PDA

View Full Version : Persona 3 Help D:

Jessweeee♪
02-15-2009, 02:07 AM
I figured I'd ask here instead of registering in some other place since there's so many players here.

I just started a new game plus deally, and I wanna get Orpheus-Telos. A lot of places I looked at say that you have to max the social links in one playthrough, because your key items get reset. I still have the items given to me by the social links that I maxed out in the first game, so does that mean I only have to max the remaining links? I'm confused S:

EDIT:

Also, does ignoring reverse male social links, too, or just females?

Zeromus_X
02-15-2009, 03:06 AM
You have to max ALL of the social links in one playthrough, whether it be your first or more. This unfortunately means you have to follow penguin_knight's Max S Link guide on Gamefaqs by the letter to even have a chance of doing it because of the way the game is designed. It's a lot easier on a second playthrough though. If you decide to do this make sure to follow the guide very carefully and keep a bunch of backup saves in case of a mistake. Thankfully you can register Telos and just use him for another playthrough once you fuse him without having to max all the S Links again.

The items from Max S Links that carry over to new cycles just let you fuse the ultimate Personas for those Arcana. You still have to max all of them out and talk to Igor to get the key item for fusing Mr. T.

Male S Links can be reversed too. Basically there's a counter for each of the S Links that are able to be reversed, it's like after 60 days you don't spend time with them, they get reversed. Female S Links you're intimate with get 15 days subtracted from the counter every time you cheat on them, which is why they can get reversed so quickly. They can also be reversed if you accept a phone invitation from them, and then skip out on them with another S Link.

Wolf Kanno
02-15-2009, 03:23 AM
I missed out on getting Telos... :( I have 10 days left and 5 Social Links left. As Zeromus says, its really difficult without a guide and you have to follow it faithfully. Make sure you bring Persona of the same arcana as the link in order to gain bonus points and max it out faster.

Their are two links that rise no matter what answer you give them, just visiting means you always get dialogue and always raise the level, these are Devil and Sun. The only Social Links that go into reverse are mostly ones offered in the school. Kenji, Mitsuru, Kazuhi, Keisuke, Yuko, Yukari, Fuuka, Bebe, and Chihiro can all go into reverse, and most of the girls have one dialogue option somewhere in their social link that may put you into reverse status automatically. The Treasurer and Yukari are the main ones I remember. The guys don't really have any problems like that.

Also, even though you can't have a romantic relationship with Aigis, she still counts towards cheating on the other girls.

Jessweeee♪
02-15-2009, 03:35 AM
Yeah, that one with Yukari made me mad. I don't remember what option it was, but hey, I just saved her from getting gang raped, she should be grateful :mad2:

Thanks, guys S:

At least I won't have to worry about spending time maxing my Academics and stuff xD

Wolf Kanno
02-15-2009, 04:04 AM
Having max social stats really helps in the second playthrough. If you read the guide Zeromus_X suggested, the author mentions one of the big factors to get this to work is to be able to start the Social Link with Fuuka as early as possible.