PDA

View Full Version : Retro Game Challenge

KentaRawr!
02-25-2009, 12:41 AM
When I first saw the trailer for this game, I had thought it was a collection of old NES games, as it didn't give the titles of the games, but showed clips of them in gameplay. I saw a game in it that looked exactly like Ninja Gaiden, and another that looked like Galaga, and was just like "Oh, it's a game collection. Mmkay." However, it's actually a collection of new games created with the limitations of Famicom Hardware, and in the style of old Famicom games. I was wondering if anybody here has played it, and what they think of the games on it. (Specifcally, I'd like to know what you guys think of Guadia Quest and Haggle Man 3. :p)

It's based off of a Japanese T.V. show in which the host, Arino, plays various video games (which are normally old) and tries to complete various challenges. In this game, apparently he's some kind of gaming guru, and you play video games with his child-hood self, or something. The games themselves, while new, are given fake release dates. There are also little company names that appear that spoof real-world game companies, like with Simplesoft.

Anyway, what do you guys think of it?

Rase
02-25-2009, 02:14 AM
I've been following this since I heard about it on Retronauts a while back. Sounds like fun, and the included manuals and stuff (in game I'm assuming) sound pretty sweet. If I can find it for decently cheap I'm definitely going to pick this one up.