PDA

View Full Version : A Perfect Day For Banana Fish

Red Fox In Disguise
02-25-2009, 03:04 PM
Hello one and all :D
due to the complete and utter fail of my laptop it has been an age and a half since i visited the fair land of EOFF. Computers are indeed the bane of my existance, anywhoo i digress. Because of my lack of internets I read, lots, including this great short story called 'A Perfect Day For Banana Fish' by J.D. Salinger. To put it simply it blew my mind. It confused the hell out of me but it was really interesting.

Here's a link to the story on the interwebz, I reccomend reading it if you haven't :D

J. D. Salinger: A Perfect Day for Bananafish (http://www.freeweb.hu/tchl/salinger/perfectday.html)

If you have read it, and I won't spoil it for people who haven't, whats your opinion on the ending, why did he do it? Also what on earth have banana fish got to do with anything in the first place?

These are the questions that haunt me :p

louby_4eva
02-26-2009, 11:13 AM
That was so incredibly weird :S I can't answer your questions because I am just as puzzled. Quite an interesting read though :D :D :D

Smile and Be happy :love:

blackmage_nuke
02-26-2009, 12:12 PM
I found it puzzling but far more enjoyable than Catcher in the Rye

Red Fox In Disguise
02-26-2009, 08:29 PM
That was so incredibly weird :S I can't answer your questions because I am just as puzzled. Quite an interesting read though :D :D :D

Indeed, its still puzzling me quite a lot :D

I found it puzzling but far more enjoyable than Catcher in the Rye

Hmm, I liked Catcher in the Rye, but the random nature of this meant i enjoyed this more I think

eestlinc
02-27-2009, 08:10 AM
great story. You should check out the rest of the Nine Stories too. "Teddy" is great, and "For Esme, With Love and Squalor."