PDA

View Full Version : [Art] A few sketches i drew

play-on-4eva
02-22-2009, 04:06 PM
hi, i thought i'd post a picture i drew up here so that i could get feedback on it and some tips for improvement. i think this is ok but nothing special and any critisism would be appreciated.
sorry that its on a seperate link but it was over the 512kb limit.
will post some more up shortly.

Snow Day by ~Play-on-4eva on deviantART (http://play-on-4eva.deviantart.com/art/Snow-Day-113765769)

update: Untitled by ~Play-on-4eva on deviantART (http://play-on-4eva.deviantart.com/art/Untitled-113899918)

Balzac
02-22-2009, 04:18 PM
Posting them may help ;P

play-on-4eva
02-22-2009, 04:41 PM
yeah sorry about that i didnt realise they were too big for the forums to upload directly and had to find a deviant art profile to upload it on.

Gullick
02-23-2009, 08:21 AM
I like it, the classroom scene is awesome and the girls expression is pretty cool.

Im a beginner myself, so saying how to improve sounds a little harsh coming from me, these guys can tell you to improve better than i can. But a few things i noticed:

Her ear looks like it goes up and straight down, making it very small, I was always taught to make it from about eyebrow height to the bottom of the nose.

The nose and the mouth are a little too off centre, try bringing in the nose a little bit.

This might just be cause of deviantart, but it looks like the top of her head is a little flat. Remember theres a skull underneath the head and the hair would have some volume, so make it come off the skull a little bit. A great tutorial to show that kind of thing is YouTube - Bad to Better - BETTER version! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtuVE20qnfE)

The strands in her fringe don't seem to flow in roughly the same direction (looks a little like her hair is wet and is stuck to her forehead)...I'm not really sure how to describe a better way to do it cause i suck with hair, I'd say your best bet is to look up markcrilley on Youtube, hes got some pretty cool tutorials on it.

But yea, this is a really cool drawing, I really like the two close ups of the eye and the mouth...i may have to steal that sometime :P

Keep it up =]

play-on-4eva
02-23-2009, 05:55 PM
yeah thanks for the pointers, i've watched mark crilleys videos quite a bit and try to copy some of the stuff and its actually from his manga i got the extreme close up idea. i'll try to remember your points for my next picture.

Jirito
04-06-2009, 05:35 PM
Your drawing are lovely, likes mine when I was in a junior high school and loved to read shoujo mangas.:love: It's not perfect, but good for the start though.:)

The easiest way to improve your drawing skill is to copy (in a good way). Go find a work of your favorite artist and try to copy it, something might off at first but when your drawing are really similar to the work, memorise it and draw without looking the model. Keep doing this method until your drawing style is look like that artist, then find another artist who you think that his/her skill is better then the old one. Keep on doing this, and then when you think your skill is good enough, go find your own style...every styles that are mixing in yours will create the unique one or you'll know which style suit you well. ;)

"Practice makes perfect."