PDA

View Full Version : behemoth devour question

silverjunky
02-06-2009, 08:13 PM
Hey im doing a prefect run through of this game (ie all cards all best magic, perfect stats).
im in disc 4, and have the cc group on the ragnarok, now my three main characters are all 255 max stat except for magic.
now i know i can do some rare card modding to get mag-ups, but its a very long process, but i have never used devour before but i know behemoths give magic +1 when u devour them, unfortunatly i have already completed the deep sea research facility and gotten Eden and her devour command, what i didnt realise was that once you have defeated Ultima weapon down there all encouters disappear from the deep sea research facility.
what i wanna ask is, does anyone know a RELIABLE place to encounter behemoths so i can devour them?
i know they appear around esthar but they are fairly rare, same for in ultimecias castle.
does anyone have any advice or should i just suck it up and run around Esthar?

rubah
02-06-2009, 08:37 PM
Just run around in Esthar. You can do a lot of other good stuff there, collecting malboro tentacles if you still need some, carding awesome encounters, and using the Angelo Search trick on turtapods.

TheSpoonyBard
02-06-2009, 09:09 PM
The most efficient method for raising magic is item refining, and you won't even have to leave the menu screen.

100 Hypno Crown -> 10 Royal Crown -> 1 Mag Up

You'll need quite a bit of gil, but that's easy to come by. Once you have Tonberry, buy Tents and Cottages, refine them into Mega Potions, and sell for profit.

Jessweeee♪
02-07-2009, 06:47 PM
Hahaha, Devour is like, my favorite attack ever xD

I laughed so much the first time I used it.

Comet
02-08-2009, 02:24 PM

I died the first time I used it.

Big D
02-14-2009, 10:33 AM

I died the first time I used it.Did you devour a Malboro or something?

It was years before I learned there were permanent effects to devouring monsters, namely the stat gains. I thought it just restored or damaged health and status for the duration of the fight...