PDA

View Full Version : I just heard a rumor I really dont want to believe

Masamunemaster
03-03-2009, 03:45 AM
I was just told by someone I know that the greatest show ever, Heroes, may be getting taken off the air due to the lack of viewers and to many main characters...does anyone know what is happening...I really dont want to lose my favorite show ever

Miriel
03-03-2009, 07:29 AM
I haven't heard anything about Heroes being canceled, but it really should be. That show should be put out of its misery.

Yar
03-03-2009, 07:41 AM
Would make sense though. NBC's strapped for cash and big time dramas are expensive.

However, I cannot find any news on Heroes being canceled. I know ER is going off the air after this season.

I watch so much NBC. :eep:

LunarWeaver
03-03-2009, 07:56 AM
According to the one true God Wikipedia, the ratings have certainly dropped. I won't be surprised if it happens, but I don't think there's an official announcement.

I quit watching it entirely as of last week. And yesterday, if there was one. That show got absolutely awful. I made the scientific discovery that happiness increases 3 fold when you no longer have to hear Claire speak.

Masamunemaster
03-03-2009, 08:05 AM
well claire may be a good part of the show but shes not the best, I liked peter with his old power, his new one is just kinda lame if you ask me....but since his change I prefer the parkman point of view

I honestly believe its one of the best shows that NBC has out, Heroes, Chuck, and Knight Rider is the best they got for now and I dont think it will be taken off at all I just wanted to check with you all.

XxSephirothxX
03-04-2009, 02:13 AM
Well, it is about time.

Fonzie
03-04-2009, 03:06 AM
well claire may be a good part of the show but shes not the best, I liked peter with his old power, his new one is just kinda lame if you ask me....but since his change I prefer the parkman point of view

I honestly believe its one of the best shows that NBC has out, Heroes, Chuck, and Knight Rider is the best they got for now and I dont think it will be taken off at all I just wanted to check with you all.

HAHAHA

Try The Office and Thirty Rock.

Levian
03-04-2009, 03:07 AM
They should probably wrap it up before it gets too confusing or weird anyway. I haven't seen season 3 yet so maybe it's too late for that though. :D

Slothy
03-04-2009, 03:32 AM
They should probably wrap it up before it gets too confusing or weird anyway. I haven't seen season 3 yet so maybe it's too late for that though. :D

Don't even bother with season 3. Started out better than 2, quickly degenerated into a complete mess of poorly thought out stories with drastic changes to the characters personalities (often for no reason, or at least not a very good one), and ended the first half by attempting to undo everything that happened since the season premiere. I'm sorry, but I can only take a show dropping the ball and trying to drastically correct itself once. I couldn't bring myself to watch another episode, even if Worf is the President.

I suggest anyone who is still clinging to this show to go grab season 1 of Battlestar Galactica on DVD and see what great TV really looks like.

Masamunemaster
03-04-2009, 03:42 AM
battlestar galactica...30 rock...the office...I would rather rip my eyes out sorry

Bunny
03-04-2009, 03:53 AM
You call Knight Rider great television and then insult Battlestar Galactica?

Yeah, um, I'm afraid you aren't human.

Madame Adequate
03-04-2009, 04:06 AM
If BSG has a kickass ending it could well usurp Babylon 5 as greatest show ever. Go and watch it right now.

Heroes... man, the only reason I waste my time anymore is because I am sexually attracted to Greg Grunberg. And I keep hoping for a cameo from Clea DuVall, too. Quinto means that Sylar is still somewhat worth watching, at least as long as they stay away from schizophrenic personality changes on an episodic basis.

But yeah, wouldn't miss Heroes at all.

Fonzie
03-04-2009, 04:21 AM
battlestar galactica...30 rock...the office...I would rather rip my eyes out sorry

Funny, I feel the same way whenever I read your articulate posts.

Edit: Also, I feel I don't stress it enough when I say the shows you like are very cheesy. Chuck is pretty alright, but Heroes is just terribly pathetic. I mean, they should of tied it off after the first season.

And name a few reasons as to why The Office and 30 Rock make you want to rip your eyes out?

Don't forget to spell your words correctly and check for correct grammar, and use quotes for evidence, for your testing document will be checked!

Jiro
03-04-2009, 05:15 AM
Good idea, horrible execution. Let it die, the quicker we all forget it, the sooner someone can do it properly.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
03-04-2009, 05:29 AM
they definately did put themselves into a hole in season 3...im gonna stick through till the finale it cause the bryan fuller episodes start next week!

I dont think they planned their stores past season 1 because the execution of some- if not most of the story lines have been royally rushed!! lol am i the only one that finds it funny that the most annoying character got the healing power lol!

omg why do you not like BSG!? now theres a story thats got a great begining, middle and hopefully awesome end!

Chuck is fun i like season 2 a whole lot more than season 1!!

Masamunemaster
03-04-2009, 07:26 AM
I never really got interested in battlestar galactica for all of you

Fonz: I never said you HAD to read any of the posts I have ever made, I guess I should ask why do you keep coming to them if you dont like them? I just dont like either the office or 30 rock....just not my kind of funny. oh and yes I know I dont have the best spelling in the world SO WHAT OF IT

scrumpleberry
03-04-2009, 05:33 PM
tbh if this is true I'll be kind of glad I don't feel compelled to watch it anymore! I just realised that :O

Craig
03-04-2009, 06:07 PM
i have no interest in watching anymore.. but it used to be so good! heroes season one was top quality and i want it to keep going in hopes that they will turn it around and make it good again

Rufinito18
03-04-2009, 06:16 PM
The first season was the best one I honestly believe. The rest kind of just drops down...

Bunny
03-04-2009, 06:20 PM
I think everyone can agree that the first season was far superior than anything they have done since. They got way to cocky and had too many changes, trying to do too many things at once and they lost what they had originally started. It's a very common mistake in television.

Balzac
03-04-2009, 07:07 PM
American Office bad. English Office good.

Yar
03-04-2009, 07:15 PM
American Office bad. English Office good.All 14 episodes of it. :p

Madame Adequate
03-04-2009, 07:18 PM
American Office bad. English Office good.

You have those the wrong way round.

Ryth
03-04-2009, 08:00 PM
I haven't heard anything about Heroes being canceled, but it really should be. That show should be put out of its misery.

HAHAHA

Try The Office and Thirty Rock.

Yeah, seriously.

I haven't been keeping up anymore, but last I left it the new BSG was pretty unbearable (outside of Olmos <3). Secondly, both Offices are great (though I prefer the British show).

~*~Celes~*~
03-04-2009, 08:17 PM
Is Heroes Ending? Greg Grunberg Creates Online Frenzy - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com (http://www.tvguide.com/News/Heroes-Ending-Greg-1003610.aspx) here's an article that talks about it.

Sounds to me like either it IS going down and they don't want that factoid released, or there's just a strong fear that it will go down.

Personally I've gotten quite bored with it ever since season 2. I mean, there were some good moments but they became too few and far between for my liking. I've given up hope for this show and I'm moving on now.

MJN SEIFER
03-04-2009, 08:43 PM
I like Heroes. I don't think it's going bad yet.

Masamunemaster
03-05-2009, 04:05 AM

thank you MJN.....Im glad one person understands that it wont go anywhere.

Fonzie
03-05-2009, 07:12 AM

Oh, it's definitely not going to see the time Friends did. :p

And since 95% of us recognize how bad its gotten, I'm pretty sure it's going to be canceled this season.

escobert
03-05-2009, 07:15 AM
I've watched 1 episode and it's just not my cup of tea.

Cuchulainn
03-05-2009, 04:00 PM
All You Heroes haters can all die alone in hell.

Masamunemaster
03-05-2009, 11:53 PM
All You Heroes haters can all die alone in hell.

lol their version of hell would be to watch every heroes that has every came out HAHA

Ouch!
03-06-2009, 01:02 AM

Oh, it's definitely not going to see the time Friends did. :p

And since 95% of us recognize how bad its gotten, I'm pretty sure it's going to be canceled this season.
While put abrasively, probably true. I've never watched Heroes, but from what I've noticed, the show has been dying off slowly since the end of season one. The most plausible explanation I've heard for this was that they originally intended to introduce a new cast every season, but people got so attached to the original cast that they had to take the show in an unplanned direction.

Masamunemaster, your statement to MJN alone offers the truth that you seem unwilling to see: while you like the show (and to be honest, I don't care what your television preferences are), you have admitted you're in a minority. A television show can't be kept on air for a minority. It's bad business.

Bummer, too. If Heroes had changed up its staff every year, it probably would have seen a better lifespan. I find most television shows that are good go on for too long and slowly deteriorate over time (the same complaint I've heard recently regarding Lost, another show I don't actually watch, so don't jump at me for that comment). Introducing a new a cast and plot arch allows you to keep the show fresh, and if the explanation I've heard is true, it'd explain why the show deteriorated so quickly when they didn't follow that plan.

MJN SEIFER
03-06-2009, 09:24 PM
We all have are own opinions on what's good and what's bad.

I was simply stating mine.