PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on English Voices

Forsaken Lover
03-10-2009, 12:43 PM
Basically who were the best and worst of the voice-actors and actresses in X and X-2? In your opinion of course.

James Taylor annoys me but that's not really his fault. The character of Tidus is stupid and he did an admirable job conveying just how stupid Tidus was.
He showed he could do a decent character with Shuyin however. He has some awesome dialogue during the final battles.

Yar
03-10-2009, 12:46 PM
Wakka's the best because he reminds me of Bender and Elzar.

Lacarus
03-10-2009, 12:53 PM
James Taylor and Hedy Burress both were annoying. I've never heard a falser laughter. Then again, English voiceover isn't compatible with Japanese motioncaptured actors.

Forsaken Lover
03-10-2009, 12:58 PM
During the Laughing Scene yeah but at other times the laughter seemed just fine to me. Yuna laughs tons in X-2 and it seemed genuine enough.

Lacarus
03-10-2009, 01:03 PM
I didn't pay much attention to the voice-acting in X-2, maybe because it didn't stand out compared to X.

Forsaken Lover
03-10-2009, 09:05 PM
YouTube - Shuyin Battle Quotes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaSN8uFGxJ4)

Here's a sample of Taylor's Shuyin. I like it.

Roogle
03-10-2009, 09:07 PM
I felt that Hedy Burress did a much better job in Final Fantasy X-2 than Final Fantasy X for the role of Yuna. I think that the localization team allowed her to take more liberties with the script and with the expression of the character by that point.

LunarWeaver
03-10-2009, 09:55 PM
I didn't have a problem with any of them. I thought they were all up to the task well enough. And the only way to voice a video game is with a strong cast or a horrible one that is funny, so I'm happy. Lulu is my favorite voice if I had to pick one.

Jessweeee♪
03-11-2009, 12:00 AM
I thought James Arnold Taylor did a fantastic job n.n

One thing I didn't like was his crying at Home, it just sounded odd. For Yuna, her lips moved more than she talked. I don't know much about the Japanese language, but I'm guessing it takes more words to speak formally like she does. It doesn't seem to be a problem in FFX-2 when her personality is different.

FFIX Choco Boy
03-11-2009, 03:01 AM
Yeah, formalities in Japanese are usually longer words. I thought that John DiMaggio did a nice job on Wakka and Kimahri. Paula Tiso was my favorite voice though, she fit the part really well as Lulu.

sdm42393
03-12-2009, 03:39 AM
None of them were really that great, yet none of them were that bad (imo).

Wolfen
03-12-2009, 05:05 AM
I have only heard Tidus and Yuna. Tidus sounded like he should play some puppy character in a Disney movie and Yuna seemed more suited for a Disney princess.

So basicly, they arent bad, but they are hella annoying.

Forsaken Lover
03-12-2009, 03:39 PM
Aw come on. Nooj was voiced by the guy who did Superman in TAS and Justice League.
He's an excellent voice-actor.