PDA

View Full Version : Steals

Levian
03-04-2009, 10:18 PM
I should steal more in this game. I never bother to do that, but watching Vermachtnis stealing, or YOINKING, in the eoff plays thread made me realize there's lots of gems to be stolen in this game.

do you steal?
do you know of any good enemies to steal from in FFVII?

Goldenboko
03-04-2009, 10:20 PM
I usually only steal from one enemy in this game, its the SOLDIER that gives you the best sword of that time. If I knew what to steal from, I probably would =P

Flying Mullet
03-04-2009, 10:27 PM
The only good steal I remember is the soldiers in the Shinra building when you're making you're way to the top a couple of hours into the game have a good weapon for Cloud if you steal it.

Levian
03-04-2009, 10:31 PM
I'm getting 'Couldn't steal anything' a lot..

Is dex the stat that makes it easier to steal? are there any accessories that makes it easier to steal?

leader of mortals
03-04-2009, 10:32 PM
I always get the hardedge, some ethers from the dude in the graveyard, the rising sun, and normally I try and often fail to get a gold armlet...

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-04-2009, 10:32 PM
Yeah, the Hard Edge. I also always make sure to steal Aerith's Striking Staff from Eligor in the Train Graveyard, and Shinra Beta armor from the Marines on the Cargo Ship. And stealing from Diamond Weapon and the Turks practically goes without saying.

leader of mortals
03-04-2009, 10:33 PM
Oh I forgot the staff and beta. I normally dont try too hard for the staff though...

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-04-2009, 10:36 PM
are there any accessories that makes it easier to steal?

There's the Sneak Glove in Wall Market, but it doesn't become available until near the end of the game (and is quite expensive, but that shouldn't be much of an issue by that point).

Levian
03-04-2009, 10:36 PM
I normally dont try too hard for the staff though...

Oh, does that mean there's a low chance of being able to steal the staff? I'm actually in the graveyard right now. Haven't run into an Eligor though.

edit: ah, end game. typical!

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-04-2009, 10:41 PM
Yeah, running into an Eligor in the first place is harder than the steal itself.

Levian
03-04-2009, 10:59 PM
Hoho, cool. My lvl 8 Aeris is now just as strong as my lvl 11 Cloud.

Skyblade
03-04-2009, 11:06 PM
From what I remember, stealing is simply dependent on the level ratio of the Thief/Victim, and the rarity of the item. Each mob has its own steal table (most with only 1 item), and those items have a set base chance to be stolen. So increased Dex will not increase the chance, and being blinded won't reduce it. It's all luck.

Good Items to Steal early on:

Hardedge from Soldier 3rds in Shinra Building

Carbon Bangles from Moth Slashers in Shinra Building. You encounter them quite a bit in the room with the model of Midgar, and the Carbon Bangle is great armor at that point. Well worth nabbing for your entire team.

Striking Staff from Eligor in train graveyard. You'll have to wait around for him to show up, but then you can steal the staff fairly easily, and this staff will serve Aeris pretty much for the rest of the game.

Atomic Scissors from those lovely little Custom Sweepers outside Kalm. You know, the ones you get Matra Magic from.

Grand Glove from the enemies that are swinging wrecking balls in the Mithril Mines (don't remember their names).

Boomerang from the Birds in the same forests you get Yuffie in. Much better than her starter weapon.

Most bosses don't have any items up for theft, but the few that do are definitely worth stealing. Remember that stealing from an enemy means that it won't drop anything (for the bosses with steal loot, it doesn't matter, because they either don't drop loot, or their loot is vastly inferior to their stolen stuff [ie: Ziedrich versus an Elixir]).

Wolf Kanno
03-06-2009, 08:30 PM
The Shin-Ra Beta from the Shin-Ra troops on the Cargo Ship

The Shin-Ra Alpha from the submarine crew and 1st Class SOLDIERS

Warriors Bangle from Eagle Gun (the Coral Big Materia quest)

I've Heard Ultima WEAPON has a Curse Ring during the first battle at Mideel before Cloud and Tifa fall into the Lifestream

Gold Armlet from the Dragons on Mt. Nibel

Most of the others worth mentioning have been already, definetly steal from the Turks in the Second Disc.

Rantz
03-06-2009, 08:54 PM
I was gonna say how I only usually steal the Hardedge, but then I read through this list and I realise I steal the following on almost every playthrough:

Hardedge from Soldier 3rds in Shinra Building
Carbon Bangles from Moth Slashers in Shinra Building.
Striking Staff from Eligor in train graveyard.
Grand Glove from the enemies that are swinging wrecking balls in the Mithril Mines (don't remember their names).
Boomerang from the Birds in the same forests you get Yuffie in.

Saber
03-06-2009, 11:41 PM
I steal the rising sun from dimond Weapon and also most of whats been said. I like stealing from the monsters near Wutati. You can get elixers from tonberry so Thats a good find. I like morph better then steal though.

Del Murder
03-07-2009, 03:44 AM
I usually try to steal from most rare enemies and bosses.

Levian
03-07-2009, 05:06 AM
If I knew ethers were this common as steals I'd never pay 1000 gil for each in the store D:

I'm stealing my ass off

Del Murder
03-07-2009, 07:41 AM
I don't think I ever buy medicinal items in FF games besides tents and phoenix downs.

Jiro
03-07-2009, 11:07 AM
I usually only steal the Hardedge and Carbon Bangles in Shinra HQ, but I'm going to steal more often now, there are goodies I've missed out on!

Wolf Kanno
03-07-2009, 09:58 PM
Also, every enemy in the Downed Gelinka has some pretty decent gear like Fire Armlets, Aurora Armlets, Lightening Armlets, and a Water Ring.

The Turk
03-24-2009, 03:58 PM
There is a lot of stuff that you can only get by stealing such as the Rising Sun, Shinra Alpha's, Shinra Beta's, whatever you steal from the Eagle Gun on the train and the legendary Vagrisk Claws.

I try to steal from every enemy at least once when I play the game. Wutai is a gold mine for X-Potions and Turbo Ethers. I hate having to try and find an Eligor... takes forever to find one and then takes forever to steal the staff.