PDA

View Full Version : MSN Hacked

Jiro
02-27-2009, 01:50 PM
Somehow people have hacked my MSN. Apparently they can link into my conversations, but I think they've got more access to my computer than that. I'm unsure as to how many there are, but they seem to have had access to my MSN Logs and so I doubt other files are out of their reach.

What the heck do I do about them? I feel a little violated by this, no privacy D:

I'm running my virus scanners, but is there any info you guys have on who/what this is and how I fix/prevent it?

Balzac
02-27-2009, 03:44 PM
Change your password to something more difficult. :P

Loony BoB
02-27-2009, 04:48 PM
How many other people use your PC? How many people have access to it? How often do you accept files from people on MSN?

Jiro
02-28-2009, 11:18 AM
I managed to get rid of them, I'm not sure what exactly did it. My brother and I are the only ones using this computer, and I don't accept files much over MSN. He probably does, but he's been really sick for a week so it wasn't him.

Balzac, it wasn't my password that was the problem. They were talking as me at the same time as I was logged in. I managed to coax out a little bit of information. They were basically piggybacking my account, so they could sit in on conversations. Weird :p

Renmiri
02-28-2009, 11:37 PM
Use passwords on your wireless (WPA)

Mirage
03-01-2009, 12:00 AM
Sounds very much like your account got hijacked. They somehow found out your password and logged in as you. With the newest MSN, you can be logged in at two locations at the same time, this wasn't possible earlier.