PDA

View Full Version : All in one ps3 game

Darknight32
02-23-2009, 04:44 PM
do you think there is ever going to be a ps3 game with final fantasys 1 - 9 or something along those lines?

Wolf Kanno
02-23-2009, 05:31 PM
If they were just direct ports of the original games (meaning we might get a localized version of the NES version of FFIII) its possible but overall, I feel its highly unlikely since SE could easily make way more money by selling ports and remakes of the titles individually. Their is also DLC now, so its more likely we will see sets of the titles through the download networks rather than a beautiful box set with cool extras. Then again, the 25th anniversary is around the corner.

Jessweeee♪
02-23-2009, 07:28 PM
Maybe for the thirtieth anniversary. Or probably at the same time as their final numbered Final Fantasy :p

Bolivar
02-23-2009, 10:26 PM
When you look at the massive storage of blu-ray, i'd say yeah it's possible, i think you're going to start seeing multi-generational compilations of games, like up to X and XII on one disc.

Although FFIII presents a problem since the only versions are the original NES, which no one would want to play, and the DS remake, which Nintendo wouldn't let happen. So it's tough.

Digital Distribution is just as likely, but we've yet to see it. I think once FFXIII is released we'll start seeing more of these things on the PSN Store and XBL Arcade.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-23-2009, 11:12 PM
To think this will happen in the foreseeable future is to fail to understand how Square Enix does business. You're looking at full-price stand-alone ports and remakes, if any at all, forever.