PDA

View Full Version : The Death Thread

Levian
03-11-2009, 03:26 AM
Post here when you die! :p Let's hope you won't have to post too many times. ;)

I haven't died in a while but that smug bastard Dyne killed me yesterday. I forgot to fix around the materia to Barrett before it was too late and then he got in 3 hits in a row. :( Rapps got close to killing me just now too, but I showed him. :cool:

DarkBahamut
03-11-2009, 05:43 AM

I haven't died in a while but that smug bastard Dyne killed me yesterday. I forgot to fix around the materia to Barrett before it was too late and then he got in 3 hits in a row. :( Rapps got close to killing me just now too, but I showed him. :cool:

I was seeing if my "Regen Strategy" would work against Emerald. I had Cloud FIRE HIS LAZER (inflict the most damage) with KOTR and made Cid use Regen+All. Barret used his Ungarmax, but Emerald had good defense so, Barret only damaged about 270x18 (4860?). Cloud's Omnislash only inflicted about 560 per hit so I believe 560x19 or 560x21 (From 10640 - 11760). Then Emerald opened up a can of WHOOP @$$. He killed Cid (The Invincifier). Then Cloud (The Damage Mercenary) and last but not least, Barret (The Buffed-Up Black Guy With Nerves Of Steel.)

It was sad....:mad:

Marshall Banana
03-11-2009, 05:53 AM
I don't think I've died yet!

The Shoeless Hobo
03-11-2009, 06:33 AM

I haven't died in a while but that smug bastard Dyne killed me yesterday. I forgot to fix around the materia to Barrett before it was too late and then he got in 3 hits in a row.

Exactly what I did 5 minutes ago. =/

Jiro
03-11-2009, 07:25 AM
I've haven't died yet, but I had some close encounters in the forests trying to get Yuffie. I was getting annoyed at how long it was taking and stopped paying attention. Cloud and Red XIII bit the dust, but Barret ran away quick smart :D

qwertysaur
03-11-2009, 07:43 AM
10 years ago when I first play FF VII I forgot to save Jesse in reactor 1, so I blew up with it. :(

Jessweeee♪
03-12-2009, 11:22 PM
10 years ago when I first play FF VII I forgot to save Jesse in reactor 1, so I blew up with it. :(

Me too xD

I could not for the life of me figure out how to get out of there, so I gave up and played FFVIII instead. Technically FFVII was the first FF I've ever played, but whenever someone asks I say FFVIII because of this xD

Aerith's Knight
03-12-2009, 11:29 PM
I almost never die, only Rapps succeeded in doing so.(Damn that Yuffie!)

And the first two fights against Ruby killed me in my first game.

Shoeberto
03-13-2009, 12:37 AM

Samesies, even down to the year. I was thinking about that the other day when I played the intro, actually. Messing up on that has made a pretty big impression on me, so I always freak out making sure I get her ASAP when it happens.

I haven't died so far on this playthrough, but I'm only to the Shinra building.

Aerith's Knight
03-13-2009, 12:52 AM
You guys talk as if it's normal to die sometimes in this game.

Seriously.. with all the powerlevelling you guys do, and even if you don't.. that's pretty sad. You should know by know what the hard parts are(Temple Ancients, Rapps and Malboro)

Although I'd understand if you had a suprise encounter with Malboro.(stupid status jerk!)

Jiro
03-15-2009, 11:21 AM

I killed Rapps with one Boost Jump from Cid and one Meteor Rain from Cloud. I was extremely paranoid about the fight, but got lucky :D

Lost Number decimated me though. It was such a ridiculously easy fight for it, I was embarrassed :( I killed it in the end though :p

DarkBahamut
03-15-2009, 04:18 PM

I killed Rapps with one Boost Jump from Cid and one Meteor Rain from Cloud. I was extremely paranoid about the fight, but got lucky :D

Lost Number decimated me though. It was such a ridiculously easy fight for it, I was embarrassed :( I killed it in the end though :p
The first time I fought Rapps, I didn't even know about Wutai. Cloud was still sick in Mideel. So the battle was with Barret, Cid, and Red XIII (Nanaki.) I killed it in two hits.

MJN SEIFER
03-20-2009, 12:12 AM
Got past Schizo yesterday, was pretty weak after it (that attack "they" does after "they" die took me by suprise and I only had one character standing) I knew I had to save so, I headed back to the save point, but before I got there I got into a random battle, which I couldn't escape from thanks to a stupid glitch and I was killed almost instantly (It was only an "EvilHead" and all...:roll2). Strangly, I wasn't that anoyed, I just thought to myself "typicial..."

I have got past them again, and managed to save. (I wasn't that weak this time, because I kept myself healed and replaced one of my characters).

Crimson
03-20-2009, 12:53 PM

This, damnit, I mean, come on Square, how are we supposed to KNOW?

Skyblade
03-20-2009, 04:36 PM
I didn't even realize that leaving Jessie behind would kill you for about 3 years. I always talk to everyone when I can, and when I see her just sitting there as the entire building is going to blow up, I at least want to know why.

MJN SEIFER
03-20-2009, 10:28 PM
I didn't even realize that leaving Jessie behind would kill you for about 3 years. I always talk to everyone when I can, and when I see her just sitting there as the entire building is going to blow up, I at least want to know why.

Her legg was caught in the railings wasn't it?

Jiro
03-21-2009, 03:49 AM
I didn't talk to her the first time I played, but Biggs says something about Jessie not being back so I went and saved her :D

MJN SEIFER
03-21-2009, 07:55 PM
Oh I see.

I can still remember the first time I died in FFVII, it was fighting the Scorpion Guard and died - but it wasn't my fault.

I completly missinterpretted Cloud's instructions - "Attack while its tail's up" indeed...

The Turk
03-24-2009, 02:56 PM
Okay on my game I kept getting killed by the elephant and ostrich type enemies near the chocobo farm while trying to learn Level 4 Suicide. I have also been killed a lot in the forests near Junon while trying to recruit Yuffie.

I don't think my low level Enemy Skill game is possible :(

DarkBahamut
03-24-2009, 03:07 PM
I died against Midgar Zolom last Saturday. Although, the first time I played FF7, I walked right through the lake from the middle and a glitch happened which made me not encounter him.

The Turk
03-24-2009, 03:22 PM
Sometimes you can walk through the marshes fine. I also did it on my very first playthrough and then the 2nd time I played the game I was like "wtf I don't remember fighting this snake?" This time I again was able to run through the marshes without meeting him- TWICE!- but it's very hard to do so.