PDA

View Full Version : Any Display Driver issue experts out there?

Crimson
03-14-2009, 06:13 PM
Well, today I was watching some Youtube vids, when all of a sudden during one, my PC froze up and about 8 seconds later, my screen went black, unable to get it back on, I was forced to use Force Shutdown.

After booting back up, I tried again, and 27 seconds into a youtube vid, the same thing happened again, only this time I left the black screen to see what would happen, after about 5 seconds it shutdown and rebooted itself.

After taking some advice, I checked my Event Viewer and around roughly the time that both occured, there was this error.

Error ati2mtag Category: CRT Event: 45062

So I did a bit of research and it seems I may be experiancing a Video/Display Driver problem with ATI.

This was a few hours ago and I havent a video since, so im pretty sure im on the mark, unfortunatly, i've yet to find any information as to what I can do about it.

Crimson
03-14-2009, 06:32 PM
Well this sucks.

As I was submitting this thread, it happening again, only it came back on and I got an error message saying something about my Graphics not reacting. Then it prompted me to restart, and I think my Display card just died on me, because now I cant get back on to my computer (typing this from my uncle's laptop) because it's just not loading on my monitor (it stays as no signal, as f it isnt turned on).

And I have no way of getting back on to do something about it. :(

demondude
03-14-2009, 06:52 PM
I'm not 100%, but I have a feeling it might have something to do with your Graphics card. I used to get the "no signal" message, and the issue was down the the Graphics Card failing on me.

EDIT: Also, are there ventilation issues with your computer? Overheating is a possibility.

EDIT2: You could also try downloading a new driver. Is your driver Intel? I heard some Intel drivers have problems.

demondude
03-14-2009, 06:58 PM
In fact, disregard the graphics card thing. I'm pretty sure you need to un-install the driver or something. Ask a techy if that doesn't work.