PDA

View Full Version : Spectral Keeper

Rebellious Eagle
02-28-2009, 08:55 PM
So, I've been stuck on this boss for the past few days. It always pretty much wipes out all my characters with one hit except for Auron, usually. I guess this is because I'm underleveled, with my strongest character, Auron, having about 3,600 HP. I've tried to go and level up in the Zanarkand Ruins, but all the creatures there pretty much wipe the floor with me. Any tips or suggestions?

blackmage_nuke
02-28-2009, 10:33 PM
Have you tried filling the overdrive bar of all your aeons and characters before you enter the fight and then unleashing a series of overdrives?

Big D
02-28-2009, 10:39 PM
Have you tried filling the overdrive bar of all your aeons and characters before you enter the fight and then unleashing a series of overdrives?This would be a good strategy for beating the monsters in the ruins, to gain some much-needed levels.

If you can't win against the regular encounters, then you're not likely to beat the Spectral Keeper. And, without spoiling anything, there's a uniquely challenging boss fight coming up where you definitely won't want to be under-levelled.

Masamunemaster
03-01-2009, 10:51 AM
yea the next battle will make you break stuff if you cant wipe the floor with the keeper

Rebellious Eagle
03-01-2009, 04:08 PM
Okay, well, I've been leveling up like crazy to get some skills. I was just curious if Auron's Zombie Attack and Phoenix Down combo would kill it. xP

DarkBahamut
03-10-2009, 05:35 AM
I like the overdrive idea.

Lacarus
03-10-2009, 11:11 AM
Okay, well, I've been leveling up like crazy to get some skills. I was just curious if Auron's Zombie Attack and Phoenix Down combo would kill it. xP
Probably not. Take it's HP down with Overdrive, then unleash Bahamut for the Overkill.

TheSpoonyBard
03-10-2009, 11:45 AM
Before you start, Auron needs Provoke and a Berserk Ward armour.

Position your characters one tile apart so the Keeper's physical attacks only hit one character. Cast Protect on Auron and have him Provoke Spectral Keeper. The Berserk Ward will stop Auron being inflicted with that status. Attack with Auron and another character while the third heals Auron.

If the glyph mines appear under your characters, summon an aeon to take the bullet. It's good if they have an OD to use before they get blown up. Reapply Protect and Provoke as necessary.