PDA

View Full Version : Should I buy this game?

Rebellious Eagle
02-15-2009, 10:57 PM
I don't know whether I should buy this game or not. I heard it's only fun unless you're on multi-player, and none of my friends are into FF as much as I am. Any suggestions?

ljkkjlcm9
02-16-2009, 01:04 PM
which crystal chronicles game?

THE JACKEL

Momiji
02-16-2009, 01:10 PM
If you're talking about the GameCube game, I would say 'absolutely not'. Rent it first, if you can. I found it to be absolutely dismal when you're playing alone.

scrumpleberry
02-16-2009, 01:18 PM
Don't. If you have a Wii, wait for the next one, which will be similar and hopefully not require tonnes of cables and DSes and friends to be present.

Rebellious Eagle
02-16-2009, 05:03 PM
Well, I only own a PS2 and a DS. So...let me rephrase that. Is the DS game any good?

RedWiz
02-16-2009, 06:44 PM
I don't know much about the DS version... I do know the GC version was really... eh.

The DS version has lots of lag in multiplayer... and in single player the computers are kinda dumb... but it'll probably entertain you. I wouldn't get it myself. I'm more happy with Tactics 2, Chrono Trigger, and FFIV.

ljkkjlcm9
02-16-2009, 10:04 PM
I enjoyed the DS game for awhile. Eventually after beating it once in story, and with a "multiplayer" character... I was done with it. Having someone I could have connected to to play with would have made it more enjoyable. However the story is good and it's a solid single player action RPG. Nothing spectacular, but fun and enjoyable.

THE JACKEL

Bastian
03-01-2009, 07:19 PM
I had the exact opposite experience from ljkkjlcm9.

I LOVED the single player "story" mode, but when I bought a second copy for my buddy to do multiplayer with me . . . I was shocked to see that they ripped ALL of the story out of the game. Boooooring. It made the whole experience for him really boring since it basically just turned it into a plotless dungeon crawler.

Heath
06-02-2009, 07:37 PM
If you're talking about the GameCube game, I would say 'absolutely not'. Rent it first, if you can. I found it to be absolutely dismal when you're playing alone.

It's not terrible to play by yourself, but it's most certainly preferable to play with other people. I quite liked the presentation and music of the game as well as the actual gameplay which kept me entertained enough throughout the whole game, but I had many times more fun with the multiplayer.

I wouldn't think it'd be too difficult to get your friends involved anyway, to be honest as it differs quite a bit from the standard Final Fantasy games and so you could get away without even recognising that it's a Final Fantasy game at times.

Vermachtnis
06-03-2009, 03:46 AM
I had the exact opposite experience from ljkkjlcm9.

I LOVED the single player "story" mode, but when I bought a second copy for my buddy to do multiplayer with me . . . I was shocked to see that they ripped ALL of the story out of the game. Boooooring. It made the whole experience for him really boring since it basically just turned it into a plotless dungeon crawler.

That's what I loved about "multiplay." No blah blah blah, just bashing stuff with Lilte or slashing crap with Clavat. Don't get me wrong the story was alright, but damn they talked a lot and you did three dungeons in row without being able to go out and explore. But it did explain why I was killing all those things. I did Multiplay first and was just having fun with it. But those cute little graphics hide the dark story that's told.