PDA

View Full Version : Greatest Gaming Achievement

Necronopticous
02-15-2009, 11:42 PM
Earlier today I got the ALL on Strikers 1945 III (Strikers 1999), a goal I have been working at on and off for a couple of years.

http://www.JEREMYTIME/upload/s1945III2284100.jpg

This makes me the only known person outside of Japan to have done so, and is easily my greatest accomplishment in gaming.

What is your greatest gaming achievement?

Marshall Banana
02-15-2009, 11:50 PM
Yeah! http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m285/fofonda/emoticons/donchan.gif

Having enough patience to complete Majora's Mask and Super Troll Islands when I was a kid is a great accomplishment, I think.

Oh! I made the top score in Azumanga Daioh Puzzle Bubble at an arcade in California! I forgot about that. I liked that!

Laddy
02-15-2009, 11:59 PM
Having a No.1 Legend Soul Calibur III character in six machines accross the state.

Nominus Experse
02-16-2009, 12:43 AM
Beating Blaster Master without using an emulator or cheats

Slothy
02-16-2009, 12:48 AM
Many of my greatest gaming achievements aren't things there can be a record of. My favourite has to be the headshot skills I developed in Turok 2 multiplayer way back. I was unbeatable for quite a while because I got to the point that I could headshot anyone faster than they could take aim at me from the moment they came into view. Not only was I good at aiming for the head, I rarely missed, and never missed twice in a row once I had it down. The best part is, it started as a way to challenge myself because I was better than everyone I knew. I started out trying to get headshots with the assault rifle and gradually worked my way down to nothing but the crossbow as I got better, thinking I was doing my friends a favour until they all stopped playing with me. :D

Another would have to be playing as a Sniper in TFC. I got to the point that I'd frequently headshot rocket and nade jumpers, take out even amazing snipers, and other classes with ease. At one point I even decided sniping was getting too easy and started sniping without zooming in. Eventually I was racking up headshots from across the map. Even started to storm bases with my sniper rifle as I got better at no scoping. Kill/death ratios of 5 or 6 to 1 were pretty common for me back then. The funny thing is I can't snipe in TF2 at all. :D

I think I'm noticing a trend of developing crazy skills out of a combination of addiction to a game and a need to challenge myself as I get better.

Goldenboko
02-16-2009, 12:50 AM
One of these days I'll get to 65 10th prestige on Call of Duty.

Psychotic
02-16-2009, 12:56 AM
That is pretty sick that you have that. Nice job. Nothing I've done compares, but-

Some of the things I've done on Halo 3 have been pretty ridiculous, like nailing perfect sticks from across the length of the map (even better when done to team mates ;)), a triple kill of sniped headshots, getting Invincibles and whatnot.

Zombie Genocider, Saint and Frank the Pimp on Dead Rising are pretty :cool: official Achievements.

My MGS3 game of 0 saves, 0 continues, 0 times spotted, 0 food eaten, 0 damage taken etc. etc. is something I am proud of.

5,000 in the Speed Square on FFVII is the tits too.

Also on Pro Evolution Soccer 5, on the hardest difficulty (6-star, you have to unlock it) I was 3-0 down in the World Cup Final to smurfing France. Scored in the 60th, 80th, 87th and 92nd minutes to turn it around. (matches last 90 minutes plus a couple of minutes added on for stoppages) Glorious.

Yar
02-16-2009, 12:58 AM
Catching all 151 original Pokémon (still in progress. ;))

Jessweeee♪
02-16-2009, 01:20 AM
I got all the stars in TWEWY :</>D!

Balzac
02-16-2009, 01:32 AM
Banging one of the lead designers of Lego Star Wars.

Bunny
02-16-2009, 02:00 AM
SERVER FIRST LOVE FOOL ON WOW

Momiji
02-16-2009, 02:10 AM
Jeremy's victory today inspired me to press on through a kaleidoscope of death, and I finally completed the Extra Stage in Perfect Cherry Blossom; definitely my most difficult endeavor yet-- I've been trying since Summer '08 to beat it (just ask cl_out, we had a contest to see who could beat it first-- he beat it in a couple of days, and I just now pulled it off). Perhaps I'm the only one in Northeast Indiana who's heard of the game completed it? :D

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/lastspellcard.jpg
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/allclear.jpg

Nowhere nearly as impressive as Jeremy's epic victory, but I'm still very, very proud of it. Congrats, man. You've been working at that game for ages now, about time your practice paid off! :D

Shoeberto
02-16-2009, 02:38 AM
I used to be pretty ballin' at CS 1.6, but that was many years ago now.

I don't know if this counts, but I created one of the most popular CTF maps for a GPL'd first-person shooter. It has like, three spinoffs/derivatives that have taken off as well (mostly because the original was a total mess, technically, until someone used the source and made a more stable version of it).

I normally don't really challenge myself all that much, I guess.

Magixion
02-16-2009, 09:56 AM
30+ - 0 in every game of team slayer (to 50 kills) on Halo 3 at a tournament I went to. My team dominated every game and I didn't die once at all the entire night. Damn proud of that too, especially because the kids were talking :skull::skull::skull::skull: the entire night before my team started playing.