PDA

View Full Version : Xenogears bestiary

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
03-07-2009, 12:48 AM
gamefaqs didn't have an FAQ devoted to this, but when I googled it, I got the one on eyesonff. It's very good, however I've noticed a few mistakes. They can easily be corrected, right? Also, how was the bestiary here compiled? Just by playing the game, or did you hack the rom? Probably just from playing the game if there are mistakes in it. I hope you guys remember; I'm sure it's been up there for like almost a decade!

Anyways, I've noticed one mistake that contradicts this FAQ

GameFAQs: Xenogears (PS) FAQ/Walkthrough by Shotgunnova (http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/199365/50268)

He claims that Neo Gimmicks, not Gimmicks, drop Golden Vests. and I'm pretty sure he's right even though I haven't gotten there yet, or when I was there years ago I wasn't trying to find everything. I haven't managed to get a Gimmick to drop anything as of yet.

Also, another thing not mentioned on the list is that I've had gun drones rarely drop Lite Ars+2. The Lite Ar+1 is correct, though, as that is the more common drop.

The aforementioned FAQ claims that if I defeat two tears at once, I get a lite alloy. I'm at that stage in the game, so I'll try to verify that. I did manage to get an Extra Ar+5, so that's correct.

Also, Seibzehn also drops an Ether Ar+1 sometimes. He has it listed before the Heavy Alloy, but I don't know for sure if it's the more common drop or if it's about the same.

Also, I doubt Spear Troopers drop Lite Ar's, since that piece of equipment doesn't seem to exist, or at least it's not listed on your or his gear equipment list. He says they drop C Circuits+1, and if I'm thinking of the somewhat rare encounter in the Aveh area, yes that is correct.

Fis-6 drops a Ground.

Anyways, I'm not trying to say that your bestiary sucks. I wanted to collect everything in the game, but I noticed errors in your bestiary that is awesome, and I just wanted to help make it even better. If someone can hack the ROM image and know for sure what all the random drops are, that would be awesome!