PDA

View Full Version : EoFF Anniversary

Evastio
03-17-2009, 04:34 AM
It's a day late but oh well.

So do you commemorate your day of first joining EoFF in any way? It can be anything from simply remembering it to making a whole set dedicated to you joining EoFF.

To commemorate my EoFF Anniversary, I make this thread on March 15 (or a day later in this case) and I use a Cecil set since he was the first avatar I used when I first joined.

Yar
03-17-2009, 04:37 AM
Ides of March!

Mine's September eleventh. I really don't celebrate it. It's just a join date. :p

Kirobaito
03-17-2009, 04:43 AM
There was a point in my EoFF career in which I did, but I don't anymore. I don't even really remember what it is, though. Late June, sometime. I do know that this June will be 8 years, though.

scrumpleberry
03-17-2009, 01:47 PM
It seems silly.

Flying Mullet
03-17-2009, 02:03 PM
I do nothing for my anniversary. Plus, I'm not sure what day I actually joined (sometime in March) so its hard to celebrate.

Old Manus
03-17-2009, 02:36 PM
I don't keep track of the dates I register at internet message boards, so all I know is that my postbit says it's sometime in March, which is now!

So I suppose that makes it about 5 years here. Jesus, I need to rethink my life.

Levian
03-17-2009, 03:13 PM
I do nothing for my anniversary. Plus, I'm not sure what day I actually joined (sometime in March) so its hard to celebrate.

and yet your profile says late april. I want to hear the whole story behind this one. Don't leave out a single detail!

Flying Mullet
03-17-2009, 03:27 PM

and yet your profile says late april. I want to hear the whole story behind this one. Don't leave out a single detail!

This is a second account. I originally registered as "chadmonkey" but after a few weeks decided I wanted to be "Flying Mullet". I didn't know about contacting a mod/admin to have your name changed and the whole "second accounts are the prime source of evil in our world" bit and I created this account instead. Agent Proto contacted me and let me know that second accounts aren't allowed and was thinking of banning me altogether until I explained my ignorance on name changes and he let me stay. The "chadmonkey" account was deleted and I've been posting with a second account ever since! :ffvistrut:

Heath
03-17-2009, 03:39 PM

This is a second account. I originally registered as "chadmonkey" but after a few weeks decided I wanted to be "Flying Mullet". I didn't know about contacting a mod/admin to have your name changed and the whole "second accounts are the prime source of evil in our world" bit and I created this account instead. Agent Proto contacted me and let me know that second accounts aren't allowed and was thinking of banning me altogether until I explained my ignorance on name changes and he let me stay. The "chadmonkey" account was deleted and I've been posting with a second account ever since! :ffvistrut:

Corruption at the top!

The only interesting thing about when I joined was that it was exactly 8 months before my birthday, so I got my custom title on my 14th birthday. And now I'm 20. Oh God...

Levian
03-17-2009, 04:01 PM
Proto totally should've banned you from changing your name from such an awesome name as chadmonkey.

rubah
03-17-2009, 04:24 PM
I usually forget to remember it, wrapped up in the funtimes of almost-christmas :D but it's dec 20

Shiny
03-17-2009, 04:33 PM
Dude, I don't even remember the day I joined. I don't even remember my own name half of the time. :jess:

Bunny
03-17-2009, 04:42 PM
I wallow in self pity and terrible depression, drinking myself halfway to death as I think, long and hard, at what continues to keep me here year after year.

And then I pass out with my penis in one hand and a bottle of cheap vodka in the other.

Darkswordofchaos
03-17-2009, 04:55 PM
I dont remember what day i fist joined EoFF but i was I joined again after not logging on in like 2 years forgot all my stuff but i think i will have a big party for my one year

Momiji
03-17-2009, 05:03 PM
I joined on March 24, 2005, apparently.

I'll have been here for 4 years in a week!

Wow...that's kind of depressing.

theundeadhero
03-17-2009, 05:04 PM
I usually think to myself that I've been posting for x amount of years now, holy crap. This October makes eight years :spin:

Linus
03-17-2009, 05:16 PM
Wow, I saw this thread title and went all "OH NO IT ISN'T CAUSE THAT'S ON DECEMBER 5TH" in my head but then I read the post and was like "Oh, never mind."

I actually had like 6 join dates. Once in like June 2000, as EinSteiner. I recall there was a mod named Aeris that people were debating whether to keep her as a mad or not. Raistlin and Cid and Dan Walkie were big time posters. I didn't really post though, I just lurked a bit. Later, in July, I registered as The Chrono Cross, and participated a little bit in the Magestar ORPG as "Kross."

I posted a bit, talked to some people, but decided I was bored with The Chrono Cross. I was like 14, after all. I reregistered as Linus in August 2000 and posted with <b>bold Comic Sans MS in orange</b> and had a Little Sword Guy on every post.

http://loonybob.homestead.com/files/little.gif

I think I dropped some inside joke in my newbie thread and so the older members liked me a little bit. I then became a spam-crazed post count machine, along with edczxcvbnm in the race to attain a custom avatar. Drex was there too. We were pretty much the reason post counts were removed and custom avatars were given to all. =) You can thank me now.

Aerith's Knight
03-17-2009, 06:29 PM
It was at the end of summer, and I was bored...

...and I'm still bored. :p

~*~Celes~*~
03-17-2009, 08:57 PM
It says I joined on June 5th of '05 but I still swear up and down I joined before that. *shrugs* It's a mystery.

I don't celebrate because I forget to keep track xD Plus, it's not a huge deal to me, really. My first post was either the one where I got all pissed at Rengori for calling Rikku a slut, or it was a post I vaguely remember making about Kefka, way back in the day xD

Rebellious Eagle
03-17-2009, 09:08 PM
I joined just a little over a month ago. February 15. :D

escobert
03-17-2009, 09:11 PM
According to my join date which isn't correct I'll have been here 8 years in april!

Depression Moon
03-17-2009, 09:55 PM
Oh I'm a bit late, but it's okay. i joined hear sometime in 2005. It's been a good little while.

Goldenboko
03-17-2009, 10:46 PM
It was at the end beginning of summer, and I was bored...

...and I'm still bored. :p

Basically.

I normally don't "do" anything. Other then take note, because little things like that make a day interesting :)

Jiro
03-18-2009, 02:23 AM
I don't celebrate it, because I usually forget. But I'm at 5 years in September.. And I lurked for a year or two before :Eek:

black orb
03-18-2009, 02:27 AM
>>> So, how old is eoff? like 10-11 years?..

Monkey4Soul
03-18-2009, 02:32 AM
It's kinda on my birthday, but that doesn't really answer the question. I don't really celebrate because apparently people don't know who I am and I only recently made my only two friends (one of whom requested, so that almost doesn't count) and even then, that was after my anniversary.

SilverWind
03-18-2009, 02:34 AM
Not even quite sure how long it has been...

*checks CP*

Ah. I joined on 09-30-2004. I used to be more active, but I didn't come here that often for awhile. Kinda feel like I missed out.

theundeadhero
03-18-2009, 09:36 AM
>>> So, how old is eoff? like 10-11 years?..Will be 10 on December 5th.

Aerith's Knight
03-18-2009, 10:09 AM
>>> So, how old is eoff? like 10-11 years?..Will be 10 on December 5th.

Still 8 more years before Gobo can legally fornicate with it. :p

Goldenboko
03-18-2009, 12:01 PM
And if I did that I'd still have had more action then you :monster:

Dignified Pauper
03-18-2009, 12:05 PM
I don't remember when I joined. I have to look around at other accounts... but uh. I think it was September of 01

Old Manus
03-18-2009, 01:34 PM
Oh, seeing as we're all second accounts, August/September 03

theundeadhero
03-18-2009, 03:01 PM
Oh, you mean this account? June '04. It was my first that joined in October 01.

qwertysaur
03-18-2009, 03:44 PM
I come on, read threads, post in some of them, then carry on my day. Nothing special, usually I forget it was the day I registered anyway. :p

Awrini
03-18-2009, 06:28 PM
I tend to read the fora in March, I joined March 3rd, 2001. Although I gotta think, "DAMN IT'S ALREADY BEEN 8 YEARS!" Sometimes I still can't believe I still check back on this place these days. Well that and I still frequent chat.

Caraliz
03-18-2009, 08:05 PM
I've been lurking since 2004 but I finally registered in 2007.

Agent Proto
03-21-2009, 09:09 PM
Proto totally should've banned you from changing your name from such an awesome name as chadmonkey.

And it's a good thing I didn't, because Mullet is forever in my debt for it. :D

Anyway, I originally registered around the end of the summer of '00, or was it '01? I don't remember.

Jessweeee♪
03-21-2009, 09:12 PM
Well I joined in July and Retro Month is August, so I just use my Fry avatar then xD

Momiji
03-21-2009, 09:40 PM
If we're going by lurking time as well, I first started frequenting this site in '03. I joined in 2005...so technically, I've been here for close to 6 years. :sweat:

Loony BoB
03-23-2009, 10:51 AM

And it's a good thing I didn't, because Mullet is forever in my debt for it. :D

Anyway, I originally registered around the end of the summer of '00, or was it '01? I don't remember.
2000 for you, 2000 for me. I think it was August 28th or something like that. Ask Kishi, it's the same day-of-the-month as his, just one month earlier. But he was a popular kid and I was a nobody.

I don't do nothin', really. I tend to forget about it until later on.