PDA

View Full Version : This is what we call win, children (Dead Rising 2)

Madame Adequate
02-10-2009, 01:02 AM
Dead Rising 2: It's Real And It's Spectacular (http://kotaku.com/5149650/dead-rising-2-its-real-and-its-spectacular)

Hell. Yes. It's been fairly obvious for awhile now, but since that video broke recently it was either the most professionally made hoax ever or fact that Dead Rising 2 is on the way.

Vegas? Dirtbikes? Zombies? Hard to top. I assume Frank West will be covering wars outbreaks throughout.

Let's discuss what we hope for and what we expect! I want multiplayer, more options for customizing difficulty (Can I have zombies who only die through headshots and decapitation, pleaaaasseee?), and a more open-ended freeform world.

Multiplayer survival mode would be beyond valid.

Psychotic
02-10-2009, 01:03 AM
Oh god yes multiplayer would give me the biggest erection physically possible. I'd play psychopath (I do anyway when I play Dead Rising actually) and find people working together to build barricades, smash them down with a dirt bike then fuck them up.

Madame Adequate
02-10-2009, 01:05 AM
Oh yeah, you know that if there is multiplayer, the only people who will see Psy, DK, and MILF for about four years will be Psy, DK, and MILF.

Psychotic
02-10-2009, 01:06 AM
Dan actually does not like Dead Rising because of the bastard convicts. They wouldn't be so bad if they didn't respawn.

But can you imagine Vegas psychopaths? Psycho Elvis Impersonators? Fuck and yes.

DK
02-10-2009, 01:17 AM
Yeah the convicts did my head in. However, your initial assumption was still entirely correct because if DR2 does indeed have multiplayer I will be purchasing it and I will be wasting my time with you two trolling survivors, zombies and anybody else that is unfortunate enough to encounter our band of bastards.

Psychotic
02-10-2009, 01:19 AM
I've thought of the best game mode. 16 or so people, and you have to survive for 30 minutes or an hour or something and then a helicopter arrives.

However, one player, or maybe up to four players, I don't know, are secretly designated Psychopaths and their objective is to be the only survivor on the helicopter. And keep the big red "PSYCHOTICWALRUS HAS DIED" text from the last game for that mode. Man that would add atmosphere.

Shoeberto
02-10-2009, 01:29 AM
In the mean time everyone can just play Dead Rising Wii!

(yes that was a joke)

Shame on you and your double-posting ways.

~Void

Madame Adequate
02-10-2009, 01:50 AM
Yeah the convicts did my head in. However, your initial assumption was still entirely correct because if DR2 does indeed have multiplayer I will be purchasing it and I will be wasting my time with you two trolling survivors, zombies and anybody else that is unfortunate enough to encounter our band of bastards.

Don't worry, I'm fairly fucking awesome at dealing with those guys, I could protect you while you teabag them.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
02-10-2009, 01:53 AM
looks like vegas to me
ps. cks can double post? O_o

Madame Adequate
02-10-2009, 02:02 AM
No but Hsubahs can.

XxSephirothxX
02-10-2009, 02:41 AM
Hopefully those silly Canadians won't mess it up.

Crimson
02-10-2009, 06:15 AM
coming to PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

Oh god, I came.

I love you Capcom, you gave me RE, you gave me DMC, now you give me this, have my babies.

Dreddz
02-10-2009, 10:04 AM
Awesome news. Dead Rising was why I bought a 360 in the first place and it was well worth it. Seeing as my 360 broke last August (warranty was void, don't ask) I was worrying whether the sequel would be available on the PS3 and of course Capcom come through with the goods. Glad at least one developer this gen can stick to their word about being a multiplatform developer.

Bolivar
02-10-2009, 02:31 PM
^ true.

I'll have to keep tabs on this. The first one, to me, was amazing for its presentation that "hey, the next-gen is here", but its appeal wore off on me soon after that. There's only so long I want to do everything possible to zombies. It is highly acclaimed, and I never got to actually own a copy, so I'll definitely give this one a shot as its coming to the ps3.

Psychotic
02-11-2009, 03:34 AM
Just got inspired to play through the original and I am now 24 hours away from my Saint achievement.

The Cult are bastards and I hope they're not in the next game! The AI for survivors isn't as bad as people say, except for when they all swarm into a crowded area (such as the ledge to the vent). Also when you beat Jo, the girls seem to always get stuck on the stairs and I don't know what's up with that. I either have to hold their hands or literally pick them up and carry them to the bathroom. Oh and Alyssa is a smurfing retard and the only one that died. Besides Simone but that's unavoidable and frankly she deserved to be thrown into a crowd of zombies. :cool:

EDIT: ahaha what the fuck. Went back to the Security Room to go help out Cheryl and Heather is beating the everloving :skull::skull::skull::skull: out of Bill.

JKTrix
02-11-2009, 03:38 AM
Days after Dead Rising came out, Capcom sent out surveys asking if people 'would buy Dead Rising 2' :P No surprise at'all. First game was one of the early 'gems' of the generation, even if it had some stupid/bad design choices, it was still crazy fun.

+1

Shiny
02-11-2009, 04:32 AM
The convicts were ridiculously easy to beat anyway regardless of respawning cuz they were stupid. They rammed into the tree leaving me to have a go at them with a chainsaw every single time. I agree that the cult was a toughie. Some of those green mask dudes would sneak up on me when I least expected it and then explode. >=( Adam the clown and Steve the manager are the best. I look forward to more eccentric psychopaths.

Madame Adequate
02-11-2009, 05:06 AM
The Cult are bastards and I hope they're not in the next game! The AI for survivors isn't as bad as people say, except for when they all swarm into a crowded area (such as the ledge to the vent).

The Cult are indeed bastards and I won't miss them. But given that zombies have apparently become facts of life you can bet your sweet bippy that there are nutters out there making a religion of it all :(

And yeah never had many survivor AI problems and never understood the whining tbh. They actually tended to act quite sensibly around me. Maybe I just exude tactical competence.

Psychotic
02-11-2009, 05:25 AM
I think they must've been giving them crap weapons. If you carry a couple of shotguns and an SMG to dish out to survivors (and then trade them back for something like a bat on the rooftop) they'll be absolutely fine.

In other news, I love Justified.

In other other news, Mannequin Torsos: Best non-boss weapon in the game. Hope they come back for 2.