PDA

View Full Version : What stat determines how many spells are drawn when you use draw?

blackmage_nuke
02-23-2009, 10:07 AM
I have never truly known. Im assuming its a stat.

TheSpoonyBard
02-23-2009, 10:36 AM
Mag. Though it only affects the amount drawn in battles. Draw points in the field generally have a variable yield within a small range.

blackmage_nuke
02-23-2009, 10:38 AM
Groovy

Nominus Experse
02-23-2009, 10:52 AM
I never knew that it was dependent upon an actual stat... Interesting.

Loony BoB
02-23-2009, 12:09 PM
I imagine it still varies though. I'm almost certain I didn't get the same amount every time. Probably a range dependant on magic stat.

TheSpoonyBard
02-23-2009, 01:46 PM
Yea, there is a range. The amount you draw also depends on the level of magic you're drawing. For example, you might have 100 Mag and be able to draw 9 Scans, 3 Flares or 1 Ultima.

Lacarus
02-23-2009, 02:36 PM
With 9 as the maximum. Draw points can have many different ranges. The Ultima Draw point in Shumi Village usually gave me 11-12 Ultimas, but sometimes only six, while draw points on the ICTH/H usually gave me 3-5 Ultimas. And some draw points can only be used once.

Rocket Edge
02-23-2009, 06:20 PM
Yeah, the stat is that of Magic. Harder spells require a bigger Magic stat to keep drawing 9 at a turn. Draw points are a lottery.

Iceglow
02-24-2009, 10:51 AM
It seems to me that the amount of magic drawn in battle is also reliant on the enemies spirit stat for some reason (possibly their magic stat though) The reason being, in my recent play file my party although early on is drawing pretty much 9 of every spell I encounter each round of combat, but when I decided to build up a stock pile of protects, ensunas, shells, doubles in the dollet mission I could draw maybe 1 - 3 from the enemies with my awesomely high "draw 9" mag stat the bosses on the Dollet mission atop the tower have quite good mag and spirit stats so I figure these affect your draw rates as well same goes with Diablo. If you're wondering what I had junctioned to Mag to make my magic stat awesome I think I had either Tornado/Quake/Water on it at the time. Considering the fake president Deling doesn't have an awesome mag or spirit stat even when he turns in to the undead being and I was drawing 9 of each spell from him I'd say thats pretty much a good indicator of the enemies spirit and magic stats also affecting draw.

Lacarus
02-24-2009, 11:14 AM
That seems plausible, as you can also use Draw Cast to use the monster magic against themselves which occasionally fails, possibly due to high spr/mag stats.

Jessweeee♪
02-27-2009, 01:29 AM
This explains why drawing from Diablos almost always fails for me :</>|

...speakin' of Diablos, why does he Cure me whenever I Demi him?

Lacarus
02-27-2009, 11:23 AM
Because it tickles. And he's thankful for that. I dunno. Diablos can be a mystery. Sometimes he'll just let you hack away at him and not return the attacks. Sometimes he'll use Gravija two times in a row and finish you of with three quick physical attacks.

Melodies_of_life
02-27-2009, 01:41 PM
Wow... it depends on a stat?? This is news to me. I seriously thought that it was just random.

Rocket Edge
02-27-2009, 02:12 PM
You play Diablos pretty early in the game, and Demi is semi-advanced magic. Drawing 9 at a turn from him would just require a good magic stat, but its not common to have that when you recieve the lamp at the time.

Iceglow
02-28-2009, 10:51 PM
Drawing and stocking magic from something as awesome as Diablos in the early part of the game is pretty impressive. It takes a bit more power to draw for stock than to cast it right back at him and so drawing it will make him heal you, it's kinda an easter egg from square.

TheSpoonyBard
02-28-2009, 11:14 PM
Or an exploitable game mechanic that makes it easier to gain access to Diablos as soon as you receive the Magical Lamp.

The Last Oath
03-01-2009, 09:38 AM
Preety sure when I had a very high mag stat for quistis on one play-over she was drawing 7-9 spells per draw. When zell, who I focused on increasing his str and vit, drew magic he got 1-4 very more often then he did anything above 7 and never 9.