PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Character?

Rebellious Eagle
02-16-2009, 01:21 AM
I'm surprised no one has made one of these already...
So, topic says it all. Locke would probably be my favorite, due to the fact that he's so courageous and sweet that it's hard not to love him. ^_^

Flying Mullet
02-16-2009, 01:30 PM
From a story standpoint, Cyan's my favorite. From a gameplay standpoint, Locke's my favorite.

scrumpleberry
02-16-2009, 02:13 PM
Terra. Everything standpoint.

Saber
02-16-2009, 03:30 PM
I'll go with edgar. Mainly because he was one of the characters that never left the main party. So I gained more of a Role play with him.

trancekuja
02-16-2009, 03:41 PM
There can only be one and he goes by the name of Shadow

GameMasta
02-16-2009, 09:43 PM
I'd have to say Terra. I always have her be the one to obtain X-magic.

She also has a cool story of her own.

blackmage_nuke
02-17-2009, 02:40 AM
From a story standpoint, Cyan's my favorite. From a gameplay standpoint, Locke's my favorite.

This

Though I use to be a big fan of Setzer too.

~ Kain ~
02-17-2009, 03:44 AM
This is by far the toughest of the series when it comes to me naming my favorite.
Battle: Edgar's Tools are the most useful attacking skill in the game.
Story: Shadow's mysterious past or Terra's struggle to understand herself..
Personal Fav. : Gotta go with the Lady's man Locke.

Arishia
04-09-2009, 11:58 PM
Am I the only one who seems to like Celes? After her, it'd be Shadow, then Kefka. Nobody mentioned him, either. .

Jessweeee♪
04-10-2009, 02:18 AM
Mog n.n

Golden Warrior
04-10-2009, 03:26 AM
Battle: Celes is my favorite spell caster followed by Strago and Relm. For the warriors I like Sabin and Cyan best. For the others Setzer and Shadow are my other top picks for being able to throw things and Setzer's slot machine. Granted Edgar's tools are indeed more useful, but I just like using Shadow's and Setzer's abilities more.

Story: Celes, Edgar, Sabin, Shadow, Cyan, and Setzer - I just like their stories the best and it's hard to choose a favorite because every time I play through it I get focused on a different one.

Personal Favorite Overall:Right now it's Celes. It might change on my next play through, but for now it's Celes. She's my favorite spell caster, and I like her story.

Wolfen
04-10-2009, 04:10 AM
It's a tie between Biggs and Wedge from the intro.

RedPouch
04-10-2009, 08:54 AM
Battle: I love Sabin, but then again I've always been a fan of martial arts type characters that kick ass. I'm not really favouring any magic users simply for the fact that anybody can be made to be an extraordinarily powerful magic caster [I made Gau my highest physical damage-dealer as well as being able to do 9999 with every major spell in the book].

Character Design: Gau looked awesome, and I have a thing for young, tough, wild dudes in hides [even though he's only 16 or something like that...].

Story: I think it's between Terra and Celes. I love them both, and I have a very strong appreciation for females that aren't helpless damsels in distress, especially in the situations they're presented with which probably cause them a great deal of emotional and mental stress [and yes, I'm aware that several of these characters go through that]. Even though Celes hit a breaking point, her character is quite strong given her history, as Terra's is for hers respectively.

Lukie
04-15-2009, 02:41 AM
Jesus, I don't know if I can choose :Eek:

Personality: Edgar. I'm a sucker for the flirts :D Besides, I've written a lot of fanfiction about Edgar and I've managed to capture his more emotional and tormented side, which is usualy a hard thing to do with some male characters. Plus, he's kinda good lookin' in the cutscenes :pRegardless, I love 'im :love:
Sabin. I have no idea why, but Sabin's always appealed to me as a big cuddley guy who's laid back and just a sweetie. I know what yer'a thinkin, Big strong 6'3 Sabin being portrayed as cute, but that's just my view of him. Maybe because I read a lot of fanfiction about him? Or write it, anyway :D Sabin x Terra for the win!
Gau. I've always had a soft spot for poor little Gau, ever since I saw his story when his father abandoned him thinking he was a demon because his mother died giving birth to him. In some ways it reminds me of Mary Shelly's Frankenstein? Anyway, i love how he acts around Sabin, like he's a big brother to him :)
Shadow. What can I say? Shadow is just awesome. Ninjas own :D
Terra. She is, admitedly, a little bit bland, but she's kind at heart and aparently good with children. Besides, I don't like Celes or Realm, so I guess Terra's my favourite female by default.

Battle: Sabin. The Blitz technique is really brilliant, it's pretty versatile too. Take Edgar's ability for example, Tool. I can't remeber exactly, so forgive me if I'm wrong, but I think Edgar could only attack or induce status change, whereas Sabin's Blitz could heal, attack and I think he could induce status change too. even if not, Sabin is still my favy for battle.
Edgar, again. I love his Tool ability, but I don't like it as much as Blitz. His Auto-Crossbow move is extremely useful in the first part of the game, and his Cainsaw move is just class :D
Terra. Her magic is so useful and powerful throughout the game, not to mention when she turns in to an Esper she can kick some major backside.
Locke. I've never really liked Locke, in the first part of the game I swore by Terra x Locke, but then Celes comes in to the picture and breaks poor Terra's heart :( I dunno if anyone's noticed but I'm quite fond of pairings :D Anyway, I liked Locke in battle in the first part of the game, since his Steal ability is very useful in the first part of the game, especially when you don't have much money and don't want to bust your money on potions and inns.

Story: Edgar and Sabin's has got to be my absolute favourite. It's so adorable, how Edgar used the double headed coin to spare his brother the burden of the throne, how they're re-united - ugh, I just love it!
Shadow. Shadow's story comes in as a very close second to the brothers. It's so sad, and I always feel sorry for him whenever I'm reminded of his story. Poor Clyde :( Interceptor's cute though :love:
Gau. As I said before, ever so sad :( Terra. I find her character very bold and courageous, I really like how she's virtually the main character of the game too. I know there is a bit of argument about that, but I love how she's one of the first main female roles in Final Fantasy.

That's about it :D! *laughs*

Mezlabor
05-16-2009, 02:32 AM
Am I the only one who seems to like Celes? After her, it'd be Shadow, then Kefka. Nobody mentioned him, either. .
Your not the only time Celes is one of my all time faveorite game characters and my faveorite ff character from any game

Vermachtnis
05-16-2009, 03:04 AM
Ultros, don't tease the octopus.

daggertrepe
06-09-2009, 02:54 PM
So far (I'm only halfway through) probably Edgar for Battles, and Celes for the rest.

G13
06-22-2009, 01:58 AM
There can only be one and he goes by the name of Shadow

Straight up this.
Locke's a close second.

ReloadPsi
06-22-2009, 01:11 PM
Terra Branford, Mighty Morphin' Red Mage extroadinaire!

Oh, and Ultros. I will never forget how freakin' awesome he was. Or Kefka. He did it for the lulz.

Garnie
06-22-2009, 01:25 PM
i like Edger because he's a whore lol!

blackmage_nuke
06-26-2009, 04:10 AM
i like Edger because he's a whore lol!

Well you are what you eat :jokey:

Jiro
06-26-2009, 07:27 AM
I'm going to say Edgar, but to be honest almost the entire cast of VI outranks all the characters from all the other games. Never found a cast, including NPCs, that I liked so much. You even feel kinda bad for killing Kefka since he's so awesome.

The Space Pope
07-09-2009, 01:25 AM
I'd say Shadow because he never felt the need to justify what he was doing and didn't act like what he was doing was important (even though it was in a way), and he was blunt and didn't feel the need to sugar coat anything. He kept to himself and did what he felt he had to do with no further justification. Or maybe I just read into his character a bit too deeply.

@Lukie: Actually IIRC, some of Edgar's tools could do physical damage as well. Like the Auto-crossbow and Drill. And the chainsaw both attacked and gave a status effect.

Zeromus_X
07-10-2009, 11:19 AM
Relm for her design, personality, and great nuking capability. Also is the only character to have the unique Pictomancer class in the series, a pretty creative job class (even if the special ability isn't all that great).

qwertysaur
07-10-2009, 11:25 AM
Every single character in this game is magical. :bigsmile:

Today I'll go with our friend Mog. He's a fast talking, SLAM dancing. Moogle :p

blackmage_nuke
07-10-2009, 11:28 AM
Every single character in this game is magical. :bigsmile:

Today I'll go with our friend Mog. He's a fast talking, slam SLAM dancing. Moogle :p

Fix'd. Yes, it does matter.

qwertysaur
07-10-2009, 11:35 AM
:shifty:

Darkswordofchaos
07-11-2009, 02:36 AM
super hard choice and i cant decide so my fave is a tossup between Shadow, Terra, and Celes

Magixion
07-16-2009, 05:42 PM
Easily Locke. He may be my favorite in the entire series. I can really relate to his personality and I know that if I were put into his situation, I would be acting the exact same as him.

Plus, we look rather similar as well! :P (Dashingly good looking!)

Tama2
07-17-2009, 01:11 AM
I love Locke. He was my first Avy/Sig set here.

Heath
07-19-2009, 10:06 PM
In terms of story, my favourites are Celes, Kefka and Leo. I thought Celes was a really interesting character as you watch how she attempts to deal with her change in allegiance and her blossoming romance with Locke is rather cute too. Kefka is brilliant each and every time he is on the screen. Leo was someone who I wished had been more involved as I felt he gave a humane and decent face to the Empire and I would like to have seen more of his conflict with his beliefs and the machinations of Kefka and Gestahl.

In terms of battle, I actually quite using Gogo and Edgar.

Avarice-ness
08-03-2009, 01:52 PM
Fav Main Hero male: Locke
Fav Main Hero female: Celes
Overall Fav CHARA: Kefka

arcanedude34
08-03-2009, 03:49 PM
I'd say Locke, but man... this has some of my favorites in the whole series. Edgar, Shadow, Setzer, Terra, Celes... and of course, Kefka

Avarice-ness
08-03-2009, 04:48 PM
I'd say Locke, but man... this has some of my favorites in the whole series. Edgar, Shadow, Setzer, Terra, Celes... and of course, Kefka

That's why I just split mine up.

Kefka's always number one, so I give the other's a chance by making favorite categories!

PeneloRatsbane
08-03-2009, 05:46 PM
1. Celes (She is one hell of a character, one of my fave ff females)
2. Setzer (his story with Daryll was sad, and he was cool)
3. Gogo (for the mystery)

oblivion161
08-04-2009, 02:28 AM
In terms of gameplay, I would say Sabin and Setzer. They were always in my party when I played lol

In terms of story, I would say Shadow. I really like his background story.

Unstoppable Pig
08-04-2009, 07:48 PM
Locke. I can relato him personality wise, I like his story. I remember first seeing him and grey hair made me think he was some old man but after playing a while he was already awesome but when I got to his scenario and Kohlingen he really became my favorite.

Other favorites include Celes,Terra,Edgar,Setser, Gau, Shadow and Kefka. Well all the other playables are pretty awesome too. FFVI is just too awesome.

Lazy Bovine
08-05-2009, 05:10 PM
From a story standpoint, Gogo is my favorite character in FFVI.

TheyLookLikeStrongHands
08-05-2009, 07:27 PM
Locke followed by Sabin.

Depression Moon
08-05-2009, 07:28 PM
As of right now it would probably be Celes and Cyan. I've just gotten Mog and Umaro, who I don't see much for they just came along out of nowhere. Really no character background whatsoever. I think the developers focused too much on putting in as many playable characters as possible and that ended up hurting a lot of them.

Unstoppable Pig
08-05-2009, 08:13 PM
As of right now it would probably be Celes and Cyan. I've just gotten Mog and Umaro, who I don't see much for they just came along out of nowhere. Really no character background whatsoever. I think the developers focused too much on putting in as many playable characters as possible and that ended up hurting a lot of them.

Well Mog has some depth since one of those Moogles who help you is actually his girlfriend and that "no encounter"-relic is her relic. Mog could have been also angsty about all his species dying but Cyan´s friends and family were murdered too and Red XIII in next game is angsty about being last of his kind.

Umaro, what do you want from him? He is just beast with childlike mind. He doesn´t have to be some lost prince from outer space whose planet was killed by Kefka and he is on eart trying to stop him but he has amnesia since his ship crashed.

mattkd
08-08-2009, 12:49 AM
I'd say my favorite character is Sabin because hes so strong in battle. But you're right, Locke is a great character in the story
so locke is my fav character and sabin will be my best fighter, locke sucks in battle

Shiny
08-08-2009, 01:39 AM
Terra.
Yes.

I also like Shadow because I like characters with mysterious back stories that are later revealed.

TurkSlayer
08-13-2009, 02:23 AM
The stock "badass" characters always get me hot and bothered, so I'll have to go with Shadow. Setzer, however, comes in a very close second.

Also, love Zeigfried.

And-

It's a tie between Biggs and Wedge from the intro.

Most tragic death in the game.

Edgar
08-15-2009, 05:21 PM
I liked the ghost alot :p

On a more serious note, I obviously think Edgar is the best character in the game. A castle that submerges AND travel to another CONTINENT?! :Eek:

IXVI
10-07-2009, 06:35 AM
my favorite...Umaro.

EagleAquila
10-12-2009, 08:10 PM
Ultros because he's so funny I lol'ed when I saw the Royal Octopus line

Roogle
10-12-2009, 08:35 PM
My favorite character in the game was Celes from a gameplay standpoint and a storyline standpoint. I enjoyed the first parts of the World of Ruin that deal with her finding out what happened to all of her friends before the dialogue becomes generic and cheapened, a bit.

Character Design: Gau looked awesome, and I have a thing for young, tough, wild dudes in hides [even though he's only 16 or something like that...].

I realize that this is an old post. No one in the thread mentioned that Gau is actually only 13 years old.

RedPouch
10-17-2009, 02:34 AM
I realize that this is an old post. No one in the thread mentioned that Gau is actually only 13 years old.
Well despite what his real age might be, he's 15~ish as far as I'm concerned. At least from what I remember, the concept art for him makes him look about that age, and he just doesn't strike me as a kid who's 13 in any regard given his circumstances. Relm definitely looks like she's 13 though.

Calarandir
10-17-2009, 11:39 PM
Sabin is probably my favourite character, I just find it easy to relate to someone who wants to run away from a large amount of responsibility that's been dumped onto his shoulders.

Celes and Terra come in joint second, both have tragic and intriguing back stories, like pretty much the entire cast, but I feel there's were the best explored. I'm also a bit of a sucker for Red Mages...

IXVI
10-18-2009, 05:50 AM

Well Mog has some depth since one of those Moogles who help you is actually his girlfriend and that "no encounter"-relic is her relic. Mog could have been also angsty about all his species dying but Cyan´s friends and family were murdered too and Red XIII in next game is angsty about being last of his kind.

Umaro, what do you want from him? He is just beast with childlike mind. He doesn´t have to be some lost prince from outer space whose planet was killed by Kefka and he is on eart trying to stop him but he has amnesia since his ship crashed.

That's one of the reasons MY FAVORITE FFVI character is Umaro. He doesn't need some sort of background in order to be the bad ass yeti that he is (Backgrounds are cool, i'm just sayin'..) I actually find some deepness in him for personal reasons Aside My uncle being a sasquatch hunter. Umaro reminds me of a part of myself. and other stuff i don't feel like explaining .... -plays chrono cross-...My girlfriends favorites are Celes and Mog.

Greatermaximus
10-18-2009, 10:56 AM
Formerly Terra. I understand the game too well to have one. I'm at that point where I don't need one if that means anything.

beema
10-27-2009, 07:42 AM
Tough call, but thinking back to when I played my favorite characters to use were always Sabin and Mog.
Story wise though I'm not sure, most of them have pretty good ones.
Terra is obviously the one who the whole tale pivots around but I never really liked her for some reason. Locke, since he's there from the start as well. Setzer always cheers me up tho...

bah
too hard

Edge7
10-28-2009, 11:57 PM
Battle Wise, my favorites are locke and Sabin. Sabin's bum rush is my most frequently use move in the game, and when equiped with a special rune (the Genji Glove I think), Locke can steal twice in rapid succesion, and with the theif's glove equipped, it was useful in early boss fights (attack twice and a high chance of stealing an item, I'm game). Also, Celes' runic is really useful, and I switch between Terra, Edgar, and Shadow as my fav fourth party member.

Story wise; Both Locke and Shadow's stories of redeemption really got to me, but Celes always choked me up.

Christmas
10-28-2009, 11:59 PM
Kefka cause of his laugh and his sexy body at the end of the game. :bigsmile:

Vusasaki
11-06-2009, 06:26 AM
Hmm this is quite the choice. I would have to overall pick Sabin. I've always liked how he acted in game and I liked his overall fighting style back when I was a youngin.

littlewolf
11-10-2009, 03:04 AM
i would have to say gau would be my favorite because his leap skill i like using to build him up skill wise and also his storyline is that bad and very amusing. but terra and celes they both are tops as far as using magic.

Zeromus
11-18-2009, 11:40 PM
Shadow FTW!

Even thought I like other characters too... I have a special love for Setzer and Relm... And Kefka is a god! :B

Black Magic Shopkeeper
11-19-2009, 01:28 AM
For me it's a mix between Mog and Gogo.
I guess I just like unimportant characters most.

silent_symphony
11-21-2009, 05:10 PM
My fave here? hmm.. It's Terra.. next to Celes

Logie
12-01-2009, 11:42 PM
For me, it's Edgar. When suave meets chainsaw massacre. :D

Barraza
12-01-2009, 11:48 PM
Tina Branford, for obvious reasons. She's easily one of the most developed, and I really felt for her, having to chase between her two selves before she came to understand her origins. The focus on the importance of love and acceptance in human relationships, and the importance of discovering your origins to define who you are, these things... they mattered to me.

As for gameplay: every character is the goddam same, so who cares.

RedPouch
12-02-2009, 01:21 AM
I did appreciate the fact that the love she ended up experiencing was motherly love as opposed to romantic love [not that anything's wrong with that, but it's too predictable], though I don't think her dialogue did her justice.

As for Edgar, I fail to see how anybody could see him as actually being suave.

Autamos
12-20-2009, 08:16 AM
Not sure why, but Celes is my favorite out of all of them. I also am quite fond of Strago and Sabin as well.

Lunatic_High
01-11-2010, 05:45 PM
Myself I would say either Terra or Locke, if non playable characters are allowed I will say Kefka.

TehIrishViking
01-28-2010, 04:08 PM
Music: Shadow
Battle: Edger, Sabin, Terra, Gogo
Story: Terra
Overall: Umaro, Everytime he throws his hands up and just flies at the enemy(killing them naturally) I laugh out loud.

*Edit* Oh and Kefka is hands down the best villian in any game ever, period.

Breine
03-17-2010, 11:43 PM
Probably Terra or Celes. Locke is great too, though.

bipper
03-18-2010, 12:21 AM
I find myself in between Locke, Terra, Kefka.

Gau and Gogo are amazingly fun too.

Rodney
03-18-2010, 01:08 AM
For battle, Sabin and Cyan, for sure. Their abilities got me out of several pinches.

But for personality and basically archetype, Gau (I love the "energetic young boys") and Relm (I also love the "perky young girls").

Clyde's Shadow
03-18-2010, 07:39 AM
So many brilliant characters in this game.. its hard to choose just one.. so i wont.

I really cant decide between Terra, Locke, Celes and Shadow. I <3 them all.

Flying Mullet
03-18-2010, 01:16 PM
I find myself in between Locke, Terra, Kefka.

Gau and Gogo are amazingly fun too.
My, you have an amazing love life.

bipper
03-18-2010, 04:59 PM
My, you have an amazing love life.

Yeah. My love is like a roller coaster baby.

Wanna ride?

Flying Mullet
03-19-2010, 04:10 PM
Yeah. :)

Sephiroth
03-20-2010, 10:31 PM
"The most important thin in life? Being free of obligations! Otherwise you loose the ability to gamble."

My favourite Final Fantasy VII character is Setzer - I am Sephiroth's older brother - Gabbiani. As "Wandering Gambler" and the only owner of an Airship (in Final Fantasy VI) his character in Final Fantasy is unique.

I. Setzer Gabbiani
II. Terra Branford
III. Kefka Palazzo
IV. Clyde "Shadow" Arrowny
V. Celes Chére

Laddy
03-22-2010, 11:05 AM
I liked Terra and Cyan. Mog was cute. <3

Jiro
03-24-2010, 04:24 AM
Edgar is my favourite character. I love how he takes the throne so Sabin can go wild. I actually don't think he's as successful with the ladies as he makes out! :eek:

JodoBaggins
04-02-2010, 08:54 AM
my top 5/ locke(playa) shadow(cold-hearted killer) setzer(hes just a badass) kefka(sadistic psycho) terra(her esper form is epic..plus locke got up in it :)

No.78
04-02-2010, 04:52 PM
Celes is my favorite character. Or, Proto-Beatrix as I like to call her.

She's just badass, mmkay?

Clo
04-28-2010, 03:17 AM
I liked Edgar and Terra, though you get them at the beginning, so that's a little boring. For some of the later on characters... I thought Relm was adorable and nifty.

Hot Shot
04-28-2010, 07:03 AM
The twins were definately my favourites. I also like Gogo, Cyan and Leo.

Thinking about what characters I like makes me remember how awesome the characters and the game was. It was so hard to pick the ones I valued above the rest.

ljkkjlcm9
04-28-2010, 05:08 PM
Cyan and Leo, both for battle skills and for story. They're both the most honorable people in the game. Hell, Cyan even writes letters for a fallen man to his love so that she doesn't lose hope. Plus the connection between the two... Leo leaving and Kefka poisoning Doma, then Leo apologizing to him about it... they have that honor and understanding.

THE JACKEL

Gossack
05-08-2010, 09:03 AM
Mog's my favourite character.

Crossblades
05-08-2010, 06:42 PM
Shadow and Sabin. However, from a gameplay point of view, it's Edgar, because I make him a Dragoon by giving him a Dragon Horn, Dragoon's Boots and give him the most powerful lance available to him.