PDA

View Full Version : Greatest Hero...

Wolf Kanno
03-14-2009, 07:05 AM
Inspired by a conversation in another thread. Who is do you feel is the best main character in the 3 FFT titles and why?

Is it Ramza from Final Fantasy Tactics; Marche from Final Fantasy Tactics Advance; or it Luso from Final Fantasy Tactics A2?

Skyblade
03-14-2009, 07:23 AM
I voted for Marche. Luso would probably be second place. Ramza falls to last.

Momiji
03-14-2009, 08:19 AM
I've always liked Marche, so I pick him.

I never really liked Ramza that much, and Luso just doesn't stand out much for me (granted, I'm not very far into FFTA2...)

Wolf Kanno
03-14-2009, 08:34 AM
I'm a Ramza fan. Marche is too unrealistic of a character for me and while I appreciate his dynamic in the storyline, he always felt artificial to me. Luso is fun so far but not really endearing for me. I'm not as far into TA2 as I should be but its because I keep getting sidetracked by all the missions and extras. :eep:

Ramza, I felt had to face the worst situations out of the three of them, and I felt it fleshed him out as not just a character but as a human being as well. He feels the most realistic and he's certainly the most tragic of the three.

Momiji
03-14-2009, 06:45 PM
I just realized I mindlessly clicked Ramza on the poll. I should pay better attention. :p

NeoTifa
03-14-2009, 07:06 PM
Marche sucks Ramza's dick.

This is not appropriate. ~ Leeza

You're not appropiate, sir!

((actually I keep forgetting what you can and cannot get away with on this forums. I'm used to DIC >_> where you can actally say stuff like that and no one cares haha sry))

Tama2
03-14-2009, 08:35 PM
o_O

Anyway. Ramza is the best. Maybe it's the fact that I feel like I can relate to him more easily.

Skyblade
03-14-2009, 09:53 PM
I'm a Ramza fan. Marche is too unrealistic of a character for me and while I appreciate his dynamic in the storyline, he always felt artificial to me. Luso is fun so far but not really endearing for me. I'm not as far into TA2 as I should be but its because I keep getting sidetracked by all the missions and extras. :eep:

Ramza, I felt had to face the worst situations out of the three of them, and I felt it fleshed him out as not just a character but as a human being as well. He feels the most realistic and he's certainly the most tragic of the three.

Maybe Ramza did face the worst situation, but he also had the worst result. Ramza is the only one of the three heroes who would have allowed FFT to end the way it did. Delita was a villain, and neither Marche nor Luso would have left him in power the way he was.

Tama2
03-14-2009, 10:30 PM
Without that happening the story wouldn't have been told the way it was.
Even so, Delita had to become king in order to help bring peace between commoners and nobles. Plus, Delita wasn't even the real villain in that game. He wasn't a terrible person, just a user.

I still find Ramza the best because he is the most human out of all of them. I'm not looking for some invincible person with this absolute sense of justice. I want a hero that can fall making him just like you or me.

Feel free to correct me. It's been a long time since I've played that game.

NeoTifa
03-15-2009, 12:08 AM
Leeza hates the truth. Bwhahahaha :mwahaha:

Ramza is totally sweet. He loves his sister, and his father, and believes in honor, not power. Marche, however, is a little whiney brat!

Wolf Kanno
03-15-2009, 04:34 AM
Maybe Ramza did face the worst situation, but he also had the worst result. Ramza is the only one of the three heroes who would have allowed FFT to end the way it did. Delita was a villain, and neither Marche nor Luso would have left him in power the way he was.

Yet this is the beauty of FFT, Delita is not someone I consider a villain. He is an idealist who gained political power through backstabbing and using people. Yet the history of the game states he was a fair and just ruler which tells me that leaving him in power was probably for the best. If Ramza tried to remove Delita, Ivalice would be plunged into another civil war and be back where it started. Its world is based on reality and thus you sometimes have to make compromises. I feel Delita was the best chose to rule Ivalice and the prologue shows that Delita suffered in his own way due to his actions.

Ramza won the battle of the soul by rising higher than Delita. Delita wanted to help the poor and downtrodden to the point he became the same as the people whom he was was trying to fight against. Yet could we not say this is how all great leaders are in the history of political power?

I feel Marche and Luso would have chose to try and stop Delita but would it be the actual right thing to do since it would only lead to more war and a new dictator? They would find themselves in a near eternal struggle of removing one dictator after another, especially since neither would have the motivation to take the throne for themselves.

The history shown in the game suggests that Ramza left Ivalice in a better state than when he started and he had to sacrifice everything and kill his own blood to accomplish it. I feel Ramza truly has more inner strength than the others cause he did what he had to do to restore peace even at the cost of his own happiness. Marche follows in the same footsteps but his situation was not as dire nor did it have the real world consequences that Ramza's had. I imagine though, that Marche can be thought of as a younger version of Ramza. ;)

Luso, I cannot say for certain cause I have not even gotten far enough for the real plot to begin. Yet Luso does not strike me as a person who has to deal with far reaching consequences either. Though he's fun to play with. :D

Momiji
03-15-2009, 06:22 AM
Leeza hates the truth. Bwhahahaha :mwahaha:

Ramza is totally sweet. He loves his sister, and his father, and believes in honor, not power. Marche, however, is a little whiney brat!

Mewt was the whiny one.

NeoTifa
03-15-2009, 07:11 AM
Marche's balls haven't dropped yet. He's still whiney. Ramza is all man :love:

Zechs
03-17-2009, 11:39 AM
I vote Ramza. Without his ideals, and what he was forced through to deal... That world wouldn't have gone as fair as it did. Without fighting his brothers, witnessing his best friends sister's murder, drastic change in his friend and so on. The would would have fallen much further than it did during the story. Ramza had the bigger impact offensively. Delita, in a sense, flanked the opposition and caused the peace within Political levels.

BG-57
03-18-2009, 09:44 PM
Ramza for reasons already stated.

ShunNakamura
03-20-2009, 11:28 AM
A quick warning, it has been a LONG time since I last played this game so my memory and understanding may be a bit off.

I will also go with Ramza. Most reasons have been stated. What I liked most about him was that he was willing to 'slink away' as some people would put it. Yes he could have vote for his honor, to try and take a scheming user off the throne or any number of things. However, all that would have done was hurt the people of the country. And if memory serves Ramza wanted to protect those people not harm them. Personally taking one for the team is more 'honourable' in my opinion than fighting to the 'end'.

He also knew that Delita's desire was much the same as his(only Delita was more politically cunning). Delita would not aim to cause open strife that would hurt the common folk. In addition we know that Delita's reign was a peaceful and prosperous one(if memory serves).

The question is, what would have happened had Delita gone 'mad with power'? I personally think that, if he heard of it, Ramza would at least want to try to talk with his friend.

Suvious
03-24-2009, 03:31 PM
JudgeMaster Cid because in all honesty... The Judges were too damn cool! I didn't really like the heroes of FFT much, they were too Tidusy

arcanedude34
03-26-2009, 10:59 PM
Marche for being the only FF hero to actually be a villain. Think about it- he's destroying the crystals instead of protecting them as in other games, and is actively destroying the world while convinced that he's working for the greater good despite everyone else's wishes. Sound familiar? It should, that's pretty much the role all other villains take in the rest of the series.