PDA

View Full Version : Games you can't play

Levian
03-05-2009, 10:08 PM
Do you often get urges to play games mainly because the game is unavailable to you?

I didn't really want to play FFIX earlier today, I figured I could easily wait for EoFF plays FFIX, but then I saw that it's missing from my collection, and now I want to play it real bad.

Same with Resident Evil 1. It's the only RE game I don't have and it's the only one I want to play. Actually, I wanted to play Resident Evil 0 too, but once I started playing a bit it got boring pretty fast.

The annoying thing is that I probably wouldn't want to play them if I had them.

Any games you have this problem with right now?

scrumpleberry
03-05-2009, 10:13 PM
Yes. All the time.

Pete for President
03-05-2009, 10:17 PM
Metal Gear Solid 1 =( Can't get an original copy anywhere! I tried downloading the pc version, but it stops working at the scene before fighting metal gear. Useless!

LunarWeaver
03-05-2009, 10:17 PM
I've done this with games before. Movies and books as well. I'll lend it to someone, for instance, and then want it back the next day.

Rantz
03-05-2009, 10:18 PM
Not so much right now, but yeah, that happens a lot. I used to own Death Gate, but then my brother let one of his friends "borrow" it. He never returned it. I've been aching to play it since then.

It also happened with Final Fantasy IX, which, you guessed it, my brother let one of his friends "borrow". At one point the urge to play it became so heavy I had to order a new copy.

Also Druid, hells yeah I want to play that now.

Rase
03-05-2009, 10:37 PM
I can't get Vista to let the first two Thief games run, and I've been aching to play them for some time. Other than that any game that I don't have the system for (i.e. any PS3 title) that I have played some of, like Little Big Planet.

blackmage_nuke
03-05-2009, 11:02 PM
I have no idea where my Kingdom Hearts 1 went :( My Metal Gear Solid 1 doesnt let me change disks on my PS2, nor does my MGS1 special VR missions. I also dont have Final Fantasy IX and there are also alot of games I'd like on DS, PSP and PS3 but I have none of those consoles.

Madame Adequate
03-05-2009, 11:44 PM
Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri: Alien Crossfire. It is a bitch to get and I can't remember how I made it run right. xD I'll figure it out sometime though.

Namelessfengir
03-05-2009, 11:49 PM
i wanted to play halflife 2 since i finally got a system good enough to play it but i already activated the key and havent touched the account in 4 years and its not worth buying a new version there are so many better new games but ive pretty much hit my spending cap so i have to save for a few weeks

and call of duty 2 crashes vista... :mad2: damn i cant even install and i need to buy 4 and 5 and find out if ghost recon was ever out for pc

Psychotic
03-05-2009, 11:49 PM
I'd love to play Medieval Total War II, but my PC aint got the juice.

Wolf Kanno
03-06-2009, 06:06 AM
My Wii or Final Fantasy VI Advance... Both currently with my GF... I need to learn to say "no" to her sometimes :eep:

Momiji
03-06-2009, 06:17 AM
Mushihimesama Futari.

Why must my hobbies always be so expensive?

Rocket Edge
03-06-2009, 01:14 PM
I get this all the time. I recently wanted to play Kingdom Hearts again, but then realised the disc wasn't there. I am in agony! Dungeon Keeper, Rollercoaster Tycoon 2, Worms 2, Spyro the Dragon, the list goes on...

Jiro
03-06-2009, 02:10 PM
Roller Coaster Tycoon and Age of Empires. I have both of them, but am unable to play them.

And there's so many games that tempt me, but luckily my empty bank account means I don't get to play them. Oh wait... :(

Realm25
03-06-2009, 02:36 PM
I had this happen with a lot of older games. Diablo 2 and Starcraft come to mind. I used to be heavily into these two games.

Sometimes I'll get strong urges to play the hell out of them..but when I pop em in and start em up it just isn't the same as it used to be, and they're both boring as hell now.

Another one would be Paper Boy for NES..man I used to love that game. I went to Bookmans and spent 45 dollars on an original NES cartridge. Brought it home, played it twice in about a year..

Blue Harvest
03-06-2009, 02:52 PM
Fable II.

Oh wait, I just bought it! *toddles off*

Bunny
03-06-2009, 03:22 PM
I don't sell, trade or allow people to borrow my games for this very reason. It is almost instant.

escobert
03-06-2009, 06:42 PM
I want to play medal of honor airborn but it doesn't work on 64 bit windows!

JKTrix
03-07-2009, 12:43 AM
I have this urge to play Otogi 2 and Steel Battalion, two of my favourite Xbox 1 games. Those games, and my Xbox, are in a different country right now.

Jessweeee♪
03-07-2009, 01:35 AM
I have Mirror's Edge. IT'S RIGHT THERE. I can't play it though, 'cause my brother's Xbox is broken.

Evastio
03-08-2009, 04:01 AM
There's F-Zero GX (I've only seen videos of it but it looks so awesome), Dragon Quest V DS (which I'll hopefully be able to play eventually), Contra II, and Gradius II (I've had absolutely no luck finding those two games).

The Summoner of Leviathan
03-08-2009, 06:14 AM
There are a few exclusives to the 360 I want to play but they are not enough to make me get one. Fable II, Star Ocean IV: The Last Hope, Infinite Undiscovery. There might be another one, not too sure...

Momiji
03-08-2009, 06:34 AM
http://www.ncsxshop.com/images/products/large/0705/petite_princess.jpg

I can afford it, and I am going to buy it... but I should wait until I have a little more of a throwaway income before doing so... :(

I Took the Red Pill
03-08-2009, 08:35 AM
Mega Man Legends and Brave Fencer Musashi. It's taunting that I have both discs, but both are too scratched up to work.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
03-08-2009, 09:09 PM
mgs 4 =/

Lawr
03-08-2009, 11:26 PM
There are a few games for me too, and most of them I can get but I know for sure that once I get any of them, I'm going to lose that ferocious desire. :(

I'd love to play Medieval Total War II, but my PC aint got the juice.

You're missing out man! Tell me all of the other Medieval/Rome Total War games you've played. Then after that we'll question why we haven't met each other yet.

Good times, good times.

leader of mortals
03-08-2009, 11:41 PM
I rebought Final Fantasy chronicles because I gave it to my friend once(I was done with it...), and after I got it I went about 10 minutes into FF4 and a couple hours into Chrono Trigger before I put it away again... Now I have Chrono for the DS...

Quindiana Jones
03-08-2009, 11:42 PM
Damnit. I really wanna play M:TW2 now. PC can't take it though. And Rome and Viking Invasion aren't installed anymore. Gragh.

Also, I want to play Tank Racer again. We had a demo on PC when I was a wee lad, and that game was awesome. Just to play it one more time...

Also also, I plan on buying this car derby game thing for PS1. I can't remember the name though. All I remember is being in a big dirt bowl full of cars, and having to smash the crap into them all before I got smash up myself. That game was awesome. Anyone know what I'm on about? I can't remember if it was Destruction Derby or Demolition Racer or something like that. That game was hella fun. :D

Laddy
03-09-2009, 02:59 AM
Old-School PC Games and anything on 360.

Levian
03-09-2009, 03:01 AM
I can't play Resident Evil 5 because it's not released yet. :mad2:

Bastian
03-09-2009, 03:04 AM
Mostly Japanese games that haven't been translated into English. Right now: Ys IV: Mask of the Sun: A New Theory. And Ys V: The Lost City of Sand

Stupid American companies not localizing awesome games!

Magixion
03-09-2009, 03:08 AM
It seems there is always a game or two that I used to have that I always want to go back and play, Kingdom Hearts 1 being one of them. Also, like many of you already mentioned, it seems that if someone wants to borrow a game, I immediately get the urge to play the game and can never give my games up. THEY ARE MINE! (Greedy, yes, I know.)

Dreddz
03-09-2009, 08:24 PM
I'm annoyed that I won't be able to play Madworld. The spiritual successor to God Hand is about to come out and I have no means to play it. Lifes unfair.

black orb
03-09-2009, 10:13 PM
>>> I just have like 2 consoles so I cant play, Gamecube, wii, ps3, xbox, xbox360,Nintendo DS, PSP, etc, games.. :D

Depression Moon
03-10-2009, 01:36 AM
Yeah basically almost all of next-gen games. Man I wish I had at least a PS3. Those games those games.

NeoTifa
03-10-2009, 02:11 AM
MGS 1 and RE 1

Depression Moon
03-10-2009, 02:59 AM
I'm not sure where some of you are coming from with MGS unavailable. Kojima released a repackaging of MGS1 in the essentials package, but you would have to buy MGS2 and 3 to buy it and that's a plus if you haven't played one of those and it can also be bad if you already own those two.

RagnorokKing
03-17-2009, 05:31 PM
sigh...Idol Master.
It's a japan only 360 game.
I really wish I could play it.

Markus. D
03-17-2009, 07:03 PM
I'm unsure if this is on-topic.

Silent Hill games, I CANNOT play them at all, I'm not very good with horror y'see... yet I'm an extremely huge Silent Hill fan (3 being my favorite, 2 following~).