PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil 5

Fonzie
03-09-2009, 08:09 AM
I have no fucking idea if I already made this thread. :p

Discuss this game that's coming out on Friday(don't know anything about other countries).

Also, maybe some of us could get together and play through. :D

Levian
03-09-2009, 08:26 AM
The other thread from october had a post last month, but let's start fresh, that thread is mostly speculation anyway. We can use this for excitement and first impressions instead!

I'm pretty damned excited, I really am, you could probably tell from my set. :cool: I much prefer the old style RE instead of the new RE 4 style as I think it's much scarier that way, but they both have stuff going for them and basically I can't wait to blow zombies heads off, mix herbs and collect files again. It's gonna be great either way. What's even better is the multiplayer, my sister and I will be playing this all Friday for sure. :D

Magixion
03-09-2009, 04:18 PM
I am definitely excited. Been waiting for this for a long time. Also, I can never turn down a good co-op game.

If anyone needs a co-op partner, hit me up!

GamerTag: Dea7hFromAbove

Dreddz
03-09-2009, 06:46 PM
Ill probably pick this one up sometime in the next few months. I'm sure the game will be great but I can't say the demo overly impressed me. Just because I'm in a bitchy mood today Ill say that co-op should have been the after thought rather than the focus. I was playing RE1 yesterday and I couldn't help but shed a tear thinking about what the series has become today.

Ill also like to add how pissed off I am that Microsoft got their grubby hands all over this game. The adverts on TV for RE5 have 360 logo's pop up at the end. I always assosiated Resident Evil with Playstation and now the series is being headlined on the 360. Capcom should know better.

LunarWeaver
03-09-2009, 06:54 PM
When my brother visited with his PS3, I played this demo online so many times on his pretty Playstation Network. It was ridiculous. Nothing makes me happier than playing Sheva. I love the little sayings they can do as well, since I don't wear my headset. Although the Chrises of the world spam "Come on!" at me way too much considering I'm always right behind them. But there's nothing better than hitting the thank you button after they explode a barrel right in your face, especially if you can get Sheva to say "I owe you one."

Anyway. I can't wait for the full game. Gonna be so much fuuunnn. I've read from the reviews that the Normal difficulty is really easy. That's probably good, though, as single-player Sheva is a horrible piece of :bou::bou::bou::bou:. I got a month free of Xbox Live when mine broke. I might use it for this game.

Madame Adequate
03-09-2009, 06:59 PM
Just because I'm in a bitchy mood today Ill say that co-op should have been the after thought rather than the focus.

Yeah, it's a real shame that they put some work into it, especially because co-op is one of the most wanted things in modern games.

I was playing RE1 yesterday and I couldn't help but shed a tear thinking about what the series has become today.

What's that then? Fun? Playable? With a huge reduction in retarded puzzles that mean the police chief can't go take a leak without getting decapitated?

Ill also like to add how pissed off I am that Microsoft got their grubby hands all over this game. The adverts on TV for RE5 have 360 logo's pop up at the end. I always assosiated Resident Evil with Playstation and now the series is being headlined on the 360. Capcom should know better.

Should know better than... what? Trying to make a profit? Trying to reach a broader audience? Trying to sell the game on a console some people actually own? Did you bitch like this when they announced Code Veronica for the DC?

Besides, why are you pissed off that a game you just whined about is going to a console you whine about constantly?

Dreddz
03-09-2009, 08:20 PM
Yeah, it's a real shame that they put some work into it, especially because co-op is one of the most wanted things in modern games.
Maybe its the most important thing to you but I think you'll find a lot of people thinking the same thing as me. If I'm playing this game offline I'm going to have to put up with the AI which will be a headache considering the game is built around two people playing.

What's that then? Fun? Playable? With a huge reduction in retarded puzzles that mean the police chief can't go take a leak without getting decapitated?
So all the Resident Evil games prior to RE4 weren't fun or playable? I disagree. Maybe you need to start appreciating other genres of games. Its fine to say that you prefer Resident Evil now but disregarding previous Resident Evil titles is very immature. No wonder survival horror is dead when there are people with your mentality around.

Should know better than... what? Trying to make a profit? Trying to reach a broader audience? Trying to sell the game on a console some people actually own? Did you bitch like this when they announced Code Veronica for the DC?
Well first of all Capcom don't need to accept Microsofts money to make a profit off this game. It would probably be in their favour if they let people know that RE5 is available on two platforms rather than just one. And people don't own PS3's eh. If you say so.

Also Code Veronica going to the DC exclusively for a period was wrong in my opinion. Same when Capcom started releasing Resident Evil titles exclusively on the Gamecube. They found their way onto Playstation eventually which is good as sending a franchise all over the place on other systems is just making the consumers life more difficult. I think Capcom need to respect the Playstation brand more seeing as it is what kick started the Resident Evil franchise and made it as popular as it is today.

Besides, why are you pissed off that a game you just whined about is going to a console you whine about constantly?
Resident Evil 5 is fine for what it is but gets so much praise I can't help but try to kick some sense into other people. As a long time fan of the series I feel the most left out when it comes to RE5 and thats not right. So Ill much rather whine thank you.

Also Ill whine over a console if it has it coming. For the most part I praise the 360, you just don't seem to hear that.

Levian
03-09-2009, 09:13 PM
You bring up many good points, Dreddz. I'm one of the people who's going to love the multiplayer and frankly I've been waiting for a multiplayer RE game ever since I saw the potential RE0 had to be multiplayer, but ideally the multiplayer still shouldn't make it suckier to play single player. From what I've heard Sheva is a bit trigger happy on using up all your healing items.

Like you I also prefer the survival horror of the previous games. The tension and excitement when you walk through a door, not knowing what's on the other side with a few bullets left is just great. Going through doors in RE4 is hardly scary when you can just blast everyone's head off with the entire arsenal that will fit in your inventory and rarely go empty on ammo. That's not to say I don't enjoy blasting zombies' heads off, not at all, I like RE4 very much, it's just a matter of preference really. I'll be sad if they never make another Resident Evil in the old fashion again, and judging by the amount of money they're reeling in on RE4 and RE5, that might actually happen.

I very much enjoy the puzzles, finding items and figuring out the use of them, it's a nice distraction from mindless slaughtering. The only puzzles who are retarded are in RE4 though. I thought the puzzles in the earlier resident evils were easy, but this just took the cake. They could've just as well have eliminated them completely if they were going to make them that easy. I wonder how many puzzles there will be in Africa. :D

LunarWeaver
03-09-2009, 09:34 PM
I much prefer Resident Evil as it is now. I never found it remotely scary in the first place. It was always just a cheesy action game with :bou::bou::bou::bou:ty controls. REmake is the only one that attempted any scary atmosphere in my eyes. After Resident Evil 0, 1, 2, 3, and Code: Veronica all being but identical, I more than welcome 2 entries in the series that are different.

Psychotic
03-09-2009, 09:43 PM
I think RE5 has :bou::bou::bou::bou:ty controls too, to be honest. Aiming is pretty damn clunky compared to other third person games like Gears.

I would definitely welcome it if, in the future, the series aimed more towards fear than action, though. I did like the bit in the demo where you have to survive against a fucking horde, because it really is more about survival than "clear the area and collect the sparkly treasures".

LunarWeaver
03-09-2009, 09:47 PM
RE5 definitely has :bou::bou::bou::bou:ty controls compared to what's out there. They take some real getting used to. But putting the camera behind them and letting you aim at specific parts is leaps better than oddly changing camera angles and characters that can't aim for the head despite all their special training.

Slothy
03-09-2009, 10:37 PM
I was playing RE1 yesterday and I couldn't help but shed a tear thinking about what the series has become today.

What's that then? Fun? Playable?

Didn't realize you were a comedian Milf. :D :p

Craig
03-09-2009, 11:04 PM
i cant wait for this game, me and a buddy have both taken the day off work to play co-op online.

i really cant get my head round it when people complain about a game being on more than one console.. i mean if its a game you want to play and its on your console, then what difference does it make to you at all if its also on another console?

kikimm
03-10-2009, 04:52 AM
I'm super excited for it. =D I haven't looked at anything for it ever since I watched a trailer a loooooong time ago. I refused to read up on it, look at any other videos, or play the demo. Maybe that seems stupid, but I just don't want to have any sort of preconceived ideas about it. I want to be completely surprised. Even if it's exactly the same as RE4.

So I'm totally pumped to start playing it. Now now now!

Brandless Goods
03-10-2009, 07:46 AM
Don't mean to brag but my friend's mom sent him the game from Japan. Been playing it all day. Its pretty damn awesome.

Fonzie
03-12-2009, 08:48 AM
From now on, every game we play shall be on the 360 for obvious reasons.

KoShiatar
03-12-2009, 08:54 AM
Me and BF seriously hope there's going to be a PS3 bundle. We're going to buy a PS3 when this game comes out.

Jiro
03-12-2009, 12:16 PM
Apparently it's out in Australia, I wasn't expecting that. I'm going to give it a shot, I actually haven't played a Resident Evil game since the first one :p

Dreddz
03-12-2009, 04:32 PM
Versus Mode: Capcom Confirms, Prices Versus Mode for Resident Evil 5 (http://kotaku.com/5168756/capcom-confirms-prices-versus-mode-for-resident-evil-5)

Apparantly a multiplayer versus mode is going to be coming in a few weeks as DLC. I'm personally appauled by Capcom that just a few weeks after the release of RE5 they are going to be charging for DLC for a mode that is free in almost every other game released these days. Plus I doubt a versus mode in RE5 will be that spectacular anyway.

Rase
03-12-2009, 05:02 PM
i really cant get my head round it when people complain about a game being on more than one console.. i mean if its a game you want to play and its on your console, then what difference does it make to you at all if its also on another console?
Because then Side A can't gloat over Side B not having access to something enjoyable. If it's exclusive to Side A's console they get to feel an undeserved sense of superiority, and really, what would the internet be without a heapin' helping of that going around?

EDIT:
Versus Mode: Capcom Confirms, Prices Versus Mode for Resident Evil 5 (http://kotaku.com/5168756/capcom-confirms-prices-versus-mode-for-resident-evil-5)
Wait, what? So there's like an online Mercenaries Mode and then DM/TDM with up to four whole people?

Good lord that idea sucks, especially given them charging for it. Ugh.

LunarWeaver
03-12-2009, 06:50 PM
That's stupid iyam.

By the way, is there any word about them releasing something or another that makes Mercenary mode playable with others online? It's a very bizarre omission on their part.

Turns out yes for the 360 but no confirmation for the Ps3.

Fonzie
03-12-2009, 07:32 PM

Apparantly a multiplayer versus mode is going to be coming in a few weeks as DLC. I'm personally appauled by Capcom that just a few weeks after the release of RE5 they are going to be charging for DLC for a mode that is free in almost every other game released these days. Plus I doubt a versus mode in RE5 will be that spectacular anyway.

If it's going to have a Gears of War like Horde Mode then I'm going to buy it in a heartbeat.

Dreddz
03-12-2009, 08:51 PM
If it's going to have a Gears of War like Horde Mode then I'm going to buy it in a heartbeat.

Well I hope you enjoy being milked by Capcom. Until people stop giving in to these publishers this will continue to be a never ending cycle.

Personally, I have no intention to buy this DLC. If its that good then Ill just nab it from a friends PSN. I don't care if its cheap, my principles mean more.

Fonzie
03-12-2009, 09:07 PM

Well I hope you enjoy being milked by Capcom. Until people stop giving in to these publishers this will continue to be a never ending cycle.

Personally, I have no intention to buy this DLC. If its that good then Ill just nab it from a friends PSN. I don't care if its cheap, my principles mean more.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k288/Bub978/its_a_conspiracy.jpg

Madame Adequate
03-12-2009, 10:25 PM

What's that then? Fun? Playable?

Didn't realize you were a comedian Milf. :D :p

Sorry, but whilst RE1 was fairly epic for its day, anyone who says it was competent in controls and general gameplay is looking back with rose tinted glasses. RE2 and 3 were better in that respect, but still infamously bad. RE4 and 5 ditched the horror, no question about it, but they added a metric ton of fun instead. I had more fun with RE4 than I ever did in any of the prior ones.

RE5 should be arriving for me tomorrow!

Depression Moon
03-13-2009, 12:09 AM
I am also dissapointed in the new series take. I agree that they're not as scary anymore with 4, I won't be playing 5 anytime soon, but I just got through looking at an X-pLay review and well Adam seemed a bit too nit-picky since he said it seems a lot like the first, but I am concerned what he said about the partner AI.

I don't like to be frustrated and online co-op might not be an option for me whenever I get a PS3 because it seems it costs way too much just to get the online necesseties and then someone told me that clearwire drops games all the time.

Slothy
03-13-2009, 03:50 AM
Sorry, but whilst RE1 was fairly epic for its day, anyone who says it was competent in controls and general gameplay is looking back with rose tinted glasses. RE2 and 3 were better in that respect, but still infamously bad. RE4 and 5 ditched the horror, no question about it, but they added a metric ton of fun instead. I had more fun with RE4 than I ever did in any of the prior ones.

RE5 should be arriving for me tomorrow!

When did I ever say the older RE games didn't have control issues? Sure they had tank like controls, but a little thing called auto aim and focusing on something other than action meant that it didn't really matter.

RE4 on the other hand (and 5 for that matter) had the same tank like controls and a poor targeting system given the action focus. The fact that the laser sight didn't appear on anything other than shootable enemies and objects, combined with the fact that the camera was rarely in the same position over your shoulder every time you tried to aim not only made combat at a distance almost impossible, it was downright unforgivable given that everything was rendered in real time. I shouldn't have to fight the aiming system as much as I fight the enemies in a game. There's a difference between challenging and bad game design and Capcom crossed that line on that one. The sad thing is most people are so willing to put up with half-assed game design as long as the main character is a sterotypical badass and opens a proverbial can on the enemy that I really shouldn't be surprised any more.

Anyone who actually thinks the controls improved in RE4 isn't looking at it through rose coloured glasses; they're probably drunk. Had the focus been less on action like the previous games I probably could have forgiven it's faults, but a bad targeting system and an inability to move while shooting meant that every battle basically followed the formula of spend 10 seconds trying to get the laser sight on an enemy, fire off two or three shots, then stop and runaway because while you were trying to figure out where you were shooting the enemies crossed three quarters of the room and are now right in your face. Lather rinse and repeat for about 15 hours. Not my idea of fun.

Madame Adequate
03-13-2009, 04:56 AM
No, that just means you're pretty :bou::bou::bou::bou: at the game tbh. Most people I know could decimate quite a large number of enemies with even an average weapon. But put it this way: In RE4 I can get headshots. In RE1 it was a matter of sheer luck, having to either fire as you moved between the preset straight ahead and 45 degree up angles, or aiming up and waiting until point blank range.

Raebus
03-13-2009, 04:23 PM
so far I absolutely love the game. The game is pretty tense, even from the start but I know to conserve ammo, the good old trusty knife is helping with that.

Fonzie
03-13-2009, 07:52 PM
Who wants to Co-Op together?

I'm on Ch. 3-2.

Raebus
03-13-2009, 08:16 PM
I'm up to the third chapter and have just opened a door with a beast...something item, the enemies there are hard. >: [

Madame Adequate
03-14-2009, 12:38 AM
I've been playing about 1 1/2 hours now, and it's fairly awesome.

Being a hard man with large balls the difficulty is on Veteran, which for once is a genuinely difficult experience. Good god that first Cephalo was nigh-invincible. And this isn't your pappy's Resident Evil, these folks aren't afraid of charging you like the demented murderers they are.

The controls could certainly do with being different, but I still don't have a problem with having to root to shoot. It's more just that there's somewhat unconventional and taking a bit of getting used to.

Also I miss the old inventory system, micromanagement ftw :(

Otherwise yeah fairly large win so far :cool:

Levian
03-14-2009, 01:43 AM
this game in one word: ohmygod

I think the controls are perfect as they are. Wouldn't trade it for any of those generic first person shooters I've tried.

Pro tip when playing older Resident Evil games: don't use the analog. :p If you use the D-pad it shouldn't really be much of an issue, the controls never bothered me anyway. But screw controls anyway, just enjoy the 100 other awesome things about any RE game.

Fonzie
03-14-2009, 05:48 AM
I'm on Ch. 5-3 now, and it's finally starting to get interesting.

I love killing me some lickers.

LunarWeaver
03-14-2009, 09:51 PM
Sheva won't use any other weapon in her inventory unless all her pistol ammo is gone. I've begun taking all of it from her to force her to use the machine gun. I wish if I held circle and pressed right Chris would cockslap her.

Fonzie
03-14-2009, 10:40 PM
Sheva won't use any other weapon in her inventory unless all her pistol ammo is gone. I've begun taking all of it from her to force her to use the machine gun. I wish if I held circle and pressed right Chris would cockslap her.

Hold done "b" and then click up on the d-pad, that changes her from Cover to Attack mode.

Also, I'm on 6-2 and the last boss Super Wesker on Roids is a fucking bitch. I'm out of ammo on everything. :(

Levian
03-15-2009, 02:14 AM
I'm on 5-2 or 5-3 now, don't remember. Gonna clock some hours tomorrow too so maybe I'll actually finish the game then. :/ Unless the last boss is a fucking bitch and I'm all out of ammo by then.

LunarWeaver
03-15-2009, 07:07 AM
I'm not a fan of Sheva in Attack. She gives me enough grief already. I prefer to leave her in Cover and give her no choice other than a rifle or machine gun so I can watch her fail at using both.

I'm like halfway through, or something, in the 3's. I've killed a lot of black people. That should give you an idea of where I'm at.

Chris' arms are as big as my body.

Fonzie
03-15-2009, 07:13 AM
I'm not a fan of Sheva in Attack. She gives me enough grief already. I prefer to leave her in Cover and give her no choice other than a rifle or machine gun so I can watch her fail at using both.

I'm like halfway through, or something, in the 3's. I've killed a lot of black people. That should give you an idea of where I'm at.

Chris' arms are as big as my body.

At the end of the game, he pushes a fuckin boulder by beating the :bou::bou::bou::bou: out of it with punches.

A fucking boulder.

Old Manus
03-15-2009, 11:41 AM
At the end of the game, he pushes a smurfin boulder by beating the :bou::bou::bou::bou: out of it with punches.

A smurfing boulder.This has convinced me to buy this game

LunarWeaver
03-15-2009, 07:22 PM
So there's this youth's diary you find in this game. He talks about white people coming in and smurfing them all over. Then these white folk come back and they believe the whities are offering them vaccination out of guilt or something, only to find they smurfed them over again. Some crazy company and a crazy white American are hellbent on exploiting everyone in the name of greed. And black people think this is racist against them? It seems to me the game's message is that the Africans are yet more victims of white Americans' ongoing desire to destroy everything.

Of course, it could just be a message against terrorists and colonization, but that would make sense, and who wants logic when we can have racism.

Edited away: Also, Wesker is a badass.

Levian
03-15-2009, 11:32 PM
I'm done with the game now :(

Also, I'm on 6-2 and the last boss Super Wesker on Roids is a smurfing bitch. I'm out of ammo on everything. :(

The first couple times I blew it bad, but he's pretty pathetic if you know how to get him. I had much more trouble on the uroboro boss on the ship, not to mention those acid leaking knife guru's that stab you to death if you get closer than 5 meter. :mad2:

Fonzie
03-16-2009, 01:55 PM
I'm done with the game now :(

Also, I'm on 6-2 and the last boss Super Wesker on Roids is a smurfing bitch. I'm out of ammo on everything. :(

The first couple times I blew it bad, but he's pretty pathetic if you know how to get him. I had much more trouble on the uroboro boss on the ship, not to mention those acid leaking knife guru's that stab you to death if you get closer than 5 meter. :mad2:

Be honest, you :bou::bou::bou::bou: bricks when Chris pushed that boulder. ;)

louby_4eva
03-16-2009, 10:56 PM
I spent all day on Saturday playing it with my partner and we completed it at 1:30AM. It was so worth it. Loved it, loved it, loved it :D :D :D

I am not sure if I prefer these controls to the original ones or not, but they're still really good :)

I need to play it on veteran now :D :D :D

Smile and Be happy :love:

LunarWeaver
03-17-2009, 01:40 AM
I'm on my second go. Still having fun with it! I spent 50,000 on getting Sheva's bow and getting much joy out of it. Pew Pew Pew. I love when I run away, 180, and aim, I can never see right at first because Chris is standing in front of me and he's so enormous he takes up my entire view.

So far I can't get a rank A on a mercenaries stage, but I haven't fussed with it too much yet.

Fonzie
03-17-2009, 01:42 AM
Want to play later tonight kyle?

LunarWeaver
03-17-2009, 01:47 AM
I can tomorrow, if you still want. I'm sort of sick of it for today. I'll need to hook it up in my room again to make it go online too. Right now it's on the huge ass TV I couldn't afford in my living room.

How does co-op even work? Do I keep all my Sheva equipment or get whatever you've given her?

Fonzie
03-17-2009, 02:01 AM
I can tomorrow, if you still want. I'm sort of sick of it for today. I'll need to hook it up in my room again to make it go online too. Right now it's on the huge ass TV I couldn't afford in my living room.

How does co-op even work? Do I keep all my Sheva equipment or get whatever you've given her?

You get to transfer all your equipment.

Fonzie
03-17-2009, 01:43 PM
Alright, I have to do a couple things, so it has to be later tonight 8ish or 9ish. :p

Magixion
03-17-2009, 03:53 PM
Mercenaries rulez! Also, I just love playing this game on co-op. It definitely makes for a good experience with a buddy.

LunarWeaver
03-18-2009, 09:03 PM
:bou::bou::bou::bou:, I forgot to play with Fonz.

Craig
03-18-2009, 09:12 PM
anyone fancy a go at co op?

Fonzie
03-18-2009, 09:39 PM
I'm angry with rage! :mad2:

LunarWeaver
03-18-2009, 11:22 PM
We can still play! Today, if it's early enough, or tomorrow around 6. If you let me keep my pretty infinite ammo pistol.

Dreddz
03-18-2009, 11:24 PM
Well I'm currently at 6-2 and I'm really lost for words on this game so far. I enjoyed the first few chapters in the shanty towns but it went waaaaaay down hill from there. Some of the levels are so uninspired, like the factory and refinary level. Its all well and good that the game has nice textures and animations but if the art design isn't there then it really is a wasted effort. I can't believe I'm on the last chapter and I'm on a ship. And a pretty generic one at that. I also didn't care for the part when your in the animal testing laboratory. I don't mind shooting dogs if they have tectacles coming out from all sides of their head but walking past caged animals is really not nice and just sad to look at.

I did have fun with this game though. The bosses were awesome Especially the Wesker fight with him walking towards you like the T-1000. Absolute badass. I also don't mind the controls personally, I'd rather not have all my TPS's play the same. The co-op is also a lot of fun, in fact I've only bothered playing the game with somebody else so I have no idea what Sheva's AI is like. I'm sure its terrible. I also like to nods to previous Resident Evil games like the Lickers from RE2 and the Drain Deimos from RE3.

Fonzie
03-19-2009, 05:13 AM
We can still play! Today, if it's early enough, or tomorrow around 6. If you let me keep my pretty infinite ammo pistol.

We shall play tomorrow.

LunarWeaver
03-19-2009, 06:05 AM
Mmk. I won't forget to hop on this time. My gamertag is LunarWeaver aka failure name.

I have an infinite ammo rifle too, but I don't think I'll use it so we aren't so overpowered. Just pistol. I'm pretty awful, though, especially during any part that involves a vehicle. Be prepared to leave the game in frustration.

SO:

One guy called me a faggot because I didn't thank him for showing me where an emblem is that I have seen other people shoot a million times. I couldn't give a :bou::bou::bou::bou: less about those emblems anyway.

I played with a guy that had over 26 thousand gamer points. It impressed me, shut up.

Chrises cannot help but spam "Come on!" constantly. Originally I hated Sheva because of her horrible AI and tendency to get chainsawed in half, but now I hate Chris because of human players. My misplaced grudges, poor guy.

Some guy with a headset talked the whole time, but I cannot understand words through headsets with my crap TV. He kept laughing at what I guess are jokes or something then tried to friend me. I'll just assume he fell in deep love with me and my abs of steel he intuitively knows I have.

Okay, I have no more boring stories none of you care about.

Magixion
03-19-2009, 05:21 PM
Anyone down for going through on the most difficult setting anytime soon? I am feeling a bit masochistic and need to get killed by zombies!

LunarWeaver
03-19-2009, 06:35 PM
I'd totally go through it with you, Maxi :bigsmile: Although not soon today since I have to run around and do some errands in a bit. If you want to go through it with me, anyway. If not, it's cool XD

Magixion
03-20-2009, 11:41 PM
I could just use a partner, so we can run through! Just let me know when you are free!

LunarWeaver
03-21-2009, 12:02 AM
I can play most of the time. Just set a date and I'll try to be there!

Fonzie
03-21-2009, 05:37 AM
You never play when I do. :(

LunarWeaver
03-21-2009, 05:42 AM
I know, what the hell :( I suck. I don't know what's happening. Just add my goddamn GamerTag already and when we're both on I'll ditch whatever I'm doing and go play with you. Unless I'm in the middle of shooting many barrels, which is the most entertaining activity in the whole game.

Fonzie
03-21-2009, 06:01 AM
I already added you.

I'm ReTrAc.

LunarWeaver
03-21-2009, 06:03 AM
That was you? Wait, I have played with you once then, haven't I?

Fonzie
03-21-2009, 06:52 AM
Might of played with my brother.

Iceglow
03-21-2009, 03:56 PM
I was trying it out earlier, I guess I need to get used to it because I sucked big time, though the huge guy in chapter 1.1 was painful!

Levian
03-21-2009, 04:01 PM
I was trying it out earlier, I guess I need to get used to it because I sucked big time, though the huge guy in chapter 1.1 was painful!

Yeah, I died so many times there. I thought I was supposed to stand my ground in that house and fight off everyone. :D

The place I died the most times was in the licker infested passage above the elevator. I don't remember the chapter but it was in the second half of the game somewhere. Anyone who's been there knows what I'm talking about.

Fonzie
03-21-2009, 06:27 PM

Yeah, I died so many times there. I thought I was supposed to stand my ground in that house and fight off everyone. :D

The place I died the most times was in the licker infested passage above the elevator. I don't remember the chapter but it was in the second half of the game somewhere. Anyone who's been there knows what I'm talking about.

Yeah, I'm going through with my brother to get all the guns upgraded and achievements and that part is the most annoying for sure.

Oh yeah, the first time you fight Wesker you can hurt him enough to automatically end the fight, get a jewel called the Heart of Africa worth 10,000, and also get an achievement.

LunarWeaver
03-21-2009, 06:37 PM
I've kinda tried to get him there before, but I never do from a mixture of laziness and lack of proper cooperation.

Fonzie
03-21-2009, 06:52 PM
We could do it after a bit today if you want.

I upgraded my S&W500 Mag all the way up and got infinite ammo the other day playing through veteran. :jokey:

LunarWeaver
03-21-2009, 06:56 PM
Aww, infinite magnum games are boring >[ I'm always so much weaker than they are too XD I have 350k and like 30,000 points because I never buy anything anymore.

Though if we played on veteran maybe I should change that.

Levian
03-21-2009, 07:07 PM
I added a poll to the thread.

I know the majority of you are playing this on the 360. Are there anyone on the PS3 who's interested in some co-op? I expect this game will be dumped in my mailbox by wednesday.

Fonzie
03-21-2009, 07:27 PM
Aww, infinite magnum games are boring >[ I'm always so much weaker than they are too XD I have 350k and like 30,000 points because I never buy anything anymore.

Though if we played on veteran maybe I should change that.

That's the best weapon though. :(

Hard as fuck to aim though, and also, poor Levian. :p

LunarWeaver
03-21-2009, 07:29 PM
I tried to use Sheva's bow, but damn, that thing is hard to aim too. It has no laser sight to help you, and with a laser sight I'm already bad enough.

Fonzie
03-21-2009, 07:30 PM
I tried to use Sheva's bow, but damn, that thing is hard to aim too. It has no laser sight to help you, and with a laser sight I'm already bad enough.

I can aim if I choose to take the time, but I'm rushing myself so much to get a good time that it makes for, well, very :bou::bou::bou::bou:ty accuracy.

LunarWeaver
03-21-2009, 07:33 PM
I think you should get on this instant.

Fonzie
03-21-2009, 07:34 PM
I think you should get on this instant.

Do you have a mic?

LunarWeaver
03-21-2009, 07:44 PM
Somewhere, but I have no idea where. I never wear it :p I hate that thing. Besides, I'd prefer you don't hear my extremely girly voice.

Dreddz
03-21-2009, 07:47 PM
Is it just me or is Mercaneries mode infinitely times better than the campaign? I never really touched it in RE4 but I can't get enough of it in RE5. Plus playing as Wesker is more fun than playing either Chris or Sheva. I can't get enough of his martial arts techniques, there just so ridiculous.

Also, coming from someone who beat the campaign mode and didn't touch it since, are all the weapons in Mercs Mode in the campaign also? There is a 4-barrel shotgun Wesker uses in Mercs which would be pretty bitchin if I could use that in the campaign. I need more reasons to keep playing this game as I can't afford to buy any other game for a long while now.

LunarWeaver
03-21-2009, 08:07 PM
I think Wesker is using the Hydra. You can unlock it by fully upgrading the Ithaca M37.

Fonz ended our game and left already :lol: That unsurprisingly happens to me often.

Fonzie
03-21-2009, 09:25 PM
We can play now Kyle, I had to go workout. :(

Also, can you hear me talking?

LunarWeaver
03-21-2009, 09:28 PM
I'll hop on in like 5 minutes. I can understand some words, but not most of them. Sorry :(

Who works out in America? That is not the way of this country.

Fonzie
03-21-2009, 10:19 PM
Did you get the two achievements?

LunarWeaver
03-21-2009, 10:20 PM
I had the Masters one from double-teaming Jill already, but I did get the Wesker achievement. It's nice to have it, thank you.

I for the life of me could not find the way to get back in the hallways xD I don't know about me.

Fonzie
03-21-2009, 10:21 PM
I had the Masters one from double-teaming Jill already, but I did get the Wesker achievement. It's nice to have it, thank you.

I for the life of me could not find the way to get back in the hallways xD I don't know about me.

Yeah, there was a chest with jewels and a Desert Eagle.

LunarWeaver
03-21-2009, 10:23 PM
I know, what's my problem! I've always gotten that chest before. I'm not sure why I became so direction challenged. Jill has never hit me after she knocks me off either until this time. Now I look like a big chump with gingivitis.

Fonzie
03-21-2009, 10:46 PM
I know, what's my problem! I've always gotten that chest before. I'm not sure why I became so direction challenged. Jill has never hit me after she knocks me off either until this time. Now I look like a big chump with gingivitis.

At least you got the Heart of Africa.

LunarWeaver
03-21-2009, 10:54 PM
You know we just completely spilled spoilers all over the place. Maybe we should mark some :bou::bou::bou::bou:.

Iceglow
03-22-2009, 02:30 AM
I stayed in the room twice until I realized running around jumping over things ect would get me much more ammo and time to pile the bullets I found in to him to win.

I'd be up for some co-op playing so long as people don't mind having someone whose skill is "nubcake!" as their partner I need some practise whilst aiming in Gears was pretty simple over the shoulder the style of resi 5 throws me. plus it's over the wrong shoulder if I remember correctly.

Markus. D
03-22-2009, 03:47 AM
Yes, I now know that Jill is in this game.

Among other things, please mark >:(

LunarWeaver
03-22-2009, 04:35 AM
I'm sorry, Nik :( I was going to mark mine, but he'd quoted me so it seemed pointless. I knew the person was in it before I played since Capcom concealed it so poorly, but it didn't ruin it for me or anything. It's more about the person's place in the game. Still, sorry though. I understand not wanting to know stuff.

I marked mine. It's Colton's problem now :grover:

Fonzie
03-22-2009, 04:56 AM
Want to play again in a few minutes again, Kyle?

I need those last 3 plates badly. :(

Levian
03-23-2009, 12:03 PM
Why won't this game appear in my mailbox already? :mad2:

Iceglow
03-23-2009, 07:12 PM
Hey guys, can I get some help on this game?

I'm currently at the start of chapter 3 where you've gotta go gather up the slate pieces. I have the map and in one village is a flooded area just after you get off the boat, I tried to run through the water but some giant crocodile kinda just munched me. Has anyone got any advice for me, I have the following weapons on my characters:

Chris:

Pistol
Shotgun
MP5
Draughanov (spelling? russian sniper rifle)

Sheeva:

Pistol
Rifle
Machine pistol smg
Hand grenades

I also have some incendentary and a flash grenade available. So any advice on what to do here with the giant crocodile mc-muncher is welcome.

LunarWeaver
03-23-2009, 07:29 PM
It's best to just run past them. When you see one poking out of the water, go to the left or right in a decent circle around it, heading for a ladder that's on the other side. I wouldn't stick around to fight one unless you were packing an infinite ammo magnum or something.

Fonzie
03-23-2009, 10:06 PM
I'll join and help if you need it.

Levian
03-23-2009, 11:15 PM
I never even considered to kill them, they're so damned fast so you can't really stand still long enough to kill it and not die in the process. They're always in the same spot when you're on the way to the ladder, so it should be easy to figure out a safe pattern for you to run. It's a bit worse when running back to the boat. :) But yeah, avoid.

LunarWeaver
03-24-2009, 12:33 AM
Haha, I'm number 26,814 on the mercenaries Public Assembly leaderboard with my pitiful score.

I'm horrible with Wesker (Midnight) and he's at most of the top spots.

Krelian
03-24-2009, 12:53 AM
So I played this game with a friend on Saturday from about 8 pm until 6 in the morning. Awesome experience, best coop game I've ever played. I think it's a great game, I've never really played RE4, though. I think I'll play Mercenaries more often now, it's really fun too.

Pure Strife
03-24-2009, 02:28 AM
This game made my already fairly idyllic existence even better. Thankyou Capcom =]

Iceglow
03-24-2009, 08:48 AM
I assume to get mercenaries we must first complete the game?

Dreddz
03-24-2009, 01:55 PM
I'm horrible with Wesker (Midnight) and he's at most of the top spots.
Yeah I never understood how people managed to get such high scores using the Midnight version of Wesker. He is only equipped with a Handgun and Magnum. The Magnum is inferior to his S.T.A.R.S counterpart due to reload time and he doesn't have the Hydra which is the most useful weapon in Mercenaries in my opinion. Maybe people just use him because he looks so cool.

LunarWeaver
03-24-2009, 07:15 PM
I assume to get mercenaries we must first complete the game?

Yessir.

Can S.T.A.R.S. Wesker do the dash? With Midnight clicking in the right stick makes him do this run, but it takes health and doesn't seem to do much. Maybe I'm using that wrong.

Wesker did get all the cool melee moves though. He makes Chris' stomp look even more ridiculous.

Iceglow
03-25-2009, 12:22 AM
I've pretty much upgraded some of my guns to maximum ammo capacity (magnum 11 shot clip for example) How do I get the infinite ammo version of the gun, and sorry for being a nub

LunarWeaver
03-25-2009, 12:27 AM
You have to beat the game once on any difficulty first. After that, you can go into Bonus Features and spend the points you've been getting after each finished chapter to make a weapon have infinite ammo.

Edit:

And holy goose, look at these two getting 665k on Mercenaries (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGNX_Ff-hz0).

It looks to me like Midnight's pistol sets up for melee attacks the most and his melee moves kill everyone in one hit except the mini-bosses running around, which the magnum destroys. I can't believe how much extra time he racked up from smacking everyone in the face. I also can't believe how quickly he functions this game's unnecessarily :bou::bou::bou::bou:ty inventory system.

Fonzie
03-25-2009, 04:40 AM
I got the infinite launcher. :D

Iceglow
03-25-2009, 09:05 AM
I think I found my weapon of preference, the stun rod! I seriously whooped some ass with it yesterday allowing me to save all my ammo for the bosses. 100 round MP5 clip to the bosses face generally = win atleast on easy it does.

LunarWeaver
03-27-2009, 03:51 AM
Anybody wanna help me clear the three chapters I need to clear on Veteran to unlock the final difficulty. I have barely played the later ones at all, so I don't want to do it with strangers. They'll get all pissy because I don't know wtf I'm doing.

Fonzie
03-27-2009, 03:58 AM
Anybody wanna help me clear the three chapters I need to clear on Veteran to unlock the final difficulty. I have barely played the later ones at all, so I don't want to do it with strangers. They'll get all pissy because I don't know wtf I'm doing.

I'll help you later tomorrow night if you haven't.

About to sleep.

LunarWeaver
03-27-2009, 05:25 AM
Sounds good.

Psychotic
03-27-2009, 09:53 PM
Finally have this game now. Really enjoyed what I've played so far, although me and my brother seem to chew through ammo like there's no tomorrow...and I'm an avid knife fanatic!

Fonzie
03-27-2009, 10:03 PM
Finally have this game now. Really enjoyed what I've played so far, although me and my brother seem to chew through ammo like there's no tomorrow...and I'm an avid knife fanatic!

We shall play later tonight as well. :jess:

Psychotic
03-27-2009, 10:05 PM
This is going to be Fable II all over again isn't it? I still chuckle at the thought of me accidentally murdering a bunch of people in the town square in your game, and then we had to cossack dance for ten whole minutes to win their love back.

LunarWeaver
03-27-2009, 10:12 PM
Whichever of you uses Sheva gets a Christmas present. She's like Chris if you took out all the suck.

Fonzie
03-27-2009, 10:39 PM
This is going to be Fable II all over again isn't it? I still chuckle at the thought of me accidentally murdering a bunch of people in the town square in your game, and then we had to cossack dance for ten whole minutes to win their love back.

Actually, we could play for about 30 minutes right now if you want to before I go too work.

Polaris
03-27-2009, 11:18 PM
I tried the demo on my bf's ps3 and played with him! It was really confusing at the beginning because I still have the old playstation method, when the analogs don't do much. So obviously we lost but I still killed some! I do feel RE is not very scary anymore, from what I've seen it's rather kill + blood + lots of black people!

Madame Adequate
03-28-2009, 03:54 AM
So yeah been playing through this with a pal, a couple of hours a couple of times a week. Today we went to do the usual after my classes and a couple of pints, and lo, after three hours we were making good progress, so I figured I'd hang out another hour.

We ended up playing the game for about seven hours and getting from the end of the Refinery to the end credits. :p

Fairly fuckawesome. Wesker was a total :bou::bou::bou::bou: to beat, we had a lot of trouble with that, and the QTEs in the final fight were retarded.

Because we finished at 12:45am and I had a nearly hour-long walk back, we didn't mess with unlockables or Mercs or anything like that xD

Psychotic
03-29-2009, 08:51 PM
I think that with a bit of testing, they could've shortened a few really long fights that get repetetive (hello pulling that thing off Jill) fast and done something about that bastard inventory. I still really dig it, though.

Necronopticous
03-29-2009, 09:33 PM
I think that with a bit of testing, they could've shortened a few really long fights that get repetetive (hello pulling that thing off Jill) fastCapcom just wanted to ensure that players would have plenty of time to finish themselves off. I was appreciative.

Fonzie
03-30-2009, 09:58 PM
If anyone ever needs help with anything, just drop me a PM, I'll probably help.

Xbox LIVE only.

LunarWeaver
03-30-2009, 11:26 PM
I hate when they want me to drive in 3-1. I cannot drive any vehicle in any capacity well, rather in real life or in a video game. The vehicle parts of Gears of War 2 were a mess, just ask Psychotic. It's supposed to be understood that Chris does everything while I sit on my ass.

Anyway, I have Sheva's tribal costume now :mastersha I feel the need to wear it just to show off that I have no life.

Psychotic
03-30-2009, 11:36 PM
HOW I GET INFIN LAUNCHER????

PS: You know what? I'm a Sheva man too. The bow is pimpin'.

Fonzie
03-30-2009, 11:50 PM
HOW I GET INFIN LAUNCHER????

PS: You know what? I'm a Sheva man too. The bow is pimpin'.

Aha, only I can get the infinite launcher.

Psychotic
03-30-2009, 11:51 PM
It's cool, I don't need it anymore. I thought I needed it for my stockpile achievement but it turns out what I was lacking was grenades.

Fonzie
03-30-2009, 11:55 PM
It's cool, I don't need it anymore. I thought I needed it for my stockpile achievement but it turns out what I was lacking was grenades.

Have you gotten the handcannon yet?

LunarWeaver
03-30-2009, 11:56 PM
When I beat it on Veteran my infinite rocket launcher popped up.

Psychotic
03-31-2009, 12:00 AM
Have you gotten the handcannon yet?Yes. I have every gun fully maxed.

Fonzie
03-31-2009, 12:05 AM
Have you gotten the handcannon yet?Yes. I have every gun fully maxed.

How the fuck have you already...

Psychotic
03-31-2009, 12:07 AM
Because I am MLG Pro :cool: :cool: :cool:

(ps: if you don't believe me, feel free to check out my achievements!)

Fonzie
03-31-2009, 12:10 AM
We should do merc's later.

Psychotic
03-31-2009, 12:35 AM
ahahah what the fuck. I was fighting the first chainsaw guy and we downed him pretty quickly because bow + gatling gun = :aimsun:. Walk up to his corpse, pick up the guard key, then he pops right back up again and slices Chris in half.

Levian
03-31-2009, 12:48 AM
I can't make up my mind between Chris and Sheva. Stabbing in the chest is better than stomping their chest, but slamming them in the face is better than somersaulting their face. I always end up being Chris because my friends can't handle upgrading/selling/buying. A friend of mine actually discarded the magnum because it was all out of bullets and he wanted to pick up machine gun ammo.

He's not that bad now though, he's made much progress, and I actually prefer playing with him rather than this other guy I sometimes play with. He pumps every god damned zombie full of lead. He could easily use 4 shells on each zombie, 2 to kill them and 2 to waste on the post mortem body twisting. I run around with the knife to make up for his total waste. It physically pains me to watch. I hope the magnum discarder gets home from Germany soon so I can play with him again.

Necronopticous
03-31-2009, 04:48 AM
Who wants to help me go through Veteran right now? I actually have some time to play.

LunarWeaver
03-31-2009, 07:07 PM
I haven't played with someone stupid enough to drop the bridge on me... until today. But this is my fault for staying in a game with someone who says "Come on!" every other second. Sigh. The only reason I stayed was because joining games is so tedious in RE5. I guess I find restarting annoying instead of funny.

Fonzie
03-31-2009, 09:41 PM
Who wants to help me go through Veteran right now? I actually have some time to play.

I'll help later today if you need it.

Iceglow
04-03-2009, 11:29 PM
On doing the final bosses once again (getting me more achievements) Psy and myself noticed that on Sheva's tribal outfit she is infact wearing a white thong under the skirts we noticed this because during the scene where Chris must save Sheva from certain death the camera pans up and gives a perfect up skirt shot we felt this must be shared with you. Also anyone having trouble getting the "lead asprin" achievement try using Jill BSAA for mercs because her handgun has the highest headshot critical ratio I've seen on any gun, pretty much shoot a zombie in the face it's a exploding skull job.

Psychotic
04-04-2009, 04:59 PM
Look, don't drag me into your seedy underbelly of assessing digital Africal ladies' undergarments! I'm not like you! :shifty:

If anyone wants to do mercenaries with me at some point today that'd be cool as I can only seem to get god damn B's solo and thus can't unlock :bou::bou::bou::bou:.

Iceglow
04-04-2009, 05:47 PM
Psy, I managed to do some doubles with some randoms and managed to unlock chris (safari) and wesker (midnight) I think it has to do with not just how many we kill but how many of the time combo's we find.

Also you noticed it first you damn liar I was busy admiring Excella or whatever her name is the one who was on the bad guy's side.

Fonzie
04-04-2009, 06:13 PM
I feel like mercs right now actually, anyone up for it?

Iceglow
04-04-2009, 06:15 PM
I don't suck too badly and am on, gamer tag is iceglow

Fonzie
04-04-2009, 08:15 PM
Damn shipyard. :p

Iceglow
04-04-2009, 08:29 PM
That does indeed deserve cursing, even with both of us playing midnight wesker it was damn hard.

Psychotic
04-04-2009, 10:06 PM
Did some ass kickery solo mercs and have a few characters unlocked for that now. I think a Jill BSAA and Wesker Midnight combo for headshots + magnum for bosses would be the best one.

Fonzie
04-04-2009, 10:10 PM
Did some ass kickery solo mercs and have a few characters unlocked for that now. I think a Jill BSAA and Wesker Midnight combo for headshots + magnum for bosses would be the best one.

Usually this is good, but sometimes you need a good shotgun for tight spots depending on maps.

Iceglow
04-04-2009, 10:26 PM
Thanks to the Fonz I now have pretty much every character so far, though our co-ordination could have done better at times I forgot I had set up a private chat channel earlier on and wasn't talking with Fonz for quite a while. Still we got me plenty of A ranks apart from on the ships deck, we're having trouble with the chainsaw mofos! I have currently 13300 bonus points so this means in either 2000 or so points or 6700 points I can have an infinite ammo magnum for storyline obviously the choice I'd go for is the 6700 points and do the infinite handcannon. I'm also looking to build up money soon too so once I got the infinite handcannon/magnum I'll do some hard mode story with ya psy and that way I can get more of my beloved money!

Psychotic
04-04-2009, 10:54 PM

Usually this is good, but sometimes you need a good shotgun for tight spots depending on maps.S.T.A.R.S. Wesker it is, then.

Fonzie
04-04-2009, 10:59 PM

Usually this is good, but sometimes you need a good shotgun for tight spots depending on maps.S.T.A.R.S. Wesker it is, then.

I have yet to get him actually, who wants to play really quick?

LunarWeaver
04-05-2009, 04:16 AM
Playing on Professional with nothing but Sheva's bow and a shotgun is the most fun I've ever had with this game. I am happy. Happy like Quina after marriage.

Fonzie
04-05-2009, 07:14 PM
Everyone unlocked on mercs, yes!

Psychotic
04-06-2009, 12:44 AM
Best death ever. Firing rocket, Chris steps in front of it, bang, both dead!

LunarWeaver
04-07-2009, 12:48 AM
Why is this game giving me such grief on Live all the sudden? It tells me just about everything is canceled or full, even when the same game appears in the list again. It even tells me it's canceled when joining friends. The Mercenaries lags to the extent it's unplayable for me. I don't understand :( It only seems to be happening with this game.

Fonzie
04-07-2009, 01:15 AM
Why is this game giving me such grief on Live all the sudden? It tells me just about everything is canceled or full, even when the same game appears in the list again. It even tells me it's canceled when joining friends. The Mercenaries lags to the extent it's unplayable for me. I don't understand :( It only seems to be happening with this game.

Haha, I was racking up epic kills, and you drop the game.

Psychotic
04-07-2009, 01:32 AM
I'm going to guess your NAT has dropped to Strict or Moderate, Lunar. Might want to start resetting some things. Also unlocked all Mercenaries characters, plus the only achievements I need now are the ones for completing it on Veteran and Pro.

Versus is coming out soon but I don't think having to stop in order to shoot makes a very good online game. :-/

LunarWeaver
04-07-2009, 08:23 PM
It seems to have fixed itself. Hopefully permanently.

I've grown to love playing Mercenaries. Mostly I just do Public Assembly over and over though XD I managed to get SS with BSAA J-dog. The pistol is nice and all, but her machine gun is perfect to shoot out their knees and knock them to the ground. Finishing moves galore for the +5. At least, when you can find the prompt in time. Is it just me or does the melee prompt when they're on the ground take forever to come up sometimes?

Psychotic
04-07-2009, 08:25 PM
Word up on the BSAA J-Dog. Best thing for Public Assembly is just to chill in the bus 'cause Axeboy can't do :bou::bou::bou::bou: to you once you're in there. I've been getting straight S with Tribal Sheva because bow + nitro freezing kicking action for more time = hecka yeah. Haven't tried Jill on there but I will have to soon.

About to get 1000 gamer points too, just a few more chapters to do on pro. :aimsun:

Iceglow
04-07-2009, 10:48 PM
Psy, you gotta do pro with me too biatch you're my game wingman!

Psychotic
04-07-2009, 10:50 PM
If you didn't work so late I wouldn't have to fuck the milkman. :monster:

Iceglow
04-07-2009, 10:58 PM
If you didn't work so late I wouldn't have to smurf the milkman. :monster:

I really oughta stop working so late making the milk for the milkman to deliver!

Fonzie
04-08-2009, 01:49 AM
Versus is so fucking badass and high-paced.

Get it you guys.

Psychotic
04-08-2009, 02:35 AM
Me and Iceglow beat Wesker and Jill on professional.

57 deaths. My fucking god!

Fonzie
04-08-2009, 02:38 AM

57 deaths. My smurfing god!

If it were Kyle and I we would of had it beaten at 5 deaths. :p

Psychotic
04-08-2009, 02:40 AM
Infinite rocket launcher doesn't work in that fight, so maybe not.

Fonzie
04-08-2009, 02:43 AM
You shoot it at Wesker and then shoot it with a pistol bullet, or just get Wesker stuck on the side of a window and shoot at him with the handcannon.

Iceglow
04-08-2009, 03:00 AM

Not only does infinite rocket launcher not work, theres a whole load of messy stuff that just gets you killed and Jill gets back up very fast.

Though me and Psy did actually get Wesker to smurf off way before his 7 mins were up though that took forever to get right. We're not about to hand a guide book to you on this we figured it out via a LOT of trial and error if someone else is up for it go figure! Theres gotta be SOME challenges left in the game.

Beating them isn't as easy as it seems. It's definitely not a 38 min level (one of my best times for chapter 5-3 on normal) This is edge of the seat infuriatingly hard stuff. Still I'm impressed, we saw Jill do some attacks we hadn't seen and we still remembered to pick the Heart of Africa up (even figuring a good way to grab that wasn't easy! Jill is friendly with her twin VZ61's and she loves to share!)

I'm really stoked about this also I even managed to pull the FULL Chris vs Wesker melee combo of counter, hook, hook, body blow, finishing blow off unfortunately it wasn't during the one we won but still!

PS, Fonz you're talking chapter 6.3 we're talking chapter 5.3 where Wesker is running around with Jill so you're contending with the fact that BOTH of them can 1 hit kill you.

Fonzie
04-08-2009, 03:09 AM

Not only does infinite rocket launcher not work, theres a whole load of messy stuff that just gets you killed and Jill gets back up very fast.

Though me and Psy did actually get Wesker to smurf off way before his 7 mins were up though that took forever to get right. We're not about to hand a guide book to you on this we figured it out via a LOT of trial and error if someone else is up for it go figure! Theres gotta be SOME challenges left in the game.

Beating them isn't as easy as it seems. It's definitely not a 38 min level (one of my best times for chapter 5-3 on normal) This is edge of the seat infuriatingly hard stuff. Still I'm impressed, we saw Jill do some attacks we hadn't seen and we still remembered to pick the Heart of Africa up (even figuring a good way to grab that wasn't easy! Jill is friendly with her twin VZ61's and she loves to share!)

I'm really stoked about this also I even managed to pull the FULL Chris vs Wesker melee combo of counter, hook, hook, body blow, finishing blow off unfortunately it wasn't during the one we won but still!

PS, Fonz you're talking chapter 6.3 we're talking chapter 5.3 where Wesker is running around with Jill so you're contending with the fact that BOTH of them can 1 hit kill you.

You get Jill to run around top story, let Jill follow Sheva up stairs, throw her, let Wesker run through the maze like shiz, wait till he gets in a window view, and unload at him.

He stays at the same spot trying to attack you, while you have Sheva look over at Jill to alert you when she gets up.

Psychotic
04-08-2009, 03:15 AM
Pssh, exploiting his pathing AI is for sissies! Real men fight him in the open hand-to-hand and die 57 times. http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e373/photobucketamazingness/emot-colbert.gif

LunarWeaver
04-08-2009, 03:18 AM
That is very impressive! I'd like to give it a go sometime or another. Professional is great fun.

And I would not allow the infinite rocket launcher anyway :aimmad: That thing is the devil. I'd ban the handcannon too if I could, but then nobody would ever play with me.

Iceglow
04-08-2009, 03:22 AM
The handcannon is my handgun in that game. I use it instead of any other handguns because I don't need rate of fire but damage is useful and whilst it own's bosses I tend to use the VZ61/AK-74 (I just got it on infinite ammo will be using that from now on as my machine gun) a lot more because of the rate of fire. Though when faced by the shield carrying Nidyapayan tribes people it's very effective.

Edit: Also yeah the fight when we done it took place in the central chamber of the room. We didn't use the catacombic corridors because it's bad enough when you can run away in to an open area let alone in to a tightly controlled area. I think doing it in the open and winning is worthy of an achievement.

As for Professional being enjoyable. It's what I remember RE games to be, nailbitingly terrifying crap the pants and send the laundry bill to capcom stuff. I like it but once I complete the bosses on this I am never going to do them on pro again. Sod that for a laugh even with the practice of 57 attempts it takes a lot of luck and nerve.

Psychotic
04-08-2009, 03:27 AM
I'd ban the handcannon too if I could, but then nobody would ever play with me.What about the L. Hawk?

LunarWeaver
04-08-2009, 03:39 AM
L. Hawk isn't so bad. And its name makes it irresistible to all. Though in Professional I don't hate the handcannon so much. During the later chapters I would probably use one myself, God help me. But I'd feel dirty after.

Psychotic
04-08-2009, 03:46 AM
I think Shotgun + Sniper set up is the best, with a magnum (or the rawket lawwwwncher which you love so much!) for bosses or sub-bosses. No need whatsoever to use a magnum on regular Joe Majini though.

EDIT: Grenade Launcher + Flash Rounds for headsprouters and spiders too.

LunarWeaver
04-08-2009, 03:52 AM
Magnum I can fly with, but I would get on my mic and bitch at you until you took that launcher out of your inventory if I had to.

Fonzie
04-08-2009, 03:54 AM
Magnum I can fly with, but I would get on my mic and bitch at you until you took that launcher out of your inventory if I had to.

Wait, I used it when we played I swear. You didn't say a thing. :mad2:

LunarWeaver
04-08-2009, 03:58 AM
Because I know you wouldn't remove it anyway :aimmad:

Psychotic
04-08-2009, 04:01 AM
You should get a rocket launcher of your own and keep betraying people with it until they take theirs out.

Fonzie
04-08-2009, 04:11 AM
You should get a rocket launcher of your own and keep betraying people with it until they take theirs out.

SNAKE, YOU CREATED A TIME PARADOX

Psychotic
04-08-2009, 09:57 PM
Just beat it on professional solo, 1000G :cool: (smurf versus achievements)

EDIT: Just got my first SS solo on mercs too! :aimsun: 99,000 points.

LunarWeaver
04-08-2009, 10:34 PM
Does that mean you have a golden egg I can borrow?

OH WAIT, WE CAN'T GET IN THE SAME GAME LOLOLOL. /sigh

I have never managed a SS by myself D: I have quite a few on public assembly now, though. I took the advice to stand in the bus, though with a rifle instead of the bow, and the next game the guy jumped to a character with a rifle and did the same thing xD The copier becomes the copied. I'll get double S with Safari one of these days. I kind of hate using him, but it must be done.

And this guy tried to friend request me, which happens now and then, but I never accept them. Anyway, it made the situation awkward so I just left. As soon as I do, he sends me a message saying nice things about me. I felt bad so I just went off for a while entirely. Then I figured, oh he's probably one of those people that friends everyone and has 99 of them that he never sees. I peeked into his profile the next day and he has zero :aimblush: I've never felt so bad in my whole life.

Levian
04-08-2009, 11:00 PM
oh my god you have to find him and befriend him! That's what Hugh Grant would do.

Psychotic
04-08-2009, 11:00 PM
Does that mean you have a golden egg I can borrow? Ask Iceglow. He let me borrow his.

And this guy tried to friend request me, which happens now and then, but I never accept them. Anyway, it made the situation awkward so I just left. As soon as I do, he sends me a message saying nice things about me. I felt bad so I just went off for a while entirely. Then I figured, oh he's probably one of those people that friends everyone and has 99 of them that he never sees. I peeked into his profile the next day and he has zero :aimblush: I've never felt so bad in my whole life.If you set it so that other people can't see your friends I think it says 0. Check mine!

LunarWeaver
04-08-2009, 11:23 PM
Oh, that's good :bigsmile: I feel less bad now. And I'm no Hugh Grant, I'm afraid. I don't have the same ugly-yet-hot appeal. And I'm not British. Or English. Or whatever.

I wonder if I could even get in a game via invite with anyone at this point. I need to focus on professional before the egg business anyway.

Fonzie
04-09-2009, 05:39 AM
Oh, that's good :bigsmile: I feel less bad now. And I'm no Hugh Grant, I'm afraid. I don't have the same ugly-yet-hot appeal. And I'm not British. Or English. Or whatever.

I wonder if I could even get in a game via invite with anyone at this point. I need to focus on professional before the egg business anyway.

Kyle, want to help my clear Pro this weekend?

Iceglow
04-09-2009, 11:19 PM
What am I? Eggman? lol seriously though yeah you can borrow the golden egg, would you believe me and a friend got 2 in the same level about 20 seconds from each other. Also that was my second gold egg find, I found one and ate it to regain health playing with my friend who came over mine and did split screen with me (I selected wrong and didn't realize gold eggs were liquid gold dust)

LunarWeaver
04-10-2009, 09:01 PM
Goddamn rocket launcher I hate it so goddamn much GODDAMNIT. :aimmad: I won't even go further into it since that statement applies to multiple games.

I will if I can even get in a game with you, Fonz! I seem to be having trouble with that. Eggman :bigsmile: It would be lovely borrow a golden egg sometime or another.

LunarWeaver
04-11-2009, 12:59 AM
:bou::bou::bou::bou:, I deleted my old message without keeping what I said. It said something like sure, Fonz, if I can get into the game, and it would be lovely and nice if I could borrow an egg sometime or another.

undeleted it :p ~Lev

Anywho:

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i29/LunarWeaver/0410091944.jpg

Beat Wesker and J-dog. 42 deaths, jesus almighty. That was a crazy fight. We did manage to defeat Wesker before the time was up. He had a rocket launcher he tried to use and quickly ditched, and then a handcannon he used, but it honestly didn't hit him enough. Surprisingly what worked for us was machine guns xD We got him between us and all that good stuff and shot smurfing crazy style, as evidenced by my accuracy rating.

For tearing that mothersmurfer off, we had a hard time at first, especially since if you don't dodge you're dead no matter what. Eventually I sent him a message that said let's shoot it 6 times or so before even attempting to tear it off. When we did that, it came off the very first time I tried. Yay! We equipped ourselves with grenade launchers and flash rounds too. If she ever began to shoot we just flashed her to make her stop. When she was getting up after being thrown, one of us would flash right in front of her to keep her in place for the few seconds the other needed to grab her again. It was sexy as all get out.

Boring story, FIN.

Iceglow
04-11-2009, 08:28 PM
Gamer tag is Iceglow easily enough add me and sure you can borrow the gold egg, though Psy also has his own now.

As for Wesker - Jill fight, Wesker is a pain but he's vunerable whenever he attacks you so if you are capable of dodging him then the handcannon or other magnums work wonder just don't bother with the hydra. Shotguns are too slow to fire and likely to miss with much of their damage. As for the attacks, when he dashes thats a vunerbility, when he does his leaping roundhouse as you go past thats a vunerability theres lots of times when you can kick his ass.

Jill is a damn swine to kick the crap out of but you done the right tactic shooting the device is the only way to do it. Just shoot the device when she's standing up and then throw her to the ground then attempt to rip the device off, when one player sits on her ripping the device off the second should equip a healing spray or herb so that when Jill throws the player off and kicks should they miss the dodge you can heal them right there and then. If you wait until the end of the stagger animation they're already dead.

You're right though, doing that fight without abusing the AI is damn crazy hard hell 6-3 is easier than 5-3 lol and yes this means I have my professional achievement.

LunarWeaver
04-11-2009, 08:58 PM
We tried to heal each other if we missed a dodge, but it wouldn't work. We would stand right next to each other mashing B, but they just kept saying "I'm coming!" over and over instead of healing each other. It made my hair frizzle. The prompt didn't even come up. We didn't try actually equipping one though.

As for Wesker, he had the handcannon and his aim left much to be desired. I assume that's why he just gave up with it. My aim is pretty crap too, actually. I wouldn't do well in that fight with one. When he dashes I run away XD I'm not good at hitting the Counterattack button in time either. Our lack of skill left us with slow tactics.

Fonzie
04-11-2009, 09:39 PM
Only I possess awesome aim with the handcannon!

Psychotic
04-12-2009, 02:52 AM
I've got Tribal Sheva down to an art now. Can get SS with ease.

I'm thinking for Duos, though, a Battlesuit Jill-S.T.A.R.S. Wesker combo would be potent, provided they are played right and Jill goes for knee shots with her SMG and Wesker goes for pistol headshots, both resulting in a melee kill. When bosses come, PSG1 and magnum, and PSG1 and Hydra can be used for maintaining the combo.

Iceglow
04-13-2009, 03:10 AM
We tried to heal each other if we missed a dodge, but it wouldn't work. We would stand right next to each other mashing B, but they just kept saying "I'm coming!" over and over instead of healing each other. It made my hair frizzle. The prompt didn't even come up. We didn't try actually equipping one though.

Hence you should equip the healing spray in inventory and it'll have "X to heal partner" display on screen when close enough if you get kicked then hitting X will still heal them even whilst they recover from the kick which is in fact the only way to avoid dying in this the B button heal prompt comes up when they stand up and can move, by this point in time they are actually dead in game. Me and Psy found this out after much trial and error.

As for Wesker, he had the handcannon and his aim left much to be desired. I assume that's why he just gave up with it. My aim is pretty crap too, actually. I wouldn't do well in that fight with one. When he dashes I run away XD I'm not good at hitting the Counterattack button in time either. Our lack of skill left us with slow tactics.

Thats the best thing to do, whilst counter attacking is a good looking move it's really hard to pull off on pro since the button can be any button and it lasts for about 1 second of entry time (on amateur it's more like 4 seconds for reference) you run away from the dash after plugging him with a shot as he builds up to the dash, moving slightly back and away to the side is usually enough for his initial kick to miss you. Meanwhile your partner should be plugging him with repeated handcannon rounds in the ass from the other side of the room.

Everytime Jill gets up just quickly throw her, theres a trick to staying alive during this process, make Wesker focus on the "throw" character because they once animated in the throw will be briefly invincible. This works when picking up items too or doing a melee attack, in fact this little nugget of information has kept me alive in Mercs pretty much countless times, I can always dump an item when I have a quiet moment if it's useless or even throw something like a rotten egg at an enemy quickly if I get the chance.

Needless to say though I doubt I'll play much "pro" levels now I've completed them because unless I do it with a friend theres no real desire in getting my ass handed to me like 50 times on a level unless there was an achievement for getting all A or S ranks on them.

LunarWeaver
04-15-2009, 11:48 PM
I beat Jill and Wesker in 3 deaths :kaoclove: Except he used the rocket launcher to take Wesker down, so it's actually not impressive at all.

Iceglow
04-16-2009, 02:01 AM
Me and Psy just finished the game on Veteran tonight this means in records we now have completed the game 100% I also unlocked the infinite rocket launcher too. I just need to build up my points to buy all infinite ammo, farm a couple of S ranks on Amateur and then I'm going to focus on acquiring the versus mode achievements. 48 out of 60 acquired. This is the only game I've actively said "hey I'm going to farm these achievements" so far I've enjoyed the process of doing so. After all I'm quite methodical with the way I work on games. I think this might spawn an achievement farming monster in me.

Psychotic
04-18-2009, 02:25 AM
Me and the man ^ here got our first duo SS.

Also, I just had a monster of a solo game. Got a lot of nitro grenades and a combo of 50+ to put me into the top 2,000 (out of 431,000) on the leaderboards.

whattup bitches can't touch mah skillz :aimsun:

EDIT:

I just glitched through a door in missile base ahahha. I can shoot zombies, they can't shoot me.

Iceglow
04-20-2009, 01:25 AM
Me and Psy were messing around pairing up different characters with Tribal Sheva on Public Assembly. I tried Jill (battlesuit), Chris BSAA, Chris Safari and Sheva BSAA. We had double S ranks eventually with all combinations in some interesting games, Jill battlesuit doesn't play too differently from bsaa jill to be honest, you don't really need to use her rifle you just use the vz61 and aim for legs, Sheva BSAA is pretty much the same though her rifle does pack a nice punch for sniping bosses so these were not so surprising. The ones we used which surprised us was the two Chris outfits. Chris BSAA with the ithaca with it's large ammo capacity is fully capable of keeping a combo going for ridiculous amounts of time, me and Psy got a combo time bonus so big that by the time we defeated the 150th and final enemy we had 2 mins on the clock and hadn't even gone and gathered the last few time limit bonuses. Just don't try to go toe to toe with an executioner lead it to Sheva and then when she's blasting him with the beautiful longbow just keep her covered, simply standing a few feet behind her blasting anything that moves with the ithaca works well, tossing hand grenades in to large groups is also useful at times. We got 7224th or so in rankings for that. Chris Safari is pretty similar except the M3 shotgun is pretty much the most powerful shotgun but it'll get wiped out easily because they give just 20 shells (stingy gits) therefore hunting for rounds using the handgun is not uncommon, this outfit relies on team work to take down the 3 executioners, Sheva can have one and Chris can take 2 with his 2 rocket launcher shots. The biggest issue as well is trying to keep Chris in the clear so he can plug his missiles off accurately before the executioner gets too close.

LunarWeaver
04-21-2009, 08:08 PM
The best thing I ever learned to do in mercs was reload the gun manually in their inventory. Hitting square (or X) over the bullets and square again on the gun to combine them is much faster than sitting through the character's reload animation with a lot of the weapons. I usually do it while they do other things like melee attacks, climbing ladders, hitting time bonuses, whatever. It's a savior for the likes of Hydra and the handcannon.

So I am getting a PS3 and now I have to get this game again for that to play with my brother and Daniel. For smurf's sake, I'll be poor again.