PDA

View Full Version : Chapstick

Caraliz
03-04-2009, 08:02 AM
What do you use and why.

I use Bert's Bees because it is the only thing that works on my stupid lips. They are always chapped and peeling so exfoliating often is necessary.

I use the tin version and the shimmer when I'm feeling particularly frisky.

The reason why I ask is because I wonder if there's something better out there. I used to use this kind of not heard of stuff called Savex and it worked well but they don't sell it near me anymore.

I'm obsessed with chapstick. I seriously have 20 tubes right now of lipsmackers and various chapsticks.

DISCUSS CHAPSTICK OTHERWISE I WILL FALCON PUNCH YOUR CHILDREN

Jowy
03-04-2009, 08:05 AM
The Medicated ChapStick™ brand.

Caraliz
03-04-2009, 08:07 AM
It tastes nummy but does nothing for my lips. I had the vanilla mint one and it was alright but chapstick is way too weak. I used to use blistex but my lips got used to that too.

Momiji
03-04-2009, 08:11 AM
I occasionally use strawberry-flavored chapstick, but I usually end up licking/wiping it off because it feels weird. :p

Caraliz
03-04-2009, 08:13 AM
I occasionally use strawberry-flavored chapstick, but I usually end up licking/wiping it off because it feels weird. :p
Use lipsmackers! Nummy nummy! Cotton Candy and Cookie Dough!

escobert
03-04-2009, 08:24 AM
Bert's Bee's for me please!

KoShiatar
03-04-2009, 10:54 AM
Right now I use a German honey lip balm (it's not a chapstick, it's not even a stick) and an Italian Glysolid chapstick. Both smell delicious. The second one is somewhere in between vanilla and cocoa butter.

rubah
03-04-2009, 03:16 PM
I have had a tube of cherry chapstick in my pocket at all times since about 7th grade. My mom switches back and forth between cherry and strawberry.

I also got some chapex or something a long time ago, and it BURNED so I didn't use it, but I kinda like the burn now. But the smell makes me think of the first harry potter audiobook, because I guess I listened to it when I used the stuff.

Rantz
03-04-2009, 03:58 PM
I just wet my lips with my tongue if they're dry.

~*~Celes~*~
03-04-2009, 04:29 PM
Chapstick or Blistex cherry.

Captain Maxx Power
03-04-2009, 04:41 PM
The only stick I have is my pimp stick.

Bunny
03-04-2009, 04:42 PM
Strawberry something or other.

scrumpleberry
03-04-2009, 05:27 PM
I have a nuxe one and a Jelly Belly candyfloss one. They are both little tubs. I have a stick, but I don't like that one much.

I used Burt's Bees for a while! I loved it but I found the nuxe a lot more unchappy and it sunk in better.

Blue Harvest
03-04-2009, 05:37 PM

Yar
03-04-2009, 06:13 PM
Chapstick is my best friend in the winter. :love:

Zeromus_X
03-05-2009, 01:08 AM
My lips and hands tend to get very dry, especially in the winter. I like using bag balm on both of them- it's very sticky, and takes forever to dry, but it works wonders.

Other then that, I just tend to use any plain old kind of chapstick.

Whenever I try doing this is tends to make it 100 times worse. =(

Jessweeee♪
03-05-2009, 01:20 AM
I use something called Chicken Poop. Not real chicken poop, Chicken Poop D:

Yar
03-05-2009, 01:53 AM
I use something called Chicken Poop. Not real chicken poop, Chicken Poop D:free range

Caraliz
03-05-2009, 03:15 AM
I just wet my lips with my tongue if they're dry.Whenever I try doing this is tends to make it 100 times worse. =(
Hell yeah this. It makes me get this rash on my lips and I hate it. I need chapstick otherwise my face goes RARARARAR.

Some of this stuff you guys use I've never heard of.

CHAPSTICK EXCHANGE???

Peegee
03-05-2009, 03:17 AM
I read the topic as 'chopsticks'

Anyway, I have some chap balm thing in my room. I use it when it's been a dry day, but currently it's more dry skin that's bugging me.

Salon tanning has exacerbated the issue.

Jessweeee♪
03-05-2009, 03:20 AM
I just wet my lips with my tongue if they're dry.Whenever I try doing this is tends to make it 100 times worse. =(

You get cold sores that way, you know.

Caraliz
03-05-2009, 03:35 AM

You get cold sores that way, you know.
Dude, cold sores are face herpes. I know this because my health teacher was telling us this with a face full of them

Shiny
03-05-2009, 03:42 AM
Blistex works pretty well at smoothing my lips, but it smells weird. So now I use Neutrogena Lip Moisturizer because it's odorless and has sunscreen protection.

blackmage_nuke
03-05-2009, 08:23 AM
I use nothing, my lips are all cracked and peely

Rebellious Eagle
03-05-2009, 09:35 PM
Cherry Chapstick, 'nuff said.

mooglebunni608
03-08-2009, 09:27 AM
I try to always have at least two or three tubes of chapstick on me no matter what. One for me, and one to give to someone who needs it. Chapped lips are hell.

Flavor doesn't matter much, but I do like cherry :3

Zeldy
03-08-2009, 01:37 PM
I usually put vaseline on my lips every night, well when I remember to.

Deborah
03-09-2009, 11:21 AM
Aveeno medicated lip balm is magical!<3 I travel with no less than 5 tubes of assorted chapstick at all times. Im obessed with it.

Loony BoB
03-09-2009, 11:37 AM
I don't use chapstick at all. I'm told my lips are quite soft, I don't know if that's good or bad, but yeah. People rely on products a bit too often these days and my lips seem to hold themselves together a lot better than those that use chapstick regularly. It's like their lips forget how to maintain themselves or something.

EDIT: Can't remember the last time I got a cold sore, but then I don't lick my lips all that much. Of course, living in Scotland means my lips don't dry out that often, but even so I find my lips never dried much in the New Zealand summers either. I guess I'm just lucky with that end of things.

Linus
03-09-2009, 04:54 PM
I never really have a problem with this, but in extreme cracking/bleeding from cold wind or something I do use Carmex.

Shlup
03-10-2009, 03:18 AM
I'm all about the Chapstick. It's all I wear on my lips, even on my wedding day.

I like vanilla mint Chapstick. It's nummers. Burts Bees is nice too. Just no medicated unless I'm dying of chap! It's like addictive or something.

Caraliz
03-10-2009, 02:23 PM
I'm all about the Chapstick. It's all I wear on my lips, even on my wedding day.

I like vanilla mint Chapstick. It's nummers. Burts Bees is nice too. Just no medicated unless I'm dying of chap! It's like addictive or something.
I agree. But I use the minty kind from the tin. :)

And I just found hello kitty lipgloss in a tin from hawaii. :D

Balzac
03-10-2009, 03:51 PM
What ever the girl I'm kissing at the time is using.

escobert
03-10-2009, 06:42 PM

I want the tin burts bees :(

scrumpleberry
03-10-2009, 07:07 PM
The sticky kind is minty too :o

Caraliz
03-11-2009, 03:22 AM

I want the tin burts bees :(
Ask and you shall receive! :bigsmile:

Evastio
03-11-2009, 03:29 AM
I don't use Chapstick, though I probably should since my lips are so dry at times that it hurts to eat and talk.

cloud_doll
03-12-2009, 08:17 PM
I can't believe no one mentioned it!
Soft Lips!
It works the best, and makes your lips smell and taste like perfect.

escobert
03-12-2009, 08:37 PM
I never used chapstick for years but the air here is so dry in the winter and my lips would always chap. I used to just lick them or whatever but since I've been with liz I've been using stuff.

Caraliz
03-13-2009, 02:17 AM
I never used chapstick for years but the air here is so dry in the winter and my lips would always chap. I used to just lick them or whatever but since I've been with liz I've been using stuff.
:love:

It's cause I'm addicted to lip chap.

Aerith's Knight
03-13-2009, 02:21 AM
I don't really need to use chapstick, and never have. Even in dry weather, my lips never really chap.

..This makes me weird, doesn't it?

Calliope
03-14-2009, 02:40 AM
I use merry hempsters' vegan lip balm, in lemon-lime. I didn't really use it before, but find I have to now that I'm living in the alpine wilderness :)

Bowser
03-14-2009, 02:18 PM
Blehh, chapstick makes my lips feel weird. They usually don't get too chapped anyway.