the sorts of things he likes, and get him something fairly small along those lines. Or get something cute and goofy, like a beanie baby of his favorite animal.

I'll save my opinions on Valentine's day for another thread.

Cyric
02-06-2009, 04:43 AM
In Japanese culture, VALENTINE'S DAY (Feb. 14) is the day that GIRLS give presents to the person they like. WHITE DAY (Mar. 14) is the day that BOYS give presents to the person they like. I personally like that idea more than having both exchange on the same day, there's a better chance of Valentine's Day actually having some meaning. I do know one thing though: There're gonna be a LOT of babies born in November this year! (Valentine's Day is on a SATURDAY)

Yar
02-06-2009, 04:47 AM
We also have Sweetest Day (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweetest_Day) in the Midwest, which is basically Valentine's Day part deux.

tidus_rox
02-07-2009, 01:20 AM
If he's the kind of guy that likes to please you, get him something that you would want him to have.
If he's the kind of guy that wants to be treated, take him out somewhere he likes but doesn't go to that often.

But really, we can't tell you what he wants. You should know him more than we do. :p Just sit and think about things he likes but doesn't get all that often or (as mentioned earlier) if he's very practical and likes to save money, get him something you know he needs but hasn't got around to getting.

Best answer. Voted by asker. :)

Zeldy
02-07-2009, 01:24 AM
I have never had a valentine.

Blue Harvest
02-07-2009, 02:47 PM
nude pictures

This or alcohol. Two presents a man will never turn down.

Comet
02-08-2009, 02:22 PM
I've said it before and I will say it again, blowjob or nothin'.

mooglebunni608
02-12-2009, 03:41 AM
Make stuff! It's so much more fun than buying things. Make him candies!

Last year I made my lover gummies and chocolate strawberries. This year I have no valentine but am having my crush sleep over and I'm making dinner and cookies :3

Denmark
02-12-2009, 03:51 AM
nude pictures

Some men will turn down alcohol. But there is something else men would never turn down. I hope you know what I'm thinking of.

Brandless Goods
02-12-2009, 06:10 AM

Best answer. Voted by asker. :)

^ Yup. This is good.

-List of possible things to buy:

-Expensive exotic chocolate from Trader Joes.

-New Videogame

-Necklace

-Nice tshirt

-Starbucks giftcard

-Movie ticket

-play/show/concert ticket

If you guys are into this kind of stuff yet . .

-Big package of trojan condoms with pink heart-covered gift wrap

-Kama Sutra for dummies from Barns and Noble or something

In my opinion the necklace is the best thing to get. You already know his style, but you dont have to choose something that'll match his color or that is just the right size and he can wear it with everything. Also it lasts forever if you don't get it at the dollar store and it'll be the one thing that he can wear every day close to his heart that represents you~ <3

Blue Harvest
02-12-2009, 10:15 AM
nude pictures

Some men will turn down alcohol. But there is something else men would never turn down. I hope you know what I'm thinking of.

Season tickets to their favourite sports team?

Caraliz
02-12-2009, 02:55 PM
Fo sheezy!

If you really want to get him something just about any guy would be happy with, it's food. Just ask him what he likes and cook for him and voila, you're all done!

Peegee
02-13-2009, 03:51 AM
Guys already know that when girls say 'it's not a big deal' it's a big deal. So you can't really do it, unless you've had a history of meaning it when you say it.

V-day is an arbitrary day, but I don't see why you can't use it as an occasion to do something special. It is on a Saturday anyway; you can probably get away with doing the same as usual, or just make a day out of it.

Monkey4Soul
02-13-2009, 05:42 AM
Get him something classy. Like a Walther.

Barring that, get him a Remington 870. No such thing as too many shotguns.

Please be specific when deciding your beloved German sidearm. Walther P99 is my recommendation.

Oh, and read this (http://www.theonion.com/content/opinion/i_wish_id_spent_valentines_day) with him (or by yourself. It's darn funny).

Momiji
02-13-2009, 06:42 AM
Oh, and read this (http://www.theonion.com/content/opinion/i_wish_id_spent_valentines_day) with him (or by yourself. It's darn funny).

I'm fairly sure that if I was drinking something, it would be coming out of my nose right now. Well played.

Iceglow
02-13-2009, 09:29 PM
Ok guys, first rule of valentines day...NEVER believe a woman when she says she doesn't want/or do anything for Valentines Day or the similar because they never mean what they say heres a true story for you:

A guy I know quite well asked his woman what she wanted to do for Valentines Day, she replied "oh nothing really, it's just commercial crap." So this guy this numb nuts idiot goes and arranges NOTHING. On Valentines Day itself, he's feeling a little worn out from working in the morning for like 6 hours and so he decides to get a KFC bucket meal to take home rather than cook. The minute he gets through the door and his girl sees this KFC bucket she goes SPARE! I'm talking like Mt. St Helens spare! He ends up wearing the ENTIRE KFC meal, Fries, Sides, Drink AND Chicken whilst she's there screaming abuse at him that it's Valentines Day and he arranged NOTHING and then has the audacity to take home KFC. He then gets cold shouldered in bed for like a month before she would even look at him again.

Take it as a good lesson from this guy, when a woman says nothing she means everything! When a woman says she isn't interested take her roses and choccies and maybe some nice jewellery and she will love you forever, take her nothing and best hope you didn't pick KFC or Pizza Hut up on the way home.

Well tomorrow I'm actually going to my girlfriend's brothers wedding hence I'm currently sitting in a hotel near Warsaw, Poland. I'm not sure what private things I can get away with and so I'm considering tomorrow night in our hotel room I will just make it very nice and special for her. However I feel the wedding will steal the limelight and we won't get much time to each other therefore we'll possibly have our own little celebration when we get home in London next week.

Psychotic
02-14-2009, 12:12 AM
A guy I know quite well asked his woman what she wanted to do for Valentines Day, she replied "oh nothing really, it's just commercial crap." So this guy this numb nuts idiot goes and arranges NOTHING. On Valentines Day itself, he's feeling a little worn out from working in the morning for like 6 hours and so he decides to get a KFC bucket meal to take home rather than cook. The minute he gets through the door and his girl sees this KFC bucket she goes SPARE! I'm talking like Mt. St Helens spare! He ends up wearing the ENTIRE KFC meal, Fries, Sides, Drink AND Chicken whilst she's there screaming abuse at him that it's Valentines Day and he arranged NOTHING and then has the audacity to take home KFC. He then gets cold shouldered in bed for like a month before she would even look at him again.He didn't dump the crazy banshee after that? She sounds like the kind of girl who would cut off your penis while you sleep.

PS: As for the way to a man's heart, tits > food. Just sayin'.

Shiny
02-15-2009, 07:04 AM
What a bitch. I would've liked some fried chicken, but I'm easy to please.

NeoCracker
02-15-2009, 07:20 AM

...I declare you my Valentines.

Though I'd probably get chicken of higher quality then KFC. I worked there once.....

Churches Chicken okay with you?

Shiny
02-15-2009, 07:43 AM
I never heard of Church's Chicken till now, but I'll take a bucket and some grape drink plz.

NeoCracker
02-15-2009, 07:51 AM
I never heard of Church's Chicken till now, but I'll take a bucket and some grape drink plz.

I've only seen one. XD

Though Popeyes works too. ^_^

Just not KFC...

Miriel
02-15-2009, 07:54 AM

Me too, except not KFC. If the boyfriend came home with KFC chicken any day of the week, I'd just stand there blinking at him with a "wtf?" expression on my face.

Del Murder
02-15-2009, 08:04 AM
What if I came home with some KFC sides?

Marshall Banana
02-15-2009, 12:25 PM
Even the original KFC makes terrible food.

Iceglow
02-15-2009, 01:24 PM
Well Psy, he really loved her like wanted to marry her loved her and so he was stupid and didn't smell the roses when we all did. Eventually he finds her cheating on him and got out of it, thankfully he didn't go all emo about it, he just kicked the other guys ass and was done about it though I haven't seen him with a new girlfriend since, probably wise...he's the kind that gets hooked on people very quickly and has trouble letting go. And no Psy, before you think of Jack you actually really don't know the guy. It's someone who I went college with.

As for the KFC thing, I am still saying this stands, sorry ladies on here but you're the cool gamer type girls for the most part, I mean you dig stuff like Final Fantasy games this girl was the kind of "trouble" girl that most guys will chase to the ends of the earth KNOWING they will get hurt and yet they'll carry on chasing. And don't deny if a guy brings you Chicken on V.Day you'd be "oh chicken :)" but if a guy comes home and whisks you out to a really expensive/good restaurant/romantic location you'd be all like "WOW I LOVES YOU! :D:D:D:D:D:D"

NeoCracker
02-15-2009, 01:26 PM
Well Psy, he really loved her like wanted to marry her loved her and so he was stupid and didn't smell the roses when we all did. Eventually he finds her cheating on him and got out of it, thankfully he didn't go all emo about it, he just kicked the other guys ass and was done about it though I haven't seen him with a new girlfriend since, probably wise...he's the kind that gets hooked on people very quickly and has trouble letting go. And no Psy, before you think of Jack you actually really don't know the guy. It's someone who I went college with.

As for the KFC thing, I am still saying this stands, sorry ladies on here but you're the cool gamer type girls for the most part, I mean you dig stuff like Final Fantasy games this girl was the kind of "trouble" girl that most guys will chase to the ends of the earth KNOWING they will get hurt and yet they'll carry on chasing. And don't deny if a guy brings you Chicken on V.Day you'd be "oh chicken :)" but if a guy comes home and whisks you out to a really expensive/good restaurant/romantic location you'd be all like "WOW I LOVES YOU! :D:D:D:D:D:D"

You know, I'd think they'd be more likely to do that if it WASN"T Valentines day, that way they could be fully sure you're not just doing it because its a holiday, but because you actually care and put in enough effort to surprise them with something unexpected instead of doing a fairly expected at during a culturally mandatory date day...

But that's just me.

Breine
02-17-2009, 12:36 PM
get him somthing he likes:love::love::love:

I couldn't agree more.

Bunny
02-17-2009, 04:07 PM
Ok guys, first rule of valentines day...NEVER believe a woman when she says she doesn't want/or do anything for Valentines Day or the similar because they never mean what they say heres a true story for you:

I don't agree with this. I do not care who the hell you are or what gender you are, if you say that you want absolutely nothing, that is what I am getting you. I am not reading between the lines and I am not going out of my way to think of something that may or may not please you when you offer me absolutely no help whatsoever. I loathe Valentine's Day. If you like it, you tell me what you want, otherwise I am not celebrating it. I have absolutely no problem getting someone a gift on the day, if they tell me what they want or give me a couple ideas about it. Otherwise, no.

I asked my girlfriend what she wanted. She said nothing. I did not get her a single thing. What I did was get drunk with my best friend and she took care of both of us and had a blast doing it (she had some drinks too). Three years, going strong because I told her that I will not read through the lines and go out of my way to please her at the beginning of our relationship.

Want to know why relationships fail? Because idiots make them too hard and tell each other what they will and will not do.