PDA

View Full Version : KNUX

Yar
02-19-2009, 11:28 PM
Do you crack your knuckles, wrists, vertebrae, etc? :D

It's one of my habits. I crack my knuckles, wrists and elbows. I like sounding like a drumline.

Flying Mullet
02-19-2009, 11:41 PM
Occasionally.

Joints I can pop:
- Hand Knuckles
- Big Toe Knuckle
- Elbows
- Upper Back
- Lower Back
- Knees
- Ankles

I Took the Red Pill
02-19-2009, 11:44 PM
Knees, Neck, and Fingers. Used to crack the toes a lot but not so much anymore.

Tama2
02-19-2009, 11:44 PM
Knuckles and wrists.
Unless something is really out of whack.

Lawr
02-19-2009, 11:45 PM
For some strange reason I can only crack the knuckles in my left hand--very easily too. If I try to crack the ones in my right hand I will only, and have, hurt myself.

Cracking any other bones in my body is up to anyone feeling like picking on a short kid on a whim.

scrumpleberry
02-19-2009, 11:55 PM
Toes, knuckles compulsively, wrists, back at times, ankles once or twice. I can also shift around several joints.

The Summoner of Leviathan
02-20-2009, 12:13 AM
Toes, ankles, knuckles, jaw and neck (a bit).

Tavrobel
02-20-2009, 12:17 AM
Joints, wrists, knuckles, jaw, neck, spine, toes, knees, ankles.

So, almost everything.

Levian
02-20-2009, 12:39 AM
I used to crack my fingers, but then I decided to quit. I carved a line on my left arm with a rusty knife for every time I cracked a knuckle and I repeated this until I eventually stopped cracking. I lost a lot of blood in the beginning, but it was worth it.

(In reality the knife was a pen, the arm was a notebook and the blood was ink, but when I tell this story to my grandchildren in 40 years it'll definitely be rusty knife, arm and blood.)

Rocket Edge
02-20-2009, 12:40 AM
Nah, although my jaw this weird clicking sound.

Miriel
02-20-2009, 12:54 AM
Oh god. It grosses me out so much when people do this. It's like, why are you doing this to yourself? That can't be good for you. >_>

Momiji
02-20-2009, 02:18 AM
Knuckles, all the time. I have an unconscious habit of popping them one by one by pressing down on the first joint of each finger with my thumb (of the same hand), and then my thumb by making a fist with my thumb on the inside, not the outside.

Oh god. It grosses me out so much when people do this. It's like, why are you doing this to yourself? That can't be good for you. >_>

I really can't help it. My joints get really stiff for some reason, and aren't 100% mobile until I loosen them up. The popping noise just happens to come with that.

On that note, my left wrist and right ankle make noises every time I move them a certain way.

GameMasta
02-20-2009, 02:35 AM
None for me.

rubah
02-20-2009, 02:44 AM
it's just something to do. I really enjoy cracking some joints somewhere on my back after I've been sitting in my chair too long; stand on one leg and swing the other back as far as possible!

Alex151
02-20-2009, 03:05 AM
I crack my knuckles, all except for my right thumb. I sprained it real bad a long time ago and it still hurts when I try to crack it.

I can also crack my big toes, a bit wierd I know

Shiny
02-20-2009, 04:19 AM
I crack my fingers. My mom said that if you do that you get man hands, but she's a woman. What did she know? :freak:

Fonzie
02-20-2009, 04:21 AM
Cracking my toes is reminiscent of a Dragonforce song.

blackmage_nuke
02-20-2009, 04:25 AM
I do the action where I interlock my fingers and stretch it out infront of me to do the cracking motion but I cant actually crack my fingers so I just say "crack" in hopes that the onamatapoeia will compensate for the real thing.

scrumpleberry
02-20-2009, 12:06 PM

It's releasing trapped nitrogen bubbles in the joints, it's not actually the joint itself cracking but the bubbles popping that makes the crack. There's supposedly no medical benefits or drawbacks to doing it, but my fingers always just feel much less stiff after I've cracked.

I used to do my neck as well, but I can't anymore.

Montoya
02-24-2009, 12:00 AM
Ahh popping the lower back. Nothing is more satisfying and painful.

crono_logical
02-24-2009, 12:21 AM
I usually crack knuckles, 2nd finger joint (but not the top one), neck, back, ankles, elbows but not knees, and sometimes toes :p

I don't think I've met anyone else that cracks their finger joints (not knuckles) yet :p I crack those ones by applying pressure at a 90 degree angle to the natural direction it bends, rather than with or against for the knuckles :p

The Man
02-24-2009, 12:22 AM
Every time I see this thread I think it's about Paul Knox and then I'm disappointed when I find out it isn't.

Also I used to crack my knuckles, but I don't really anymore.

I Took the Red Pill
02-24-2009, 12:33 AM
I don't think I've met anyone else that cracks their finger joints (not knuckles) yet :p I crack those ones by applying pressure at a 90 degree angle to the natural direction it bends, rather than with or against for the knuckles :pI do this. :-)

Rase
02-24-2009, 12:49 AM
I crack every joint from the wrist up regularly, along with the toes. Everything else that cracks (knees, elbows, ankles, ec.) happens naturally, usually after not moving for a while and then getting up to do something.

Moon Rabbits
02-24-2009, 01:20 PM
I don't think I've met anyone else that cracks their finger joints (not knuckles) yet :p I crack those ones by applying pressure at a 90 degree angle to the natural direction it bends, rather than with or against for the knuckles :p

I do this all the time. Although, I crack the top joint and not the second one.

I also crack my knuckles and wrists, but my favorite is cracking my neck. So satisfyiiiiiiiiiing~~ Sometimes if I am on the bus and fidgety I will crack most of my joints and get weird looks because usually my joints crack very loud.

Blue Harvest
02-24-2009, 02:01 PM
I do the action where I interlock my fingers and stretch it out infront of me to do the cracking motion but I cant actually crack my fingers so I just say "crack" in hopes that the onamatapoeia will compensate for the real thing.

This.