PDA

View Full Version : Scenes you wish you could skip good gawd

Levian
03-02-2009, 11:09 PM
The stars in the introduction lasts too long, I want to see Aeris' green face dammit.

Watching The Midgar Railway System with Jesse. IT'S NOT THAT INTERESTING, JESSE.

Flying Mullet
03-02-2009, 11:12 PM
The entire Nieblehiem flashback. It was cool the first couple of times I played, but now it's just boring.

Carl the Llama
03-02-2009, 11:12 PM
the flash back at Kalm... I hate that more then anything lol

EDIT: damnit mully beat me to it lol.

Saber
03-02-2009, 11:38 PM
I wish I could get past the stars after you beat the game. You know the endless stars after you see red XIII and his pups (whats up with that?). They never go away. I only want a new game plus god spam it.

MJN SEIFER
03-04-2009, 08:58 PM
The scene where you have to sneak past those Shinra guards, because I suck, and can never get past them.

Other than that, there weren't any parts I really wish I could skip, in FFVII, there's not much for VIII either.

Vermachtnis
03-04-2009, 09:51 PM
Fort Condor, at least you only have to do it twice.

Wolf Kanno
03-04-2009, 10:12 PM
The entire second disc. Its when everything falls apart for me: story gameplay, character development...

Though to be honest, I feel VIII had more pointless cutscenes and story segments than VII did. The fact I have a scratch during one of the games several 30 to 120 seconds long cutscenes that are everywhere in that title doesn't help... :eep:

Aerith's Knight
03-04-2009, 10:42 PM
The entire Nieblehiem flashback. It was cool the first couple of times I played, but now it's just boring.

Zeromus_X
03-05-2009, 01:03 AM
I think scene skip in newer games has spoiled me; I find it harder and harder to replay my favorite games when I have to mash through every cutscene.

Anyways,

MJN SEIFER
03-06-2009, 09:29 PM

You only have to do it once!

Jessweeee♪
03-07-2009, 06:12 AM

Yeah, I wouldn't find it half as annoying if it weren't for the random battles that you can't even participate in.

Levian
03-07-2009, 06:27 AM
I wouldn't find it half as annoying if the circular stairs in the shinra mansion was an elevator instead. :D

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-07-2009, 07:00 AM

Yeah, I wouldn't find it half as annoying if it weren't for the random battles that you can't even participate in.

Those serve the narrative purpose of showing how ridiculously strong Sephiroth is. And you're not likely to get into more than a few, anyway, since everything is so straightforward.

MJN SEIFER
03-07-2009, 05:01 PM
Yeah, the battles where the only part I didn't like about the flashbacks. I enjoy the rest because now that I know the end I can "put my anorak on" and state: "That happend, that didn't happen, that sort of happend..."

Big D
03-07-2009, 10:41 PM
The Kalm flashback lets you turn Cloud into a creepy pervert who sneaks into Tifa's house and tries on her underwear. That's got to count for something.

champagne supernova
03-09-2009, 12:59 AM
The trips back up and down those stairs in the Kalm flashback are what irritate me the most. Otherwise I can deal with it. The Corel Prison section also irritates me a bit. Otherwise, not much hey. Oh, Yuffie in Wutai. Rage.

Wolf Kanno
03-09-2009, 03:16 AM
The stars in the introduction lasts too long, I want to see Aeris' green face dammit.

If they had kept the prologue message from the Demo, it wouldn't have been so bad. I really liked the prologue :(

Big D
03-09-2009, 06:09 AM

If they had kept the prologue message from the Demo, it wouldn't have been so bad. I really liked the prologue :(I've never read that prologue... what did it say? *curious*

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-09-2009, 06:45 AM
You can see it here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN2tpE4wYxk&fmt=18). I'm glad it was left out of the main game, since it just baldly states plot points that become obvious as the story itself unfolds. I'd rather have the silent wonderment of the cosmos.

MJN SEIFER
03-09-2009, 04:33 PM
Oh, Yuffie in Wutai. Rage.

No one "forces" you to go to Wutai - infact no one forces you to even get Yuffie.

You can see it here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN2tpE4wYxk&fmt=18). I'm glad it was left out of the main game, since it just baldly states plot points that become obvious as the story itself unfolds. I'd rather have the silent wonderment of the cosmos.

Aside, from mentioning Cloud's name, some of it looked pretty good. A bit like how FFVI was introduced. However I think the silent, empty space scene actually compliment some of the later points the game makes - so it works a bit better.

cloud21zidane16
03-09-2009, 08:51 PM
I like most of VII, not much i want to skip, but i get really bored the first time i arrive in Cosmo Canyon now, at the start it feels so long...:eep:

champagne supernova
03-09-2009, 09:02 PM
Oh, Yuffie in Wutai. Rage.

No one "forces" you to go to Wutai - infact no one forces you to even get Yuffie.

Yeah, but it doesn't feel like you've replayed the game if you don't do every side-quest available haha.

The Turk
03-24-2009, 03:40 PM
I always tutted and sighed whenever someone said they wanted to skip the Kalm scene. Why would you want to skip such an awesome part of the game?

But after playing it again I was wrong! Soooo long! God damn it!

Also the lifestream scene goes on forever.

I hate the Great Glacier too but the worst scene for me is the whole Upper Junon sequence. You keep having to walk down that massive road again and again. I don't care about the parade! I don't care about welcoming Rufus! I just want to jump on that damn boat!

Safer_Sephiroth
04-25-2009, 02:02 AM
Corel makes me wanna puke after playing it for the 10th time in my life.

Badge
04-25-2009, 12:40 PM
Final Fantasy VII is like a best friend to me, I wouldn't change any bit of it :(

Heath
04-27-2009, 09:56 AM
I always liked the upper Junon stuff, but I definitely agree with The Turk about the Lifestream scene. I think that, moreso than the Kalm sequence, really annoyed me by how long it took. It's all interesting stuff the first and second times, but it gets a bit laborious after that. Not that it's a badly done sequence or anything, just I know what's coming and don't get so much out of it any more.

MJN SEIFER
04-27-2009, 02:07 PM
All though I don't wish I could skip it (as it's an important, and usually interesting scene), but I now wish there was a chance to save straight after those "ilusions" in North Cave (before the Weapons awaken), mostly because I had been on that damn section for ages (I had to keep doing other things, and had to turn off.) I'm past it now though.

Seriously I like that scene, but I was seeing it every day.

Gullick
04-27-2009, 05:26 PM
The Kalm flashback. Like people have said, it was cool the first time, the second and maybe even the third...but by then we all know what happens, lets just move on and get to the Fort Condor battles!

Shadowdust
04-28-2009, 07:12 AM
I often end up stopping when reaching Wall Market and having to deal with the whole cross dressing portion. It's just so friggin' boring and pointless. Just bust in there already! I don't mind the Nibelheim flashback so much.

Jessweeee♪
04-28-2009, 09:05 PM
I always liked the upper Junon stuff, but I definitely agree with The Turk about the Lifestream scene. I think that, moreso than the Kalm sequence, really annoyed me by how long it took. It's all interesting stuff the first and second times, but it gets a bit laborious after that. Not that it's a badly done sequence or anything, just I know what's coming and don't get so much out of it any more.

Hahaha but Cloud's face when Tifa's pushing him in his wheel chair is priceless xD

Breine
04-30-2009, 10:26 PM

Oh God yes! I never really cared for that part.

Carl the Llama
04-30-2009, 10:29 PM

fort condor is easy with the right set up and a big wallet, just make 1 soldier then start and keep makeing soldies lower and lower on the map till you get right to the bottom, if you kill the first 2 enemies before any more appear then you will win straight away.

I Don't Need A Name
04-30-2009, 10:55 PM
the whole game please

Vermachtnis
04-30-2009, 11:28 PM

fort condor is easy with the right set up and a big wallet, just make 1 soldier then start and keep makeing soldies lower and lower on the map till you get right to the bottom, if you kill the first 2 enemies before any more appear then you will win straight away.

Difficulty's not the problem. It's the length. Even with the speed on high, the units move to slowly. I get bored after a couple of minutes and it's not even close being halfway finished at that point.

Breine
05-01-2009, 09:32 AM

Difficulty's not the problem. It's the length. Even with the speed on high, the units move to slowly. I get bored after a couple of minutes and it's not even close being halfway finished at that point.

Yeah, it's got nothing to do with the difficulty level of it - it's just plain ol' boring!

Jiro
05-01-2009, 11:31 AM
I've managed to finish the first couple of battles at Fort Condor with only 11 troops (each battle), and killed them all before the boss comes. I think I only lost one unit total too.

That being said, it starts to grate after a while. It's not fun enough, nor are the rewards overly worth it.