PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or... (FFX)

Bloopie
02-07-2009, 10:16 PM
Is it hard to load your last saved game before you defeat Sin, and run around completing all the quests and goals you haven't yet, when you already knows what happens after Sin is gone?

There's a bunch of stuff I didn't yet get to do that I would like to but knowing what happens with some of the characters, it's like it is too sad to go on playing with them... a little like looking at pictures of someone after a tough break-up or loss....

I think it's just that since I know the fate of the characters, it feels pointless to achieve any goals with them.

Anyone else feel this way or am I a demented nerd?

pixie_fayth
03-04-2009, 07:34 AM
I always end up getting emotionally invested in the characters and so this happens all the time for me - I usually come back way after I've beaten it (w/o getting all the sidequests etc.) and do all the extra stuff when I'm not so miserable about it. ahaha.

qwertysaur
03-04-2009, 02:34 PM
Play another game and replay FF X once you forget what happened :p

FFIX Choco Boy
03-04-2009, 07:05 PM
I actually find it harder not to do the extras and stuff, because it makes me feel incomplete and some of the extra things provide good backstory or show a different part of a character's attitude.

Saber
03-04-2009, 07:17 PM
I always become extra nice to characters when I know something bad happens to them. It depends though if they were liked or not. Sometimes I am so glad to get rid of Extras in FF1-6 just cause I didn't like 'em.

Roogle
03-04-2009, 10:21 PM
I consider sidequests and side stories as a part of a storyline canon unless stated otherwise. So, even if I know that the ultimate fate of the characters is dismal, I think it is worth the effort to see the entirety of the story with regards to sidequests and side stories even if they are missed the first time. They are reminscent of "Deleted Scenes" on a DVD for a movie to me.