PDA

View Full Version : This Needs Replacing!

Jiro
03-15-2009, 11:30 AM
I bought a new desktop computer yesterday, because the old one was basically prehistoric! :Eek:

My parents are also planning on buying a new fridge in a week or two.

So EoFF, how often do you replace things? And do you wait before it's broken before replacing?

Yar
03-15-2009, 11:33 AM
New things are fun. In fact, we just got rid of our old refrigerator, and it was about as old as I am! It wasn't even broken, either. We just moved and our relatives needed a fridge, so they have it now.

We get new gadgets every once in a while.

scrumpleberry
03-15-2009, 12:50 PM
I replace things when they start to be so broken as to inconvience and make one ANGRYYYYYYYY

~*~Celes~*~
03-15-2009, 01:12 PM
It's not often we replace things around here...For example, we got this pc I'm on in like 2004 and while it sucks sometimes, it's still a pretty reliable computer (i.e. I can play Morrowind and The Sims 2 without it crashing <3), it's pretty slow sometimes and it doesn't take much for it to turn into a metaphorical old lady crossing the street with her walker -.o Though, it's a boy computer, so more like a metaphorical old man crossing the street with his walker.

My computer's name is Steven~

blackmage_nuke
03-15-2009, 02:26 PM
I try to replace things as little as possible. If I really cant find a way to fix something thats broken I'll replace it. And even after I replace something I dont throw out the old one, saving it incase its parts come in handy one day. My current headphones are held together with rubber bands and sticky tape and I kept my old headphones to use as a hairband.

escobert
03-15-2009, 02:32 PM
I wait until they're dead and useless.

cloud_doll
03-15-2009, 03:07 PM
My family is poor so all our stuff is old. Our TV is from the 70's, our fridge is like 15 years old, my car is old but we are replacing the transmission after a year of me driving around in 3rd gear.

Blue Harvest
03-17-2009, 10:05 PM
I only replace something if it's completely broken. 'Doesn't work as well as it used to' isn't a good enough reason for me.

black orb
03-17-2009, 10:13 PM
I only replace something if it's completely broken. 'Doesn't work as well as it used to' isn't a good enough reason for me.
>>> Same here, i still enjoy my old radio from the 80`s, TV from the 90`s, my NES, my playstation, and my torn off clothes and shoes..

Brennan
03-19-2009, 01:40 AM
My computer's starting to fry, hopefully we will get a new one soon, because this one has a crappy graphics card (I think it's a chipset), and the fact that it goes SLOW AS HELL really tells me it's about to roll over and die.

I try not to replace things as soon as they get a little old, but if they're too old, it's gotta go.

NeoTifa
03-19-2009, 01:41 AM
I replace rubberbands everytime i eat