PDA

View Full Version : Ruby/Emerald Weapon Strategy Thread

DarkBahamut
03-11-2009, 05:45 AM
Post all your strategies on killing these two bass-turds.

FFIX Choco Boy
03-11-2009, 08:54 PM
Kill I think like 65 thousand enemies with Vincent's Death penalty, and then shoot Emmy with it. There you go. Repeat for Ruby aswell, making sure he's the only one alive at the beginning.

Aerith's Knight
03-11-2009, 09:18 PM
W-summon + KOTR + mime

Then proceed to beat the crap out of them.

Zeromus_X
03-12-2009, 02:35 AM
Kill I think like 65 thousand enemies with Vincent's Death penalty, and then shoot Emmy with it. There you go.

That must take forever.

Anyway, I remember using Omnislash + Counter/Mime x 3 or so.

DarkBahamut
03-12-2009, 02:48 AM
Kill I think like 65 thousand enemies with Vincent's Death penalty, and then shoot Emmy with it. There you go.

That must take forever.

My favorite, except I use Barret's Ungarmax because it's faster.

Skyblade
03-12-2009, 06:18 AM

That must take forever.

65535 is the maximum number of kills that will count as a bonus to the damage of his Death Penalty, which is enough to overload the damage calculator against Emerald WEAPON and initiate the instant-kill. This strategy does not work against Ruby WEAPON, though, because Ruby's defense is too high.

Barret's Missing Score is also capable of overloading the damage calculator if outfitted with 8 Mastered Knight of the Round Materia, but not against either Ruby or Emerald WEAPON, as their defense is too high (the boost from the Mastered KotR Materia are not as high as the max boost Vincent is able to get).

Personally, not a fan of this strategy, because you lose all the AP from Emerald that would normally go to the Materia in his Weapon.

Aerith's Knight
03-12-2009, 12:17 PM
with 8 Mastered Knight of the Round Materia,

Am I missing something here?

Goldenboko
03-12-2009, 01:57 PM
HP Absorb-KOTR, Mime

You instantly win.

Aerith's Knight
03-12-2009, 02:07 PM
HP Absorb-KOTR, Mime

You instantly win.

Little tip.

If you add W-summon, the caster won't be able to do it twice, but the one who mimes it will

3 times KOTR. Instant win against Seffie, don't know about Weapons though. (But I believe it does about 300.000 damage)

Skyblade
03-12-2009, 06:38 PM

Barret's Ultimate Weapon has a damage modifier based on the AP of the Materia equipped to it. Knights of the Round has the highest AP total (since Underwater's cap of 16,777,215 AP will never apply to Barret's Ultimate Weapon) at 500,000 when Mastered. So 8 Mastered KotR Materia will give the highest possible boost to Barret's Ultimate Weapon, which is enough to overload the damage calculator against some enemies, resulting in an instant kill.

Aerith's Knight
03-12-2009, 07:08 PM

Barret's Ultimate Weapon has a damage modifier based on the AP of the Materia equipped to it. Knights of the Round has the highest AP total (since Underwater's cap of 16,777,215 AP will never apply to Barret's Ultimate Weapon) at 500,000 when Mastered. So 8 Mastered KotR Materia will give the highest possible boost to Barret's Ultimate Weapon, which is enough to overload the damage calculator against some enemies, resulting in an instant kill.

You're missing my point here, haxor.

There is only one KOTR materia in the game, last time I checked.

TheSpoonyBard
03-12-2009, 07:33 PM
You can only find one, yes, but when it is mastered it gives birth to another. Master that and you have three. The number of materia you can have is limited only by the space allocated in the inventory*.

* Enemy Skill and Underwater cannot be mastered in the usual way and do not give birth to new materia.

champagne supernova
03-12-2009, 08:02 PM

That must be the most tedious grind in the world ever. But so are all these challenges. How much AP does Mime require to be Mastered?

Aerith's Knight
03-12-2009, 08:25 PM
You can only find one, yes, but when it is mastered it gives birth to another. Master that and you have three. The number of materia you can have is limited only by the space allocated in the inventory*.

* Enemy Skill and Underwater cannot be mastered in the usual way and do not give birth to new materia.

I thought that didn't count with summon materia.

Boy, that's a good waste of months of your life right there.

FFIX Choco Boy
03-12-2009, 08:54 PM
Course it counts with summons, otherwise u couldn't get more than 2 master summon materia, which I got 3 max in a single game, probably like 9 total(5 from Emmy kills) throughout my many playthroughs of this game.

Skyblade
03-12-2009, 11:49 PM

That must be the most tedious grind in the world ever. But so are all these challenges. How much AP does Mime require to be Mastered?

Mime's only 100,000.

And mastering 8 KotR Materia is much faster than Vincent's 65k kills. Facing the Movers and Magic Pots with Triple growth weapons (Apocalypse and Scimitar) can get you that fairly quickly.

Big D
03-13-2009, 11:41 AM
Ruby Weapon? My standard strategy is to fight with Cloud alone. W-Summon KotR, but target Ruby's tentacles. Thereafter, simply Mime for great justice. As soon as the tentacles are dead, the summons will target Ruby itself. As soon as the tentacles revive, Arthur and his hombres will deal out some Holy :bou::bou::bou::bou: and smack them right back down again.

Sure, takes a little longer than other strategies, but it's one of the most fool-proof methods I'm aware of. As long as you remember to have full status immunity (either a Ribbon, or armour with Added Effect + Hades), and keep Final Attack + Phoenix in reserve, just in case, you'll be fine. Oh, and make sure your MP are maxed out with MP Plus materia too. You might just need those, if things get hairy.

The Turk
03-24-2009, 03:19 PM
8 KOTR's takes an age to master.

A quicker tip is to get 3 mastered KOTR's and then in the fight give Barret 4 Hero Drinks and cast Berserk on him. That will be enough to kill Emerald in one hit.

I killed Ruby by starting with just Cloud and the other two dead. Then when Cloud died I had Final Attack-Phoenix which brought the other two back alive. Then it was just a case of the usual combinations of KOTR, Mine, W-Summon, MP-Turbo, MP absorb etc.

Ribbon's on all three party members is obviously a BIG help.

I am currently trying to beat both just with Enemy Skill's, but I don't think it's possible. At least not yet anyway. Maybe if I can use Chocobuckle to power Lucky 7's I'll stand a chance.

DJKingDavid
03-25-2009, 04:58 PM
wow...i need to go back and play this game again...its been about 6 years...or longer...i dont think i ever got 8 KOTR...nor did i understand how to utillize barrets ultimate with those materia...u guyz are insane...i need to try this ONE HIT EMERALD trick...

Negative
03-26-2009, 12:18 PM
BEST WAY TO KILL EMERALD WEAPON

1. get some one with 9999 max ho and equip 2 materias to them so when emerald uses aire tam storm it will do 2222 damage.
9999-2222=7777:D:D

2. For the rest of the battle just heal when u get attacked and since emeralds attacks are quite powerfullimits are within easy reach.

Dragonheart
03-31-2009, 11:19 PM
Ok Guys to kill emerald u need the hp plus materia for all three characters and be high enough level to get 9999 hp the trick is to only equip 2 materia to each character becaus emerald's air tam stomp does damage based on the # of materia. if u only have 2 equiped he will do 2222 damage. the only thing u will have to worry about is keeping ur hp at 9999 until he uses air tam stomp. when it hits ur hp will be 7777. the top of the screen will say all lucky 7s. at this point ur characters will go into a frenzy and attack until he is dead

TheSpoonyBard
03-31-2009, 11:40 PM
Lucky 7s doesn't continue until the enemy has been defeated. If you used it at the beginning of battle against Emerald it'd be left with 502,272 HP.