PDA

View Full Version : Official English site

Wolf Kanno
02-24-2009, 05:37 AM
I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet, but the official English Dissidia site has finally opened, even though there isn't much there at the moment...

DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY | SQUARE ENIX (http://na.square-enix.com/dissidia/)

Jessweeee♪
02-24-2009, 11:03 PM
Why just the two characters? ;_;

Wolf Kanno
02-25-2009, 06:02 AM
Their probably trying to relive the suspense of the Japanese site... forgetting that most people who are interested in the title have been following it religiously for the last couple of months. ;)

Skyblade
02-25-2009, 05:17 PM
They say "full site coming soon". I'll be willing to wait for translated videos and character descriptions for quite a while as long as it helps them get the English version of the game out faster. ;)

Jessweeee♪
02-25-2009, 06:24 PM
Soon like a week before it's released, I bet ;_;!

Wolf Kanno
02-25-2009, 06:46 PM
If its like the Japanese site, then yes... :eep:

Skyblade
02-26-2009, 05:15 PM
The Japanese site got another update with several new gameplay videos.

sdm42393
03-01-2009, 05:11 PM
Am I the only one who hates Square's fancy, flashy sites?

Wolf Kanno
03-02-2009, 03:51 AM
Well, at least they load faster than the Prinny site. :D

black orb
03-06-2009, 08:41 PM
Am I the only one who hates Square's fancy, flashy sites?
>>> Yeah, all those flash-made websites are getting on my nerves..

Wolf Kanno
04-06-2009, 05:39 AM
The Main site has officially opened and been updated. There is a bit more stuff. A Teaser trailer, two wallpapers and the character section now has FFII and III characters as well as FFI's.

It loads pretty slowly but I find that shutting off the music makes everything work faster.

Wolf Kanno
05-22-2009, 09:08 PM
Another update to the English site.

FFIV-VI are added to the character spotlight section. Still no confirmation on VA but the site has announced August 25th as the release date in NA.

Skyblade
05-24-2009, 03:30 PM
The main site's description of Kefka is awesome: "his main skill seems to be to annoy his opponents with his contemptuous manner".

Skyblade
06-15-2009, 11:31 PM
Forgive the double post, but the main site has been updated again. Basic description of the combat system, new screenshots, new trailer, and all non-secret characters are up.

Depression Moon
06-16-2009, 03:30 AM
Is there going to be a PSN port?

roen
06-20-2009, 09:19 PM
Isn't it going to be a psp game and it has Zidane in it!!! If only there was Vivi.

*Devore*
07-11-2009, 01:54 AM
Im surpised by the act that I like Zidane's voice. I had a felling that they might make him have a high pitched and slightly gay voice, but im glad I was wrong.

GABRANTH! one of the best bad guys ever. I really like his finishing moves, they are just like Basch's Quickening moves.

Jecht, as a bad guy. I can see why they did it but in FFX I cant say that he was really a bad guy at all. More like a good guy who had no choice but to do bad things.

Skyblade
07-11-2009, 03:11 AM
Jecht, as a bad guy. I can see why they did it but in FFX I cant say that he was really a bad guy at all. More like a good guy who had no choice but to do bad things.

That aspect of Jecht's character will come across in Dissidia. There will be a lot of similarity between the journeys of the characters in Dissidia and those character's original journeys. Not necessarily the same events, but definitely the same personalities and themes.

sdm42393
07-14-2009, 08:46 PM
I don't understand why most people hate Zidane's voice.
I thought it suited him quite well, better than a higher-pitched
voice would have.

Seriously guys, he's sixteen, not twelve. :)

Skyblade
07-15-2009, 06:01 AM
voice would have.

Who said they didn't like his voice?

*Devore*
07-16-2009, 09:11 AM
voice would have.

I really Liked his voice, I was surprised that it suited him.

There's too many english voice actor haters. Always saying that they dont like the english voice and that the japanese voice is better, but most of the time its because they hear the jap voice first and so whenever they see a character, their brain remembers the jap voice.

sdm42393
07-16-2009, 10:38 PM
voice would have.

The Wapanese people on YouTube.

Skyblade
07-26-2009, 11:31 PM
Main Site has been updated with a lot more system info, including a link to the online instruction manual for the demo, which has the control combos for all of the demo character's abilities for both Normal and Hard modes! Very, very handy.

Note: It leaves out mention of one of Terra's Branching Abilities. Her Down Circle move Holy can go to chase mode or chain to Meteor, but once Meteor is done, it can chain to Ultima by pressing Square after Meteor hits.

Secondary Note: There is a typo on Cecil's Page. His HP attacks are listed as being performed with Circle instead of Square.