PDA

View Full Version : "New Play Control!" (Wii) edition of Metal Gear?

Arthurdent_78
02-13-2009, 09:59 PM
I just heard about the "New Play Control!" idea Nintendo is running. For anyone who does not know, they are re-releasing Game Cube games for the Wii with all new Wii controls. One example is that Metroid Prime 1 is being released this month in Japan with the control scheme of Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.

So my question is, has anyone heard whether or not Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes (the Game Cube update of the PS1's Metal Gear Solid) will get the same treatment?

Bolivar
02-13-2009, 10:13 PM
Hopefully not.

j/k I hope you guys get that ish.

Dreddz
02-13-2009, 10:19 PM
They're better off putting Wii controls on the PS1 version. Only version worth playing.

Arthurdent_78
02-13-2009, 10:27 PM
I haven't played the GC version yet, but I have heard that I had a few flaws, but from what I understand, the graphics were very much improved over the PS1 release.

KentaRawr!
02-13-2009, 10:57 PM
It depends. I know that Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat got a few nice changes made to it to make the game more difficult than before, and a couple of new enemies and levels were added as well. Mario Tennis did not receive quite as nice changes, however. So, if they were to port Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes to the Wii, would they balance it out so that it's not easy? Would they include an extra mode of some kind? Or would it be the exact same game?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-13-2009, 11:03 PM
I haven't played the GC version yet, but I have heard that I had a few flaws, but from what I understand, the graphics were very much improved over the PS1 release.

The PS version made the absolute best of the technology available at the time, and it still looks admirable today. The GC version actually looks worse than MGS2 on the PS2, despite being released three years afterwards.

It also has a ton of other problems. Hopefully, it'll never see the light of day again.

Shoeberto
02-16-2009, 02:43 AM
Highly doubtful. SK is too busy with the Too Human trilogy and not making another Eternal Darkness (those JERKS)

XxSephirothxX
02-16-2009, 04:17 AM
Nah, it won't happen.

Brandless Goods
02-16-2009, 12:05 PM
Twin Snakes is the :skull::skull::skull::skull:tiest remake of all time. Don't EVER play it. Ever.

KentaRawr!
02-16-2009, 11:55 PM
I don't think it's that bad. o_o Snake's matrix-like moves come off as silly in comparison to the original version, and the gameplay becomes unbalanced with the new moves brought in from MGS2, but besides that, I quite enjoy it. :p

Blue Harvest
02-24-2009, 09:39 PM
The graphics are the only thing the GC version has going for it. Other than that the PSOne version beats it in every way.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Wii version though.