PDA

View Full Version : Not to sound like a rabid fanboy but....

Crimson
02-25-2009, 07:02 AM
I seriously think Versus is going to be awesome, I love how Nomura is going for a darker tone thats rarely present in most FF's.

Wolf Kanno
02-25-2009, 06:08 PM
I feel the title looks promising but I cannot say I feel the title is truly darker. A little blood doesn't denote dark and mature in my eyes. Needs more plot info, I will have to wait for the title to be released to make a fair assessment.

I still wish to see gameplay footage. :mad2:

Bolivar
02-25-2009, 08:58 PM
It's gonna be off the hook.

Jessweeee♪
02-26-2009, 11:22 PM
Eeeeeee!

Roogle
02-26-2009, 11:31 PM
Has there been any gameplay footage released of the game so far?

Wolf Kanno
02-27-2009, 05:07 AM
Has there been any gameplay footage released of the game so far?

Not that I'm aware of. I believe the recent Jump Fiesta trailers are the most recent offerings from SE.

Melodies_of_life
02-27-2009, 01:36 PM
I think Versus looks amazing!! I can't wait! ^_^

The only thing about gameplay that we have seen (or that I have found) with the gameplay on Versus 13 is here...

New FFXIII & Versus XIII images from Cloud, including gameplay pics - Joystiq [PlayStation] (http://playstation.joystiq.com/2008/12/11/new-ffxiii-and-versus-xiii-images-from-cloud-including-gameplay-p/)

The pictures aren't very big but you can still what some of them are.

Moon Rabbits
04-13-2009, 03:44 AM
I seriously think Versus is going to be awesome, I love how Nomura is going for a darker tone thats rarely present in most FF's.

Wut? FFIV, VI, VII, VIII, and X all had some pretty heavy subject matter > _>

LostAmy
06-17-2009, 05:10 PM

Wut? FFIV, VI, VII, VIII, and X all had some pretty heavy subject matter > _>Agreed. I mean Versus looks amazing but I haven't seen any footage yet that looks as dark as the World of Ruin in FFVI. Not to mention all the human experiments, gas chambers, Jenova cells, and dark character back stories in FFVII. These games were pretty much the definition of "a darker tone".

Sword
07-01-2009, 03:25 AM

FFX wasn't dark. It was like a childrens cartoon.

VeloZer0
07-01-2009, 03:27 AM

Ditto. I also notice that IX didn't make the list, which despite its art style had a very dark story.

Brennan
07-01-2009, 04:36 AM
I don't think FFXIII Versus is going to have that serious of a story, but two games that have serious stories are Lost Odyssey and Drakengard, but Drakengard has a... twisted story, at least in Japan, in the States, the twistedness is dumbed down significantly.

Zerokku
07-01-2009, 05:27 PM
I'm getting a bit tired of all the over the top melodrama in a lot of JRPG's, so I'm not terribly excited for Versus XIII, since it's a nomura directed game and he tends to turn it to 11.

Depression Moon
07-01-2009, 06:23 PM

What? It had heavy emphasis on death, religion, forgiveness, and existence.

Skyblade
07-01-2009, 08:13 PM
Since when is relegion "dark"? Serious, perhaps, but not dark.

Wolf Kanno
07-02-2009, 01:02 AM
FFX had the "kiddy" version of the religion cliche. Play FFT, Vagrant Story, and Xenogears; those games had controversial religious themes. Most of the main numbered FFs have always had a muted version of serious storylines. Even XII, which is probably one of the most mature FFs feels like the "kid version" of a Matsuno title.

Zerokku
07-02-2009, 03:48 AM
FFX had the "kiddy" version of the religion cliche. Play FFT, Vagrant Story, and Xenogears; those games had controversial religious themes. Most of the main numbered FFs have always had a muted version of serious storylines. Even XII, which is probably one of the most mature FFs feels like the "kid version" of a Matsuno title.

That's likely because Squeenix took over development when matsuno fell ill halfway through, as well as completely overrode his original vision for XII. It was originally supposed to be quite "grimdark" just like Tactics.

Sword
07-13-2009, 02:03 AM
That's likely because Squeenix took over development when matsuno fell ill halfway through, as well as completely overrode his original vision for XII. It was originally supposed to be quite "grimdark" just like Tactics.
Aw now that you've said that I'm now extra disappointed in FFXII. :(

Jiro
07-13-2009, 11:11 AM
Noctis seems like a character I'll enjoy playing as. I'm more interested to see character personalities and storyline these days, so I'm not too fussed on what the gameplay will be like at this stage.

There are claims of Versus having darker subject matter, but the only evidence I've seen is all the pictures are black :p

Zerokku
07-14-2009, 10:36 PM
Aw now that you've said that I'm now extra disappointed in FFXII. :(

If Matsuno had been around for the whole thing, and if squeenix had let him have his way with the game in general, it probably would have been one of the most amazing games in the series.

Old Manus
09-05-2009, 12:18 AM
I hope you guys all anticipate that by 'dark tone' we're just gonna have more GRIMDARK dystopia boredom and extremely emo characters.

sir helix
09-05-2009, 04:22 AM
if its anything like previous title then we will have;

1- an anti verbal hero
2- a girl thats a hardass/ girl that has no reason to be on the battle field
3- a relative that threatens the hero
4- multi belts and zippers
5- a story that seams complex till the middle point of the game.
6- a boss after the boss that kicks your ass, (Boss 2 will have absolutly nothing to do with the story)
8- an anoying party member that sucks till the end, and when you actuley need them their to weak to use.
9- a lunatic wanting to distroy the world.
10- A certain dragon that you know is gonna show up (or just his/her name)

Aquila
11-20-2009, 03:57 PM
Versus story is based on Hamlet , I think.
Because they use Shakespeare's quote from Hamlet "There is nothing either good or bad , but thinking makes it so."

As fas as we see , I know we have our thoughts coming up on first time when we saw the trailer that it's great , wow the main character rocks , I like his sword. Something like that. And I'm so impressive that finally Nomura decided to make up the darker FF.

Couldn't agree more with you , because all you said is right. Versus is so so amazing.

And for the romance in versus , I bet there's gonna be little romance , and not like ffx's romance style.Versus's romance is gonna be in mature and complex style for sure.

bridders
11-21-2009, 01:12 PM
When I first saw the trailers for both XIII and Versus, I instantly got the impression that XIII was gonna be the more magical and emotional title, whereas Versus would be a more serious, darker title with more emphasis on technology than magic.
I've got to say though, Sir Helix, for such a negative comment on the FF series why do you play them and why are you on a forum for a website dedicated to FF?

Formalhaut
11-23-2009, 05:07 PM
I Too Am looking Foward To Versus. Noctics (What A Cool Name) Seems Quite Enjoyable To Play. Sure Hes Abit Emo But Who Cares? Im Sure He Will Brighten Up By The End At least.

And If They Do Put Love In (They Will) Then I Hope Its More Mature And Grown-Up. None Of This Silly Flirting In A Alley Somewhere Sort Of Deal.

Dreddz
11-24-2009, 06:03 PM
I definitely prefer the darker look they are giving to Versus XIII but Ill wait till we see some actually in-game footage before passing judgement. I have a feeling it'll just play like Kingdom Hearts to be honest :eep:

Wolf Kanno
11-24-2009, 07:40 PM
I don't see it playing as KH2 to be a bad thing, they are adding FPS elements and a party system as well so it will be interesting to see. Its a shame the only in-gmae battle footage they have is experimental and only serves as an idea of what they are trying to do...

My only fear is that it will be blatantly as broken as KH2 and button mashing your way through every battle will be the norm...