PDA

View Full Version : FEAR 2

Magixion
02-11-2009, 05:29 PM
The first game in the series absolutely freaked me the fuck out. I am hoping this will do the same. Nothing is better than a good scare.

Anyone else looking to pick this up today? I am picking it up in about an hour or two and will be playing it on my 360 basically all day. If anyone wants to play some online matches, add my gamertag to you friends list!

GamerTag: Dea7hFromAbove

Bolivar
02-13-2009, 03:34 PM
My thoughts on FEAR2:

I picked up Wednesday night and played the first two missions and some of the multi-player. I have to say I think it's one of the most impressive shooters out, the action is intense and the gunplay is full of "cool"ness. Just the way the bullets move, even out of slow-mo, and rip apart the corporation's soldiers is awesome. Not to mention the AI is, as promised, one of the best in shooters right now. The strategies they use, how they switch it up, and their reactions to things like grenades ("one yelled 'Holy :skull::skull::skull::skull:!!!' as I lobbed it at him) are amazing. The encounters are well placed, as is the horror moments. Some of them will genuinely make you scream, especially if you're playing at night with the lights off. I think it's a great single player campaign overall, I give it very high marks.

The multiplayer is a little glitchy. I keep getting disconnected from the server, and it once bounced me out after trying to match me with a different version of the game. It's gamespy servers apprently, I think they could have done much better than this. There's a few glitches too where sometimes it will permanently freeze the game. Also, there weren't many people playing on the PSN, I think mostly because it looks like a sub-par horror version of Killzone 2. I'm estimating once KZ2 drops, no one will be playing this game, or other FPS for that matter. But the multiplayer is good when you can actually play it, I played a core-control type map with one mech for each team, the mechanics are strong and I see myself playing the MP alot, hopefully a patch gets released or the servers get up to par.

Finally, the only real complaint I have is how easy the single player campaign is. After playing it on Hard, the hardest difficulty, I have to say it is not how a hard difficulty should be, but maybe you have to unlock the hardest, I'm hoping. Resistance 2 on normal makes this seem like a cakewalk.

Overall, I'd highly recommend it to any fan of the FPS genre, or even someone unfamiliar to it who just wants a cinematic experience with a good story and amazing gameplay. Not to mention some seriously scary moments that'll make them yell out loud. I can see this being a big hit on XBox Live.

Aerith's Knight
02-16-2009, 07:56 PM
It was a good game, the campaign was strong in story, and I liked the final mission, but the ending was a little too open to be good.

I loved the parts where you could walk in the powerarmor and most of the ghost-encouters were better than in the first three.

Overall a good game, didn't really freak me out as much as the first though, only one part where that happened.

Magixion
02-17-2009, 03:47 PM
My thoughts on FEAR2:

I picked up Wednesday night and played the first two missions and some of the multi-player. I have to say I think it's one of the most impressive shooters out, the action is intense and the gunplay is full of "cool"ness. Just the way the bullets move, even out of slow-mo, and rip apart the corporation's soldiers is awesome. Not to mention the AI is, as promised, one of the best in shooters right now. The strategies they use, how they switch it up, and their reactions to things like grenades ("one yelled 'Holy :skull::skull::skull::skull:!!!' as I lobbed it at him) are amazing. The encounters are well placed, as is the horror moments. Some of them will genuinely make you scream, especially if you're playing at night with the lights off. I think it's a great single player campaign overall, I give it very high marks.

The multiplayer is a little glitchy. I keep getting disconnected from the server, and it once bounced me out after trying to match me with a different version of the game. It's gamespy servers apprently, I think they could have done much better than this. There's a few glitches too where sometimes it will permanently freeze the game. Also, there weren't many people playing on the PSN, I think mostly because it looks like a sub-par horror version of Killzone 2. I'm estimating once KZ2 drops, no one will be playing this game, or other FPS for that matter. But the multiplayer is good when you can actually play it, I played a core-control type map with one mech for each team, the mechanics are strong and I see myself playing the MP alot, hopefully a patch gets released or the servers get up to par.

Finally, the only real complaint I have is how easy the single player campaign is. After playing it on Hard, the hardest difficulty, I have to say it is not how a hard difficulty should be, but maybe you have to unlock the hardest, I'm hoping. Resistance 2 on normal makes this seem like a cakewalk.

Overall, I'd highly recommend it to any fan of the FPS genre, or even someone unfamiliar to it who just wants a cinematic experience with a good story and amazing gameplay. Not to mention some seriously scary moments that'll make them yell out loud. I can see this being a big hit on XBox Live.

I agree completely with how you summarized it. I very much enjoyed the single player campaign and loved the scary moments. They were very well done. The action was pretty intense as well. Gotta admit, the last level just makes you feel like a bad ass (no worries, I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't played this).

As for multiplayer, I only got to play a few rounds as my 360 got the dreaded rings of red death while I was playing through the Force Unleashed to kill time. I will try posting up my thoughts once I get my 360 fixed.