PDA

View Full Version : Important Things with Demetri Martin

Jessweeee♪
02-13-2009, 02:43 AM
Did anyone catch this yesterday? I DIDN'T ;_;!!!!! I AM SO SAD ;_;!

He's like, my favorite comedian ;_;!

This is a thread about how neat Demetri Martin is.

Bunny
02-13-2009, 02:44 AM
His stand up is pretty good but I'm still kinda unsure about his show. I didn't watch it last night, but I've seen clips of various things that are going to be going on throughout the program and they are both equal parts good and bad.

Yar
02-13-2009, 03:16 AM
JESSWEEEE♪ IT'S ON LIKE RIGHT NOW.

Bunny's kinda right, though. :( Some of the show had me laughing out loud, but overall it was kinda weak. Hopefully this changes in the future.

escobert
02-13-2009, 07:07 PM
He's like robot chicken with one guy.

Caraliz
02-13-2009, 07:13 PM
He's like robot chicken with one guy.
hehe.

I saw him live once.

I don't like his style. It's just too much too soon. I like comedians that tell a story more or refer to older jokes. He just seems to go on and on. I think a show would be good for him, but I would probably not pay again to see him live.

Jessweeee♪
02-13-2009, 11:38 PM
JESSWEEEE♪ IT'S ON LIKE RIGHT NOW.

Bunny's kinda right, though. :( Some of the show had me laughing out loud, but overall it was kinda weak. Hopefully this changes in the future.

I saw :</>D!

It wasn't bad! He seemed really nervous xD

Yar
02-13-2009, 11:50 PM
Well, seeing as this is a Demetri Martin appreciation thread, might I draw attention to his Trendspotting segments from The Daily Show? :D

Ouch!
02-13-2009, 11:57 PM
I'm a huge fan of Demitri Martin, but I thought the show was disappointing--as I expected it to be. I get the feeling that most comedians when forced to try and come up with material for a weekly television show begin to run thin, even when their stand-up is hilarious. I felt this show was a prime example of exactly that. Part of the show was absolutely hilarious, but a large part of it seemed like filler.

Jessweeee♪
02-14-2009, 01:55 AM
Well, seeing as this is a Demetri Martin appreciation thread, might I draw attention to his Trendspotting segments from The Daily Show? :D

I keep missing those ;_;

Yar
02-14-2009, 02:57 AM
I keep missing those ;_;Oh?

*saves the day* (http://www.thedailyshow.com/tagSearchResults.jhtml?term=Trendspotting)

Jessweeee♪
02-14-2009, 03:21 AM
O: