PDA

View Full Version : Urban Dictionary your town

Miriel
02-05-2009, 11:47 PM
Go to Urban Dictionary and search for your town. Or if your town is too small/obscure/not listed, nearest city. Or if that's not in there, state/county. Hell, might as well do your country if you can't find anything more specific.

Choose your favorite listed definition and post it here! Please watch out for excessive profanity though.

Los Angeles, CA: A massive tangle of highways and roads, also rumored to contain people and houses.

Jessweeee♪
02-05-2009, 11:51 PM
1. Corpus Christi

1. The body of Christ.
2. A big coastal city in Texas, home of Whataburger.
YO D00D corpus christi

2. Corpus Christi

a pimple on god's ass
corpus christi sucks ass

Also, Whataburger moved. Or is moving. Iunno.

Lawr
02-05-2009, 11:59 PM
1. Detroit

1.A city that a bunch of people talk and complain about but without ever stepping inside the city limits or even coming within 50 miles of its border.

* looks directly at all of you *

Yar
02-06-2009, 12:04 AM
Two definitions.

Findlay IS GAY!!!!!!!!!!

Lorna: Hello
Findlay: I am gay
findlay is cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hi findlay ur cool
findlay:uh hu

Del Murder
02-06-2009, 12:25 AM
Current town: Lafayette, CA

Center of stupid suburbia; maintains the stereotype of upper class idiocy

"On any given week during the summer, Lafayette city planning will allow not one, not two, but three OR MORE different construction sites to spring up, blocking all major traffic routes in and out of the town and wasting the oodles of tax money that are poured into making the town disfunctional."

Home town: Antioch, CA

City in Califonia, epitome of bay area suburbia with the hang-out highlights being Wal-Mart and a movie theater; often known as the "Yoch"

"Let's get out of the Yoch and do something fun in the city."

Rantz
02-06-2009, 12:26 AM
Sweden

A penis, derived from the map on the tails side of the 2006 euro, which has Norway removed, leaving Sweden to look like a penis and Finland the testicles.

Ooh, I just trapped my Sweden under my Finlands.

Del Murder
02-06-2009, 12:31 AM
Also, for the hell of it, here's Riverside, where my brother just moved since it's fun as hell to make fun of:

Riverside, CA

Commonly referred to as "Wiggerside" because of the all the damn tweekers that live there. It's full of illegal immigrants that can't drive and refuse to flush their used toilet paper. They speak English, but prefer not too. Also home to at least 7 rival gangs. It's not hard to spot these gang members because they are cholos with bald tattooed heads, neck, and arms, most of which wear a tattoo of a giant bell (stop laughing homez!) and socks pulled up to their eyelids. This place is also crawling with bible thumping churchies, gays, alcoholics, and bums. This is not a palce to raise children. There is at least 4 homes for sale on every block and if you do live here still, you have to lock up everything, including your gas tank and mail box. Every single place there is to hang out here has a fight break out (especially children's places).

'I wanted to date that girl, but then I found out she lives in Riverside, CA and I was like "Nah, Im straight!"'

Darkswordofchaos
02-06-2009, 12:52 AM
<TABLE id=entries><TR><TD class=word>

</TD><TD class=tools id=tools_2758081>Lol this is funny

Lancaster sc,

</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD class=text colSpan=2>A name for a teenage girl that sucks cock for bus fair and ends up walking home. They are usually on welfare and live in the projects making food for their 13 children and washing loads of laundry for their various ammounts of boyfriends that abuse them mentally and sexually. They try to reach for help, but being social outcasts restricts them from recieving the attention they are so desperately trying to obtain. Generally are fat and ugly.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Tasura
02-06-2009, 01:13 AM
Currently, Halifax, NS

HALIFAX

The most Beautiful City in Eastern Canada. Life slows down once you step off of the aircraft. Lots of friendly people who hold the door open for you. No shopping on Sunday's. Also the Bars close at 4 am!!!

Home (or as close to home as it has), Moncton, NB

Moncton

A small city in the Canadian province of New Brunswick, located in the south-east quarter.

Momiji
02-06-2009, 01:27 AM
The 2nd largest city in the state of Indiana. The demographics mainly consist of:

A. People who go to IPFW because they are too stupid to be accepted to another college. However, they think they are hot :skull::skull::skull::skull: because, hey, they're in college. Because they could not go to another University, they have extra money, and spend it on buying a car that they no doubt, probably have sex with based on the way they value it.

B. Guys think that they are cool because they where pink shirts and pop their collars because they are tools. They can be seen at Taco Bell at 1 in the morning.

C. People who run red lights, because they have to get to "college" or go to the mall to buy pink shirts and polos.

D. Girls who basically resort to becoming sperm dumpsters because they go to "college" and major in Sociology and probably work at Hooters or some sort of restaurant where they are rewarded promptly for flirting with guys in pink shirts. They also attempt to get into Pierre's underage and think they are hot because they get hit on 30 year old trashy guys.

E. The townies who frequent Pierre's or other such bars and hit on "college" girls.
"You're a guy from Fort Wayne? You probably go to IPFW, wear pink shirts and pop your collar, and run red lights. You are a douche-bag"

"You're a girl from Fort Wayne? You probably go to IPFW, major in Sociology (in which you'll never use this degree), work at Hooters, and try to get into Pierre's to get hit on by 30 year old guys. You are a sperm dumpster."

I go to IPFW, and many of the claims here are very true (for people who are NOT me), except I go there because it's like 15 minutes from where I live, not because I couldn't get accepted anywhere else. This was definitely written by someone who lives here. xD

Bunny
02-06-2009, 01:28 AM
San Diego

1. Best. City. Ever.

Captain Maxx Power
02-06-2009, 02:16 AM
Fulham:
The best football club in England. Also the area of London where a team called Chelsea play football, although their real name is A Small Team From Fulham.

I'd quote more but it gets a bit rude.

Raven Nox
02-06-2009, 02:24 AM
Fairfield, CA:

1)Fairfield, CA. the worst place to be stuck in...EVER.
2)Also known as Squarefield.
3)The mystical land of nothing to do.

Hey! I live in the hell-hole named Fairfield.

Fairfield is in smurfing California, you retard.

Fairfield is in smurfing California, you retard.

These are the only two under Fairfield that refer to my actual city, the rest are mostly Connecticut's Fairfield.

EDIT: I should also mention that the first one is very very true. Don't come here. =(

rubah
02-06-2009, 02:37 AM
There wasn't one for pottsville, russellville, or fayetteville, but there was a glowing one about Fort Smith.

Fort Smith 13 up, 2 down love ithate it

a nice city in Arkansas next to the Oklahoma borderline, a very cultural town, mixed with Hispanics, Asians, Indians, Blacks and Whites, have jobs, clubs, and a city of 83,000(about that many) the 2nd largest city in Arkansas
Let's go to the Fort! Fort Smith, Arkansas!

I left a definition for Russvegas I hope gets added 8)

Cuchulainn
02-06-2009, 02:48 AM
They really went to town with my city....It is rough though.

Belfast, Northern Ireland

1.GOOD THINGS:
1. Ulster Fries
2. Limited street crime
3. Norn Iron accents
4. Drinking culture
5. The take-no-prisoners, take no crap, black sense of humour (a unique mixture of personal abuse, sarcasm and surrealism which only Scousers & Mancs will understand. Or tolerate. Just don't take it personally)
6. Strangers joining in in your conversations
7. Mild anglophobia
8. All-pervading ugliness that drives tourists away and allows the bars to remain habitable for locals. No Oirish Bars here.

BAD THINGS:
1. Almost everyone supports Liverpool or Man united. Boo.
2. That all-pervading ugliness.
3. What the Luftwaffe and terrorism couldn't manage, the Planning Service have. The Kaliningrad-like destruction of a once-proud city.
4. Bloody stupid sectarianism, which is probably as bad as you've heard it is
5. One Of The Worst Regions In The U.K For Racism & Zero Tolerances On Non Indiginious Folk

2. Capital of " norn iron " very sectarian but it rocks. The walls of the police buildings are 20 feet high with spikes around the top and they drive around in big tanks, the peelers that is. The walls are covered in murals and the people talk their own verson of english. Very poor politiians. Is split into north, south, east and west belfast.Oh yeh and it is the natural habitat for spides and millies.

3.Belfast , city full of wonders!! beautiful archtecture such as the Antrim Road police station! Beautiful wall paintings depicting masked men with AK-47s Low crime rate , home of George Best the Titanic and the Ulster Fry. Well nuff of that :skull::skull::skull::skull::skull::skull::skull::skull:... Its basically a crap city with decent shops wall paintings and massive fucking police stations. The police cars r well cool tho , armoured land rovers , they fuckin kick ass! (Apart from the fact they now look like ice cream vans and are full of police officers of corse!) Can be good craic here although ethnic minorities are treated as outcasts. Full of spides and millys , easily spotted by big earings fake burberry and crappy tracksuits. Home of many football clubs and Ulster Rugby. Linfield and Glentoran (the two main football teams) are VERY loyalist , Ulster Rugby is mixed and trys yo promote cross community activities

yea.....we get bad press.

cloud_doll
02-06-2009, 02:59 AM
apparently I live in the lamest city on earth.

Haha I like my name.

Genie
1) To achieve enlightenment through the world's first and best vaporizing pipe, the Vaporgenie™.
2)A healthier, smokeless, sneakier way of getting your daily dose of THC

XxSephirothxX
02-06-2009, 03:30 AM
Athens, GA is a tiny college town in north eastern Georgia. Until the early 1980's the only thing it was known for was being the home of the University of Georgia and the Georgia Bulldog football team. That is until the B=52's played at a party on Milledge STreet across from the Taco Stand! Then all hell broke loose. Soon other bands like r.e.m., Pylon and love tractor (among others) decided to emerge and some of them even got famous. the rest got semi famous! R.e.m. is probably the most famous. r.e.m. are Rich too. Soon other musicians moved to Athens, clearly hoping there was something in the water to make them rich and famous rock stars too. People started to move to Athens in hopes of glimpsing, or better yet, becoming good friends with members of r.e.m. or at least sleeping with one of them which is, or was, apparently not too difficult to do. Athens is still known for a bustling music and art scene and all types of artistic expression are encouraged and supported. ARt openings are as widely attended as Frat parties, but by a completely different crowd thank goodness.. Frat and sorority members sometimes go to the bars and nightclubs where the artsy crowd goes.. but that is only to catch a glimpse of michael stipe hanging out at the bar - about which they are known to quickly text their friends...the Artsy crowd doesn't return the favor and never go to the frat bars... Athens is also home to Wuxtry records, one of the best examples of a dying breed of record store where you can still buy vinyl recordings and where the staff are all encyclopedia's of musical knowledge. The town is home to strange landmarks like The Tree That Owns Itself and The prince ave. Baptist church and a road called Nowhere Road...Athens is still a wonderful place to live and raise kids. Where, if you can find a job you can afford to live pretty well, among an intelligent liberal progressive and thinking community.
Why did you move to Athens, GA? Why don't you move to where KISS lives?

Rye
02-06-2009, 03:36 AM
I did Long Island!

Long Island

Look- everyone that is dissing Long Island is making some good points. And some crappy ones.

I'm from Syosset, in Nassau. The people here tend to be snobby rich idiots who don't care about anything besides themselves, money, sex, and when the next time they'll get drunk or high is.

What you are WRONG about-

There is not a damn sane person on Long Island that thinks we are part of New York CITY. We are New Yorkers- because we live in New York STATE. Not because we live in the city. Can you call someone from Florida a Floridian? Yep. Then you can call someone from NY a New Yorker.

And all you people that say Long Island, OR New York City is ghetto needs to get a clue. Ghetto's are extreemly poor areas that were overpopulated to an extreeme because the Nazi's forced Jewish people into them. If you think that wearing baggy clothes, speaking inchoherintly and wearing a huge cross on your neck makes you Ghetto- you make me laugh.

Oh, and why do I not find myself a tourist when I go to the City? I'm there about every other weekend, usually for two days and I spend the night. Me and my friends laugh at all the idiots who walk on the wrong side of the sidewalk and stop to point up and go "woah.. look at the giant cup of noodles! Its acutally STEAMING!" We actually saw someone 3 days ago who was looking for the Rockefeller Christmas Tree in Times Square. That was quite amusing.

Long island

Long Island consists of Nassau and Suffolk Counties, though the New York City counties of Queens and Brooklyn are also on the Island. Nassau County is the wealthiest county in New York State(not including New York County/Manhattan). It is also the 5th wealthiest county in the country. Suffolk County is known for the exclusive Hamptons beach enclaves, where many actors, actresses, NYC businessmen, etc. have summer estates. Long Island is home to the most expensive house in the United States. Long Island is part of the New York City metropolitan area(which also includes Westchester County in NY, a few northern New Jersey Counties, and Western Connecticut).

Long Island is known for its outstanding schools, many of which are nationally recognized. Long Island is known for its high quality of living, as well as being one of the most expensive places to live in the US. Fire Island National Seashore is also part of LI. Long Island is surrounded by beaches, and residents can enjoy Jones Beach, Long Beach, Point Lookout, Lido Beach, beaches in the Hamptons, Orient Point, etc. Long Island also has the lowest crime rate in the country.

North Shore communities are known for affluence, South Shore communities are known for beaches.

Long Islanders also generally have a distinct accent, usually associated with the New York City metro area.
Oh you're from Long Island? You must be rich!

Oh you're from Long Island? Please say "Long Guy Land"!

Tavrobel
02-06-2009, 03:38 AM
All of the Philadelphia ones are disturbingly positive sounding. Not enough hate, in my opinion.

Philadelphia isn't just a city that lies between the shadows of New York and Washington, it is a city where the Eagles are the topic of dinner conversation year round. It is where a meal consists of a cheesesteak, Natty light, soft pretzels,
and Tasty Kakes for dessert. It is where there is a Wawa on every corner, and you look forward to the 1st day of Spring when Rita's gives out free "wooder" ice. It is where you know it's a hoagie, not a sub and the shore, not the beach. Most importantly, where everyone is brothers and it is ok to say hello to someone you don't know if they are a birds fan. That is Philadelphia, the city of Brotherly Love... Outsiders will never understand

black people are people too

Tama2
02-06-2009, 03:42 AM
Home Town : Twentynine Palms

A place in the middle of nowhere California full of nothing but Marines, crackheads, Asians and desert rats (also known as 'Cougars,' 'Desert Yetis' and 'That ***** that gave me the clap.' Generally avoided by anyone that has any semblence of a life, and loathed by most that live there. Often subjected to high winds which will hopefully cover it in sand one day.

See also: 29 Palms

Person 1: "What the hell is that smell?"
Person 2: "That's just Twentynine Palms."

Currently Home : Middlebury

A really small town in Vermont where there's only 7,000 people and it's the biggest town in the county. Where all the hippies trip on shrooms and all the rich college kids blow aderol. Once in a while a redneck get killed in a DUI, keeping the population in check.

I wanna buy some drugs, so let's go to Middlebury.

Lawr
02-06-2009, 03:58 AM
I lol'ed the most at Tama's.

rubah
02-06-2009, 05:02 AM
oh sweet, they accepted my definition for russvegas!

Freya
02-06-2009, 05:21 AM
I did my hometown.... nothing. So I did my college town... nothing... So I just did wyoming.... and well this explains my problem finding anything.

Possibly the most ignored unpopulated state in America.

Wyoming? Where the smurf is Wyoming?

and then this one too

The state with the lowest population. Home to towering mountains and spacious plains. Populated pre-Columbus by the Shoshone, Crow, and Lakota Indians. Currently populated with cowboys, roughneck oilfield workers, Indians, and generally nice people who love the outdoors, and hate the way the rest of America lives. 90 percent of said population could probably kick your ass in half. By the by, not a favorite place for homosexuals (remember Matt Shepard?). Yes, everyone in Wyoming has a gun, and really wants to shoot something.

"I love living in Wyoming, its so beautiful and peaceful."
"Dude, its smurfing empty, no one lives there!"
"I know numb-nuts, that's what makes it nice."

True dat and yea.... not friendly to the gays. Poor matt shepard :(

KH-Cloudy
02-06-2009, 05:46 AM
1. Milpitas

A small town that serves as a speed bump between Fremont and San Jose.
A: Hey, what's the name of that tiny town in the middle of Fremont and San Jose?
B: I think it's called Milpitas.
A: Man, I hate how slow their local traffic is!

Where my brother moved to :
Berkeley

A politically progressive California city of 110,000 across the Bay from San Francisco.

Home of the Free Speech Movement, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Green Day, Counting Crows, and the University of California (Go Bears!) a.k.a. "Cal".

The elements Berkelium (Bk), Californium (Cf), and Americium (Am), among others, were discovered at U.C. Berkeley.

The cradle of the anti-Vietnam war movement (which led to Goveror Ronald Regan tear-gassing his own citizens). Early opponents to the "Patriot Act" and the Iraq war.

First city to:
-- divest (remove investments) from South Africa, accelerating the end of Apartheid.
-- covert its entire diesel fleet to biodiesel fuel.
-- enact a comprehensive smoking ban.
-- voluntarily implement city-wide school busing.
-- implement curb-side recycling.
-- install curb cuts in sidewalks for wheelchairs and bicycles.
-- prohibit the sale of ozone-destroying styrofoan fast-food cups and clam-shell containers.

Barbara Lee, the only U.S. Congressman to vote against giving Pretzeldent Bush the authority to attach Afghanistan and Iraq, represents Berkeley.

Home to the "How Berkeley Can You Be" parade each September.

"When something happens in Berkeley, it spreads."

-- Tom Bates

All in California baby.

SilverWind
02-06-2009, 06:02 AM
7. Anderson

1. a popular sirname in the United States

2. a poor city in South Carolina

3. a decaying Rust Belt city in Indiana, 37 miles NE of Indianapolis
Anderson of anything sucks

Well... I guess it's kinda decaying... :mad:

It was the only one there, anyway.

Sergeant Hartman
02-06-2009, 10:28 AM
Neath

:skull::skull::skull::skull:. Say no more, just :skull::skull::skull::skull:.
"I neathed my pants"

The Man
02-06-2009, 10:37 AM
The most boring place in the world for the young, fabulous, and broke. For anyone who doesn't live here, I'm sure that Sarasota seems like a beautiful and wonderful place to vacation. But living here sucks. Basically, this is where rich, snotty old farts come to die. And irritate the hell out of the locals.
On any given day, you can see the blond, rich, family of four that just moved here from Michigan, ruining the sunset on Siesta Key, to take a family portrait in their "Floridian" white shirts and khaki pants. Shopping is a hobby, because there is nothing else to do. And, the shopping malls, now owned by the Texas-based Westfield, are now overrun by bored-out-of-their-minds preteens with Daddy's credit cards in their hot little hands. Buisnesses that have thrived here for 30-plus years are being driven out by greedy speculators. Every other home is for sale, with no one buying them, because the real estate bubble burst. I guess millionares don't feel like purchasing a home on Siesta Key, where driving one block on Memorial Day weekend takes four hours, and you are more likely to have your homeowners insurance taken away than a dog getting fleas. Then, once you're done playing the "hunker-down" drinking game during the latest hurricane, you can go to Walmart for the sixth time this week. The best thing about Sarasota is that is easy to spot tourists. Tourists, if you're at the beach, are the ones who bring two giant coolers, a giant bag of sandcastle building tools, a huge umbrella or tent, and about ten bottles of suntan lotion. And they do this to be at the beach for an hour. Outside of Siesta, they're the ones yelling at waitresses, cashiers, and just about everyone else in the service industry. Then they drive 30 miles an hour on US-41, and call it Tamiami Trail, to go for ice cream on St. Armands circle. They take pictures of the "art" that blocks the view of Marina Jack, without realising that the boats anchored in the bay are inhabited by people whom are considered homeless. Sarasota is the most segregated county in all of Florida, and the city planners are trying desperately to push out anyone who doesn't make at least 100K a year. But then again, they are too busy designing parking lots that are only easily navigated by the secret service.
Hell's waiting room.
I should invest in a funeral home in Sarasota.lawl

and where I went to school for kicks:

A!
Had the spaniards known that it would be this bad, they would have bgone bak to Spain.
Boca raton= A bunch of people pretending to be stars and rich. Hey, I have news for them Alot of the wealthy people walking around don't need to brag and proselytize. They know they have money and therefore don't have to announce. Boca has a bunch of self entitled whining brats who grow up to be bimbos. Thank god they are concentrated in just this area- otherwise the it might be the end of Western civilization.
Guy drives up to restaurant in a re porsche. Girl( with fake boobs, lips and louis vuitton) sees him and runs out to the parking lot. Wants to have a drink with him, Has a drink , goes back to this apartment and guess what- the porsche is a leased car and he lives in a tiny room. Classic boca raton living right there!
the mouth of the rat, as coined by spaniard explorers. midsized, concrete and generally peach in color. lacking culture and proper allotment of wealth. featuring many homeless newspaper salesmen and many painfully wealthy and jaded retirees. has a kabballah center, and quite a lot of temples and churches, but no mosques. predominantly comprised of former northerners, usually new yorkers, and is one of the jewish capitals of the US. also a fair share of hispanics, i suppose. but pales in comparison to miami, of course. has many bakeries. located in southern florida near deerfield and del ray.
You could just pass through Boca Raton, we're late anyway. http://www.almost1337.com/mp3/aaron/monstersig.png

Momiji
02-06-2009, 01:27 PM
All of the Philadelphia ones are disturbingly positive sounding. Not enough hate, in my opinion.

Philadelphia isn't just a city that lies between the shadows of New York and Washington, it is a city where the Eagles are the topic of dinner conversation year round. It is where a meal consists of a cheesesteak, Natty light, soft pretzels,
and Tasty Kakes for dessert. It is where there is a Wawa on every corner, and you look forward to the 1st day of Spring when Rita's gives out free "wooder" ice. It is where you know it's a hoagie, not a sub and the shore, not the beach. Most importantly, where everyone is brothers and it is ok to say hello to someone you don't know if they are a birds fan. That is Philadelphia, the city of Brotherly Love... Outsiders will never understand

black people are people too

Took 4 pages and 28 entries to find even a remotely negative entry.

Where there are more murders than days in the year. Where the people are as friendly as a pack of jackals. Where cultural illiteracy meets a love of guns and scrapple. Philadelphia is a beautiful town of 1.5 million people who are dying to get out, literally. This gorgeous town is surrounded by suburbs full of people who love Philadelphia so much they pretend it is the best place on earth to out of towners and secretly, never, ever go downtown. Philadelphia is the birthplace of freedom - and the place that middle schools obligatorily send students too to learn about a much less violent past such as the revolutionary war. Philadelphia has a rich inventive history, for instance Electricity (Benjamin Franklin) and murdering 14 year old bicyclists (Phil from the southwest- go gangstah! GO!). Ah Philadelphia - smell the cordite, hate, and future depravity! Philadelphia, "America's Next Great City"* (out of order since 1776).
"Philadelphia, I love cheese steaks wit and double murder please"
"Rocky says we're great... what do you mean Rocky isn't real?"
"Recycling... who needs it"
"Welcome to Philadelphia, can I interest you in an order of being shot to death?"
"Philadelphia! America's Next Great City! Right after New York, Chicago, LA, San Franciso, Cleveland, Milwaukee, Oakland, Detroit, Houston, Oklahoma City, Lagos, Baghdad, Beijing, and Scotts base camp in the antarctic"
"Sauron visited Holmesburg and shat his pants"

trancekuja
02-06-2009, 02:29 PM
2. Croatia
One of the best countries in the world.Great people, great music, great women, great cities, great beaches...great

-this pretty much covers it all...

1. Croatian sex

a variation on the missionary position. The naked, erect male roughly removes her underpants and lays her on the ground or bed; quickly with his hands he places the woman's legs over man's shoulders and mounts her without foreplay. This allows the deepest penetration of all. (The man is likely to find this very stimulating, and get some good orgasms, but he needs to be respectful and considerate of his partner's needs. She may just find vaginal thrusting too painful and stimulating, and need him to back off a little if he gets too excited.)

I had Croatian sex with Mary last night,it's a very satisfying position for both partners if they are flexible enough. This morning she complained with a smile that she was sore.

Kirobaito
02-06-2009, 02:51 PM
Fort Worth

Fort worth is the craziest dopest place in Texas, if u ain't from fort worth u ain't :skull::skull::skull::skull: pimpin

Loony BoB
02-06-2009, 04:10 PM
Edinburgh

Good place, nice city and great clubs. Opposite of Glasgow.
I came back from Glasgow because the place was so bad.

The capital of Scotland that either full of English, people that want to be English of statues of English people. Only exception is August, then it's full of Japanese tourists.
Normal day in Edinburgh during August: Princes Street looks like there's a bus trip in from The Shire there's that many Japs about

It would be a nice place if it wasn't full of fuckin edinbuggers.
I went to edinburgh. It was :skull::skull::skull::skull:e. So I went back to Glasgow.

Flying Mullet
02-06-2009, 04:43 PM
Current Town: The Woodlands, TX:

HAHA..
You know you live in the woodlands when....
- you can valet park at the mall
- your dad makes more money in one week than your government teacher does in an entire year
- it isnt exciting anymore to pass a lamborghini, ferrari, or bentley on the road any given day
- at school you park between an h2 and an escalade
- you see about 500 bmws a day
- every girl, starting at the age of 12, has a coach purse
- your best friend's pregnant
- you've never shared a bathroom in your life
- the Texan cheerleaders perform at your high school pep rally
- you can talk to someone in Illinois and they assume that you must be rich
- nick lachey sings at your prom
- you have to ask permission to paint your house
- your high school is rated the snobbiest in America according to David Letterman
- if you have nothing to do you buy some beer and drive around
- one haircut can change your reputation
- myspace takes the place of homework
- lunch tables are individual and round
- you pay someone to hang your christmas lights and mow your lawn
- the maids come every other wednesday
- your parents own multiple houses
- you go to jamaica, thailand, spain, belize, or the bahamas on a regular basis
- you suck if you dont get a beach house for prom
- you go skiing every year
- your school field trips include New York and Europe
- deaths and car accidents are usual
- your school has more people in it than some colleges
- you have to schedule an updo appt 6 months in advance if you want someone decent
- the sports teams travel in charter buses
- parties have top shelf liquor
- you go to a theme party every weekend
- they build your own skating rink in the winter
- there are only 3 cheap stores in the whole mall (and that's for the people who come to The Woodlands to shop but aren't actually from The Woodlands)
- when you need a plain white tank top and go to Bebe first
- you spend $95 on a christmas gift for your friend
- girls have 2 boyfriends
- nothing stays a secret
- about half the kids go to church, and out of that half only 10% actually follow religion faithfully
- your jeans cost the same price as ur video ipod
- mums cost $200
- if you dont have confidence or money, you are nothing
- you take your car to Aqua every week and just let someone else clean it
- there's a starbucks on every corner
- they put a tommy bahama's in..since those are mostly at vacation destinations (look it up)
- Fleming's is the new TGI Fridays
- you drop a quarter and just leave it cuz you dont feel like bending over for it
- you cant find your bmw at the mall, because there are 55 others just like it
- you see at least one new person in school every day
- you have a personal trainer
- you have the vbest new cell phone before it even comes out
- they serve Chic-Fil-A, Pizza Hut, Quiznos, and Smoothie King in ur school cafeteria
- you go buy Chanel glasses for yourself as a pity gift because you're having a bad day
- your dog is treated better than your sister
- you have a fridge in your room so that you dont have to go alllllll the way downstairs when you want a cold bottle of water
- you have more than one closet
- you're 17 and have a plastic surgeon
- a cheap mall trip only costs $500
- your driveway is gated
- you get fined if your fence isn't the right color or height
- just about every decent concert tour comes to the pavilion
- a decent date consists of dinner at the Cheesecake Factory and a walk through Market Street
- you hear parents talk about what a great "family community" this place is, and you hear your 13 year old sister talking about how wasted she and her friends got the night before.
- your orthodontist drives a porsche, at least when he isn't driver his other cars
- your friends are all gorgeous
- your diamonds are real
- you hook up with someone and by second period the next day, the whole school knows
- you get judged right away when people know where you are from
- you live on a Jack Nicklaus golf course
- your parents buy you multiple cars before you buy your own
- you can screw off in high school and college and still get a badass job cause your dad is a corporate executive with connections
- your football team could kick many colleges' football teams
- there are kids at your high school who can score perfectly on the ACT and SAT
- making millions of dollars from hard work and/or connections isn't even that attractive, it's the power that motivates

Home Town: Durango, CO:

Small city in La Plata county in southwestern Colorado. Durango was a mining town, and the tourist industry keeps them alive today.
Durango, CO has the Durango & Silverton railroad for people to ride in the summer months.

escobert
02-06-2009, 05:15 PM
My town is not in there.

Krelian
02-06-2009, 11:20 PM
Frankfurt:
Strange city in Germany where wine grows on the trees (applewine).

Only european city that has some kind of skyline.

Also known for its famous sausages.
Guy 1: I live in Frankfurt.
Mr. 2: Which one? Frankfurt/Main or Frankfurt/Oder?
Guy 1: FFS YOU IDIOT! There is only one real Frankfurt->Frankfurt/Main
We should burn down this fking eastern German city that is so poor that it even can't efford an own name.

kikimm
02-06-2009, 11:24 PM
Camarillo, CA

Town in California approximately 50 miles from Los Angeles. Formerly known as the home of a mental hospital which is now a California State University campus. Quiet and safe, and excitement is a short drive away.

"Hey, you're from Camarillo? What are you, a looney?"

Heh heh

I can't believe it was even in there!

scrumpleberry
02-06-2009, 11:26 PM
I already did this a while back. It was entertaining and pretty accurate, but I still don't think my city is renowned enough. All I can say is

HAT MAN.

WAS THAT YOU?

demondude
02-06-2009, 11:38 PM
<table id="entries"><tr><td class="word">Devon </td> <td class="tools" id="tools_3069462">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>
</td> <td class="text" colspan="2"> A beautiful county in South-West England.
Among other things famous for cream teas, Dartmoor (The inspiration for Hound of the Baskervilles.) and Plymouth. One of the greenest county in England.
Don't go to Paignton or Torquay, to see real beauty visit the south-hams.
Similarly stereotyped to Wales.
</td></tr></table>

Big D
02-06-2009, 11:46 PM
My hometown's not listed, but here's my current residence:

Christchurch

The largest city in the South Island of New Zealand, once used rather frequently by housewives and grandmothers as a mild expletive being roughly equivalent to gosh or darn.

While definitely not averse to using such words as smurf and :skull::skull::skull::skull:, modern New Zealanders take great delight in reliving the stultifying drudgery of the 1950s and will often be heard to utter (at least ironically) the phrase "Oh, Christchurch!", especially when tripping up, falling over, climaxing, etc.

Sarah: I enjoy wanking you.
Mike: Oh, Christchurch! You've snapped my banjostring! I just copy/pasted it, and let the swear filter handle the profanity. Mods are welcome to intervene if they feel it's still a bit racy.

eestlinc
02-06-2009, 11:52 PM
Seattle has a bunch of lame complimentary entries. I thought this one was the most accurate:

"A place with great weather from June-September."

And I added my next home city, Fairbanks, AK, which only has one entry:

"Raddest city in Alaska! Anchorage is too big and is only good for shopping. And the rest of it..... is pretty great too but Fairbanks beats their asses hands down!"

Zeldy
02-07-2009, 12:55 AM
St Helens;

1) A small town in the North-West of England. Formerly part of the County of Lancashire, St Helens is now unfortunately part of Merseyside, although remains a quality town. St Helens is heavily criticised by their neighbouring city of Liverpool who remain bitter and obnoxious and only love their own people. Although St Helens is small, there is plenty to do and this attracts people from all over the North-West and further for the excuisite cuisine, quality nightlife and superb shopping. St Helens happens to be the Capital of the World for Glass-Making, aswell as the home of arguably the best Rugby League team in the World, St Helens RLFC. Although many (Widnesians, Warringtons and Wiganers) are quick to make negative comments about St Helens, they must ask themselves what their towns are good for; nothing. They all want to live in St Helens; the home of class.
Scouser1: "smurfen hate St Helens me Lird!"
Scouser2: "Ahh yeah me to mateee!"
Scouser1: "smurfen WOOLS! Doin' anyt'n tonight mate?"
Scouser2: "Goin St Helens mate."
Scouser1: "Yeah me too mate."

2) A small town in the North West, which has an consistant increase of chavs in the population. These scum tend to go schools like Cowley and De La Salle, and love to wear cheap jewelery from Argos, such as sovereigns and silver chains. St Helens is also the second worst place in the UK for underage pregnancies. Almost everyoe is related too, other than Christopher Moorst. There many celebrities at St Helens, such as Johnny Wellyman and Joey Bogroll.

3) st.Helens may be one of the biggest :skull::skull::skull::skull: holes in england holding the highest, incest, stabbing, murder rate, but ask yourselves wot is your towns claim 2 fame. At least our glass has the class and our rugby team is one of the best eva. You wish you lived here. You havent lived unless youve bin st.helens.

tidus_rox
02-07-2009, 01:25 AM
Windsor, Ontario.

N. Detroit's Canadian twin city which is the most dope ass town in Canada hands down.

On weekends the hottest and most scandalous babes from Michigan, Ohio and Indiana make the pilgrimige to Windsor to get destroyed and spread their legs because the drinking age is lower and the beer is stronger. Windsor is often looked down upon by Toronto's upper class snob society and Toronto gangster wanna bees because they know deep down they aren't hard enough for Detroit City. But in reality Windsor has the second highest income in the country next to Ottawa and has madd amounts of sexy Italian girls. Not only does it have a pimped out millionaire drive from lake St Clair to Walkerville but it is relatively safe and attractive. From Windsor you are less than a mile from Tiger Stadium, Comerica Park, the Joe Louis Arena, and the Fox theater. Living in Windsor is like living in a big city but without the left wingers, hippies and the limpwrist metrosexuals you get in Toronto.

eestlinc
02-07-2009, 01:44 AM
Being close to Detroit is not a good thing, although I guess it gives you the right to complain about Detroit, being within the 50 mile radius. having been to Windsor, all I remember is bingo halls.

Blue Harvest
02-07-2009, 01:11 PM
Chipping Norton is not what the tourist notices say, they think "Chippy" is a picturesque town in the midlands...BOLLOCKS! Chippy is no better than an open top bus tour through Basra!!! Except for in Basra you dont get glassed!! Thursday night in "Chippy" is fight night!! Human beings should be warned DONT GO HERE!! enough said!

Numbnuts1: Fancy a drink in Chipping Norton?
Numbnuts2: What? and have a free glass to the head every pint?!?! Fuckin no!

Wrong wrong wrong. Every night is fight night :tongue:

Croyles
02-07-2009, 09:23 PM
"Heidelberg

a small town in germany which kicks ass"

Although its not a small town, its a medium/small sized city lol

I Don't Need A Name
02-07-2009, 09:30 PM
Grimsby:
A town in North East Lincolnshire. Does NOT smell of fish in the slightest, although don't go near the fishing docks without a gas mask.

Infested with chavs, also full of attention-seeking fucking emos.

The town is split up into main 'estates', there's usually fights between the estates, which people usually don't turn up to, as most fights are all mouth and headlocks.
Dickhead #1: I iz frm nunsthorpe n i wil kik da :skull::skull::skull::skull: out ov u
Dickhead #2: ye rite m8, i iz from yarborough n i wil kik da :skull::skull::skull::skull: out ov u
Normal Person: Fucking morons, i can't wait until i get out of :skull::skull::skull::skull:ty grimsby.

kinda sums it up really

NeoCracker
02-07-2009, 09:42 PM
I couldn't find Idaho Falls, so I went with my hometown of Rigby.

And all I can say is, WTF? Its not appropriate. Its an action

And now for the State of IDaho.
1. Idaho 363 up, 140 down love ithate it

One of the best conducted hoaxes in history. Idaho does not exist, nor does anyone "from Idaho" exist. It is suspected Idaho is a black hole.

Idaho is, in actuality, the final resting place of the B-52's. When their career began to decline, they left for Idaho and never returned.
My grandma's poodle was sucked into the gaping void of Idaho while she was visiting Montana.
by AngryAmishMafia May 19, 2004 share this add comment
2. idaho 130 up, 75 down love ithate it

The land of forests and very clean cities where half of the citizens have never even seen a potato farm. Land where Napolean Dynamite was filmed and we're proud of it! It kicks ass, but you never really learn to appreicate it until you move to some crappy town like Spokane.
IDAHO KICKS ASS and only an Idahoan could understand.
by IheartZags Mar 2, 2005 share this add comment
3. Idaho 72 up, 31 down love ithate it

Used to be: Lousy roads, clean air, clean water, farmers, loggers, back to the earth folks. Nice.

Now: Lousy roads with tons of traffic and traffic jams, one of the nine deadliest highways in the country (Highway 95). Home to greedy developers, road-ragers, and skyrocketing property values (forcing minimum-wage locals and (mostly old, so what does it matter?) people who've lived here forever out). Overly promoted by the greedy, can't-get-enough money tourist industry. Home to the Hagamonstrosity. Sheesh. Took 30 minutes to go 8 miles from Sagle to Sandpoint last week, an hour to get home from Coeur d'Alene (30 miles). Go someplace else. GO HOME!!!! PLEASE!!!!!
Idaho - it's just like everywhere else but with worse roads!

Ouch!
02-07-2009, 09:47 PM
3. Barrington

An upper-class town outside of Chicago, IL where the average cost of a home is 700,000 dollars. A beautiful Northwest suburb with about 20,000 people. You will find plenty of banks and starbucks in the downtown area and plenty of high schoolers driving new BMW's, Range Rovers, or Mercedes.
"Dude you live in Barrington?"
"yea"
"Dude, you're rich!"

5. Barrington

pronounced Baaarrrrriiinnnnggggtttttooooonnnnnnn, a bunch of rich pricks who are stuck up there own asshole to give a fuck about one another.
barrington people are bitches

Dynast-Kid
02-07-2009, 09:56 PM
Brentwood is an affluent suburb of Nashville, Tennessee.
According to Wikipedia:
(As of 2007) "The median home price in Brentwood is $523,477. The median household income in Brentwood is $130,580."
Brentwood parents often send their children to the better private schools in the Middle Tennessee area (ie Battle Ground Academy, Brentwood Academy, Harpeth Hall, St. Cecelia's Academy, Montgomery Bell Academy, Father Ryan High school, and Franklin Road Academy). However, Brentwood High school and Ravenwood High school are two of the best public schools in Tennessee. Teenagers typically not only have their own car by 15 or 16, but in quite a few cases, their own expensive/luxury car. It is not uncommon to see many - if not all - girls wearing designer clothing and carrying designer bags (especially Coach, Louis Vuitton, Dooney and Bourke, Juicy Couture etc). Depending on trends, most younger teens are seen wearing Hollister, Abercrombie, or American Eagle apparel. Ralph Lauren and Lacoste polos are a popular name brand among all Brentwood residents. Brentwood was the first place I heard someone coin the term "prosti-tot" - for all the young ( <17-18 aged) girls who dress promiscuously while parading around the few "teen hang outs" in the Brentwood/Coolsprings area. Prosti-tots are apparently jail-bait and present potential trouble for 18+ aged boys who fail to realize they're hitting on a 14 year-old with just too much make-up and cleavage.
The party scene in Brentwood is not so great unless you're one who always enjoys going to X's house party while the parents are away (or in some cases, while the parents are present) to drink yourself to oblivion only to do the same the following weekend or whenever. In a hasty generalization of the younger crowd (and I do not excuse myself in this negative stereotype): we (teens/college students) are all just a bunch of spoiled and bored people. I still love living here, though. Haha.

Surprisingly accurate. haha!

...please don't come stalk me.

Zeromus_X
02-07-2009, 10:40 PM
1. Phoenix, AZ

The second worse place to live in America. Full of people who think they are better than everyone and who flee their hometowns for greener (drier) pastures.
Phoenix, AZ is for *******.

2. Phoenix, Az

Baddest Place Eva Built!
Where They Teach All *******
How To Smoke!
Come To Phoenix, Az Youll
Leave Bein A PotHead!

Profanity censored out.

Well, despite all that...I still like living here.

Laddy
02-07-2009, 10:44 PM
Memphis is a ghetto, 93% black part of Tennessee, that has the highest crime rate in the nation. More homocides, rapes, theft, & kidnappings happen in areas such as the Mall of Memphis, & Orange Mound than anywhere else in the United States. Memphis is the city where "Crunk" was first used. It is the most populated city in Tennessee, & the only one that votes democrat. There are many attractions to visit such as Mud Island, Graceland, Beale Street, The Memphis Zoo, the Memphis in May Festival, & the National Civil Rights Museum, but it is recommended you bring mace, because you are likely to get shot by a Blood, Vice Lord, or Crip member, because all three operate their southern gang heaquarters in Memphis.

daggertrepe
02-07-2009, 10:58 PM
Pittsburgh, PA

1. An unpretentious city that can be both stifling and inspiring, lively and deadly, hip and stuck in the past - a big village with it's own sort of Yinzer charm!

2. A vast, lively city that is never the same twice. It looks like your typical mild-mannered, politically correct city, but the area's residents know that it is far more. Truly uplifting people, amazing turnouts for sporting events, lots of beer, Pennsylvania's largest concentration of Gothic Lolitas, a wonderful indie music scene, and some great colleges.

Also, there is so much water. Three rivers meet at an area Pittsburghers have come to call The Point, and there's a cool fountain and picnic area there. Pittsburgh is also notorious for flooding.

Finally, Pittsburgh's weather is off-the-wall. It's May as I'm writing this, and we had snow two weeks ago, warm-ish rain last week, and this week we're expecting it to be cold. Still.
Going on vacation? Come to Pittsburgh. You may have to stay in Monroeville because there aren't any hotels in the city, but look on the bright side--it's only a twenty-minute ride from any of our suburbs to the city itself...!

3. A city in western pennsylvania that loves its sports especially the steelers. Surprisingly beautiful with warm frendly people.

4. greatest city on the planet full of old fat guys who like to drink pabst blue ribbon and watch the stillers. if you dont like pittsburgh, you fucking suck.
pittsburgh is where people go to get drunk and pass out in the cold, hence i would give my right nut to never leave.

5. a very cool place to live near
even if the suburbs of pittsburgh are boring, theres always something to do in the city

6. One of America's great cities; a place with authentic neighborhoods, characterful people, interesting architecture, stunning vistas, a keen sense of history, and a uniqe ability to reinvent itself in a changing economy while maintaing the best of its past. Certainly one of the most beautiful cities in the country, it is without a peer in cities of similar size or, in many cases, much larger cities. A truly special place where people feel comfortable to relax, be who they really are, have good conversation, meet strange people, and generally enjoy a balanced way of life.
Pittsburgh is one of America's great cities.

7. A pretty place with coal and steel and rivers.
Pittsburgh was the coolest place to go when we were young and bored and single.

Sergeant Hartman
02-07-2009, 11:06 PM
HAT MAN.

WAS THAT YOU?
:Eek:

Brennan
02-08-2009, 05:06 PM
1. LOUISIANA
I'm from LOUISIANA.
We're as deep south as they come and we have the funniest accent you've ever heard, but you love it.
We shouldnt even qualify as the south because when you come here, you enter another country. When you ask for a coke we ask "what kind?" and its not a sub or a hoagie, its a po-boy. Our beaches are contaminated and there are 8 different pronunciations of the word "water." Its New Orleans not "New Orleeens" and we use north and south to tell directions, not left and right. No one knows how to use a blinker, and you can't make a left turn anywhere in the city. We love our LSU tigers although there are still some Tulane fans, and Skip Bertman will ALWAYS be our baseball coach, no matter if he's dead or alive. We shoot firecrackers when they say "the rockets red glare" in the National Anthem and the Saints will always be our team (even when they win the super bowl...we'll complain about how long it took). I don't care where you live, you can't beat our seafood (especially the crawfish) and nothing is good without a little tony cacheries on it. I'm from LOUISIANA and no matter if our schools are failing, our politics are dirty, and our biggest city is underwater, there AIN'T no place like home!

2. Louisiana
a poor ass state that i am proud to call home.home of the LSU tigers and the TULANE greenwave. no other state is like us. we are second in the amount of tourist draw (those dame hawians are first)and in my opinion we are the most cultural state in the union.
Louisiana kicks the ass of any state.

Both great examples, but I really also like

4. Louisiana
Where it occurred to me that the finest Hooters in the country are all located in College towns south of the Mason Dixon Line.
Best Hooters in the world Baton Rouge Louisiana, Worst Hooter in the World New York City.

Sorry New York.

Spiffing Cheese
02-08-2009, 06:47 PM
Pontypridd, Wales, UK

"A town in South Wales 30 mins from the Capital Cardiff home town of Ton Jones, Stereophonics,lost profits and some dude from the clash neither of which has been back since becoing famous apart Tom who done a gig for his 63nd birthday in the local park which cost £35 a ticket there's nothing in Ponty but shoe shops and pubs so its not suprising it s got high umemployment and the locals got nothing else better to do but get pissed up drunked up and scrap most of the problems are caused by valley commando's who live in the surounding valleys around ponty the term given to this is the commandos are out on tour they normanly be found out on tour either its Giro day or just been down AKA just got out of prison most commonly the HMP parc in bridgend or USK for the ones under 18 if your unlucky enough to end up in a pub in ponty on the weekend remember keep bank notes well hidden do not make any eye contact with anyone u might get met with ar eu looking at me but and get your face filled you may spot the CCTV system through out ponty and might be fooled into thinking the police respsoned incidents they see typically the police will watch it from the comfort of their police control room and turn up after if your a girl drinking in ponty dont drink pnts dont put your drinks down otherwise u end up date rape and they send pciture back to yor home address of it p's beware of the road driver are commonly drunk, stoned or stole the car or just dont have a licence in the first place
Im off to pontypridd i'd better get my conbat outfit on and sharpen and oil my flick knife

pontypridd is known locally as the warzone"

Ahahahahahaha. So true.

The fact that everything's misspelled and there are no full stops says a lot. :D

Balzac
02-08-2009, 08:35 PM
Home city.

1. <b>lancaster</b>.
Lancaster is a wonderful, friendly historic town in Lancashire, England. It's worth noting that Lancashire is named after Lancaster, and that Lancaster was an ancient kingdom. If you've heard of The War Of The Roses, well, the Kingdom of Lancaster was part of that.
People in Lancaster are nice and tolerant, and this is said to be due to the fact that the town had maintained a large catholic population despite the English Protestant reformation, so it had ~500 years of "multiculturalism". This said though, Lancaster was recently named the city with the least amount of non-whites in the UK, with less than 1% of its population being non-white. Racism does not seem to be an issue though.
Overall, Lancaster seems to be a place where people are relatively affluent and well-educated. That said, as with most English towns and cities, it has its share "townies" and hipsters. The townies and hipsters seem to have an enmity between them, but are still civil to each other.
Oh, and as for soaping the fountain just prior to the 21st of August 2005, we did that! A kid I knew who came from Morecambe poured a couple of 1L bottles from Wilko's into the fountain and it was a blast! Hilarious! Sooo funny!
Everyone there seemed to have fun that afternoon; you should've thrown someone in!
And last but not least, I should mention I had nothing to do with soaping the fountain today!
Lancaster, England is one funky town!

The city I live in now.

2. <b>Preston</b>.
Newest City in England, Next biggest northwest city after Manchester and Liverpool. The university's new spaceage student union, won best student union in England!

Don't bother going shopping there u won't get out alive!

2 of liberty X went to college in Leyland
Pestonions are great!

PNE rules (for a 1st division team)

Preston Accent: farmerish + manc + scouse, not as annoying as manc or scouse though.

It should be noted that Kenny Baker (aka R2D2) lives in Preston.

Shoeberto
02-08-2009, 08:55 PM
Some interesting Ohio ones:

Ohio

I used to think that this state was propably the most suckish, boring state EVER.
I think a lot differently now.
Here are a few things about this Awesome state.

HISTORRRYYY
This was one of the first states of the Northeast, Established in 1803. The three main cities are Columbus, the capitol, Cleveland, and Cinncinati.
The Wright Brothers were raised in Ohio.
So were eight of America's presidents.
Aaand the first man to walk on the moon.
Akron was the first town to use police cars.
Cleveland was the first fully electric powered city.
Also the first state to use traffic lights.
And many many other things that I can't remember.

TIPS, HINT, AND INFO FOR ANY TOURIST...

1; STAY. AWAY. FROM. SPRINGFEILD. TOWNSHIP. This is basically the cespoo of Ohio. Unless you are crazy, like everyone else that lives in that weird place :D

2; ..I suggest dont go to Toledo.

3; If you have the courage to yell, 'I LOVE MICHIGAN' in a public area...You. Will. Be. Eaten. Alive. Unless you're in Toledo.

4; When you hear someone yell, 'O-H', you yell 'I-O'. Dont ask questions. Just do it.

5; Don't. Diss. OSU. You will also be eaten alive for that also. Again, unless you're in Toledo

6; In response to number one, stay away from Ellet too.

7; Our weather is crap and very unpredictable. Deal with it. I suggest bringing snowboots in the middle of summer and shorts in the dead of winter.

8; Only we can diss our state. If you diss it, we'll agree with you for that second, then again, eat you alive.

9; There's a 3/4 chance you will be eaten alive.

So, that's only 1/4 of the stuff in Ohio. Come here to figure out the rest for yourself :D
But...Try not to be eaten alive...
I don't really partake in the rampant OSU pride, but I learned from a young age that you don't go against OSU fans. Ever.

ohio

the most american place in america. its typical mid-america. full of really typical cities, a bunch of colleges, malls and even more typical suburbs. its kinda part of the midwest, but not really. ohio is bitter enemies with michigan, probably because michigan hicks have really awesome accents. the drivers and weather is no worse that where i usially live (chicago semi-suburbs)

all in all, ohio is everything in america jammed together, and its really beautiful.
The last line is kind of sappy but it's pretty true. In a day's drive you can go from backwoods farming communities to suburban developments to some gigantic economic centers.

Don't believe this one, though:

1. Do not mispronounce our state name. It's "Ahia" or "Ohiuh" or "Ahio" or "Uh-hi-uh" or some variation of the forementioned (or sometimes, in the southeast, just plain "'hia"). It is NOT "Oh-high-oh". Just... no. This is the easiest way to tell if someone's from out of state.
Only hicks and old people don't say "oh-high-oh."

8. We think it's hilarious when you struggle to pronounce names like Tuscarawas, Wapakoneta, Cuyahoga, etc.
9. Yeah, we have a town called Hicksville. Get over it. Delaware is a city and a county, and Lima (pronounced LIE-ma) and Miami are in Ohio.
lawl, so sad but true

Everything Urban Dictionary says about the weather is true, also.

Jowy
02-09-2009, 07:48 AM
Pittsburgh blows and I hate it.

Erie, PA:

The mistake by the lake. The snow capital of the world. Where schools never cancel classes and no one is surprised if the temp changes from 100 degrees to negative 20 in 4 hours. The adults are all either really sheltered or mega whacked out. Kids start drinking, smoking, and :skull::skull::skull::skull::skull:ing in elementary school. And you can find a bag of pot easier than you can spot a car. You might live in the city but have 3 farms in a mile radius. Nick Scott is a known hated monopolist. If you go to college, you are probably either a science or communications major. If you once went to college, chances are you did drugs or drank every day, all day, for years, and still do. The millcreek mall and the dollar theater were the coolest places to hang growing up, and the penninsula was so awesome with its nasty :skull::skull::skull::skull: infested water. If you ever want to see the most messed up city in all the world, come here. <i>Erie, PA received 10 feet of snow today and nothing closed down except the plowing companies. </i>

The Booze Capital of the USA. I swear, turn in any direction and spit and you will hit a tavern or beer distributor. There is always a Roman Catholic Church across the street for a bar and a convenience store.
The city council is know for blowing tax money on stupid-ass ideas, like the Bayfront Convention Center or the Maritime Museum. Also known for a lot of snow in the winter.
<i>I feel like getting piss drunk on 25 cent drafts ... hey, let's go to Erie, Pennsylvania! </i>

North Apollo, PA is insignificant and not on Urban Dictionary.

Peegee
02-09-2009, 10:08 PM
These are pretty accurate!

Markham

The name of a suburban town just north of the city of Toronto, Canada. A really drab place where absolutely nothing happens, most of the people are ignorant, and bad drivers.

A boring ass town with nothing to do. North of Toronto, it's as boring as the time I watched Glitter on TV. Theres nothing to do. The closest thing to excitement is wasting your weekend to drop off your kids at a soccer game you know they won't win.

fire_of_avalon
02-10-2009, 08:49 PM
I didn't find one for my town, but I found one for the college where all the rich baptist my-daddy-owns-a-megachurch bitches from out of town go.

Mars Hill College 3 thumbs up
Mars Hill College - A private college located in the blue ridge mountains of North Carolina. The small baptist college either brings in A) Athletes B) Weird baptists or C) Even weirder townies. The best parties at the college are found at the house of any athlete (lacrosse, baseball, or cross-country). The college is about 20 miles from the crunchy liberal town of Asheville where flocks of Mars Hill students can be found either boozing at bars or dancing to music at the Orange Peel.
The Cross-Country team consistently wins conference titles, and the women's soccer team is consistently the greatest, and best looking "sorority" on campus. Student's at Mars Hill should never plan on having too much fun, or an inbred cop just may write you a citation for a law you never even realized you could break.

Bitch don't be talkin about my townies.

Also, here's Asheville.

1. Asheville 63 up, 17 down
The best city in Western North Carolina. It is totally different from any city in the South. Hippies and Rednecks come together to make this city what it is. It is also known as A-Ville or Ca$hville.
Hey man want to go to the drum circle in downtown Asheville?

2. Asheville 53 up, 11 down
The biggest city in Western North Carolina. Asheville is home to some of the most liberal people in the South. Despite having a reputation for poor drivers, homosexuals, and potheads, Asheville is a really cultured place. If you can look past the Biltmore House, Asheville has a lot of very cultural things to do that can change the way you think. A djimbe drum circle meets every Friday in downtown Asheville at Pritchard Park, until it gets too cold. Downtown Asheville is the best part of the city, with many locally owned shops and restaurants lining the streets. Local musicians are plentiful, regularly showcasing their talents to the passerby. Asheville has some of the most diverse music and musicians in the region. Tourists frequent the city for the beautiful scenery, the Biltmore House, and to experience the culture that is Asheville. I wouldn't want to live in Asheville for long, but it is worth spending some time there.
Ever been to Asheville, Fred?
No Jim. What is it like?
It was cold and quaint, but the music was great!

3. Asheville 55 up, 99 down
A place where homosexuals hang out.
Asheville, NC is one of the largest homosexual capitals in the south.

4. Asheville 17 up, 78 down
A redneck town in North Carolina with the education and culture of "Smallville".
I'm sorry, sir, but you can't buy alcohol on Sunday mornings in Asheville.
-Why not?
Family val... I mean, state law.

LunarWeaver
02-10-2009, 10:19 PM
My town is too small to exist on the Internet, so I did the closest thing that is in there:

Lafayette

Posibly the :skull::skull::skull::skull:tiest city in Indiana. Filled with homophobic kids who are ignorant to everything except their small trailers, lack of money, and poor lives.

Wow, that guy is a total Douche. He must be from Lafayette

Moon Rabbits
02-11-2009, 03:36 AM
The "Steel City" of Canada located in southern, Ontario. Hamiton's poulation is approx. 500,000 people. Hamilton is split in two between the downton core and the more suburban mountain. The mountain is actually the 300 foot Niagara Escarpment.

Some areas of Hamilton are nice like Westdale and McMaster University, Hess Street, Dundas and the Dundas Valley, and Ancaster. However, the north end of Hamilton is vile and horrific.

The north end is home to two of Canada's largest steel works (Stelco and Dofasco). The revolting brown, crumbling mass of factories, slag heaps, and smog turns the image of Hamilton into a city that is a :skull::skull::skull::skull:hole that isn't fit for human habitation.

Hamiltonians also have an inferiority complex next to its larger neighbour, Toronto. However, Hamitonians know that by risking higher rates of cancer, deformed children, and the awful eggy-smell due to the steel works, the rent and quality of life is great.

He likes to have sex with furry animals, he must be from Hamilton.

Criminals from Toronto are exiled to Hamilton.

Motorist passing on the QEW: "speed up, this place stinks like eggy farts."

smurf you, I'm from Hamilton and I think it's great you bloody snob.
by Dundasian Feb 6, 2005 share this add comment

I live downtown, so I am sandwiched between a huge escarpment to the south and huge disgusting factories to the north. This entry doesn't mention anything about the east-end ... which is disgusting and run down and full of homeless and crazy people and "gangsters" and some real gangsters. Sort of like the north end and central Hamilton >_>

Dundas also isn't a nice part of Hamilton like this entry says. It's this creepy little valley town where everyone knows everyone. Before it became part of Hamilton it was on David Letterman for having the highest teen pregnancy and alcohol purchases per capita in Canada.

The town of Ancaster is full of rich snobs who do cocaine all day.

My city is a winner :D

Jiro
02-11-2009, 03:50 AM
The best smurfin' country in the world, Australia, is also the only place where Christ could never have been born, as in Australia, you cannot find 3 wisemen and a virgin.
Ozzy! Ozzy! Ozzy! Oi! Oi! Oi!

Ozzy! = Australia!

officially the greatest country in the world, and yes we can wear that title because we`re all the way down here so what the hell are you gonna do about it!?
yep australia is godzone

Australia is a country situated in between the Indian and Pacific Ocean in the Southern Hemisphere. Australia is the 6th largest country by land in the world, with a range of different climates from Dry deserts to Rainforests to Grasslands to Mountains. Australia was previously inhabited by Aboriginies Aboriginals [correct term would be nice] and Torres Strait Islanders before it was overtaken by the British and made a colony. Most of Australia's Population live in Large Cities on it's coast, but is proud of it's small country towns and their culture. Officially voted the 3rd best Country in the world overall by the United Nations (after Sweden and Norway) Australia is just a great place.
"I live in Australia"

At least it's good to know Australia isn't completely full of arrogant people :D
Although they could at least try to spell properly, gloating doesn't quite work when you can't spell.

Madame Adequate
02-11-2009, 04:45 AM
You can just LOOK at this: Urban Dictionary: leicester (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=leicester)

That is not your random moron with an Internet connection. That is actually the caliber of people who live in this city. Actually they're significantly more literate than the usual slack-jawed troglodytes in this place. Here is my definition of the place, which I feel is far more apt.

Leicester.

A city in the English Midlands. The unique population is largely made up of chavs, wannabe gangsters, people who say "innit", more chavs, probably drinking a 50p, 3 litre bottle of White Lightning. MP Kieth Vaz is famous for being a completely useless twazzock with wank instead of brain.

Blue Harvest
02-11-2009, 11:27 AM
MILF has inspired me to write my own definition for my town too.

Chipping Norton

A small town in the region of Oxford. Formed several hundred years ago as a market town, today 'Chippy' is best known for being a town of vandals, alcoholics, townies, and underage parents. Although the market still exists (arbeit on wednesdays only) nobody with any self respect would buy anything from it apart from cheap greetings cards. Chippy's only saving grace is the huge amount of pubs all situated within walking distance of each other, making for some epic late night (and early afternoon) pub crawls, although this is directly responsible for the large amount of alcoholic townies, and probably all the underage parents too. My advice is to just stay as far away from here as possible, especially at night, unless you enjoy drunk townies beating the :skull::skull::skull::skull: out of you for so much as looking in their direction. If you must pass through here, stick to the back roads and avoid the town centre at all costs.

fire_of_avalon
02-11-2009, 09:03 PM
Also, PS Stu, you cannot have the Wright bros. Y'all shunned 'em and we embraced their kooky asses.

Leeza
02-12-2009, 05:23 AM
Whoa! First, I surprised that my town is even mentioned. Second, it's scary how accurate the definitions are. :)

1. Port Alberni
***Non racist definition****
A small forest industry dependent town on Vancouver island. Full of welfare bums, drunks, gold diggers and goat fucking hicks. The people who do live there that have any form of alternative mentality that doesn't involve church, welfare checks, beer, or logging are bored completely out of their skulls. most of these people have been duped into living there somehow and have had so much of their livelihood sucked out of their skulls that escape is now impossible. the suicide rate is directly proportionate to the unemployment rate, which is directly proportionate the average between the illiteracy and drug/alcohol dependency rates.

<i>Ron moved to Port Alberni. He has shot himself because of the massive amount of debt incurred from living there. </i>

2. Port Alberni
A depressed little city, constantly being financially hit because of it's dependency on a resource based economy. Many inhabitants (especially political figures, both past and present) have their heads buried so far up their asses, it's a wonder that any daylight ever reaches their eyes. A nice place to visit, but be damned glad if you can leave. This city is infested with lazy welfare sucking river chimps (see definition in Urban Dictionary)

<i>I lived in Port Alberni once, but got the fuck out as soon as I realized it was going nowhere, and that the river chimp population was increasing at too great a rate. </i>

3. Port Alberni
A :skull::skull::skull::skull:-hole , that smells like a garbage dump.

<i>I'd rather live on skid row than live in port alberni </i>

hhr1dluv
02-12-2009, 06:07 AM
RYE!!! You are from Long Island! This forum just hit too close to home.
I don't feel like I'm making sense...I had a "late" wednesday night.
Anyway, here's a place close to me...It might have already been mentioned if people are from eastern long island:

" Westhampton 3 up, 1 down love ithate it

A rich part of the Hamptons. Everyone who goes there to spend the summers have very nice cars including BMW GMC Mercedes Audi Porshe Lambro's and many other nice cars. It is not a surprize if a child gets a mercedes for their 16 birthday. The kids there live the lives we all wish we could. They ride around in their golfcarts picking up friends at a young age of 13, the police dont car because the children are "privledged" It is not a surprize to see a group of girls riding their $300 bikes to the beach. If you are a somebody in Westhampton you have to belong to belong to their prestigious Country Club. The teenagers that come during the summer know how to party the right way. Most of the locals dont have alot of money it is only the summer people that have alot. Pink ralph lauren polos with white shorts arent very uncommon among the teenagers. Boys were vinyard vines shorts with polos. Dont be suprized if your a local and you get a dirty look from one who has a summer house their.
Girl 1: I dont feel like riding my $500 bike to the beach today.
Girl 2. My daddys chauffer could bring us!
Girl 3: Or I could drive us to the beach in my Mercedes!

Girl 1: After we go to the beach we should go play golf or tennis at Westhampton Country Club! "

Soooo untrue.

EDIT:
I really like the ginormous Cookie Monster that appears on page two. And the people who fill out these urban dictionary things need to learn how to write, yo.

Crystal_Clear
02-12-2009, 06:49 AM
Also, for the hell of it, here's Riverside, where my brother just moved since it's fun as hell to make fun of:

Riverside, CA

Commonly referred to as "Wiggerside" because of the all the damn tweekers that live there. It's full of illegal immigrants that can't drive and refuse to flush their used toilet paper. They speak English, but prefer not too. Also home to at least 7 rival gangs. It's not hard to spot these gang members because they are cholos with bald tattooed heads, neck, and arms, most of which wear a tattoo of a giant bell (stop laughing homez!) and socks pulled up to their eyelids. This place is also crawling with bible thumping churchies, gays, alcoholics, and bums. This is not a palce to raise children. There is at least 4 homes for sale on every block and if you do live here still, you have to lock up everything, including your gas tank and mail box. Every single place there is to hang out here has a fight break out (especially children's places).

'I wanted to date that girl, but then I found out she lives in Riverside, CA and I was like "Nah, Im straight!"'
hey, CA buddies!

ok guess not riverside. close enough 3:

Modesto, California

A city in the central valley of California. Specifically, nor cal. Not the best to live, but definitely not the worst place to live either. The houses are too expensive, and the air pollution ranks among the worst in the nation. The population is generally diverse in this city of 200,000. Gained notoriety from the laci peterson case that occurred here. Also within the district of Gary Condit. Hometown of the famous director George Lucas. Has a decent nightlife scene in downtown. The local music scene is also very much alive. The word hella is used here often. Modesto is close to many popular destinations.

"Modesto is hella better than Fresno."

Quindiana Jones
02-12-2009, 10:37 PM
Sweden

A penis, derived from the map on the tails side of the 2006 euro, which has Norway removed, leaving Sweden to look like a penis and Finland the testicles.

Ooh, I just trapped my Sweden under my Finlands.

I'm glad I'm not the only person who noticed this. :D

1. Somerset

noun (Sum-ehr-seht): The best county in England and the origin of cider and the word grrt (meaning great or large). Never should the word be used to describe cock, seeing as the people are the possibly the best people on the planet, bar Jamaicans.

Going to Somerset? They do good home-brewed cider, if that tempts you?

YES.

Shoeberto
02-12-2009, 11:27 PM
Also, PS Stu, you cannot have the Wright bros. Y'all shunned 'em and we embraced their kooky asses.
Lies! I've been to their bike shop. It was like one ballin'-ass party 24/7. Everyone was drunk, high and getting laid, especially in the homemade wind tunnel. Ohio loves the Wrights!

rubah
02-12-2009, 11:30 PM
how about Ohio takes Orville and NC takes Wilbur?

tomothy
02-13-2009, 12:58 AM
1. Melbourne 802 up, 74 down love ithate it

Melbourne; home, epicentre, ground-zero and dead-end of Australia's 'national' sport, Australian Rules "Football" for twenty odd weeks of the year. (nb. Aussie rules is actually quite popular in Adelaide, Australia's second-largest underground town, and also in Perth, where the only alternative is professional drink-driving.)

Fortunately, Melbourne also has the highest-grade quality heroin available in the free world, rendering even the most soul-sucking, mind numbing AFL season relatively ease to cope with.

Melbourne's heroin quality is second only to the quality of it's water.

Caraliz
02-13-2009, 02:38 AM
Roselle, IL

Urban Dictionary: 630 (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=630)

lol.

An area code belonging to the western Chicago suburbs refered to by residents as "the dirty six-thirty". Towns included in the 630 include:
Addison
Argonne
Aurora
Bartlett
Batavia
Bensenville
Big Rock
Bloomingdale
Bolingbrook
Bristol
Burr Ridge
Carol Stream
Clarendon Hills
Darien
Downers Grove
Elburn
Elmhurst
Eola
Geneva
Glen Ellyn
Glendale Heights
Hanover Park
Hinsdale
Itasca
Kaneville
Keeneyville
La Fox
Lemont
Lily Lake
Lisle
Lombard
Maple Park
Medinah
Montgomery
Mooseheart
Naperville
North Aurora
Oak Brook
Oakbrook Terrace
Ontarioville
Oswego
Plano
Roselle
Saint Charles
Streamwood
Sugar Grove
Villa Park
Virgil
Warrenville
Wasco
Wayne
West Chicago
Westmont
Wheaton
Willowbrook
Winfield
Wood Dale
Woodridge
Yorkville

The 630 is the former home to most of Chicago's celebrities, including The Hush Sound, some of Wilco, John and Jim Belushi, Plain White T's, Will & Grace's Sean Hayes, and many local broadcast personalities

The 331 overlay area code Takes place in October, 2007, and will mix in with the 630.

Someone from the 630 is different to the eye than the other Chicago area codes: they are often dressed better, as the 630 has the highest per-capita income in the Chicago region. There is also a high percentage of teenagers in the 630 who consider themselves to be "punk", "emo", "indie" or "goth". 630's are also very strong Chicagoan wannabe's. They also consider themselves to be an extended part of the city, and tend to tell people they are from Chicago, especially in towns close to the city such as Villa Park, Lombard, Elmhurst, Addison and Oak Brook.

Downtime in the 630 usually includes joyriding, various school activities, shows/concerts, the wonderful Chicago-style food, excellent shopping, and taking the train. Most transportation is via the Metra train system, usually east into Chicago. Most of 630 east of Wheaton is layed out on a grid similar to the city of Chicago.

Wolf Kanno
02-13-2009, 09:13 AM
Regretfully, Urban had nothing but nice things to say about my hometown which I was surprised to be mentioned since it tends to get swallowed up in the Metro area. The closest major city went on about some obscure incedent where a no-name DJ held a concert and apparently pissed off our local gang and had his concert ruined. The DJ apparently wrote a song about it but I neither recognize his name or even remember such an indecent ever being mentioned... Overall, it wasn't very funny or amusing or even truthful. Here is my interpretation.

Lakewood: A former hot spot for the upper middle class and preppy wannabe rich assholes who settled in, back in the days of Jimmy Carter. They have all moved to Cherry Creek where they proceeded to annoy the rest of the City by having a Mall built in the middle of one of the cities major streets. We have the worst cops in the state. I feel since their district starts with L and A they like to fancy themselves as being like the LAPD except they don't have the balls to pull a gun on you or beat you for not cooperating. Instead they are just pricks to everyone and everything. Seriously, if you get pulled over, you will get a ticket from them, they will find something to give you a ticket for.

We have the best Community colleges and the worst High schools. Most teens lie about which High school they came from. We also have the slum part of Colfax, which is where one would go for drugs, prostitution, and Casa Bonita. Yes, Casa Bonita exists. Yes, its exactly how Cartman describes it in South Park. Everyone in the state has been there but everyone denies it as well. We have two types of drivers in this city. Agreesive pricks in SUV's who don't know how to turn and people who consistently drive 15 miles under the smurfing speed limit so not to be run over by the SUVs. Turn signals are completely optional. Traffic lights and general rules of the road regarding "right of way" are seen as more like a helpful suggestion rather than being enforced.