PDA

View Full Version : 3 new characters revealed

Crossblades
03-09-2009, 04:43 AM
RPGFan News - New FFXIII Character Info Released (http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2009/80.html)

Square Enix has revealed three new characters set to appear in its highly anticipated PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 title Final Fantasy XIII . Gadot, Maqui and Lebreau are members of Nora, the Snow-led resistance movement fighting the Cocoon's theocratic government. Gadot and Lebreau are childhood friends of Snow. Maqui is a young man who joined Nora because he admires Snow. He is anything but good at fighting.

In other Final Fantasy XIII -related news, producer Yoshinori Kitase has confirmed Bahamut's appearance in the game in a message on the official website.

While the timing of the game's release could be impacted by the recently announced delay of Dragon Quest IX 's release, a 2009 release of Final Fantasy XIII in Japan is still a possibility.

And here reveals some pics of them
RPGamer > Final Fantasy XIII > Propaganda (http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff13/propaganda/ff13propaganda030209-1.html)

VeloZer0
03-09-2009, 05:46 AM
It describes one on the characters as 'He is anything but good at fighting.' Is he going to be another useless in cut-sceens but in battle fights like everyone else? God, I hate him already and by rights I don't even have enough information to.

Levian
03-09-2009, 09:20 AM
This game is looking better by the minute. I can tell Maqui is going to be an annoying character already though. :D

Rantz
03-09-2009, 09:59 AM
Gadot looks like Wakka after seven years of coke addiction and a freshly flowering steroid abuse. :)

Wolf Kanno
03-09-2009, 10:20 AM
Lebreau is the only one that looks promising of the bunch, I hope to god they are like AVALANCHE's or Timer Owls in that we only have to deal with them for a bit of the story. I'd hate for that to be the rest of the party.

FFIX Choco Boy
03-09-2009, 04:09 PM
Gadot looks like he might be alot like a mix between Zell and Wakka. Maqui is probably going to be out machinist and maybe our strategist.

Levian
03-09-2009, 08:21 PM
Gadot looks like Wakka after seven years of coke addiction and a freshly flowering steroid abuse. :)

Haha, I was looking for the right way to describe him, but you pretty much nailed it. :D

trancekuja
03-09-2009, 09:44 PM
Lebreau:love::love::love:

rubah
03-09-2009, 10:10 PM
Someone needs to extinguish that guy's hair.

scrumpleberry
03-09-2009, 10:37 PM
Lebreau PUT SOME PANTS ON FFS

Jessweeee♪
03-10-2009, 12:14 AM
Hahaha, Gadot looks like Godot and Wakka with a mullet xD

...and that's three! No more girls will be revealed xD

Mercen-X
03-10-2009, 05:10 PM
Chick does NOT look like she should be holding a gun.

By the look of them, their guns seem the same, so they can't honestly be members of the main party. Lebreau cannot count as the 3rd female character important to the story if we are, in fact, limited to 3 and not 2.///... Wait... Who was the second? I've only heard of Lightning? I'm confused.

FFIX Choco Boy
03-10-2009, 09:03 PM
Vanille the summoner

PeneloRatsbane
03-11-2009, 06:14 PM
Lebreau looks interesting. the other two....hmmm, dunno. Marqui looks like a version boy Rikku

The Summoner of Leviathan
03-12-2009, 03:25 AM
Lebreau looks interesting. the other two....hmmm, dunno. Marqui looks like a version boy Rikku

I was thinking along the same like. Marqui is like Rikku and Tidus has a child.

Mercen-X
03-12-2009, 05:29 PM
Damn, man, 'f those 2 're gonna have a kid, I at least like to see 'em gettin' 'gether 1st.

sir helix
03-12-2009, 09:07 PM
iv seen enough long range weapons weres the swords, or specialty weapons, to many dang guns

Laddy
03-12-2009, 09:10 PM
Names Romanized (http://www.finalfantasyunion.com/news/three-new-ffxiii-demo-character-names--343.html)

Let's pray they pronounce 'Marquis' correctly this time.

The Summoner of Leviathan
03-12-2009, 11:19 PM
Not to be contrary but it seemed that the earlier scans had provided the official English names, unless they were photoshop-ed addition.

Also, the Japanese would pronounce the name "Maah-keeee", potentially it could be transliterated into "Marquis" but if they were to keep close to the original Japanese pronouciation, it'd be "Mar-kee/key". To be pronounced "Mar-kist", if that was the intent, the name would have had been spelt different in katakana. :/ Then again, wasn't Tidus in the original transliteration "Tida"? lol

Laddy
03-14-2009, 12:17 AM
Not to be contrary but it seemed that the earlier scans had provided the official English names, unless they were photoshop-ed addition.

Also, the Japanese would pronounce the name "Maah-keeee", potentially it could be transliterated into "Marquis" but if they were to keep close to the original Japanese pronouciation, it'd be "Mar-kee/key". To be pronounced "Mar-kist", if that was the intent, the name would have had been spelt different in katakana. :/ Then again, wasn't Tidus in the original transliteration "Tida"? lol
Yeah I realized my flaw. =/ Sorry, folks.

DarkBahamut
03-18-2009, 02:05 AM
Lebreau PUT SOME PANTS ON FFS

ROFL!

black orb
03-18-2009, 02:22 AM
Lebreau:love::love::love:
>>> Yep, that Lebreau girl is certainly my type..

Mercen-X
03-25-2009, 06:19 PM
Also, the Japanese transliterated into "Marquis" if they were to keep close to the original Japanese pronunciation, it'd be "Mar-kee". Then again, wasn't Tidus in the original transliteration "Tida"? lol
Tidus gives it more of a Roman edge. Tida sounds like a girl's name. Tidus is just slightly better.