PDA

View Full Version : *Gasp* Commodore 64 on the Virtual Console!

KentaRawr!
02-23-2009, 05:10 PM
Commodore 64 games on Virtual Console for Wii (http://www.vc-reviews.com/systems/c64)

:Eek:

The games on it don't look very good to me. >_> Oh well. Discuss.

Levian
02-23-2009, 05:17 PM
I used to love California games and Winter games, but I don't think I'd enjoy them much if I played them again now.

They should release more N64 games dammit. Majora's Mask and Goldeneye especially.

DK
02-23-2009, 05:23 PM
WHERE THE FUCK IS DIZZY THE EGG :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

I Don't Need A Name
02-23-2009, 06:06 PM
I CONCUR!

KentaRawr!
02-23-2009, 07:28 PM
I used to love California games and Winter games, but I don't think I'd enjoy them much if I played them again now.

They should release more N64 games dammit. Majora's Mask and Goldeneye especially.

I doubt Goldeneye will be appearing, as if I remember correctly, Microsoft proposed a deal to allow Nintendo to have Goldeneye be released on its VC at the same time as Microsoft released it on their Arcade, and Nintendo refused. Also, considering that no N64 game released on the VC so far has emulated a Save Pak (such as with Mario Kart 64), I doubt they'd go so far as to emulate the expansion pack required to play Majora's Mask. :(

edczxcvbnm
02-23-2009, 09:06 PM
This is cool but the price tag is outlandish! I loved playing summer games when I was a kid and probably still would but 500 points is just far too much. Try 50 or 100 points and then we have a reasonable price for an emulated game that is ancient. I think all of their games are way over priced anyway though but I would rather pirate all this crap rather than pay an absorbent amount of money for these things I might play for 1 hour every few years.

EDIT: YouTube - C64 Longplay - Montezumas Revenge (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FXwv7uOUQk)

This was one of my favorite games growing up. I could never beat it but one time I got really far and the game went haywire and the graphics screwed up and everything. I went back up the ladder and things were fine but down the ladder it was this blue knightmare of who knows what XD

KentaRawr!
02-23-2009, 11:59 PM
Montezuma's Revenge looks like a lot of fun.

Shoeberto
02-24-2009, 12:15 AM
Nintendo just saw their monthly virtual console sales shoot up by three!

Rase
02-24-2009, 12:51 AM
Oh look, I don't care.

Brandless Goods
02-24-2009, 01:22 AM

I doubt Goldeneye will be appearing, as if I remember correctly, Microsoft proposed a deal to allow Nintendo to have Goldeneye be released on its VC at the same time as Microsoft released it on their Arcade, and Nintendo refused. Also, considering that no N64 game released on the VC so far has emulated a Save Pak (such as with Mario Kart 64), I doubt they'd go so far as to emulate the expansion pack required to play Majora's Mask. :(

The expansion pack for Majora's mask is just Ram. There's nothing to emulate.

KentaRawr!
02-24-2009, 01:47 AM

The expansion pack for Majora's mask is just Ram. There's nothing to emulate.

Oh. n_n; Silly me.

Rase
02-24-2009, 03:22 AM
Oh look, I don't care.
But you still feel the need to post in order to up your post count, I suppose... Kudos.
Nope, I post in order to let my opinion (that I don't care about the inclusion of Commodore 64 games on the VC) be known. I was under the impression that was the point of this thread, to hear the opinions of others on the topic. If I cared about my post count I'd be on the boards more.

However, just for you I'll elaborate: I think that the inclusion of C64 games is utterly pointless and a waste of time, especially given the outrageous price they decided on for them. Any resources put toward this could be put toward any number of other things that in my opinion are much more worthwhile. Better?

Momiji
02-24-2009, 05:18 AM
Meh.

Tell me when they start putting MS-DOS and PC-98 games on there. That will make me interested. :p