PDA

View Full Version : help

sir helix
03-14-2009, 05:22 PM
im trying to get past the giruvegan, all charcters are lvl 39, i need a good gambit/weapon set up, can any one help out.

Lacarus
03-15-2009, 08:20 PM
You should probably be around level 43-44. Behemoths are week to ice so cast Sleepga, if you face a group, and cast Blizzaga. Dispel the Mythril Golems, you can use Disable on the Gargoyle Barons and Vivians succumb to Sleep, Disable and Silence.

This gambit could be helpful if you use Sleep only on Behemoths:

Foe: Status=Sleep => Blizzaga

qwertysaur
03-27-2009, 03:47 PM
im trying to get past the giruvegan, all charcters are lvl 39, i need a good gambit/weapon set up, can any one help out.

Giruvegan is a great area, It's so pretty! The enemies are not too bad. Vivian's bad breath is a pain, so remedy/esuna is a must! Also be very careful, because you might see a Diakon Entity floating about. Any magic around that will result in a spamming of holy on you!

Remember you can also heal your reserve characters if you have too make a quick switch.

The First Boss in the area is A physical Brawl that I think you already beat. :p If not, just keep healing!

The second Boss has a field effect so watch out. You can't use techniks! He has very high HP, and is weak to Ice. If you are in a pinch, summon Mateus for some damage and you can heal while the boss focus's on Mateus :p

When you get to the end, you will be facing an Esper, so be warned. She is able to cause possibly the worst status effect to have in the game, disease. What it does is when you take damage, you loose from your MAX HP until it is removed. Dying does not remove it either. Instead the character comes back with 1/1 HP! So bring a lot of Vaccines and get some people the license for Cleanse (White Magick 5) and have an Ally Status: = Disease - Cleanse/Vaccine gambit if it is available as your top. Vaccine is preferred, because the boss also loves to give you the silence status. Shell is also great, because this boss loves to hit you with powerful magicks! Victory nets you a new esper and a very shiny cutscene! :cactuar: