PDA

View Full Version : Persona 1 Remake

Auragaea
02-06-2009, 09:35 PM
Some info from the official Atlus website, plus a trailer:

Official Site: ペルソナ公式サイト (http://persona.atlusnet.jp/)
Trailer: PSP版『ペルソナ』PVを先行公開 - ファミ通.com (http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1221862_1124.html)

- All the original FMVs will be remade by Kamikaze Douga, and there will be many brand new FMVs as well to enhance the storytelling.

- Shoji Meguro will be arranging all the original BGM and the vocal tracks will feature Yumi Kawamura, the vocalist for the Persona 3 tracks.

- The interface has been fully revamped to take advantage of the full widescreen view for the benefit of all users.

- Both the original scenario and the Snow Queen scenario will contain additional dungeon floors not found in the original. The new dungeon elements will also contain tricky puzzles and extra content for the player to unravel.

- The game has been fully rebalanced to enhance the playing experience from the original version. The encounter rate and dungeon designs have been tweaked as well. There will also be multiple difficulty settings to more player choice.

- Battle animations can now be skipped entirely, and the battle load times have been decreased to 2/3 the rate of the original game.

- There will be many more save points available throughout the game, and for portable fans the game will also feature a quicksave feature.

- A beautiful 2D town map has been created for the game to bring it up to the standard of the rest of the series.

Laddy
02-06-2009, 10:55 PM
Bring it here or Atlus dies.

Jessweeee♪
02-06-2009, 10:58 PM
Oh cool. I just got into the Persona series recently and I am very interested in playing this game o:

Wolf Kanno
02-06-2009, 11:00 PM
Bring it here or Atlus dies.

I second this threat. ;)

Zeromus_X
02-06-2009, 11:27 PM
Very nice. The supposedly poor localization was what made me avoid the first one in the series, so hopefully this remake will do it justice.

Ryth
02-07-2009, 03:42 AM
If this comes to the US, I'll pretty much find myself forced to buy a PSP.

Tasura
02-07-2009, 07:15 AM
If this comes to the US, I'll pretty much find myself forced to buy a PSP.

I second this statement =/.

The Man
02-07-2009, 07:28 AM
Yeah, Atlus needs to get with the program when it comes to U.S. releases in general. One of these days I'll arse myself with the entire SMT series.

Karellen
02-07-2009, 08:41 AM
Atlus needs to get with the program? They localize more obscure Japanese games then any other company I can think of.

The Man
02-07-2009, 08:54 AM
They localise a lot of titles but they don't do a particularly good job of marketing them. The SMT franchise is probably the third-most-popular RPG series in Japan, but here, most people have never heard of it. Not to mention the limited release of DS2, which is bollocks for anyone who isn't able to order within the limited time they're available.

Karellen
02-07-2009, 08:58 AM
Shin Megami Tensei is one of those franchises that's just so Japanese that it only really appeals to hardcore JRPG and anime fans. Combined with the fact that most of them are hard as nails, I doubt it will ever get anything more then a minor following here.

The Man
02-07-2009, 09:05 AM
SE did a pretty good job of localising DQVIII, which is another notoriously difficult series which is extremely Japanese, and had quite a bit of international success with it. Then again, it's not as difficult as earlier entries in the series and it's balanced out by pretty graphics. Point taken.

crono_logical
02-07-2009, 10:40 AM
Why couldn't this have been on the PS2 as well? :{

Jiro
02-07-2009, 01:02 PM
This might just be the game to make me have to get a PSP. I've been holding off to save my limited money, but if Australia sees this, I will probably get it.

Wolf Kanno
02-07-2009, 09:44 PM
SE did a pretty good job of localising DQVIII, which is another notoriously difficult series which is extremely Japanese, and had quite a bit of international success with it. Then again, it's not as difficult as earlier entries in the series and it's balanced out by pretty graphics. Point taken.

DQ was a very popular series back in the NES, it would probably still have a strong following if Enix didn't release DQIV at the same time of the SNES' debut and had they decided not to bring the series outside of Japan during the 16-bit era cause they fell into the whole "Gaijin don't like nor understand RPGs" nonsense. :roll2

Atlus has been pretty much releasing every MegaTen title that's been produced since Nocturne. As Karellen says, I feel its less mainstream than DQ or FF and thus advertising by normal means is futile. Atlus has been doing very well using the "word of mouth" method. Disgaea and Persona 3 have both been Dark Horse hits. It also keeps with its "underground" cred in the fan circles. ;)

Jessweeee♪
02-07-2009, 11:34 PM
Shin Megami Tensei is one of those franchises that's just so Japanese that it only really appeals to hardcore JRPG and anime fans. Combined with the fact that most of them are hard as nails, I doubt it will ever get anything more then a minor following here.

I never had to go around and level everyone up before fighting the first boss until I started with this series xD

Wolf Kanno
02-25-2009, 09:28 AM
I just got an email from Atlus (I signed up to get newsletter and advertisements) and this one was about Persona 1. It mentioned "we would see an old familiar face in the Fall"

So I'm guessing a U.S. release is official though it wasn't too shocking. Now I just need a PSP...

Slothy
02-25-2009, 09:03 PM
What's this? An RPG I've regretted not getting when it was originally released is being remade?

I'm there.

Fynn
02-25-2009, 09:09 PM
I just hope they don't mess up the localization again. That made the original unbearable...

Elly
02-25-2009, 10:16 PM
i got an E-Mail from ATLUS yesterday saying they were in fact bringing it to the US...
the E-mail they sent follows:

"PERSONA ョ FOR PSPョ (PlayStationョPortable)

Yes, it's coming. Yes, it's fully remastered. And no, it wasn't leaked first. In the weeks to come, we'll share more about what's new in this full restoration of the original Revelations: Persona. In the meantime, we can say that that which was not carried over the first time around is restored. The game is fully rebalanced, visually enhanced, and completely relocalized. This Fall, an old chapter begins anew. "

i recieved the e-mail from signing up to the ATLUS Faithful newsletter...

Jessweeee♪
02-25-2009, 10:40 PM
WOO!