PDA

View Full Version : Stupid coding thingamabob

Miriel
03-04-2009, 09:24 AM
I really don't understand why coding stuff has to be so difficult. Seriously pisses me off.

Anyway, I know exactly how I want my blog to look and it was easy enough to create via photoshop. But my wordpress theme isn't cooperating and after many many hours of trying to tinker with the coding (and really, I have no idea what I'm doing), I decided I might as well ask for help.

One of my specific problems is with changing a foreground image into a background image so that I can put text on it. A nice fellow was able to tell me that much, but wouldn't tell me how to go about fixing it.

So if anyone has any experience with wordpress or just websites in general, please PM me! I need help. :(

Baloki
03-04-2009, 12:03 PM
I really don't understand why coding stuff has to be so difficult. Seriously pisses me off.

Anyway, I know exactly how I want my blog to look and it was easy enough to create via photoshop. But my wordpress theme isn't cooperating and after many many hours of trying to tinker with the coding (and really, I have no idea what I'm doing), I decided I might as well ask for help.

One of my specific problems is with changing a foreground image into a background image so that I can put text on it. A nice fellow was able to tell me that much, but wouldn't tell me how to go about fixing it.

So if anyone has any experience with wordpress or just websites in general, please PM me! I need help. :(

<div style="background-image: url(/images/image.jpg); background-repeat: no-repeat;">TEXTEXTEXTEXT GOES HERE</div>

Flying Mullet
03-04-2009, 12:40 PM
Background images can also be set in table cells (<td>) and the page body(<body>).

Miriel
03-04-2009, 02:00 PM
Err... yeah. I don't know what I'm supposed to do with that code. Do I put it in style.php? header.php? What I'm trying to do is get the area BEHIND the navigation bar to be pretty but I can't even move the menu bar at all. I tinker with the existing code but it won't budge. I don't even know where I'm supposed to be looking. But yeah, all this is wordpress specific. And I was hoping someone had experience with that since the menu bar isn't my only problem. Can't figure out how to to change my god damn comment form. It should be easy as pie, but dammit it refuses to do what I say.

Booooo... >_>

Flying Mullet
03-04-2009, 02:11 PM
What's the code for the navigation bar? You use the "style" attribute in the tag that houses the navigation to put the background image behind it. If you want to post your navigation bar's code we can help you sort it out.

Miriel
03-04-2009, 02:15 PM
I'm just gonna PM you.

Baloki
03-04-2009, 02:29 PM
Or just copies of the PHP files